I feel like an idiot, but need help with viewing Adsense.

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (25 posts)
  1. tlpoague profile image80
    tlpoagueposted 12 years ago

I haven't viewed my adsense from Google in awhile, so when I tried to log on today to change a bank account I noticed I couldn't view adsense in classic view anymore. Previously I had the problem where I couldn't view it in the new version. Is anyone else having this problem? If so, how do I fix it? I tried clearing my browser and making sure I didn't have any adblocks on like the Google forum posted. I still can't access it. I also noticed that the Analytics keeps making my old HubPage address the default when I have changed it to the new subdomain name. I have spent the last couple of hours trying to figure this out with no results. If someone could help me that would be great, because it makes it complicated to try and explain this to my mother who also is trying to set up her adsense. Thanks!

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
    mistyhorizon2003posted 12 years ago

You can't use the old Adsense interface any more. The new one is compulsory now. I changed some time back when it was optional, but at the time it was a 'link' I could click on at the top right of the page. Not sure how you change now, but I am sure the help section can answer this if it isn't obvious on the page you are viewing.

I don't think you need to worry about the old Hubpage address being an issue, as Hubpages have an automatic redirect in place for all your hubs so that the viewer gets redirected to the same hub on your subdomain instead. No changes should be necessary at your end.

3. tlpoague profile image80

Thanks Misty, I remember seeing a post about not being able to use the old interface, but now the question is how does one get in to make changes to their accounts? I have scanned the Google forums for the answer, but haven't found it yet. The post I did find, kept saying to go to the old interface.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
      mistyhorizon2003posted 12 years agoin reply to this

You are the first person I have heard of with a problem. As far as I can tell from friends of mine, all they did was carry on using their same account until it switched over when they no longer had a choice any more. Not sure exactly why yours hasn't done the same!

Go to this page and log in as you used to, the change should have been made automatically:

https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogi … p;hl=en_US

4. tlpoague profile image80

Thanks Misty, That helps alot. My mother is still having problems with hers, and I am at a lost how to help her. She signed up for adsense. It claims she was approved, but when she goes to sign in, she can't access the account and it tells her it isn't verified. I have no idea what to do to help her, because I can't see what is going on and I'm not that smart in this area. Do you have an idea what she could do? She has emailed Google, but isn't having much luck.

I can't help you on this one I am afraid. I don't understand why it would say her account isn't verified either. Why don't you email the Hubpages Team and see if they can suggest anything while she waits to see if Google respond.

Edit: Did she get an email confirming her membership to Adsense, because maybe it had a link in it that she needed to click to verify the account. If she didn't click it and just tried to log in to Adsense from the login page it would say her account wasn't verified.

tlpoagueposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Misty, She did get an email and clicked on the link. When it asked her to sign in, it wouldn't accept her name and password. She tried changing the password like it asked, but still hasn't had any luck. I thought it was strange that she was given a ca-pub number code, but can't sign in to verify anything, and shows that it is active from the HP side of things.
        At the moment she is at the hospital with her dad, but will be on here later. I will have her give a more discriptive account of what is going on.

I am totally lost now, sorry, her best bet is probably to wait for the response from Adsense. Good Luck smile

Thanks for the help. I am still trying to help her email the proper people to see if we can get it worked out.

Livelonger (Jason) can probably help you best on this as he is HP staff. Wait and see what his 'testing' comes back with.

LOL, thanks, I didn't realize it was Jason. This seems to be my week of issues and my head isn't were it needs to be.

1. livelonger profile image86
                  livelongerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, the "testing" was because something about your post is interfering with the code on the page. The bottom of the previous page is really strange.

I couldn't reply until you posted something that showed up on the 2nd page.

Sorry, I can't help you with AdSense settings - that's a Google matter. Maybe if you post some screenshots we can try to help you troubleshoot? I haven't noticed any issues accessing AdSense.

Thanks Jason, I just recently found out that I clicked on a malicious email that may have stoled my information. I am now trying to resolve that issue along with the many others I have started my week out with. I was able -with Misty's link- to finally view my adsense and wrote HP and Google about the malicious emails. If my information has been stoled, I have no idea what to do next. Thanks for the help though!

2. livelonger profile image86
          livelongerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Testing

It's me and I'm lost...LOL!

I think he means he is looking into it smile

5. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
    mistyhorizon2003posted 12 years ago

If she didn't get the email with the link in she needed to verify her account she should check her SPAM folder in case it has gone in there by mistake.

6. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

If you go to Google.com, and then go to where you can click to your Ad Sense (and all the other Google stuff - blogger, g.mail, etc.); you'll get to the "first"/"home" Ad Sense page.

In the upper left-hand area of your screen you'll see a place to click on "Account Settings".  You'll then get to where you can "edit" your info.  The payment stuff is at the bottom of the screen, but there's only one place where you can click on "edit" (and that's "Personal Settings").  You'll see what you're looking for once you click "edit" on Personal Settings.  (at least if I have your question and what you're looking for correctly)

I think the problem is that she can't sign in to her account at all, so can't even get as far as editing her account settings. I now suspect the verification link in her Adsense email will solve her problem and she can then get into the account and make and changes in the area you describe.

7. tlpoague profile image80

Thanks Lisa, She can't get into the account at all. It only takes her as far as the sign in, then tells her it is invalid. I have been so busy helping her that I neglected my own until I received some strange emails. I still haven't figured out how to access the information from the emails, and ran into the problem of viewing my own adsense; it would only bring up a blank screen. Thanks to Misty's help, I was able to get it to work.

Here is the emails I received...how do you figure out the link?

The_Electronic-Payments-Association

http://goo.gl/../tnbfv6a8doa.blogsearch.google/../KLRmd

That is how they showed up in my email. The first one is from The Electronics Payments Association and the second is from someone named Murali Kotla. Thanks for the help.

1. galleryofgrace profile image71
      galleryofgraceposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The emails you mention above are called PHISHING emails. They are not legitimate! Do not click on anything in those emails!
      They have probably stolen everything from your computer if you did click on them.

8. tlpoague profile image80

Great, I am screwed. I did click on one link. How do I block the information? Do I need to reload?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)