Diet food

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Durwin profile image55
    Durwinposted 12 years ago

Hey....
      Guys i want to lose my weight so just looking for some best diet food and plan... If anyone of you have any information about it please share with me and suggest to me...
    thanks in advance

1. Hui (蕙) profile image60
      Hui (蕙)posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Losing weight is a painful and long-term project because of the two-way metabolism: synthesis and breakdown. The breakdown process is more important. Some people eat anything and as much as they want, and barely do exercise, but never get weight, because their breakdown job of metabolism is faster, which is controlled by the gene. So, what we can do is, at least I think, to eat less and exersise more to improve the break down. The only one diet food that I know is potato.

1. Cardisa profile image87
        Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Irish potato is high on the glycemic index and is absorbed into the bloodstream really fast, and so instead of being used as fuel (like foods with a slower absorption rate) is stored as sugar. This food is not recommended for someone on a diet.

Sweet potato on the other hand has less simple carbs and more water and fiber. Takes a longer time to be broken down and absorbed so is lower down on the index. This food is recommended.

2. BlissfulWriter profile image71
      BlissfulWriterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Best way to lose weight in terms of food is to avoid sugar and starches and high glycemic carbohydrates.   So avoid sugary drinks, rice, pasta, pizza, and bread.

3. LucyHannah profile image61
      LucyHannahposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There are a lot of things you can do but one of the best things is eating a lot more healthily and cutting your meal portions down by a half:) combined with excersise!

Obviously you need carbs for energy but try and limit them and eat a lot more protein foods as these help you to burn fat when excersising and start to get some shape to your body whilst exercising smile these include things like eggs, lean meat, peanuts, chicken,fish

Also when snacking try and go for things like blueberries, strawberries, cherries, an apple of even a handful of peanuts:)!

Allow yourself a treat a day though or you'll want go start raiding the cupboards! Thongs such as 1 big snack a jack, a Curley wurley or a kit Kat are very low!smile. Be careful of saturated fat your worst enemy!

An ideal meal plan would be something like:

Breakfast: a bowl of cornflakes with a small yoghurt

OR a boiled egg, a slice of toast

LUNCH: cream crackers with cottage cheese and salad, lettuce cucumber tomatoes olives etc.

OR replace with rivitas smile
      OR if you had cornflakes for breakfast you can have tour carbs at lunch, such as a chicken salad sandwich:) and a handful of cherries!

Tea; chicken and rice/brown pasta with steamed vegetables

Beef steak with a couple of new potatoes and a salad smile

Remember to have your treat in there and one other fruit snack too!smile

Ps. Switch White bread and pasta for brown! White is all processed yuk!

Also, don't forget your exercise! Most popular ones are running, but skipping and swimming are brilliant for your whole body!smile half an hour a day should be fine.

Hope this helps:)! I might do a hub later on in the week about this sort of thing so check it out smile

You need some carbs in a

4. Tummy Belly profile image58
      Tummy Bellyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Try eating new food instead of thinking of diet food. Just eat more protein like chicken and steak and you will want to eat it for the rest of your life.

2. Cardisa profile image87
    Cardisaposted 12 years ago

Since I don't know you personally, that is your eating habits, lifestyle and sleeping habits I can only make general suggestions.

A diet plan has to be customized to suit the individual(source? I am a certified nutritionist, former fitness and personal trainer, currently a personal chef for special needs family)

1. Reduce carbs - if your diet mainly consists of simple carbbs like white breads, irish potatoes, white rice and bleacked flour you need to start substituting for more complex carbs. Whole grain breads, brown rice or bulgar wheat, whole wheat flour. Of course you will still need to have small amounts as what your body does not use for fuel it will store as fat.

2. Metabolism - speed it up naturally by eating tiny meals 5 or 6 times per day. Make sure to start the day healthy by not fasting until you are too hungry, this way you do not over eat. Tiny meals can hold on a saucer with enough space left for more.

3. Exercise - you can join a gym or follow a tv program. If you are disciplined enough you can go running, or even skip, do jump jacks. Any form for cardio will do for at least 10 minutes per day. Slowly you will find yourself increasing the routine as you get fitter.

4. Drink lots of water and reduce juice, soda and other beverages that are high in fructose and other sugars.

5. Reduce fats and sugars

6. Your meals should be in this order

1. protien, carbs, (eg. egg sandwich - remove yolk)
       2. fruits - one fruit
       3. protein, carbs, veges (your lunch, eg. chicken 1 spoon rice and lot veges)
       4. dairy - yogurt
       5. protein and veges - leave out the carbs for this one.

meal 6 is optional as this might be late evening, another yogurt or a glass of low fat or soy milk will be fine.

3. profile image0
    fit2dayposted 12 years ago

I think Cardisa's advice is well put I would add that I start off the day with water and a piece of fruit then run, I have also used juicing which helps me have plenty of fruits and vegetables. It really helps to boost the metabolism. I try to drink at least 2 glasses a day along with grilled chicken being my main meat source. I also am a huge fan of eggs in the morning (real ones not that carton mess). Try to avoid processed food as much as possible, especially artificially sweetened foods. My general rule is let water be the only zero calorie thing you have.

1. Cardisa profile image87
      Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree.

2. eatlikenoone profile image60
      eatlikenooneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I agree especially with the artificially sweetened foods. You are better off having a sweet treat on occasion instead of daily artificially sweetened treats.

4. 4tune profile image60
    4tuneposted 12 years ago

Adding more natural things and less processed can really do a lot, colorful vegetables, things you need to cut up, as always cut out the chips and candy put don't totally deprive yourself, Like if I need a chocolate bar I will get something for diets loaded with vitamins and protein, but of course do on occasion allow small portions of a treat.. But always watching and pretty much make sure I REALLY am hungry before eating most times.

Boredom and depression can really get us in a bad habit of snacking for the wrong reasons too often, Pay attention to if its mood or hunger? that's a biggie not to be overlooked.

I have been going through menopause really bad so have bad days, I just don't punish myself to death for slip ups making it even worse. you have to keep hanging in there, and even on my worst days I am still not doing what I was doing on a daily basis for years so even my bad still count.

5. kerlynb profile image90
    kerlynbposted 12 years ago

- Asian diet
    - Japanese diet
    - vegetables, lots of them
    - Shirataki noodles mixed with veggies and seafoods
    - tofu salads
    - green tea
    - miso soups
    - seaweed salads

6. manmade76 profile image40
    manmade76posted 12 years ago

I think avoiding carbohydrate and fat rich food will help a lot.

7. readingwriting profile image61
    readingwritingposted 12 years ago

What helped me was not thinking about avoiding certain foods, and only thinking about adding good foods.  By telling myself I was going to eat a hard boiled egg in the morning and lean protein the middle of the day in addition to my other unhealthy foods, I started eating more of those good filling items and less of the bad.

Try adding filling good proteins and fibrous foods like beans, eggs, lean meats, etc.  Chances are you'll end up too full to eat as much of the junk food.

8. janesix profile image58
    janesixposted 12 years ago

I just started a low carb diet,and already lost a few pounds. I don't know how healthy it is though. But I'm losing wieght.

9. somedress2011 profile image61
    somedress2011posted 12 years ago

Diet food is not a good method to lose weight ,it will Rebound ,you will eat more when you feel hungry ,so adhere to exercise,and don't eat too much,Frequent meals but not much one time .Do not eat greasy or spicy food.hope you succeed .A beautiful and slender lady.

10. DeborahNeyens profile image94
    DeborahNeyensposted 12 years ago

Cardisa's advice is spot on.  The only thing I would add to her great suggestions is to include strength training as well as cardio into your exercise program.  By building muscle, you speed your metabolism.  It doesn't need to be anything fancy, but you should work your upper and lower body at the same time to burn more calories.  For example, buy a set of hand weights and do bicep curls while doing lunges, or squats with a shoulder press.

11. nancyyoung1 profile image59
    nancyyoung1posted 12 years ago

A short term diet or taking pills may cause weight loss but the weight comes back once you stop it. the best option to have green tea daily about 4cups. I am having Aiya matcha green tea i got a lot of difference. It is also good for diabetics. Try Aiya matcha green tea if you need to lose weight without any side effect.

12. profile image52
    luckygposted 12 years ago

My weight is reduced to 48 from 54 within two months..I avoid rice and I had wheat food without oil.. lots of fresh fruits and vegetables..

13. wilson51288 profile image58
    wilson51288posted 12 years ago

Since i do not know about your daily routine and what kind of activity you do or any of your health condition,i will suggest you with basic idea to carry on with what you are eating but do cut down the junk food and unhealthy food from your diet plus the sweet drinks containing artificial sweets. I would suggest you to divide your meal in 6 parts to avoid overfeeding your stomach due to overeating your digestion system cannot digest complete food you ate and this turn the excessive food into fat and  please drink lots of water to remove toxins. Do not skip breakfast or any meal to reduce your weight it wont help you instead only feed your body with require food and in require amount. Follow this regularly and all the best.

1. AshtonFirefly profile image70
      AshtonFireflyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think the best advice I can give you is:
      Don't diet. smile Completely change your eating habits, not for a short amount of time just to lose weight quickly, but to get your body healthier.
      Some of the best tips I can give you are:

1. drink water! Water is a natural fat-burner and reduces appetite.
      2. take a brisk ten minute walk one or two times a day
      3. pay close attention to labels: Saturated fat is your worst enemy. Total fat is not as important as saturated fat.
      4. Reduce sodium intake. Sodium naturally dehydrates you.
      5. Eat several snacks throughout the day instead of three meals. This keeps your base metabolism rate at a peak.

2. AshtonFirefly profile image70
      AshtonFireflyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

sorry wilson1288 I meant to respond to the entire thread, not your post...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)