do you believe in the end day ?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (36 posts)
  1. Bader H Al Rayyes profile image60
    Bader H Al Rayyesposted 12 years ago

do you believe there will be an end of the world some day , like its written on the  regions, do you believe there will be another life after this one ?

1. profile image0
      RookerySpoonerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, there will be an end to the world.  However, it has been estimated that the Earth, which is approximately 5 billion years old is half way through its life, so probably has another 5 billion before the end.  The human species will have disappeared long before then, as there is no species which has lasted that long, so there is no need for us to worry about the end of the world.

2. ronhi profile image67
      ronhiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I believe in the Bible..and it says there shall be an end  day one day. and it also says there is life after the grave

1. MissJamieD profile image56
        MissJamieDposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You said exactly what I would've said I'd also like to ask a question to everyone if I may....there is an abundance of information in the bible that has been proven scientifically, with evidence---My question to skeptics is: there's proof that the bible foretells Judgement Day ( or the end of the world whatever title you decide to give it)......where's your proof to the contrary? Just asking

1. TKs view profile image60
          TKs viewposted 12 years agoin reply to this

MissJamieD.
          To answer your question in the most literal and fact based way, I would have to say the only "proof" of an end day would be that very day.  It has not, as of yet happened so the evidence is actually in the court of those who say it won't.  If it happens, evidence swings in your favor, but likely won't matter any longer because there won't be anybody to point to and say, "See, we were right."
          With that said, every 'thing' has an end.  The more you spirit is caught up in the 'things' of the world, the more likely you will perceive the same for your self, regardless of what is happening around you.

2. Bader H Al Rayyes profile image60
        Bader H Al Rayyesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

the three main religions says the same .

3. G Miah profile image79
      G Miahposted 12 years agoin reply to this

In Islam, as you all may know, we believe in the hereafter, which means life after death. We are simply in a transitional period on Earth, and after we die, we may be punished in the grave until Judgement Day, or if Allah (God) forgives us, then we will be in peace in the grave with the Gates of Paradise open.

Scientifically the Earth will last another 5 billion years, but as you already may know, many civilisations have come and gone in the past, and many species and come and gone in the past, so there has to be an end to the human species.

The world will start to end slowly, as there are many trials and tribulations we have to face to the build up of the end of the world have to pass. Many of them have already passed, but many major ones are yet to come, and there is evidence that it is very near. I am currently writing a 3 part series on the end of the world in an Islamic perspective, and i have published the first one.

The world will literally start to end when there is no person left on Earth who believes in Allah (God) and remembers His name. Mark my words, within the next 5-10 years we will start to see very serious events taking place throughout our world. If you look in the world news now, you will see there are natural disaster and catastrophes all over the world reported every day. People are killing other people left right and centre, without actually knowing the reason why! All the major religions and their followers are not practising people, especially Muslims, because i can speak for my religion.

1. A Troubled Man profile image58
        A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's a very good reason why Islam is just as false as any other religion that believes in an afterlife.

That's a logical fallacy. If civilizations have come and gone, then we can assume the same will continue to occur.

The only sure thing we know is that the Sun will eventually fry us all in another 5 billion years or so.

That's pure nonsense.

lol

1. MissJamieD profile image56
          MissJamieDposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Actually if you think about it really hard you'll take a look at the world and realize that many people have already given up on God that's why the world is falling apart slowly as we speak! It's already begun. I don't necessarily think next year is the "end" like some say but look around, the world is suffering greatly, it's unfortunate that people don't see that they need to have a relationship with God to prosper as He would've wanted.

LOL! So, do you believe we were better off in earlier times like during the Inquisition or Witch Burnings, when everyone had God, or was at the very least forced to have God?

What we need to do is get rid of all gods and devout our attention to the problems of mankind. It's called dealing with reality.

2. getitrite profile image71
            getitriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So what about centuries ago when Europeans inflicted genocide upon the indigenous peoples of The Americas, or when Africans were bought and sold as slaves?  Or when "witches" were burned alive? Or when conquering armies decimated villages, killing men, women, children, and infants?  Could you tell me how it is only NOW that the world is in such bad shape, as opposed to then? 

So that's all it takes, huh?  A relationship with God? 

I'm sure that the people that I mentioned above believed in some type of God.  Some even believed in your God.

We need to make sure that we are not sounding false alarms.

3. G Miah profile image79

Well said!!! At least someone is talking sense!

Deleted

I don't believe I've ever given one religion an iota of credibility or validity, or any less falsification over any other religion.

3. Bader H Al Rayyes profile image60

why you picked Islam to be the head of the false religions ? , Christianity , Judaism, even Hindu believe in after life. be fair

@G Miah , do not forget that you can not predict the judgement day time , besides , people are believing in god more than the old days , you just measure the time you were born on , go back a few hindered years , some people were believe in strange things and stills.

3. lucieanne profile image69
        lucieanneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

@ G Miah
        How do you think your (Allah) God feels about Islamic terrorists who go to their graves believing that they are carrying out the work of 'Allah'? Do you think he condones these acts because they are allegedly carried out in his name? What about the muslims who openly announce that Islam will take over the world?

1. Bader H Al Rayyes profile image60

@lucieanne hi , try to judge people, do not judge the theory , the Islamic theory is very far away of all the terrorists actions , if there is like 2000 sick Muslims who are inviting others to kill any other nation or people disagree with them doesn't mean that all Muslims are sick !

there are billion of Muslim who is just like you , want to live their lives peacefully with no fear and blood, so do not judge all the Muslims for a few sick people

did you hear about the explosions happened in Norway before 2 months ago , the one he did it was Christian , does that mean that all Christians are sick , and terrorists ? Of course NOT

2. G Miah profile image79

You see what the media have done? They have implanted a seed in everyone's head that Islam and the people who practice is are 'terrosists'. But if people were able to wake up or the covering on their eyes and hearts were lifted, they'd realise that it is not only Muslims who kill people. It is all people from all religions. Christians, Hindus, Jews etc, you name it, they've killed people, whether it be by bombing, shooting, random shooting, car bombs etc. Just because there is a nation of Muslims that live in the Middle East with an abundance of oil and other riches that the West can't get hold of, they get jealous and make plans to make the Middle East and Muslims looks bad to the world, thus raging war without clear proof of WMDs or whatever.

If people used their own brains to decide on something that has taken place, instead of agreeing with everything thrown at them and conforming to everything in the media, there would be more people with sense in the world.

There are website who pretend to be Muslim websites with translations of the Quran, but they have been translated to mean something totally different. So when blind and heartless people go onto these websites and read 'kill anyone and everyone you see around you', they believe it and think bad of Muslim people. If you really knew a PROPER, 100% PRACTISING, NORMAL Muslim who follows the religion to the Holy Book, then you will begin to understand that Muslim people are not 'terrorists', and they haven't been told by their God to kill non muslims or hurt them in anyway. In fact, we muslims are told in the Quran to respect, help, support, visit and share things with our neighbour whatever their relgion may be! I am saying all this because i believe i am 100% proper practising Muslim who has frineds who are Christian, Hindu, Sikh or Atheist (I haven't met any Jews because they don't live in the area i live in). These people are from many different countries. Does that still make me an Islamic terrorist? Some stupid people out there would think that, even though they don't know me at all, and just by looking at my beard they'll think 'Oh, he's a Muslim, he may be a terrorist!'.

When a Muslim does kill someone, then it is all over the news with Muslim hilighted, but if someone else kills who is from another religion, then their religion does not get brought up. Does anyone ever wonder why? The whole world is against Islam, because IT IS THE TRUTH.

Allah has not told any Muslim in any book to kill non Muslims, it the Almighty who gives life and takes life. Any Muslim who kills another human being will taste the HELL FIRE, no doubt, and Allah knows best. Only TRUE, HONEST Muslims FEAR ALLAH and are on the straight path. These types of Muslim people pray for everyone in the world. So after all this, how can Muslims be bad people? Although, in all situations, the minority give a bad name to the majority of the Muslims.

Sorry for going on for so long!

If that were the case, there would be no Muslims or Christians or any religious at all, that is, if more people used their brains.

That is entirely not true.

Sorry to hear you live your lives in fear of an imaginary sky fairy. It's rather funny actually. lol

1. G Miah profile image79

Lol, i'm laughing too. Wait and see, just wait and see. You'll believe when it is too late.

lol

Childish empty threats of "you just wait and see" aren't that compelling, other than towards laughter.

4. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The Universe and everything in it get started with a word/commandment of Creator God "to be" and it starting evolving with the design and purpose set by Him; when he would command it "not to be"; it will cease to be.

Live after this life would definitely be as per His design.

1. lucieanne profile image69
        lucieanneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

OMG How can you be so gullible???

1. earnestshub profile image81
          earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Indoctrination. smile

How else could a sane person believe such dribble? smile

2. ronhi profile image67

@paarsurrey, i agree with you....for the others that disagree, the road that says i don't care leads to a city called i wish i knew

Over 4 million Americans claim to have been abducted by aliens too. smile

1. ronhi profile image67

for real? Goodness!

2. profile image51
          paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this
    5. TJenkins602 profile image60
      TJenkins602posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I personally do believe that the world will end some day. The sun will die and likely heat up the planet causing the "seas to boil" and stuff like that.

Maybe by that time we'll have the technology for space travel and find a "new earth."

6. Dave Mathews profile image59
      Dave Mathewsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes I believe that there will be an "End Time" There will be a time when God says enough is enough just as He did at the time of Noah.

That Noah yarn is a doozy.

Make mankind in your image, screw up doing it, then wipe them all out and start again like a kid with play dough. lol

7. Sinbadsailorman profile image60
      Sinbadsailormanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

the old is replaced with the new But the end Day I think you a referring to is Not only a new beginning But the reestablishing of the Old. That which once was and was changed by the fall of those in Heaven and Not the fall of Man. the Devil love to pass the buck and has done so very discretely through religion.

2. melpor profile image90
    melporposted 12 years ago

I do not believe in the end day as described in the Bible but one day the world will end. As Rookery said the world will end sometime in the next 5 billion years or so when the Sun destroys it. I believe by that time mankind would have colonized other planets to continue its existence.

1. TJenkins602 profile image60
      TJenkins602posted 12 years agoin reply to this

There's new earth (s) for you. ;D

Yeah, the end day as the Bible describes it is written in symbols so anyone who believes it will end exactly as the Bible describes it... fair enough.

3. pinkish profile image56
    pinkishposted 12 years ago

Yes I believe that the world will end someday.. Like us, the Earth and Sun gets older too then die..

4. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

The eschatology of all of the religions sounds too bizarre to be believable. Although I enjoy the Hindu ideas on the whole subject the most.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)