What do you think about Donald Trump's debate?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (25 posts)
  1. 910chris profile image75
    910chrisposted 12 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5855338_f248.jpg
    I for one think it is a step towards turning a very serious Q&A to into a reality show. The very fact that this is going to happen is going to make our country's political process look even more like a farce to the rest of the world. What are your thoughts on this? Also, if we are going to allow such people to start moderating our highest of debate's, where in the world is this country headed?

1. Evan G Rogers profile image61
      Evan G Rogersposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Trump's so full of himself he can't see that the only reason he's famous is because everyone thinks he's a jackass.

Ron Paul and Jon Huntsman are absolutely right to skip that debate.

910chrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I more than agree that Ron Paul and Jon Huntsman did the right thing. It shows there character as well as those who decided to go.

2. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think Trump's credibility lies in his business acumen.  Think about the brilliance of 'The Apprentice' as a money maker.  If it weren't him in the boss' seat, there would be no show so he has some pull.

IMO, we're not 'allowing' anything.  If the candidates don't want to show, they don't have to.  The ones who are smart enough to know that Trump is a huge draw will be just that more likely to have their ideas heard.

Granted, he's full of himself, but his offspring are well grounded.  That speaks volumes to me about his real character, not his tv personality.

910chrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It looks like Romney is now a no show. I don't think anyone cares about the Trump being a huge draw, since the whole thing is now looking like it will be cancelled. Good job Ron Paul and Huntsman, the sheep are following you now it seems.

2. I am DB Cooper profile image63
        I am DB Cooperposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Regarding Trump's business acumen, I think Seth Macfarlane said it best:

"Tonight we honor a self-made millionaire. He started with nothing, worked hard, and made a fortune. That man is Fred Trump, Donald's dad. For all of his self-starter BS, he's basically Jaden Smith with a comb-over."

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

Just another part of the circus show.

3. maxoxam41 profile image64
    maxoxam41posted 12 years ago

Unworthy of my interest! I don't lower myself with such a person!

4. mel22 profile image59
    mel22posted 12 years ago

clue me in... is he taking part in the debate or was he going to be a moderator... either way i think he's total showman for the cameras  ( as in a reality clown showman )

he will be the moderator, disgustingly.

5. Paul Wingert profile image61
    Paul Wingertposted 12 years ago

I think the egomaniac Trump needs to stay out of politics and get over himself.

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

IMO, the only reason he's viewed as a bigger egomaniac than say, the Kennedys, is because of the proliferation of today's media.  His ego is huge but he's not a dope.  Obama's ego is any less?  At least Trump owns up to it, Obama is just arrogant.

1. livelonger profile image87
        livelongerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What has he said or done that makes you think he's arrogant?

6. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years ago

wow!

7. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 12 years ago

Now that Romney has declined to participate, look for the whole thing to be cancelled.

Gingrich ends up looking like an idiot.

8. Ralph Deeds profile image65
    Ralph Deedsposted 12 years ago

Romney has better hair than Trump. I wonder who picked Trump to moderate another debate? I think we've had too many debates already. All we need is one more among Romney, Gingrich and Paul.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 12 years agoin reply to this

http://www.hairstyleswatch.com/UserFiles/Image/MARCH%20Two%20Thousand%20Nine/Hahn%20the%20Nutty%20HairO%202.jpg

This guy has better hair than trump

9. Ralph Deeds profile image65

I just heard that Romney told Trump he wouldn't participate in his debate. Bravo for Romney and boos for the others who are kissing up to Trump and participating in his circus. Let's see if any of the others have the cojones to tell Trump to bag it. Carl Rove and the National Review have stated their opposition to Trump's "circus."

Ron Paul denied Trump before it was cool.

lol

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65
        Ralph Deedsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good for him!

10. Ralph Deeds profile image65

George Will reportedly said that the Republican Party "needs a filter to prevent the nominating process from being hijacked by an entrepreneurial charlatan," i.e. Donald Trump. Others have referred to the proposed debate as a circus and one said the party chairman should call on the candidates not to appear on the "Trumped Up" circus debate.

11. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

I don't think Trump should be the moderator.. he should be on the panel...

Think about it.. first there was...

http://nfltv.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/6a00d8346c5b9753ef00e5541e309e8834-800wi.jpg

and now, our generation has a chance to see..

http://images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2011327//300.Rosie.Trump.tg.042711.jpg

God that guy's hair is tragic.

Just admit you're bald and buzz the damn thing. Trust me, it looks better.

12. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

The answers, my friend.. are blowing in the wind.. the answers and your hair in the wind...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-r3XO1G5ui-4/TVSHNq2rlMI/AAAAAAAADuo/a9k_kCA30Dk/s1600/trump.jpg

13. Alecia Murphy profile image70
    Alecia Murphyposted 12 years ago

I think Huntsman and Paul have the right idea. It' s just too much with these Republican debates in the first place, but Trump is not a politician. He's just so desperate for attention and accolades, that he'll put his name to any and everything.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)