Top ten movies that are GUILTY PLEASURES!

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (41 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 12 years ago

Okay, I'm sure everyone here has seen their fair share of bad movies.  However, what BAD movies have you seen, that you KNOW are bad, but you still love them anyway for some unknown reason.  Name your top ten if you can. If not, just name whatever movies that pop into your head that you know are bad movies, but you enjoy them anyway; hence the term GUILTY PLEASURES!  big_smile

1. FatFreddysCat profile image93
      FatFreddysCatposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park

Any entry in the "Children of the Corn" series

The Lawnmower Man

2. Fullerman5000 profile image56
      Fullerman5000posted 12 years agoin reply to this

TMNT, Cloak and Dager, Wrong Turn, Old Jason Movies, Virtuosity, Coyotte Ugly, Mindhunters, Death to Smoochy, Masters Of The Universe, Dick Tracy

1. Fullerman5000 profile image56
        Fullerman5000posted 12 years agoin reply to this

id also like to add the Sandlot.

3. Cogerson profile image79
      Cogersonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

A Life Less Ordinary  with Cameron Diaz
      Fandango with Kevin Costner and Judd Nelson
      Miracle Mile with Anthony Edwards
      Liquid Skies
      Lucky Number Slevin with Bruce Willis

2. Midasfx profile image67
    Midasfxposted 12 years ago

UnderWorld 1+2 w/ Kate Beckinsale
    Van Helsing   w/ Kate Beckinsale
    Uncovered w/ Kate Beckinsale
    White Out w/ Kate Beckinsale
    Snow Angels...w/ Kate Beckinsale

Nothing But the Truth, Broke Down Palace, Haunted, and Fragments. All of which, star Kate Beckinsale ^_^

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow, you must be her number one fan.  Not that I blame you, as she is a very talented actress, and quite stunning as well. smile

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You mean her?

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5838765_f248.jpg

1. profile image0

lol  Yep, that's the one.  By the way, she'd be my number one choice to be Wonder Woman too if they were casting for that movie.  lol

I would love to see her in that outfit. She would be absolutely stunning! smile big_smile

1. profile image0

I know. That's part of the reason why I would love to see her play the part. wink big_smile

Hey Steven,

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5838948_f248.jpg

1. profile image0

Wow, very nice pic.  Thanks for sharing it with us. big_smile

No problem. Just typed in Google search her name and wonder woman, and found it. lol smile

3. profile image0

Okay, here's my list of guilty pleasures in no definitive order mind you:

TMNT
    The Room
    Big Daddy
    Happy Gilmore
    Role Models
    The Waterboy
    Joe Dirt
    Big Stan
    Deuce Bigalow
    The Longest Yard (remake)
    Any Dragonball or Dragonball Z movie (except the live action ones)
    Powerpuff Girls The Movie
    Batman:  The Movie (Adam West version)
    The Wedding Singer
    Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
    Clerks II
    Underworld 1 & 2
    Jurassic Park III
    Batman Forever
    Heavy Metal
    Heavy Metal 2000
    Howard the Duck
    Space Jam
    The Expendables
    Transformers:  The Movie (animated one, and none those crappy Bay movies. Eh)
    G.I. Joe:  The Movie (Again, not that p**s poor live action adaptation, but the animated one)
    Mortal Kombat
    Commando
    Rocky IV
    Tommy Boy
    The Rock
    Armageddon
    Bad Boys 1 & 2
    Charlie's Angels
    The Man Who Knew Too Little (with Billy Murray)
    The Austin Powers Trilogy

Anyway, that's all I can think of for now, but I'll list more if I can come up with any.  tongue

1. FatFreddysCat profile image93
      FatFreddysCatposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Howard the Duck is an awesomely bad film. I actually paid to see it in a theatre in 1986. Judging from its famously meager box office take I must be one of only a few dozen people who can make that claim. big_smile

1. profile image0

That's cool.  You're very lucky then. I think I didn't see Howard the Duck until I was like 10 or 9 years old, and that like a few years after it's release.  Although, I do like the movie, but even I can't ignore how bad it is as a film.  However, it's still very entertaining if you ask me.  Besides, what other movie is going to show you animorphic duck fighting some weird scorpion like alien entity that possesses god-like powers; while hooking up with a cute rock girl. lollol

2. RANDOMTHTS4ALL profile image61
        RANDOMTHTS4ALLposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am part of those few dozen that can make that claim. I thought it was a cute movie!

2. Nickalooch profile image59
      Nickaloochposted 12 years agoin reply to this

i agree with like all of yours Stevennix lol. if your as big of a fan of DBZ as i think you are, you should check out TeamFourStar Dragon Ball Z Abridged series on Youtube. its one big parity and absolutely hysterical. i quote it like everyday...and sadly many people don't get the jokes lol

1. profile image0

Oh okay.  I'll definitely be sure to check it out then Nickalooch.  Thanks for the heads up. I think I've seen the abridged episodes of Dragonball GT before, but I don't think I've seen them for the other series.  However, I'll definitely be sure to check it out.  Thanks buddy. smile

3. emichael profile image60
      emichaelposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What?! Tommy Boy, Big Daddy, and The Wedding Singer are great movies. Nothing guilty about them.

But the rest of those....maybe wink

4. Cagsil profile image70

Okay, I'll agree to about half of your list. lol

1. profile image0

Okay.  That's good to know. lol

4. profile image0

Oh yea, I forgot to list "Elf", "Down to Earth", and both the original and remake of "Bedazzled."  My bad. smile

5. profile image0

Anyone else got any movies to add? big_smile

6. melbel profile image93
    melbelposted 12 years ago

Hmmm guilty pleasures...

Clueless
    The Prince & Me
    Letters to Juliet
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Ghost World
    The Pest
    The Matchmaker (1997)

All absolutely terrible movies that I love to bits!

1. SilkThimble profile image75
      SilkThimbleposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I love Clueless and The Prince & Me!  Definitely guilty pleasures.

7. profile image0

Oh yeah. I almost forgot.  "Cowboys and Aliens!" smile

8. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 12 years ago

all the rocky movies, gumpy old men 1 and 2, i'll list more later.

9. stclairjack profile image77
    stclairjackposted 12 years ago

a few come to mind that qualify as "BAD",... those little flicks that didnt find thier audience as they say,.... but i will stop in my tracks EVERY time i find them while chanel surfing,...

a person just loves some of them,... i guess because some one has to,...

i will scream down the length of my house anuncing that "i'm popping popcorn, theres a horible great movie on",.... and its game on

tremors,... kevin bacon,... yea,... so cheesey is smelled like it,... but sooooo much fun.

harley davidson and the marlboro man,.... don johnson, mickey roark,.... just horible,... but i'll watch it every time

maximum overdrive,.... a young emilio estevez,... horibly done, horibly acted movie,... there arent enough derogatory terms to convey how terible this movie was,... but i'm hooked,... and the sound track didnt hurt

hudson hawk.... bruce willis,.... laughing my ass off all the way,... popcorn flying outa my mouth,.... listening to her scream/sing "i've ot the power"

you know i'm gona have to go home and watch these now,.... yes,... i have them on DVD,.. i'm bad.

10. emichael profile image60
    emichaelposted 12 years ago

Guilty pleasures...let's see...

All of the Harry Potter movies (most of them are poorly acted and directed, but I still like them)
    Contact
    The Rocker
    Miss Congeniality
    George of the Jungle
    Galaxy Quest
    Labyrinth
    Plant of the Apes

That's all I can think of for now smile

11. optimus grimlock profile image60

tommy boy,black sheep,sandlot, leathal weapon 2-4,young guns 2,tombstone,night at the roxbary,gi joe and transformers cartoon movies,naked gun movies,usual suspects

12. Alecia Murphy profile image70
    Alecia Murphyposted 12 years ago

I love rom-coms on Lifetime, some of them are sweet so I don't care what anyone thinks.

In terms of actual big screen movies I guess this is a tentative list

Good Burger
    A Night at the Roxbury
    The Wedding Planner
    Maid in Manhattan
    Stepmom

That's all I can think of for now, but that's embarrassing enough

13. profile image0
    Phoebe Pikeposted 12 years ago

I love some "bad" movies, but they can't really be bad if they entertain and make a person happy... right? ^_^

Clueless (A rich girl who is stuck up, nothing new there.)
    Matilda (It was a great movie until she got her powers, then she got a bit lazy with her ideas and it wasn't as funny as the beginning like when she glued her father's hat to his head.)
    Casper (Enough said)
    Series of Unfortunate Events (Vaguely like the books, which was a huge disappointment)
    Benchwarmers (Comical insults funny to an extent but a bit creepy after a while)
    Good Burger (I could watch this movie everyday...)
    George of the Jungle
    Lady killers
    Great Gatsby (an awesome story but poorly acted out)
    Tommy Boy (Awesome to watch, but it really was a horrible story but it was done so well that I couldn't help but enjoy it. If any other actors had done it, it would have been a massive flop.)

1. emichael profile image60
      emichaelposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes! I thought I'd be the only one to put George of the Jungle smile

Casper is another one of mine I forgot to put.

14. vmartinezwilson profile image79
    vmartinezwilsonposted 12 years ago

My movie guilty pleasure is without question Death to Smoochy.  I don't go for comedies often, but that one makes me laugh and laugh and laugh.  I'm smiling right now thinking about that movie. big_smile

15. Thorn058 profile image69
    Thorn058posted 12 years ago

My number one has got to be the 13th Warrior, just something about the score that gets me everytime. THe rest in no particular order.

Love Actually
    Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
    The Prophecy
    Ferris Bueller's Day Off
    Waiting
    Kingdom of Heaven
    Juno
    Any Jerry Lewis movie ever made
    Magnificent Seven
    Tombstone
    History of the World
    Spaced Invaders
    The Muppet Movie
    Man from Snowy River
    Quigley Down under
    The 3 men and a Baby movies

1. vmartinezwilson profile image79
      vmartinezwilsonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The 13th Warrior isn't a guilty pleasure, it's just a great movie.  My suggestion is to tell everyone you know about it, because they'll enjoy this little known film as well.

16. optimus grimlock profile image60

the great outdoors. 13th warrior is awesome if you like that youd like brotherhood of the wolf!

17. profile image0

Oh yeah, I forgot two more.  "Barry Gordy's the Last Dragon" and "Way of the Dragon."  I can't believe i forgot those. big_smile  lol

18. DIYweddingplanner profile image76
    DIYweddingplannerposted 12 years ago

OK, I guess these prove what a true dork I really am:

Young Frankenstein
    Robin Hood: Men In Tights
    Pretty Woman (Anything with Richard Gere!)
    Four Weddings And A Funeral (Well, anything with Hugh Gtant, actually!)
    Miss Congeniality
    Animal House
    Pretty In Pink

AND:

It's A Wonderful Life ('tis the season, you know!)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)