Which country is the most peace and safe country in the world and why?

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (35 posts)
  1. breathing profile image49
    breathingposted 12 years ago

I think your answer will be a country of Europe or America.

1. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There happens to be NOT ONE peaceful or safe Country anywhere in the World, simply because none of them are actually civilized.

2. authorfriendly profile image64
      authorfriendlyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

USA has the highest per capita gun rate.  so some would say safer I-would say not. It may be safer than Somalia
      ...fewer pirates
      ..though

1. Greek One profile image63
        Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I beg to differ...

http://www.my1956topps.com/images/56topps-121.jpg

2. profile image0
    Sherlock221bposted 12 years ago

Well until a few days ago, I would have said Norway, because the people are so laid-back and liberal.  I would also say New Zealand, which has very low crime rates.

3. lilian_sg profile image65
    lilian_sgposted 12 years ago

I would say Singapore where I am living now. It's safe enough that I can go home in the early morning without any fear. Very low crime rate too.

4. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 12 years ago

North Pole may be. Oh,no, I forgot about polar bears... big_smile

5. Gillme profile image59
    Gillmeposted 12 years ago

I disagree with ya all! smile I think it's Switzerland or Netherland or something. Neither do they have army, nor any enimies, OR at war!!! Or Greenland! Accept for Polar bears there is no danger and there are always watchman.

1. Gordon Hamilton profile image92
      Gordon Hamiltonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Gillme - you may be right with Switzerland but I think the Dutch army may have something to say to you! smile The Dutch Marines (known affectionately as Cloggies) are also one of the very top Special Forces units in NATO...

1. Gillme profile image59
        Gillmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Whoops! Well cross that part out! LOL:)

6. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

The Vatican...

no one messes with the Swiss guard.. NO ONE

1. Gillme profile image59
      Gillmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

y? america and korea can! Koreans take people in their army when boys r 13! and have so much training...that...Oh God!

7. kerlynb profile image89
    kerlynbposted 12 years ago

Argh, tough question.

In Asia though, the country with the lowest crime rate and highest level of safety is JAPAN.

8. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

I wouldn't say the U.S. and I live here. But I would say Italy or Switzerland. Those countries don't put up with anything and I have to agree with kerylnb nor does Japan. Zero tolerance as for the U.S. all through our Country crime rates are through the roof in many of our major metropolitan cities.

9. maggi81 profile image60
    maggi81posted 12 years ago

Hahahaha.. there is Luxembourg.. I know i know not many people know about it.. but hey, when was the last time Luxembourg was in the news for a major disaster?? Mayber perhaps for just a few financial scams.. but that's about it!

10. stephaniedas profile image71
    stephaniedasposted 12 years ago

There are already some good answers posted here, I would agree about Luxembourg, New Zealand, japan, and Norway. I haven't checked the stats, but my frist answer would be Finland. The only thing you have to worry about there is getting depressed during the dark winter.

11. Sue Adams profile image95
    Sue Adamsposted 12 years ago

The U.S. is vast and varied against Luxembourg.

Europe is OK.

I live in Spain in the campo. I leave my car door and house unlocked. No people, no crime. The most peaceful place I've ever lived in.

12. Gail Anthony profile image61
    Gail Anthonyposted 12 years ago

I'd like to live in Belize which is peaceful, extremely safe and English is the spoken language. The country does not have a party culture. The nation's poor are concentrated in many small groups and the result is minimal problems caused by poverty. Few vehicles keeps a large percentage of the population close to home.

1. profile image27
      articlesolacabsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think Sweden or Mauritius is most peaceful country.

13. profile image51
    tsisulposted 12 years ago

Based on my experience, I'd say New Zealand.

14. freecampingaussie profile image61
    freecampingaussieposted 12 years ago

New Zealand + Australia . good to be in a country surrounded by ocean not other countries so you dont feel trapped in as well.

15. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years ago

Canada...

16. Borsia profile image39
    Borsiaposted 12 years ago

I would put China pretty far up the list.
    Other than petty crime like pickpocketing there is very little crime in China.
    I traveled in some pretty high poverty places and never had, or met anyone else who had, any problems.
    In Cities like Chengdu you can wander around at night and flag a taxi at 3am without thinking about it.

Safer than a lot of America these days.

As to why it is because Chinese laws are very strict and punishment very harsh for criminals, especially if they prey on foreigners.
    In China they have a saying, everything has eyes. It isn't like the old USSR where everyone is afraid it just means that anything done is seen by someone.

Society wise the Chinese are very relaxed and very friendly.

1. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

yeah... just dont get run over in an alley and expect help

17. vintageglamour profile image60
    vintageglamourposted 12 years ago

I would say Canada

what about Bavaria though?? anyone have any experiences there?

18. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago

I can't see any credible organization which collects data for all crimes, murder rates, homicide rates, drugs etc. So it is difficult to rank countries.

For socio economic indicators, well being, quality of life, the United Nation (UN) devised an indicator, HUMAN DEVELOPMENT INDEX. The indicators are literacy rate, expectancy to live up to old age, economic well being etc..

The top 10 in 2011

Norway
    Australia
    Netherlands
    United States
    New Zealand
    Canada
    Ireland
    Liechstentein
    Germany
    Sweden

Look here for the complete ranking

http://hdr.undp.org/en/reports/global/hdr2011/download/

Download the summary see p. 17

19. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 12 years ago

Iceland, end of thread.

20. jcales profile image54
    jcalesposted 12 years ago

From that top 10 list, unfortunately I read some of the most horrific & gory crimes occuring. A country that is safest is the one with the lowest population. Less murders/crimes per capita.

21. ALUR profile image60
    ALURposted 12 years ago

Tread carefully where ever you are lead. It's not fair to assume ONE place is more safe than another though I understand there is more danger during these waring days in the Middle East. But I have seen crime happen in the "safest" of places.

Should you travel heed caution and don't look like a tourist. I think that helps you mesh in with society.
    Also, keep cash at a min and always be courteous to the citizens.

Hopefully I want to go to Peru soon so I'll let you know how safe I was. LOL

22. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

Even the Antarctic is getting dangerous... what with all the penguin gangs and all

http://images2.layoutsparks.com/1/223876/evil-penguin-gun-page.jpg

1. Borsia profile image39
      Borsiaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Let's not forget the violence perpetrated by the Amish Resistance fighters.

23. zenras profile image61
    zenrasposted 12 years ago

seems a logical response... IMHO  smile

24. onlinetravelguide profile image61
    onlinetravelguideposted 12 years ago

New Zealand has the lowest corruption rate and one of the lowest violent crime rates in the world. I'd pick that.

25. profile image0
    gkanekoaposted 12 years ago

Japan.

Most peaceful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNdPPEwg … re=related Watch that youtube video and tell me you did not laugh.

Safest: yes. I was in Tokyo Disney Sea when that big earthquake hit. Stuck in Aladdin's palace for about 30 hours or so. I felt more safe than my parents who were calling me from Hawaii.

26. chuckbl profile image69
    chuckblposted 12 years ago

I would say definitely Switzerland. Having lived out there for a short amount of time, I can see how it is unbelievably safe.

Not to mention that at any time, any day, the Swiss can summon and army of one million people to any point in Switzerland - now that is cool! Although they tend to remain neutral so I'm not sure that is going to happen any time soon!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)