HubScore of 1

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (36 posts)
  1. mary615 profile image83
    mary615posted 12 years ago

Just checked a profile:  Hubber here for 13 months, written 100 Hubs, and her Hubscor is 1????  Can anyone explain that???

2. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 12 years ago

Unusual talent.

3. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

They probably followed to excess.

mary615posted 12 years agoin reply to this

what do you mean?  Is there a limit on followers? Is there  limit of people you want to follow??  I don't get it...

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No to both questions.  Following a large number of hubbers in a short time, however, is frowned on and will very often result in a large decrease in hubber score.

Reasonable, as HP is not a social site where the purpose is simply to get followers.

Ok.  I'd say that 's a pretty large decrease, wouldn't you?  Don't know what it was before.  First time I've seen a score anywhere near that low.

1. wilderness profile image96
            wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh I don't know.  One of my 11 referrals is a one and two more are at 11.

I appears that II attract only the best!

4. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

Excessively following does lower your hubscore, but I doubt if it would get as low as 1. That is reserved for people who copy/paste their info from other sites, or who write really bad hubs.

That makes more sense to me.  I only read one of her Hubs, but I thought it very informational, although "over my uneducated" head.

5. Cardisa profile image88
    Cardisaposted 12 years ago

Spamming by posting your hub links in the comments on other hubbers hub will lower your hubscore significantly.

If the link is related then it's okay but if every comment you make you promote your hubs that way, the system will mark you as a spammmer and lower your score.

Repeated violations will also lower your score significantly too.

6. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

I must have made a lot of unwitting violations recently to reach my current score of 94 (it's climbed since I last looked).

I'm not bothered about hubscore so long as it is above 75.

A fellow plunger I know still manages to make double the money I make now with a score that usually doesn't rise above 89.

Concentrate on the MONEY, it's way more important than score.

1. Cardisa profile image88
      Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

IzzyM, I used ti obsess about my score and then I got some good advice. As soon as I stopped wasting my energy on the score it jumped to 97. Now it fluctuates between 94-97.

I say forget the score so long as it's over 75.

I had a hubber who followed me. When I came to HP his score was 80+, his score is now one. It started plunging when he started posting his hubs links in all the comments capsules of other hubbers.

I don't understand why anyone would post links to their Hubs in the comments (clearly says that is not allowed), right??

1. IzzyM profile image87
          IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've no idea whether or not it allowed, but it is not good form.

The thing we all need to realise about the comments section, is that Google reads it.

The best comment you can make on someone's hub, is one that uses their main keyword.

The hub is about 'making Money' for example. You comment using those words, or synonyms of those words. This helps the hub gain valuable traffic.

Simply writing 'good hub' and then adding a link to your own unrelated hub, is detrimental in Google's eyes.

It also adds to the risk of your hub being unpublished by hubstaff for having unrelated links.

Writing 'good hub' is pointless.

Writing 'good hub' and adding a link of your own on a similar topic is a page leak to the author.

He may not be concerned about that, in which case it is OK.

As you as hub author cannot edit that comment, it is disconcerting when someone writes a good comment, then adds a link.

You want to keep the comment and get rid of the link, and you can't.

It is better to delete the comment with link, than to keep it there.

It is even better if hubbers do not post said links in their comments in the first place.

That is news to me: about Google reading the comment!  I never thought of using a key word in my comments.  Will certainly do that.

1. Dorsi profile image89
              Dorsiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes if you look at the cached copy of your hub on Google you will see that keywords are also highlighted in the comments - and also the products you have in your capsules.

I admit I don't check my Hubs on Google very often.    I need to do that.  Thanks for letting me know about that.  I still have SO much to learn.

2. IzzyM profile image87

I hate hubbers posting links in my hubs, even if those links are not to their own hubs.
        When I add a link to my own comments section, it is for a reason.
        But it is my choice to make.

I disallow comments with links, simple as. Each link on my hub has to be approved by me, and it has to relate in some way, and add some value to the hub.
        I would never be so presumptuous as to post a link to one of my hubs in someone else's comments section.

Those who do deserve a minus 1 hubberscore.

Can you imagine a hubber doing it on every hub he reads? I am sure that's why his score dropped so low. A lot of people stopped following him because of it.

I don't allow links in my hub comments unless they are related directly to the conversation or the contents of the hub.

7. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 12 years ago

Mary, I think you and I both discovered the same hubber with the score of 1!

1. Pcunix profile image89
      Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think I just found her also..

It has to be duped content.  Probably spread all over the internet and actually tough to rewrite to be unique..

1. habee profile image93
        habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Methinks, Sir P, that you are correct.

8. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 12 years ago

I don't like putting a link to my stuff in other people's comments. 

There are times when it may be appropriate, but even then I'll just give the title or enough information that they can find it if they want to.  And even that is rare.

Like others, I'll almost always delete any links left on my comments.  If someone does mention something really useful, I'll put the link in my reply comment.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
      Mark Ewbieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't accept links in my comments.  Well, maybe once or twice.  I don;t really want people going off to read someone else's work.  I'd rather they stayed on my page - either following my own links and groups, or using an advert to exit.

1. skyfire profile image79
        skyfireposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Mark is learning marketing big_smile

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
          Mark Ewbieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Lol.  It's only taken 200 pages and a year.

9. rochelj profile image58
    rocheljposted 12 years ago

I didn't know that people do that. What is the point in allowing it, and then lowering the score.

I am glad that I have never left a link in a comment on a hub, and no one has ever left a link in a comment on my hub.

10. Bianu profile image61
    Bianuposted 12 years ago

This is interesting. I especially like the hint about using the keyword in the comments.

My hubscore has never risen above 90, and is currently 76. I do not follow excessively and have never linked in comments?

Why the drop.

I don't know.

I looked at two of your hubs.  One made me think English is not your first language, but the other was much better.

Put one of your worst (lowest scoring) in Extreme Hub Makeover and see what advice you get.

2. IzzyM profile image87

Another thing that can lower your hubscore is following hubbers with low hubscores. Even if you don't follow excessively, if the majority of hubbers you follow have low scores, it adversely affects your score.

1. rochelj profile image58
        rocheljposted 12 years agoin reply to this

how do you know this? thanks for posting. it's good to know!

11. Moonmaiden profile image69
    Moonmaidenposted 12 years ago

I never knew that following others lowered or helped your score in any way.

Excessive following or following people with excessively low scores, except for following newbies.

I make it a habit not to follow someone new unless they are writing exceptionally good hubs.

I also don't follow you if you haven't published anything in a while.

Well, that last bit is hard.  I hate to give up on someone  I enjoy.  If their score has remained decent, I'll stick with them, hoping they will come back.

After 6 months of no activity, not even to reply to your own comments?

Well.. maybe after a year..

I take your point, it's just that there are people I would hate to give up on.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)