Hubber score and earnings:

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (61 posts)
  1. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 12 years ago

Evidently, hubber score has absolutely nothing to do with earnings. Yesterday was my biggest earning day EVER on HP, yet my hubber score is the lowest it's been in quite a while. lol

That's okay - I'll take high earnings over a high score any ole day!

1. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This fact has been known for a very long time.

1. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Gee, sorry!

2. auskie12 profile image60
      auskie12posted 12 years agoin reply to this

how do i start to earn money

1. habee profile image92

I answered your email.

2. Lissie profile image77
    Lissieposted 12 years ago

There's never been a correlation - my lower scoring IDs earn more than my higher ones!

1. habee profile image92

Cool, Lissie!

3. Lady_E profile image63
    Lady_Eposted 12 years ago

I noticed that last year. I used to be over the moon when my Hubscore was 100 but when I checked my Adsense, nothing was there - not even a sausage and I notice when my Adsense is very good, my HubScore is Mid 90s.

I don't bother these days.

Best Wishes Habee. Keep up the good work.
    Will visit your profile to catch up later. smile

1. habee profile image92

Good to hear from you, Lady E!

4. Pcunix profile image92
    Pcunixposted 12 years ago

The only thing I know about my Hub Score is that I don't know much of anything about my Hub Score.

1. habee profile image92

Yeah - same here, PQ.

2. msshandriaball profile image75
      msshandriaballposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I feel the same way.

5. Nell Rose profile image90
    Nell Roseposted 12 years ago

I think I would rather have higher money and lower score, for some reason my earnings a day have taken a dive, hey ho!

1. habee profile image92

Ugh. Sorry to hear that!

6. Nell Rose profile image90

Seems to have happened since Thanksgiving, maybe I should pop across to America and hold a rally saying, 'Please give up Thanksgiving, just for me, as I need you to make me rich what do you reckon, think it will work? lol!

1. Pcunix profile image92
      Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Works for me.  We do it a day late anyway.

7. Nell Rose profile image90

big_smile

8. Bianu profile image61
    Bianuposted 12 years ago

Give me high income ,low score any day. You can't bank the score.

9. fastfreta profile image75
    fastfretaposted 12 years ago

Um, just wondering what an earning day for a hubber of habee's caliber is like??? hmm I know, habee, a lady never tells.wink But I'm going to give it a guess, anyway.  Is it, $$, or $$$, or maybe even $$$$.lol lol

1. habee profile image92

Hi, FF! Lately, I've been having some $$$ days, so I'm very happy!

1. fastfreta profile image75
        fastfretaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've been off the Internet HubPages for a few hours, trying to keep up with the keep up with these winds out here.  Anyway Whew! And to think we started here around the same time. I wish I could keep my candle burning next to you. You're a terrific writer, and you deserve every cent you earn. cool Someone mentioned satisfying quantify for quality, that certainly isn't you.  In reading your hubs, (and I do read them, I just don't always comment ), it's no wonder you get the searches, and impressions you get. smile =

1. habee profile image92

FF, you are too kind. I enjoy reading your hubs, too!

10. Bianu profile image61
    Bianuposted 12 years ago

Its amazing. i wish she would host a webinar. I would be the number one attendee

1. habee profile image92

Bianu, I appreciate your confidence in me, but it's unfounded. Honestly, I know little about promoting my hubs, and I'm no great hand with SEO, either. I attribute it largely to having so many hubs on so many different topics. I just love writing!

1. mary615 profile image81
        mary615posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't know how you do it, girl!  You and a couple of others just crank out a Hub every day.....(and they are always good Hubs).  Sometimes I think people sacrfice quality for quantity, know what I mean????

2. Mark Ewbie profile image81
        Mark Ewbieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Habee, you write well on subjects people are interested in, and you do it consistently. You're a top hubber.

1. habee profile image92

Mark, many thanks! If my hands would be more cooperative, I could write a lot more hubs. I need to have surgery for my CTS. It's really bad. My neurologist said it's the worst case he's ever seen. Oftentimes I have to get my daughter to type for me as I dictate.

Oh, and I love your funny hubs! They always give me a good laugh.

Mark isn't funny.

I think you missed something.  The guy is dead serious.  He's too upset to talk about it openly, but he's sent me email and he has told me that he is crushed by this impression that he's trying to write comedy.

Yes, Mark, I am violating a confidence, but really: I know how upset you are and it's time to set people straight.

1. habee profile image92

Oops, PQ. I am so sorry for thinking that Mark's hubs were SUPPOSED to be funny. I feel so ashamed!

2. Mark Ewbie profile image81

I can't thank you enough PcUnix for that.  Absolutely crushed I have been by the mistaken impression that I was just a second rate jokester without any jokes.
              Fortunately, you have given me the courage to write my latest hub (yes, I'm not spamming just saying) which in some ways I think you might find helpful... wink

I read the hub.  It was timely and helpful.

I hope people will now see that you deserve to be taken seriously!

2. Pcunix profile image92

You are still refusing to be honest about this.

I'll quote from one of your emails (yes, another confidence violated - but for your own good!)

I wouldn't mind if they thought my jokes were weak; it's when they give me the  ROTFLMAO stuff that I am really hurt!

I take that as evidence that you would NOT mind being thought of as second rate, but that it is when they assume you are first rate that it stings the most.

Don't be ashamed, Mark.  Tell them your true feelings, show your real pain!

3. RedElf profile image91
              RedElfposted 12 years agoin reply to this

big_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smile

Oh - 
              Sorry, Mark - I, too, am grateful that PC has set the record straight. It must be so difficult for a second rate comic with no jokes - er, I mean, for someone perceived as a second rate comic with no jokes to survive here when they so desperately desire to be taken seriously - **cough, hack, cough** Ahem!
              Off to read your latest hub, (not that you would ever stoop to trolling for page views).

smile

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
                Patty Inglish, MSposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oooohhh, Kitty gots swords again, SnickerSnak. smile

4. Bianu profile image61
              Bianuposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ok, so I just had to read some of Marks Hubs and they are sensitive, uplifting and humorous.
              Great reads, isn't it amazing that he wasn't even trying to be funny?

3. rmcrayne profile image91
        rmcrayneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is exactly what gives hope and encouragement to so many!!  I'm never going to be a sunforged or Misha, but I think I could be a habee.

1. habee profile image92

Of course, you can!

1. rmcrayne profile image91

Thanks.  You just keep posting girl, because I'm betting hundreds of hubbers are drawing encouragement from you, that they don't have to be a tech genius to earn.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
              Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Are you calling Habee a dummy? lol

I agree, I am very inspired by Habee and I want to be just like her when I grow up.

1. habee profile image92

lol

UW, I AM a tech dummy!! As for growing up, I refuse!

11. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 12 years ago

I feel your pain, Mark.

You are a good person, Habee.

It's time for me to come clean too.  Although most of my hubs were intended to be hilariously funny, I have the opposite problem that Mark has.  People take the things seriously!

I thought that the clown wig was adding too much solemnity, so I ditched that, but unlike Mark, I never get a ROTFLMAO.

I tried, too.  Two of my most recent hubs had "Google" in the title.  How can that not be funny???

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81

Thanks for the wig by the way.  I'm just building up the courage to wear it.

2. habee profile image92

lol

12. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

who really cares about a high hubber score as long as you're making money/ of course you don't want a score so low that you lose all the perks..
    wink

13. JT Walters profile image72
    JT Waltersposted 12 years ago

I t is alright since we are on the subjects of Hubber score.  I followed everyone's advice and continued to publish because everyone said that is how I will make my money and it has caused my score to drop again.  Is there a reason why your score drops when you publish alot?

I feel rather tortured about this.  I have goals set for myself that if I pursue my score will drop.

I know everyone said to ignore my score but it realy gets to me.  And yes, I did pretty well earnings wise but only on HP not on adsense.

Thanks

JT

1. barryrutherford profile image76
      barryrutherfordposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What is your average hubscore located at the bottom of  your account page?

1. JT Walters profile image72
        JT Waltersposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Where at the bottom of my account page. Is there a title?

Thanks,

JT

barry is talking about your hub statistics page:  click "my account", and you should be on "hubs" and "statistics".  At the bottom you'll see the average score for all of your hubs, total comments to all hubs, 1-day average views to all hubs, 1-week average views, etc. 

At this moment, my hubber score is 96, and the average score for my 195 hubs is 85.  About 6 months after I started at HubPage, my hub average was 78, and my hubber score was 92.

Mine is only 65 isn't that really low?  I would be embarrassed by it but i am so prolific and most my recent stuff is scored much higher.  Thanks, JT

As this could probably be perceived as a thread hijack, I apologize.  And I probably should refrain, as I fully expect you to ignore what I’m about to say. 

Yes, I think 65 is very low, especially for the number of hubs you have.  And yes, this is probably why your hubber score is not higher.  I paged thru your titles, and am pretty stunned at the rate you’re turning out hubs.  If you’re making loads of money, then carry on.  If you’re not (and given your preoccupation with scores and accolades), then I would say this…

Stop writing and start reading.  Do this for at least a month.  Write one or two hubs a week if you must. 

Read the HubPages help files, view their videos, tutorials, etc.  Read loads of “How to Hub” hubs, but by reputable hubbers.  Lots of what you read may go over your head, but keep reading, then re-read.  In my bookmarks, sunforged, relache, Mark Knowles, Lissie, and darkside have their own folders.  You could also read any “how to” hubs written by HubPages staff.  Read about traffic, tags, keywords, titles, SEO, etc. 

Search the files for HubPages contests, and read winning hubs.  A high hubscore and hubber score does not always mean the hub is top quality.  You’d definitely be safe reading habee’s hubs as representative of good quality.  See if you can pick up any tips to make your hubs better. 

Then before you start back into mass production of hubs, spend some time making your current hubs better.

I have read the learning center but I guess I can always go back. Given my hub scores have improved wouldn't it be mroe prudent to go back and fix the lowering scoring hubs which bring my average down?  Because my lowering scoring hubs are my first hubs.  I have many over 80.  I have read all the winning contestants and I have read just about everyone you  have listed.

I wouldn't ignore the advance of someone who took the time to page through my titles.  I will consider it carefully.  And I do intend on stopping hubbing for a while. I have been working very hard at this for six months of my life.

Accolades mean less to me but the hubscore is what I am most concerned with. But ou have told me not to worry about it.  So I will equally wiegh both of your advices.  I think my score is low also because i haven't backlinck, posted one of my links in the forums for people to read beyond the contest and I don't SEO either.

At the beginning I didn't know to type in word and then cut and paste.  I do that now.

I have no idea what a thred hjack is but I apprecate all the advice given to me.

Thank you.

JT

I totally disagree.  I did some backlinking a year or so ago, but haven't bothered since.  About all I do is use the keyword tool to make sure I'm not writing on something no one is going to search for.  I think habee would tell you something similar. 

I stand by everything I said before, and suggest you try to set aside your pre-conceived notions and read again.

Check out Paul E's thread: 

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/88292

2. habee profile image92

Wow, Rosemary -  I'm truly touched! JT, I suggest you also read the hubs of rmcrayne! Seriously, she "puts herself" in her writing. She has a writing "voice." It's not just a dry regurgitation of information.

Holle what an incredibly nice thing to say.  Can't think of anyone I'd rather be in a "mutual admiration society" with.  wink

2. barryrutherford profile image76
          barryrutherfordposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Also you might like to read my hub 'How I tripled my hubpage earnings in 2010'

2. rmcrayne profile image91

If like me, you compose your hubs offline, such as with MS Word, then copy/paste into HP capsules, your score for the hub will start out at about 50, which brings your average for all of your hubs down.  It takes a few days for each hub score to climb up.  Clearly your overall hub score average impacts your hubber score, as many, many hubbers report this correlation. 

Tortured?  Seriously?!  Hopefully you will grow, and reach the point that most veteran hubbers are at, where you will rarely even notice these scores.  If you’re tortured, you could copy/paste as you go, and save hubs unpublished, and not publish until your score was ~75 I suppose.  hmm

I’d say a significant majority of us are earning predominantly with HP Ads.

Yeah  I cut and paste through word.  And I publish frequently which keeps driving my scores down.  I will probably have to get that mind set over the hubber score.

I thought when I started they said they majority of your income comes through adsense?  Thank you.

JT

For most of us, this has not been the case since 23 Feb 2011.

I guess I missed the boat on that one.

14. barryrutherford profile image76
    barryrutherfordposted 12 years ago

re: question about average Hubscore

thanks rmcrayne  for answering this I had to go out.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)