paypal holding funds

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (33 posts)
  1. DonnaCSmith profile image84
    DonnaCSmithposted 12 years ago

I know I saw this discussed earlier, but I cannot find it.

I got the notice that my funds will be held 21 days. I am verified. The only reason  I can figure is I am not a regular Ebay seller or buyer. I never have a lot of money in my account, usually transfer it to my bank. So, have any of you had your funds held?

I haven't yet, just got the notice today. But that sure sucks with Christmas coming:o( I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact I have finally gotten to the point of getting a monthly payout from Hub-ads?

1. galleryofgrace profile image71
      galleryofgraceposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Paypal cannot hold your hub ads money as it is a service already provided. They do hold money on small ebay sellers and other sellers, which is extremely unfair.

2. skear profile image92
    skearposted 12 years ago

I've had funds held by Paypal for arbitrary reasons several times in the past.  I'm sure something in their fine print gives them the right to do so.

Having money held up in limbo is one of the reasons I try to avoid Paypal whenever possible, mostly because I just don't trust them.  I try to pull money out to a real bank account as soon as I can.

I'm sure they have their reasons for doing so but I find it to be very annoying.  I can understand placing a hold on a deposit but taking control of funds for 3 weeks seems ridiculous!

3. DonnaCSmith profile image84

I wish we had another option for receiving our Hub payments. It sounds like maybe Paypal is having their own money problems.

4. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 12 years ago

Remember, eBay owns PayPal.  They are not having money troubles, but they think something about the sale may be problematic.

Here is wording taken directly from eBay,

Also, for a small number of these transactions paid with PayPal, when eBay suspects the transaction may result in a dissatisfied customer, PayPal will delay release of the payment funds to the seller until the buyer has left a positive feedback or 21 days have passed without a dispute.

If you want to not have eBay hold funds, you're going to have to figure out why they feel there is a high chance of the customer being dissatisfied and are taking these measures.

5. DonnaCSmith profile image84

There is no Ebay. The only funds I've had come into my Paypal acct. Is payments from Hubpages. I haven't sold anything on Ebay probably in over a year. Have purchased a few items using my Paypal acct. *sigh* I have had not negative issues ever with Ebay.

1. Will Apse profile image87
      Will Apseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have a feeling Paypal issues will multiply as time passes.

I would rather be paid by Pony Express over the Andes.

Or alternatively, national mail services.

6. DonnaCSmith profile image84

I would like direct deposit same as Google ads payments.

7. gabgirl12 profile image60
    gabgirl12posted 12 years ago

Was this the first time you hit your threshold with Hubpages?

8. barryrutherford profile image75
    barryrutherfordposted 12 years ago

I have had a Paypal account for four years.  I have had no issues.  In fact I have transfered money from Paypal to my bank account.  Even though Paypal says it can take three to five working days i using see it in my account the following day

9. DonnaCSmith profile image84

No, not the first time, the 4th. I've had my pp acct for years, too. Have transferred to and from my bank acct. This is saying 21 days.

I think it might be an issue with the Ebay affiliate acct we now have. I thought someone else had talked about it in another thread, but cannot find it. I wonder if it is because I've transferred most of my Hub-ad money to my bank right away. maybe they want it to stay in their coffers a bit longer.

1. barryrutherford profile image75
      barryrutherfordposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think you should keep money in the account at all times. otherwise you may breach the terms & conditions & possible overdraw it. Hense a watch may be placed on your account and be causing this difficulty.

1. skyfire profile image81
        skyfireposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Eh ? Where in TOS it is mentioned that we should keep money in paypal all the times ?

Just like any bank account which it is even if you keep a few cents in there etc.  I am just trying to think of a reason why Paypal would suspend payment for any reason

Paypal is not a bank but they do monitor accounts based on amount of transactions.

Diaspora foundation (non-profit) recently got their account locked. If they can do this type of thing to open projects, we're just small bugs in the food chain.

http://blog.diasporafoundation.org/2011 … spora.html

Have you taken that up with Paypal? What was their response?

They lifted the limit after some time. Real reason of 'blocking' is not public yet but as per one of the diaspora members post, they're monitoring accounts with larger amount.

10. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 12 years ago

Get the Free premiium pay pal account. The regular account is a pain.

11. LindaSmith1 profile image60

I switiched to the premium account and don't have any holds, no minimum balance, no fees, no problems.

12. DonnaCSmith profile image84

OK, I'll go see if I don't have it already. Thanks

13. skyfire profile image81
    skyfireposted 12 years ago

I don't get it why people assume that just because they're having no issues with paypal means it's okay. "It works for me jack". *sigh* Most of us do face problems like this with paypal without anything from our side.

Look OP's got problem and you're not in her shoes. Wait until you get your fair share of paypal whip. hmm

14. LindaSmith1 profile image60

I had nothing but problems with Pay Pal UNTIL i switched to the premium account which is free.  IN fact, customer service made switch for me. 

I had to wait for access to money, which I do not do now with premium.  I had to pay fees, which I pay nothing now.  I started premium account a year ago, and not one problem.

The reason I switched was because of the issues, and not wanting to wait for my money, for the holds to be lifted.  Another user recommended the change to premium.  I did it and am glad I no longer have to deal with the issues some of you are.

15. DonnaCSmith profile image84

I cannot find anything on Paypal about a premium acct. I have a business account, and I am not even sure why that is. I do leave a balance, usually about $20.

They also have an outdated address in my profile which I tried to delete and it would not let me. Same with my phone number (I have moved since I first opened my acct.) I am verified.

I think there is a problem when they can hold money, that in the notes says is my money, for three weeks. They have not done it yet, I just got the notice. So, I may be worrying for nothing. Thanks for all the input guys!

16. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Donna: I have a premium account.  I just checked it.  I have made changes to my profile.  The best thing to do is to open your account, and then click on Contact us, and let that page come up.  Scroll down to number 2 and click on Call us.  To the right of the same screen a box will come up with phone number and a code for you to use.  Doing it this way gets speedier contact with customer service.

17. LindaSmith1 profile image60

OOPPs It is not premium it is a Premier Account.

18. Reality Bytes profile image73
    Reality Bytesposted 12 years ago

Is there any way to have a paypal acount without having a bank account?

I know I am somewhat off topic but I have not joined HP ads program because of my concerns with paypal.

Will they send checks or does the money have to be transferred to a bank account?

sry to go off topic sad

Fairly certain they need a bank account this way they satisfy identification requirement etc which you have already done with your bank

1. Reality Bytes profile image73
        Reality Bytesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That is the problem, I cannot hold a bank account.

Long story......Freeman on the Land,

Thanks for the response smile

maybe you could write a hub on it  i am sure it would be interesting and informative reading

1. Reality Bytes profile image73
            Reality Bytesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The hubs have already been written.

19. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Barry: Yes, a bank account is a must.

20. weezyschannel profile image88
    weezyschannelposted 12 years ago

Paypal is great for sending payments, but as far as getting paid from an ebayer, It's a scary game they play. all someone has to do is say it's the wrong color, and your funds are frozen and your paypal account is negative until you bring it current by pulling funds from your bank account to them.  I've had great success with Paypal, but have also had my share of headaches.

21. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Dealing with Ebay byers is a nightmare.  They pay, get the product, then file a complaint.  Simple trying to get something for nothing.  I don't do Ebay anymore for any reason.  Then Ebay comes up with bogus charges.  Forget that.  Yep, Ebay will hold up money.  They do not release funds til customer gets product, you prove they got it, and I think you still have to wait before you get money.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)