Nuclear Supremacy - Don't got a bomb ... don't got nothing!

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (19 posts)
  1. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

The news has been focused all day on North Koreas nuclear bomb testing. Korea remains beligerent. Oh what joy. Our dreams of peace just got a little less hopeful ...

And we’re gathered at the starting line of the race of the 20th century. Yes folks we are about to be delighted, enthralled not to mention dead if this competition results in any of the front runners gaining the object of the coming race: nuclear supremacy!

Assembled at the starting line we can see the Big Guns – Russia is there, representing the entire Soviet Union …  Milling around in ever increasing circles we can see America, a definite favourite to win! The small but mighty island of Great Britain is also in the running but viewed by many as more of an outsider with odds placed at 100/1. France, China, India and Israel also have a small chance but hey! You can’t win it if you’re not in it!

AND THEY’RE OFF!

Russia is first out of the gate, running up the inside, America is close behind and both set a steady pace for the followers … Great Britain is closing but there goes America! Overtaking Russia on the outside – India and China are jostling for position and France and Israel are neck and neck but trailing the leaders now by two furlongs … and America continues to lengthen the gap, leaving Russia to work a bit harder and Great Britain remains steady, not allowing Russia to get too far in front … France is starting to pull away from Israel and is coming up on the inside of India and China … Israel is starting to feel the tempo now, looking a bit weary … And Russia is attempting to push ahead, gaining ground on America who’s looking strong … will the big clash materialise?! … China and India continue to battle lots of fancy footwork going on … America has now established itself as the leader with a three furlong lead on Russia who despite being in second position remains a strong contender … the pack is lengthening its stride but I think its starting to look as though America is going to take this … Israel is way back now France is pulling away from China … Great Britain looking a bit tired but keeping pace … America LOOK at America GO! We may be about to see the emergence of the winner of the race folks you are seeing poetry in motion … it’s a four furlong lead now Russia struggling to stay in the race but sheer determination is not going to count them out and Great Britain is slowly gaining on Russia who’d better make their move … and despite the punishing pace France China India and Israel are still in … and here comes America now - finish line in sight … looking strong … Russia sticking with America but still lagging … it’s not going to be a photo finish today folks … America is definitely going to finish by more than a nose … and BOOM. It’s all over … America TRIUMPHS! Four furlongs, Russia coming in second … Great Britain in third, trailing Russia by three furlongs … chased by France with an eight furlong gap … China India and Israel bring up the rear in that order.

What a race folks. Nuclear Supremacy is confirmed!

No doubt there’ll be other side races in years to come. Libya and North Korea both showed interest but couldn’t organise themselves in time for today’s race.

Well done Korea. Big up you for wanting the same toys as the big boys ...

http://www.rousefamily.com/nuclear-bomb-badger.jpg

2. RooBee profile image83
    RooBeeposted 14 years ago

Frog, you're too clever sometimes. This is horribly hilarious. What will the winner receive? *cynical, halfhearted laugh*

3. My Inner Jew profile image61
    My Inner Jewposted 14 years ago

Haha this is so funny!  Who knows who will win...maybe next time we won't have a chance...who knows how the ever "agreeable" korea will use their nuclear powers.

4. frogdropping profile image77

@Roobee ... I'm not clever ... I'm alarmed wink

@MyInner ... there will be no winners. Only a huge global loss and a dead rock. *sighs*

From a t-shirt - I like the world. It's where I keep all my stuff ... big_smile

5. Lgali profile image56
    Lgaliposted 14 years ago

very funny again

6. frogdropping profile image77

Lol it wasn't meant to be funny ...

7. profile image0
    Janettaposted 14 years ago

Very thought provoking Frog. See...I didn't say funny!! LOL

8. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

I often wonder about all these bombs myself ...major paranoia thats for sure hmm

9. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

You forgot Pakistan.

frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, I just didn't mention them. For no paricular reason. let's face it, a lot more countries want nuclear arms than actually have them.

The fools ... because one is all it needs ...

Yes Paper, I'm going lol wink

10. Paper Moon profile image79
    Paper Moonposted 14 years ago

Go frog go!

11. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Well done Frogster!!!!

Now I got this song in my head

step by step

la la la

til we all fall down

toy soliders

wahhhhhhhhhh.....

12. frogdropping profile image77

Eagle - me too now neutral

13. HubPolice profile image57
    HubPoliceposted 14 years ago

Very clever and well written, and pretty funny too (even if it wasn't meant to be).  I was quietly cheering for Great Britain, even though we never really had a hope, but like you say there are no real winners in that race.

frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks HP smile I was ticked off. As you are when you're British. It's a random affliction ... It was just another right old load of codswallop.

At what point is the world going to wake up and smell the coffee? I mean - you've gotta laugh. here we are, many of us surmising if ET has ever landed. My opinion? Has he buggery!

ET is sat with his equally ET friends, in the Intergalactic Dog & Gun, just off the Milkyway Universal Interstate, laying down bets on how much longer before some war-mongering half-wit finally lets curiosty get the better of him and plays real-life global war-games and pushes a button.

Then we're really in deep sh*t. Or more likely dead. And ET or one of his pals is gonna be collecting his winnnings.

Why would ET come and take over this big stick of smouldering dynamite? Better to play the odds instead wink

14. HubPolice profile image57
    HubPoliceposted 14 years ago

Maybe it'll be like a big barbecue for them, they're waiting out there right now with beers and potato salad for the party to start, mmmmmmm charmed human flesh in a bap, yummy.

15. frogdropping profile image77

Yep. Though I'd imagine they'd be a few crispy bits ... neutral

16. mandybeau profile image59
    mandybeauposted 14 years ago

I probably shouldn't comment, wasn't popular in N.Z a few years back when the French Govt. got a couple of Army Officers to blow up the Rainbow Warrior, while it was in Auckland harbour. (I have a French surname) did little for the sale of my paintings, people are so stupid, I am a Greenpeace supporter.
    French name, must have had something to do with the Bomb, that killed a photographer, that had returned to get some equipment.
    France still tests its stupid Bombs and lets face it I can say this no one is exactly scared of France, China is the sleeping Giant, can't tell me they are not hard out testing.

17. Pete Maida profile image59
    Pete Maidaposted 14 years ago

That is a great way to look at the arms race.  I have said many times that one of the problems with American foriegn policy is that we don't even try to hide differences in the way we treat others.  If you have a nuke we will talk and be reasonable.  If you don't we'll rattle the sabres.  It seems our talk says nukes bad but our actions say if you want respect get a nuke.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)