ALL MY HUBS SUBSTANDARD, AND Watermarked, Pixalated Images/Videos

Jump to Last Post 1-46 of 46 discussions (174 posts)
  1. profile image0
    sonnetwolf1posted 12 years ago

I'm new here at HUB and every one of my hubs has warnings and I've been told that I will be terminated soon because everything I post is substandard.  I have read all the Terms.  I don't understand what I'm doing wrong and since I'm "punished" and none of them can be viewed, I don't think anyone can go to my Hubs and tell me what I'm doing wrong.  My hubs are just Poetry and all the Images are my own and I know they're not poor quality because I'm a graphics Artist and the images are fine.  As far as YOUTube Vidoes, I use them just like a lot of other people do on their hubs, so why would mine be in question if we all get them in the same place?  I wish some of you who have been here for a while could view my hubs and tell me what I'm doing wrong.  I have friends on here and they haven't received any violations and their hubs are no different than mine.  If I can't get this figure out, I will either be terminated first, or, get so frustrated, I will delete my own account.

I've emailed the Tech people and all they told me was to go re-read the Terms and to come here, which doesn't help me at all.  Can anyone help me?  And if they won't publish any of my hubs, how can I show anyone so I can correct these?  i'm very upset and feel singled out and picked on, as even my Profile was in question  for being too personal.  too personal?  I guess so, it's about me, duh!

1. kittythedreamer profile image74
      kittythedreamerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm not too sure why you're being singled out...I've seen  people on Hubpages with a lot worse content and less content than you. Keep writing...try to make them a bit longer...that's all I can advise. Good luck and keep your head up!

2. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Can you clarify - do you mean you can see a warning at the top of each Hub, or have you received a personal email warning from HubPages?

If it's just a warning at the top of your Hub, that appears automatically if your Hub is short, because Hubs must be at least 250-300 words.  However, the Poetry categories are exempt so you can safely ignore that warning.

Psycheskinner is right, in this Hub the pictures would be categorized as "watermarked".  You can't have any kind of copyright notice on your photos here.

http://sonnetwolf1.hubpages.com/hub/POEM-NATURE-CALL

Unfortunately there's no acceptable way to mark your photos to protect them from theft on HubPages, which is a real problem for professional artists and professionals.

1. American View profile image60
        American Viewposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I disagree, a caption of unauthorized use and a copyright logo can be put into any photo

1. profile image0
          sonnetwolf1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

American View, are you saying it's okay to keep my design studio on my images, it's sonnetwolf designz?  Now i'm confused.  Some tell me that's Watermarking.  Are we not allowed to copyright lable our own work?  Wow......I must then tear down all my images.....or maybe you're saying that it's okay?

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
            rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

sonnetwolf, I would send an email to Maddie specifically and ask her your specific questions, such as this one in this post. As far as watermarks, it would be helpful to the entire community to have clarification on exactly what it includes.
            I would include a link to this forum thread in your email.

http://maddieruud.hubpages.com/

I think other artists and photographers are confused about the image policy. I know HP encourages the use of original photos, so I don't understand why the use of an authors name is an issue.  Especially when one looks through the photo gallery hubs and sees so many stolen images of celebrities and sexy women, etc. I don't get it. Why are they allowed and an authors own copyrighted image isn't?

Good luck!

Have you had an official ruling from HubPages on that?  I agree it SHOULD be possible, because it's so important for graphic artists, but everything I've read on HubPages says that it's not.

1. Glenn Stok profile image96
            Glenn Stokposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Tell me where you read that.  I am doing it as I mentioned in my previous post above and I never got moderated for it.

3. Marisa Wright profile image85

That is disgusting!

If you have had Hubs unpublished, you're entitled to a proper explanation as to why, not just a "go read the rules" email.  What is HubPages coming to?

1. rmcrayne profile image90
        rmcrayneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No offense intended to sonnetwolfe (or you), but you don't really know this to be true Marisa.  Can't believe everything you read in the forums, right?

1. Marisa Wright profile image85

Well, that's true - but I took sonnetwolfe at her word.  If she did receive emails with an explanation, why would she claim she didn't?

It is possible the emails are in her spam folder, I suppose.  I hope she'll check and if she did get an email, publish it here so we can interpret it for her.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image80
          Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, I assure you that what the poster says is true.  The initial "yo homes, we unpublished your work" email is probably automated.

It's vaguely threatening...and picks three random "high quality" hubs as ....good examples to follow.

"high quality" only means..."nobody has ever flagged this shit," or it could be a random hub that IS really good.

Ever play the lotto?  I feel lucky today......

3. profile image0

rmcrayne, I am telling the truth.  I have no reason to be dishonest and waste everyone's time and effort here that are trying to help me.  I truly am a Newbie and every single one of my Hubs, since day one, is in violation.  (I’ve only been here less than two months).

I've only just a day ago received my first and only Email back from the HUB techs (I emailed at least 3-4 times before I got this response) and their answer was:   a) to come to this Forum, and b) Reread all the Terms and Conditions, and that was it.  They never went, Hub by Hub, telling me what I did wrong or how to fix it....only reminding me that the Violations in Red Bold can be clicked on and itbrings you to a page defining the violations, which still makes no sense to me if I feel that my work is not substandard, my images poor quality or watermarked, and then the only other violation I’ve received is the fact that in Intro Profile Page "is too personal."  Well, I guess I need to write about somebody else, then, and not myself, for you tell me how I can write about myself as an Author, my interests, telling a little bit about myself, without sounding "too personal."  I would love to here that explanation, for I might just put it in my sixth published book I'm working on, LOL

Seriously though, I’ve edited as much as I can….except now I guess I need to tear down all my Images because I’ve put my design stamp (sonnetwolf designz) on them.

~ Susan Joyner-Stumpf, username sonnetwolf1

2. American View profile image60

Marisa,

My political articles get flack all the time, Guess HP has different views than me. But I always challenge them. I ask them in the email directly to point exactly what they have issue with. They always email back, sometimes it takes several days. If you do not hear back, re email

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image80

I've only ever had them bother with silly things, like explanations....after the second email; at the soonest.

4. Jason Menayan profile image60
      Jason Menayanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's not true. You've received 2 fairly detailed emails from the moderation team about your Hubs. Please review those more carefully, since they might give you some fairly direct insights into why your Hubs were moderated.

1. profile image0

Jason, are you talking about me having received "2 fairly detailed emails from the Mod Team...."    because if so, I did not.  Maybe you were talking about Wesman above.  The one and only email I received from the HUB support team regarding ALL MY HUBS in violation was to   a) come to this forum    and     b)   re read Terms and Conditions, and     c) click on the Red Bold Violation Flag and it will click you to a definition of Substandard, Watermarked or Personal Content.  Other than that, I've never received any "detailed" email from the Mod Team.  So I'm guessing here that you're referring to Wesman?

1. wilderness profile image96
          wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you click the bolded work "this" in Jason's reply, you can see it was to you.

Is it possible that their emails have gone into the junk mail folder?  I've had it happen to me even though I get many emails from HP in general.

2. Jason Menayan profile image60

Yes, that message was to you.

You emailed the moderation team on December 5th. They emailed you back, to the same email address, the very same day, with a detailed response.

You then emailed on December 8th. Again, the moderation team responded the very same day with a detailed response.

Neither of the emails told you to just read the TOS and come to the forums. In fact, both said that if you had any other questions, to email them back.

If you don't have either of these emails, please email team and ask them to resend those emails to you. Please make sure that our emails aren't going to your junk mail folder.

5. katyzzz profile image60
      katyzzzposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I really feel for you I often feel hub pages is all about them and nothing about us, compaining leads nowhere, they just will not accept responsibility meanwhile imposing all this burdensome work on us.  I just stick to what I do , correct what I can, comment when time permits and virtually just try to satisfy my own ends.

It's a shame because hub pages promises so much and delivers so little, I suggest you send copies of your hubs to your friends and ask them if they can see what is wrong.

Sometimes with digital pictues on enlargement they do annoyingly pixelate but I guess as you're a graphic artist you know all this already.

What a put down this must be for you.  Your anger is understandable.  I do hope this helps just a little.  Hib pages could be expected to put themselves out a bit more and us a bit less.  Hope you solve the problem, if not just move elsewhere, try Orble, a different forum but they are less demanding, but seem to have a different kind of audience which you may not like so much as the people here.  My best wishes and continued sympathy to you.

1. profile image0

katyzzz   thank you for all your kind words.  You and everyone have really made me "feel welcome."  As the old saying goes, too bad we had to meet under these circumstances, LOL.  It seems such a waste of valuable time going through all this....when we could be reading each other's work, commenting, having fun, being positive, which is the true reason I joined HUB was to meet other Authors like myself and inspire and support one another.  I've met more people here, and commented more here, and exchanged more feedback here, than I've done on either your Hubs or mine, that's sad to me....all that energy wasted when everyone of us could be channeling our creativity reading each other's works besides being on this Forum trying to figure out why a New Hubber such as myself seems to be breaking all the rules, LOL   ~ Susan Joyner-Stumpf

ps.   I really have, tho, met some nice, supportive people in this Forum.  Wish we had met, instead, talking about each other's wonderful Hubs, and how inspired or touched we were.

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages! smile

Sorry to hear you're having problems. However, I reviewed the six hubs you have up presently and two of them seem a bit short even for poetry. I know one of the two that are short could be flagged for formatting(poorly), but other than those I'm not sure what the problem is.

Your profile? It seems okay to me.

1. profile image0

I don't know if anyone can view these violated hubs of mine since they are unpublished due to violations:

http://sonnetwolf1.hubpages.com/hub/SUMMER-HOME

http://sonnetwolf1.hubpages.com/hub/Humpback-Whale

http://sonnetwolf1.hubpages.com/hub/SUS … MPFS-BOOKS

http://sonnetwolf1.hubpages.com/hub/POE … Tumbleweed

http://sonnetwolf1.hubpages.com/hub/POEM-Its-Own-Prey

http://sonnetwolf1.hubpages.com/hub/POEM-I-ONCE-WAS

http://sonnetwolf1.hubpages.com/hub/SUS … S-HUB-PAGE

All images are my own and not watermarked.  I'm a Graphics Artist and I know they are quality images.  Let's see.....maybe my poems are too short?

2. saddlerider1 profile image59
      saddlerider1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

This writer is a prolific and published author. I admire her work and to be signaled like this is uncalled for. I don't believe what I'm reading here. I have seen and still continue to see very sub-standard work being published in short format, how the Hubs can allow them to pass through without scrutiny is unbelievable. Yet they  delete this brilliant poet's work. It seems the BOTS only pick out exemplary work. I am still seeing 5 lines/verses of poetry being placed at the Hubs and approved?

It may not have been bots, someone most likely flagged her profile.. I found it strange that her profile is considered too personal? 

Saddlerider, I also placed one of her poems as one of the top ten choices. NOw I just clicked on it and see that it is no longer published. I don't understand why HP won't allow an artist to sign their own images.

Here is the cached version of this amazing poem.
        http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s … =firefox-a

I hope you and HP get it figured out Sonnetwolf.

1. capricornrising profile image60
          capricornrisingposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow - now I'm really confused. I just copied into Word the text of the poem that rebekahELLE linked above, in order to calculate a word count, and I got 331. Clearly it is NOT too short. The images are NOT pixelated on my screen nor on my husband's very old desktop. The one "violation" I can see involve the signatures on the images. Is this the sole reason this hub has been called "substandard"? Overkill, and inaccurate.

1. melbel profile image94
            melbelposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No, her poems are on several other sites and that's probably the main reason she was modded.

1. profile image0

melbel, I'm pretty sure I made sure that the poems that appear here on HUB do not appear anywhere else on the Web because when I joined HUB two months ago, I followed four of my friends that were already here and the first thing they warned me about was, Susan, make sure hun that NONE of your Poetry that you post here is on any of your other Writing Sites (because I'm on about 8 others).  So, I never received a Duplicate Violation Warning anyway.  My three warnings are:  my Profile (which I've edited four times) is TOO PERSONAL; my Poems are Substandard (too short, formatting????), which doesn't make sense, still; and then my Images are either Watermarked (my design stamp logo on them), pixelated (I know my images are not low, bad quality, I'm a Graphics Artist and they look beautiful in my Graphics Software Program), and those are the warnings, melbel.  Really, I have no reason to be dishonest.  I'm an honest person truly seeking help, that's all.

Your poem "I once was" on three different sites:

susanjoynerstumpf.wordpress.com/2011/11/16/i-once-was

inkspot.com/main/view_item/item_id/1293279-I-ONCE-WAS

writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1293279-I-ONCE-WAS

2. capricornrising profile image60

The duplication issue does not explain the use of the word "substandard," I can confirm that her images are not "pixelated" (I also have a fair amount of digital graphic experience), and as for "too personal" - I'm quite confused about this. Every Hubber on this website talks about themselves, because their profiles are supposed to be about them!

3. capricornrising profile image60

It might be useful to get links to those other sites that you've found her poems on, melbel.

Well I can see that as being duplication if they were put on another site first and not at the Hubs, as that is their ruling, however I can't understand why they would flag her profile? It's a  profile, something that we write when we describe ourselves etc etc.

3. saddlerider1 profile image59

RebekahELLE, that is the very same Poem of hers that I had placed in my TOP 5 choices, I was seriously considering placing it in my Top 3  however Pearldiver, Tom Rubenoff and RedElf fitted those slots. As far as signing one's own images photos taken as in AKA Silvergenes beautiful work, she takes all her own photographs, being a professional, and she can't sign her own photographs?? insane. I certainly hope that the Team can resolve this amicably with this Poetic/Artist, I will be very, very disappointed otherwise and so will many others be.

4. profile image0

Thank you, RebekahElle, for your kind words as well.  I truly appreciate the kindness you all are showing me.  I hope i'm worth it.

Sonnet, It would be HP's loss to have a published, talented author leave because of confusion over hub violations. I would write the specific email to Maddie.
            Send me an email if you need assistance. I'll help however I can.

Saddlerider, she isn't being singled out.  The use of the word "substandard" is unfortunate, and Hubbers have asked before if HubPages could change it to "non-compliant" - because that's all it means.

The "substandard" label just means that the Hub isn't compliant with HubPages rules, and therefore can't be published until the problems are fixed. But it's natural that people take the word at face value, and feel it's an attack on the quality of their work.  It's not.

1. saddlerider1 profile image59

I totally agree with your definition and translation of the word substandard. However it's time that the Team stop using it, non-compliant is correct and the correct translation to be using. It's obvious that fellow hubbers are taking the word at it's face value and thus the feeling of one being attacked, thus the huge amount of dialogue here at the Forum on this very issue. I hope Sonnetwolf's attempts to help the support team understand work as their seems to be a serious lack of communciation going on between them as it does with numerous other people who complain repeatedly of the same treatment. I hate to see another fine writer leave the Hubs for this lack of communication. Thank you for your insight and feed back to this matter.

3. profile image0

Thank you saddlerider1 for all your kind comments and support.   Again, I am sorry that this issue has brought us all together, instead of our Works, our HUBs, bringing us all together to share our insights and inspirations and to tell one another how the other's Hub touched us, or how great we thought it was.  That's what I want to be doing, not all this.  I feel like I am stealing everyone away from their creative modes, as well as myself.  Well, if HUB allows me to stick around and not delete me, maybe we can all resume doing just that:   writing, commenting, inspiring and supporting one another.  That's the reason I joined HUB.......and for no other reason than to showcase my own work in hopes that it would inspire someone, and then to meet other fantastic writers to be inpired by, and supported.  That's what I thought I was coming into when I joined less than two months ago......this actually is a shock to me, but I've been weathered worse.

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image80
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

I've had the same problem in the past.  "Watermarked" photos are photos with a slogan or something on them that prove that they weren't intended to be used elsewhere.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5867358_f248.jpg

The above should be a great example.

By Pixilated....it could be that those photos are okay, but that you must not use a full sized photo capsule, which makes the pixilated image sort of blurry.

Hope that helped.

4. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

If you link to one of the hubs taken down we might be able to find the google cache version of it?

1. psycheskinner profile image84
      psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I found this one and have to say, it looks okay to me: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s … &gl=us

5. profile image0
    1. RedElf profile image89
      RedElfposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No-one but you can view hubs that have been unpublished. As was suggested, try adding an explanation, or talk about the inspiration for the poems. That's what I did on all of my poetry hubs and it certainly helped.
      Even though you are published in the correct category, an automatic warning will be triggered if your hubs are less than 250 - 300 words. The reason for this is, in part, to differentiate this site from most blogging sites where you can publish as short an article as you choose.
      Also, as was pointed out, if your pictures are showing as pixelated, they could be excellent quality, but still be too small for the photo capsules. Try clicking the right pointing arrow to make the capsule smaller, and then click it down or up so that it lines up beside a chunk of text.

If you put the url into google you can view the cached version.

I have to say the ones I looked at were fine IMHO and pictures either absent or not pixelated.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s … &gl=us

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s … &gl=us

Don't give up, there are many talented writers and poets here who want and will come to your defense. I placed one of your great pieces in my Top 10 choices when I was judging the poetry contest. How anyone can think or state that your work is sub-standard is beyond me. Keep up the good fight, you will be heard.

1. profile image0

Thank you saddlerider1.  You have been wonderful through this process of helping me, and no matter the outcome, it's the kind words and support I will never forget.

6. Sally's Trove profile image78
    Sally's Troveposted 12 years ago

You've put every one of your poetry hubs in the poetry category. I don't see a problem here.

Email the team at team@hubpages.com and ask for an explanation.

1. profile image0

Thank you Sally's Trove.  I have emailed the Team and await their response so I can find out what i've done wrong and fix it.

Good luck.  I read a few of your poems and liked them smile

1. profile image0

Thank you psychskinner.  I hope I can stay so that I can get to know each and everyone of you through your Hubs.  That's all I want to do, is write, and read others, so we can touch one another's lives; be supportive, and be inspired.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image80

Sometimes It pays to e mail them more than once - you never know how busy a day they are having over there.

7. cathylynn99 profile image74
    cathylynn99posted 12 years ago

i have warnings on some of my hubs for being too short. i don't necessarily want to change a poem, so i'll add an explanation or the inspiration.

8. rmcrayne profile image90
    rmcrayneposted 12 years ago

Maybe reach out to one of our veteran HubPages poets, like manlypoetryman.  See if he has had any experiences at having hubs unpublished, or if he would review your poem hubs. 

<link removed>

1. profile image0

rmcrayne, thanks for the advice.  Actually, I followed four friends over to HUB.  One of them has been here for three years and is a Level 8 Commentator.  She of course went to all my Hubs and told me, Susan, you have done nothing different than I have done, or anyone else.   She's trying to help me, as well, but of course, there's only so much you can do.  If the Poem is too short, what, I tear down the Poem, LOL?  Okay, so I guess I have to take down my images that have my stamp on them.  What does that leave?  Oh yeah, empty capsules.  Well, that's a violation too, but that's what it's coming down too if my Poems don't meet the 300 word requirement and my Graphics are logoed......then i've got nothing to show, and that won't work either, according to the Rules.   I will just do the best I can and whatever happens, happens.  I've spent two hours doing edits Fri the 9th........and resubmitted for publication.  I think they will be denied again though because the Poems are still not long enough, and I forgot to take the images down with my design name, sonnetwolf designz, on them.

9. psycheskinner profile image84

On these ones one the small text on the picture might be considered a watermark.
    http://sonnetwolf1.hubpages.com/hub/POEM-NATURE-CALL
    http://sonnetwolf1.hubpages.com/hub/POE … UNYIELDING

1. profile image0

psycheskinner, thanks for your response.  I thank you all.   I really want to stay here, but I don't know how to fix my own work.  As far as the images, there are no Watermarks.  I'm a Graphics Art AND THEY ARE ALL MY OWN WORK, that's why I put the disclaimner on there beneath each image that Graphics are by me, Susan Joyner-Stumpf, Sonnetwolf Designz, which is the name I've given my Virtual Design Studio.  I will take all advice and try to do what I can to correct, but all these are my own works, poetry, images, so, I just don't really understand.  I visit other sites and those of my friends and to be honest, they are not doing anything different than I am and they've never received a warning.  As far as Youtube vidoes, all my friends and others use that too, no difference there.

Sonnet, if you put your name ON the photo in any way, that counts as "watermarked".  You cannot have any text ON the photo.  I looked at some of your images and you had a tiny "copyright" statement on the bottom, which is a problem.  Have you checked that?

Second, Jason says you have received an email from Support with more information.  Did you get it?  Check your Spam folder.  If so, publish the text here and we'll help explain it for you.

It's really not worth wasting your time tinkering with stuff that probably isn't a problem.  You're entitled to a clear explanation from support, so send them another email and ask for it - and like I said, publish it here if you don't understand it, we'll help.

1. profile image0

Marisa, thanks, hun, but I only received ONE email just the other day, I don't know what Jason means about two?  And again, the one I received was not detailed.  It told me     a) come to this Forum;     b) to please go to the FAQ area, and re-read the Terms and Conditions (and then they gave me a few links) and then the third suggestion was to click on the Red Bold Violation Warning on each of my Hubs and that would in turn bring me to a definition of that violation.  Been there, done that, too.

I've gone back and tried to make as many edits as I could.  I don't think my edits will be good enough, and they told me if they are not, my Account will be deleted, but I want to thank you in case that happens, I want to thank YOU and everyone for trying to help me, I really did take your advice seriously and do my best to comply.

10. Victoria Lynn profile image88
    Victoria Lynnposted 12 years ago

I don't understand how a profile could NOT be personal. I have seen some that are purely personal on here and say little to nothing of the professional qualifications. I wish I knew what the problem is and could help you. Maybe some of the old-time hubbers could tell you...? Good luck. Sounds frustrating.

11. Ole Number One profile image76
    Ole Number Oneposted 12 years ago

I have had some of my hubs flagged for simply using a name brand or slang terms used in a humorous way.

12. Ole Number One profile image76

I have had some of my hubs flagged for simply using a name brand or slang terms used in a humorous way.

13. Ole Number One profile image76

14. Ole Number One profile image76

15. Ole Number One profile image76

Don't know what happened there to make my post show 4 times.

1. rmcrayne profile image90
      rmcrayneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You can delete 3 of them.  I think the "edit" and "delete" options are open for about 4 hours.

16. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

sonnetwolf, I hope you get it figured out. I don't really see the problem with the hubs I viewed, except perhaps a few of your images have your logo. I wonder why that is a problem if they're your own? I don't really understand why they're not allowed.

I remember reading your Poem The Open Sore of Her Life during the contest. There's nothing substandard about your writing. It must be an issue with the images, and maybe formatting on some of the poems. Did the email specify anything?

Did you read this about the violation?
    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Mode … ow-Quality

Rebekah, the FAQ says,
      "images or videos that contain prominent watermarks are also prohibited. This rule applies even if they are your own photos or videos, or photos or videos that you have the legal right to use."

However, Maddie recently replied to a thread to say that all watermarks are prohibited - I can't find the thread right now.

Yes, Marisa, I' m aware of this.  I simply wonder why someone can't use their own images with their name.

Because ANY text on the photo counts as a watermark.  Which seems unfair to me but it appears to be the rules. I just wish I could find the thread because I remember being really surprised about it.

1. Pcunix profile image91
            Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I know that in other places I have added explanatory text to screenshots with arrows saying things like "This is where you'd need to click" and similar bits.

I guess I'd need to not do that here?

How silly.

2. profile image0

All graphic work is my own.  I am a Graphics Artist and all the images are done in my Online Graphic Art Tutorials.  I always put the disclaimer below each image that the work is my own.  Others have told me my image are too big and to not have them full width, only upon clicking thumbnail to see original size .  Maybe I could that?  As far as grammar, I spell check all of my work, there are no mispellings.  As far as Format, Poetry has not the formatting restrictions as regular short story or article type genre.

3. saddlerider1 profile image59

RebekahELLE, I totally agree with her work not even being close to sub-standard, she is a gifted and very talented poet. As for the technical side of watermarking on photos, I will leave that argument up to others. But to cast this fine poet to the curb and delete her work is outrageous to say the least.

4. profile image0

rebekahELLE  I actually read that link and it's very informative and helpful.  I think one of the problems is.....my images are logoed with my stamp.  I did go back and change them all from full width....maybe they were too large, but I forgot to take them down entirely because an Artist Logo is considered to be a Watermark, according to this link of HUB's Rules and Terms.  Or the image may be poor quality.....all I know is how the image appears in my Graphics Software Program....I have no control how it will appear on another's PC, do I, on another's screen?

And, as far as my poems being too short, my four friends that are on HUB and one of them that has been here for three years and is a Level 8 Commentator told me that Poetry falls under a different category of formatting and grammar and length, as long as there are no misspellings, I should be okay......................but then that was the majority of my warnings is that my Hubs were Substandard....and then from the link above, the defintion of Substandard was broken down into different pieces....and one of the pieces was a Hub being too short, or the formatting off so that it makes the content hard to read....but again, Poetry is it's own Category separate from Articles/Stories and therefore formatting and length should not come into play.

1. Pcunix profile image91
        Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Level 8 seems to mean that they comment a lot and have not been deleted often.    Your friends advice may indeed be valuable, but probably not because of that Level 8.

17. That Grrl profile image72
    That Grrlposted 12 years ago

Just from the title of this forum post I'd say you should check your punctuation. ALL CAPS are NOT a good THING.

1. profile image0

Right, That Grrl   (cute handle) and that was the first edit I did was to take my titles down from All Capps Status.  Thanx.

18. BobbiRant profile image61
    BobbiRantposted 12 years ago

The Really sad thing here is that I've seen much, much shorter poems published on this site too.  I have stopped writing here much and for similar reasons, but there are many other reasons I barely post anything anymore.  I absolutely adored HP once, especially when I first started, but not so much anymore.  I like your poems, they look good, but then I'm not a moderator.

1. profile image0

Thank you BobbiRant.  Well, I guess we will see what happens.  And, if you all don't see me anymore, you will know what happened.  Sorry we all had to meet like this instead of commenting on each other's Hubs.  That's what I really joined HUB for, was to meet other writers and support and inspire one another.  I hope it's not too late for that, but, if it is, Que sera.

19. profile image0

I want to thank everyone for their help.  I still don't know what to do.  A few things I can try are to make sure my Titles are not in all caps; I can make sure my images are not full width, only upon thumbnail to see original size.  As far as length of poem, if I'm supposed to have so many words, it would really limit the poems I post, and I don't write what are considered "Epic poems."  Mine are short and sweet.

20. rebekahELLE profile image85

I have never read this anywhere. I've seen plenty of hubs with text on an image, especially tutorial hubs in which the author explains a step with a few words and arrows, etc. My son does all his own images and has never had an issue with 'no text' on explanatory images.

If it was something mentioned in a thread, it should also be somewhere in the Terms of Use. It's not in Terms of Use or the Learning Center hub about this violation. It says no conspicuous or prominent watermarks.

1. Rising Caren profile image79
      Rising Carenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

by "text", it was really for an author name, not for directions or titles or such.

A picture cannot have an author or site name on it. Though I wonder if it's allowed if the name matches the hubber's username?

That makes more sense about 'text'.

I don't know, some clarification would be helpful.  I haven't checked all of Sonnet's remaining published hubs, but I know that her graphic name does appear on at least one image. I hope it doesn't go down.

1. profile image0

You're right, rebekahELLE, unfortunately, not realizing I was in violation, all my images have my design studio logo on them, sonnetwolf designz. 

~ Susan Joyner-Stumpf

Thanks for the clarification Caren.  I was trying to find the thread but still can't track it down.

I remember it particularly, because pre-Panda, I was under the impression it was OK to watermark or add a copyright line to your own photos - you just had to email HubPages and let them know. 

Then someone had a problem with it, a thread was started and Maddie confirmed it wasn't allowed, period.  So I do with they'd take that word "prominent" off the Help information if they don't mean it!

However, it sounds like Rebekah and Will have discovered the real problem - it's duplicate content.

21. melbel profile image94
    melbelposted 12 years ago

You're not allowed to repost your hubs elsewhere. Maybe that's why you were modded. You can choose to put them on your blog or on HubPages, but not both. If you have it in both places, you could be penalized by Google. If you're penalized by Google you'll see less traffic on both HubPages AND your blog.

https://www.google.com/search?client=ub … p;oe=utf-8

What you CAN do is remove them from your blog and JUST post them on HubPages. OR you can just leave them on your blog and not have them on HubPages. Either way, your writing is very beautiful. It would be nice to see you stick around.

The rules can be a bit confusing at first, especially when there are a ton of them thrown at you at once, but I bet you'll get the hang of it in no time.

I think you have hit the major issue. She has her poems on another of her sites.  Listed first under the description of Substandard is:

If a Hub is moderated as substandard, it could contain one or more of the following:

Text that appears elsewhere on the web

1. profile image0

I wonder why tho, rebekahELLE when I've made sure they don't appear on my other writing sites?  I will check this again, but I never did received a Duplicate Warning.

22. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 12 years ago

No one likes to see people getting their pages unpublished but unless content quality is controlled the site will suffer.

If all of sonnetwolf1's work is duplicated in many places online it will impact all of us.

1. profile image0

I promise YOU, Will Apse, I am not duplicating my work anywhere.  I followed four friends over here...one of them has been on HUB for three years and she is a Level 8 Commentator and the first thing she told me was, Susan, now you have to make sure your Posts here don't appear on any other sites that we are on......and I've made sure that I have followed that rule, to a T.  LOL, that's the only rule I do understand....

23. capricornrising profile image60
    capricornrisingposted 12 years ago

Sonnetwolf - did you find those detailed emails that Jason says HubPages sent you? Does it mention duplicate content elsewhere on the Web?

I for one would be very grateful to find out what was in those emails, if you would be willing to share them privately. Your poems are wonderful, some of the best I've read on Hubpages. In fact, I feel as though we have similar poetic sensibilities, so I'm very much afraid the same thing will happen to me. I'd like to avoid that.

Also, if you share the email content, some of us might even be able to stop guessing, trying to read the moderators' minds, and help you decipher and solve your non-publishing issue.

1. profile image0

Everyone has been so kind.  Some of the violations say the images are watermarked and pixilated.  Most of them say the Hubs are substandard and don't fall under HUB's Terms and conditions.  My fellow Hubbers, it is very important for a Graphic Artist to sign somewhere on their Graphic.  It's no different than after a Poem, putting the copyright symbol and your name, making the disclaimer that this is your own work so no one will plagiarize, is critical.  Don’t Artists with Painted art sign at the bottom of their artwork?  Van Gogh and Picasso did, I guarantee.  For instance, if I failed to sign a Graphic (I always use my design studio name which is Sonnetwolf Designz (my real name, btw, is Susan Joyner-Stumpf), someone might copy/paste my hard work and re-use it elsewhere on the Web, claiming it to be their own.  I have the emblem on there to reclaim my personal work, to protect it.

I have taken a lot of advice here and have gone back as best I could to re edit.  I spent an hour doing that Fri afternoon, December the 9th.  I changed all the Titles to Lower Case.  I made sure all my Images were Half Width and only upon click, could they see original size.  Let's see.....as far as short poems, I can't help that.   It would really limit my Posts on here (and many others) to tell me I can only post Epic Poems.  There are poets of all literary styles....I'm not a Poet that normally composes five page poems.  Mine are normally a page, possibly two to three pages long, at best.  I have friends on here who told me from the beginning NOT to post the same poem anywhere else, so I have made sure that every Poem posted here on HUB does not appear on any of my other Social Writing Sites.

So, the main violations in Red were Watermarked, poor quality images (funny, my images look beautiful from my end on my Expensive Graphic Software Programs); and then they said my Hubs were substandard and my Profile Page introducing myself as an Author, they said that was too uninteresting to the masses, and "Personal." LOL, aren’t all Profiles "Personal?"  For goodness sakes, Group, you are telling everyone a little bit about yourself.  I want people to know I'm a Published Author of Five Books; I'm proud of that and well I should be.  I give a little synopsis of what I'm interested in.  I've cut that text down too.  Then I have a Hub with all the Images of my Books and a little bit about them.  What's wrong with that?  I let everyone know they are available on Amazon.  Is this any different than others having a HUB in which they are selling some product or service they provide?  I know this to be true and allowed because I’ve seen in.

I use Videos like most of my friends from YouTube.  No difference there.  And, I've visited and commented on others' sites besides my friends, and they have videos and Images (my friends are using images I made for them, LOL) and they never received warnings.  I’ve seen Poetry shorter than mine, like Haiku, which is a three-line poem;  I’ve also seen the Shakespearian Sonnets, which are a strict rule of 14 lines.  Trust me, being a Poet for over 30 years, I know the styles and strict rules and meters involved.

The only other Violation I remember is the fact that my Hubs may contain grammar or formatting error.  I spell check before I post; and let's face it, Poetry has a variety of formatting and me being a Free Verse Poet similar to e.e. Cummings, my poems don't follow the Traditional Aligned Justified Stanzas like a Story or Article Paragraph.

Then I thought, well, the Moderators don't care for my style of poetry, which would not be fair.  So, their email back to me was not specific at all, and only directed me here to the FAQ Forum and then they gave me the similar links you all were kind enough to give me with their terms, rules and conditions, and yet I still don't see where I warranted such strict and harsh come backs that if I get too many more warnings, or don't fix ALL THE HUBS (and everyone of mine are in jeopardy) they will terminate my Account after this next and final edit I've done, as a Newbie, to try to stay here.

And if they do terminate my Account, I want everyone to know I appreciate all the support and kindness you have shown, and to try to come to my rescue.

Hi Sonnetwolf - I believe you've had the ill luck to be one of the Hubbers who has been more closely scrutinized than others, and it's possible any one of us could be next. You've said that you did not post anything on HubPages that was on a different site, and I have no reason not to believe you.

I made a living as a website designer while waiting for my Hollywood break (ha!) a while back, so I hope some of this advice is useful:

I assume you have your original graphic files. Can you recreate the final images, and instead of watermarking your pixels,upload them without, and add your copyright mark and HubPages username plus the words "all rights reserved" in the caption field of the capsule, which will show up underneath the photo, and make sure the image you've uploaded has your HubPages username in the image file's notes dialog. Are you on a Mac? I can walk you through the way to do this, if you would like some help.

Also, if I were you, I would not upload your images at full resolution. Upload them at about 400 for half a column and 700 for full column. If you upload them at full resolution, this will encourage thieves. Furthermore, I remember reading somewhere (the tutorials, I'm pretty sure) that images need to be "at least 300 px wide" for a half column. There is a possibility, if the moderators are using substandard browser/platform combinations, that very high resolution graphics will pixelate when the html code resizes them to fit within their column parameters. I will share with you that some of the "allowed tags" in the capsules' HTML editors are "degraded" - which means their coding has not been upgraded for many years. In fact no one running a sophisticated website uses HTML 4 anymore.

Also, one way I avoid the stress of having my prized images stolen is not to use them at all. There are a bunch of free image sites on the net (you may know of these already) from which I harvest images, then remake them into what I need (for example, almost all Wikimedia Commons images explicitly permit this "redrawing," as their images have been released into the public domain by their uploaders). I would not do this on a photography hub, of course, but then, since I'm quite protective of my high-quality images, I probably will not ever do a real photography hub, as long as I am not allowed to watermark them.

In case it's of use, missolive wrote a wonderful hub about her favorite free image sites:

http://missolive.hubpages.com/hub/Free- … s-and-Hubs

I'm relate to your dilemma regarding your images, because I also quite often create my own images and use my own photographs. The question about how we protect our images if we are banned from watermarking them is a very good one that I might ask in the "suggestions" forum.

As for the length of the Hubs, poems are supposed to be exempt from the "length" rules, and many very popular Hubbers publish very short poems, so I do not think this could be the issue (or they haven't been caught yet).

As the winner of the recent Patron of the Arts contest stated in his interview in the recent HubPages Weekly, many poets prefer to stay away from explaining their poems at all, never mind extensively enough to fill a 200 word Hub - for fear of undermining one of the primary goals of poetry: to give the reader the freedom to experience the poem in their own way, and let it resonate however it will without being handed study notes. I'm sure the size rule has less to do with artistry than with business - Google business that is.

I wish you the best. Please feel free to contact me directly if my tech-speak proves elusive!

Yes, we know that.  Unfortunately it's not allowed on HubPages.  I know the rule is frustrating for photographers and artists, but there's a good reason for it, and in a roundabout way, it protects photographers and artists.

HubPages prohibits watermarked images because in many cases, a watermarked image is a sign that the photo has been stolen from a site where the photo is for sale.  So they have a system to detect and remove Hubs that use them - and unfortunately, they don't have the systems or resources to make exceptions to that rule. 

Sadly, that means that HubPages is not a suitable place for graphic artists and photographers to showcase their work, but that's just a fact of life. If you want to showcase your work, you need to choose images which you don't mind sharing or losing.  There's no way round that, it's just the rules.

2. profile image0

capricornrising, the ONE EMAIL I received (not the Two detailed ones that Jason said I received), I copy/pasted the response here:

Hi Susan,

Your hubs have been moderated for a variety of reasons.  It appears that a few of your non-poetry hubs have been moderated as substandard because they are short (http://sonnetwolf1.hubpages.com/hub/SUS … MPFS-BOOKS) and do not provide enough information that isn't purely personal (http://sonnetwolf1.hubpages.com/hub/SUS … S-HUB-PAGE).  I reviewed some of your poetry hubs, and it appears that several have been moderated for containing watermarked images.

/` so again, my Profile is "too personal;"  we've come to the realization that my Images have my logo so I need to take those down;  for all I did with my Images was downsize them.  And then the Poetry is too short.

Okay, this is coming more clear - actually what you copied and pasted refers to two "non-poetry" hubs - the hubs labeled SUSAN-JOYNER-STUMPFS-BOOKS and SUSAN-JOYNER-STUMPFS-HUB-PAGE - not your profile at all.

Because these two hubs are no longer published, and I'm not sure how to access the google-archived pages, I can't read them to troubleshoot them. Because they're non-poetry hubs, they will be more likely to be flagged for violating the "too short" rule, and may be the first ones you'll want to re-write, or eliminate altogether.

According to this email, it appears the only violation your poetry hubs have been specifically flagged for are the watermarked images, not duplicate content elsewhere.

However, I did a Google search for the poem you submitted to the contest, and the search results included a page at Writers.com that contained that poem on November 11. When I clicked the link, that page turned out not to exist. Did you take down the Writers.com page before you posted the poem on HubPages?

It's possible the duplicate content was indexed even though there was no longer duplicate content. Propagation can take a while on the internet, and indexing does not always update in real time. However, because this was not mentioned as a violation in HubPages' communications to you, I doubt this is actually the issue.

*Addendum: the two hubs referred to in the email violate both the "too-short" and "purely personal" rules. You'll want to avoid only putting bios of yourself, or lists of your work, in hubs. Reserve bios/lists of works for your actual profile (the one linked to your photo).

2. profile image0

capricornrising.....I am sure i made sure that what I posted on HUB does not appear on my Writing.com site nor the other sites i';m on.  I understood that rule.  What i've done now is remove ALL MY IMAGES.  My Susan Joyner-Stumpf's Hub Page  ~ is what I considered to be my Profile type Page because it's about me......and then should I possibly remove the Hub about my books for sale, and about them?  Besides those two, I've only got my Poetry Hubs.....is it the title Susan Joyner-Stumpf's Hub Page that doesn't make sense?  Let me go edit that

Confusion.  A hub is not a profile page - it is an magazine-style article.  A hub being used as a profile, containing only personal information about you, is almost certainly to be judged as too personal.  Clicking on the "profile" tab near the upper right of this screen will take you to your profile, but it is not a hub.

In a similar vein, a hub of nothing but descriptions of your books is very likely to be disallowed - would you ever see such a publication in the pages of a magazine?  In addition, the wording in the link descriptions is very likely to be duplicated elsewhere on the web.

2. capricornrising profile image60

Sonnetwolf - move all your "profile" information (bio and book lists) out of your hubs and into your actual profile. How to find that: click your photo - the one that appears next to all your posts on this thread, and you will come to a page that contains your actual profile. There will be a link near the top marked "edit profile." This is where you want to put all the information that were in the two flagged hubs you mention above. You'll then want to delete both hubs you've emptied. The titles are of no consequence - they were not mentioned by the Hub staffer.

I don't think there is an issue regarding the length of your poems. The one you entered into the contest is over 300 words long - that's plenty. And also poetry is supposed to be exempt from the too-short rule. (Otherwise, I might have to go flag every haiku hub I come across!)

HubPages seems to love images and prefer our hubs include them as they make the page more visually interesting, so I hope you'll continue to use images with your lovely poetry. I will probably personally take the plunge and suggest to HubPages that they allow the owner of the image to include their signature, providing that signature matches their HubPages username. It doesn't make sense to punish us for protecting our images from theft.

Good luck!

24. Aficionada profile image78
    Aficionadaposted 12 years ago

sonnetwolf1, Most everyone understands your frustration with this situation, but it's important that you realize you are not being singled out.  Many other Hubbers - some with far more experience than you - have also faced being moderated for various infractions, and some have received the same warning that their accounts will be terminated if they repeatedly revise and repost without actually fixing the problems.

In this recent post, you say that you have made sure not to post anything here that also appears on your other sites; I guess the question would be whether you have been that careful from the beginning?  For example, was anything posted here before you knew that it should not be?  That could have triggered the duplicate content filter.

As for your signature on your work, even if it makes sense to do that, it is still against HubPages TOS to use them here; all that means is that those images need to be used on your other sites, not here, and you would need to use allowed images here, even if they are not your own work (for example, public domain images or those covered by a Creative Commons license).  Of course that's frustrating, but there are frustrating regulations of some kind wherever we go.

1. profile image0

Aficionada, am I to understand that we are not allowed to use our Own Images, but must take the risk of using images "from elsewhere" that, I as a Graphics Artist, know and I'm aware of Royalty Free Sites and Expired Domain Sites where you will not get in trouble for Copyright Infringement, but what others who don’t know any better?  I do, but half the people don’t because they are not Certified Graphics Artist like me who understands the Fines and Sanctions one can get if they use images that they don’t know are free to the public or not.  Who’s willing to take that risk and would HUB throw their Members under the Bus?

So, let me get this straight.  HUB will send out their inexperienced Photo-Image seeking members to go out there and grab images to accompany their posts that they are unsure of or inexperienced to know the difference between what images can be used and are safe than those which could potentially cause their HUBBERS to have fines against them for infringement?  LOL, surely I misunderstood your advice... maybe HUB has their own site of protected images, surely that is what you mean.  And then that I guess I would understand to some degree; however, that would mean I’m not able to express my full potential and creativity on HUB because I’m not allowed to use MY OWN WORK?  Well, ask me if that makes sense, and that’s another Novel within itself.

And I am not the only one to use MY OWN IMAGES as a Graphics Artist.  I see it everywhere.  I am not angry at YOU, I'm sorry if it seems that way.  I apologize, I'm just frustrated, but will do everything I can to comply to the rules (if I knew and understood the rules).  I’m on about 7 other Writing Sites and none of them are this strict.  I don't see how anyone gets by here with a Post, to be quite honest.

And yes, since I had friends that Brought me over here, they helped me actually set up my account.  Some of them have been on here for four years and are Level 8 Commentators and tell me my site is no different than theirs or anybody else’s, I guess that's why I felt singled out because if some people get away with stuff, and others get called down, how am I supposed to feel?  It should be an equal playing field, but obviously not, if some “can get away with stuff” while others can’t.   huuuuuuuuuuuumm.

I will do the best I can to comply, but it's hard when you are new and the rules are so confusing and incomprehensible and multiple.  It makes one want to just give up, because believe me, there are plenty other sites out there (because I am on them) that treat their New Members with a little more leniency and kindness, welcoming them to the Group, instead of threats from Day One.  Welcome Aboard....oh boy!!!!!  sorry, but they make me have this attitude when I've been with other sites for over 7 years some of them and have never been treated like this in my entire life, nor has my work ever been called "substandard" or my Graphics poor taste and bad imaging.  Good thing my publishers for all five of my books don't agree, LOL

25. psycheskinner profile image84

The rules are the rules, pictures here can't have digital text on them. If you "signed" them freehand that might pass.

The other suggestion is that you have a same work posted elsewhere (?), which is also not allowed.

26. profile image0
    SilverGenesposted 12 years ago

sonnetwolf1, I'm really very sorry to hear you are going through this. There are many hubs out there with real substandard content and images that are watermarked by Getty etc that are still up. There are copyright violations left right and center on this site that have been flagged (I know that because I've flagged them) more than once but they are still up. I have photography hubs on here and almost every one of my images has my mark on them located at the bottom of the photo in the same way an artist signs their work. They are all still up. I've been flagged on several hubs for duplicate content - sometimes it was that there was not enough down time when transferring from another hub and sometimes it was because someone else had stolen my content. These things happen. Would should not happen is the Hubpages method of dealing with this. I am frankly tired of it and don't write here at the moment. It was just too frustrating. I just finished judging the photography part of the Patron of the Arts contest and now in this forum have learned that my own images are in violation from having my signature on them. Fine. The moment they are flagged, I will shut it down completely here. HubPages has the wrong attitude sometimes. They are getting writing and articles for free to draw traffic. Treat the authors a little better. Without us, there is no HP. Your profile looks interesting and frankly a lot better than mine. Your poetry is lovely! Maybe you had an artist element in your photos that was not understood by those who are reviewing. It happened to me with an art piece meant to signify 'anger'. I was directed to some sites where I could learn about good images - maybe they should have sent me there before asking me to judge? LOL. Do not take it personally. It is what it is... there is a lot of truth is that whole 'reaping what you sow' idea so it may be a good idea to have a backup to HP ;-)

27. psycheskinner profile image84

You can use you own images, you just can't put digital text in them.

And I assume the hubs taken down that did not have pictures were duplicate.

Whether you like it or not, those are the rules.

Rather than waste effort on the principles and how you think things should be run etc, find out exactly what rule each hub broke and decide if you want to fix it.

Anything else is a waste of effort.

28. melbel profile image94

Alternatively, you could post your images without the signature on them. People will steal them whether or not they have the watermark on them and with technology nowadays, you can find out who is stealing your images.

Also, since you would obviously be the first person to post the picture on the Internet, Google would cache you before it would cache anyone stealing your work. So this will allow you to prove that the images are yours.

There are ways to digitally sign photos without ACTUALLY having any text on the image. Just put your information in the meta data of the image and its like signing it without any visible marring of the photo.
    --------------
    On the duplicate content thing, I've found your poems on a number of other sites. HubPages does NOT allow this, even if it's your own personal website or blog or even your FaceBook profile.

If other people are posting your poems without your permission, you may want to send them a DMCA thingie... something I've had to do lots of times to protect my writing online.

1. profile image0

melbel, I'm sorry, I thought I was careful not to have the poems on HUB anywhere else, because that was the first rule I understood coming into this and I've been careful.  I will re-check, but I'm sure of it.......

29. Rain Defence profile image79
    Rain Defenceposted 12 years ago

Does the substandard tag being Applied here have anything to do With the Random capitalisation Of words Throughout the OP's writing?

Poetic license?

30. profile image0

Marisa, yes, since day one of my first Hub (my Intro Profile Page), and succeeding Hubs of my Poetry, (I've only been on HUB less than one and a half months) the warnings appear in RED BOLD  up at the top of each of my HUBs.  The Three warnings continue to be, and have always been:  Substandard, Watermarked Images, and Personal Content (for my Profile Intro Page).  I have never received any warnings about Duplicates because I have four friends on HUB that I followed here and they guided me in some respects, especially with the rule that Hubs can appear NO WHERE else on the Web.  So I promise everyone I've made sure of that, and I've never received a Violation where that is concerned, anyway, as it should be.

Reading through each and everyone’s kind and informative responses, I've come to the conclusion that I have to pull down all my Images for starters because as a Graphics Artist, I put my Studio Design name on all images that I create, called sonnetwolf designz.  My name, of course, is Susan Joyner-Stumpf.  I do this in order to protect my work as an Artist.  That stamp is no different than me typing © Susan Joyner-Stumpf at the end of all my literary work, as a disclaimer that all rights are reserved and copyrighted to me, and that I’m claiming the truth as to all this as my original works.  This goes for all my Graphic Images, in which I’m the Artist, and feel the need to protect my hard work from being stolen and reused and reclaimed by someone else out there, which has happened to me before, so maybe that’s why I’m a little sensitive about it.  Plagiarizing is one of the worst fears of any Artist, I would imagine.  I am no different.   I’ve been writing for over 30 years; have been doing Graphic Art for over 10 years.  Received my Online Certification in Graphic Art and Web Design, plus numerous awards in both those genres, along with my Poems and Short Stories.  I’m not trying to brag here, seriously I’m not.  There’s a lot of great talent here on HUB.  I’m just stating a fact that I’ve been around the block and I’m not a new Writer fresh out of the water.  I’m partial and maternal towards my stuff, as any “parent” would be, LOL.

Others have told me another issue might be is that my Poems are too short, yet others say that Poetry should be exempt and fall under a different category than regular stories and Articles. Not all poems by Poets like myself are of epic proportions.  I write my Poems basically anywhere between 1-4 pages, 4 being the max, and rare.

I've also edited all the titles and made sure they were not in Upper Case.  The one and only email I've ever received (just a day ago) did not give me any explanations of my violations other than what appears at the top of EACH OF MY HUBS, as all of them seem to be in Violation.  The Email specifically told me to consult this Forum and to re-read the Terms & Conditions, which I read twice before I even posted my first Hub, and now have read again, and I’m more confused.

I've gone and edited as much as I could or understood, but the email also warned that if I received any more warning on new Posts, and did not fix the ones in question, my Account will be terminated.

So again, I want to thank everyone for their extreme kindness and going out of their way when I know you all are very busy to help me.  I don’t take anything for granted.  I don’t mean to make it sound like I’m complaining.  I truly was seeking only help because I would like to stay here.  I have a lot vested; I have friends here that I followed.   I’m a Member of Adsense and Google Blog and Wordpress and about 6 other online writing venues to showcase my work.  I joined hub for that reason as well as to meet other authors like myself.  I just didn’t realize this is the way I would meet so many nice people….is because I have a problem.

31. psycheskinner profile image84

And we are trying to help you.  The first step would be to replace digital signatures with freehand ones on your pictures. Once you have those hubs back up, work out what the issue with the others is.  If is it "personal" or "too short" ask for this to be re-reviewed.  That's my advice anyway.

How will "freehand" signatures be less of a violation than digital signatures. The TOS forbids any kind of watermark or authorship indication on images.

2. profile image0

thank you psycheskinner....I thank everyone.  I will go back into edit mode.

32. profile image0

Just to let everyone know, I have removed ALL images from all my Hubs.  I will just have people enjoy my Graphics from 20 other sites that I'm on, I will not be able to showcase my work here.  I can't do anything about my Profile Info being "too personal," I don't know how to change that.  I have made sure all my titles are not in Uppercase.  I have made sure my Poems appear no where else on the Web.  What i'm facing now, I guess, is that my Poems are too short.

Thank you all for your help.  I think this should be the end of this Help Forum on this matter, for there is nothing left for me to do or edit.

Thanking you all in case my Account is deleted, i've done all I can to try to understand the rules and comply.  It sure does cut back on a lot of my creativity, but at least I can express it elsewhere, I'm just limited here.
    http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5844906_f248.jpg

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image80

I don't understand the "too personal" thing in regards to your personal HP profile - but I'm going to look it over as it is now....but I dunno if I'll see whatever it is that is "too personal."

I've seen folks with HP profiles that range from a ton of "hey here's who I am" stuff - to all out sales "join this site today, it's wonderful, magic elixir that loves you long time!" - type things.

This thread is the first thing that I've ever seen about ....profile info issues.

I'm intrigued, really - I dunno how someone could be in violation of that....unless they were all like, "hey hookers, get a web cam and join my web cam hooker's delight today!!!"  Or, "yo hommies, I got enough AK 47s for sale to over throw the New World Order - the revolution starts here!"

LOL!

This is a great website - and....I dunno why it sometimes seems like someone is being picked on.  I've definitely had those thoughts...but....not as often anymore.

I absolutely LOVE Hubpages - but I don't think that you or anyone else should spend all of their energies here - I think that I'd recommend blogger to you.  I'm doing  a lot more in the way of Google's Blogger Blogs all of a sudden, as there's no moderator to speak of.

Three times a day I face the multiverse from my prayer rug and scream into the oblivion.  THERE IS NO GOOGLE BUT GOOGLE!

Wesman, I could be wrong here, but I think that she is referring to a hub that she wrote as a profile, not to her actual profile page.  If so, that hub would certainly be considered as too personal.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image80

Oh!

Well, wouldn't be the first time I've mis understood something!

Yeah - overly personal hubs....are what we call "shit that should have been on blogger."

33. rebekahELLE profile image85

Susan, one more post before I finish decorating my tree.

From the email you received:

"Hi Susan,

Your hubs have been moderated for a variety of reasons.  It appears that a few of your non-poetry hubs have been moderated as substandard because they are short (http://sonnetwolf1.hubpages.com/hub/SUS … MPFS-BOOKS) and do not provide enough information that isn't purely personal (http://sonnetwolf1.hubpages.com/hub/SUS … S-HUB-PAGE).

That simply refers to those two hubs, not your Hubpages profile page http://sonnetwolf1.hubpages.com/, or your poems.

"I reviewed some of your poetry hubs, and it appears that several have been moderated for containing watermarked images."

This refers only to the hubs which contain an image with your logo, not all of your images.
    [the bold and italics are mine]

If you want to keep your work here, you'll have to make sure you only use those images without your logo. A hub doesn't need a lot of photos. Sometimes one is adequate.

I also found this hub written by another hubber which tells more about you and your work. http://lovebuglena.hubpages.com/hub/The … rtist-More  Impressive talent.

This seems to clarify things rather a lot.

34. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 12 years ago

On the matter of watermarks and putting in copyright graphics into pictures:

Here is the FAQ entry:
    http://hubpages.com/faq/#pixelated-watermarks
    and the Learning Center entry:
    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Mode … ow-Quality

Jason, or someone on HP staff,

In the FAQ, it states 'images that contain prominent watermarks are prohibited.'
      In the learning center, it states, 'conspicuous watermarks'.

What makes a watermark prominent or conspicuous?

Do the images in this cached hub of her contain prohibited 'watermarks'? 
      http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s … =firefox-a
      Thanks for your assistance.

I did find an interesting article about watermarks which may be of interest to those who use them.
      http://blog.photoshelter.com/2010/09/wa … ging-your/

1. Jason Menayan profile image60

From what I've understood, any visible watermark could potentially be moderated, but it might very well be a judgment call by the moderator. I will check on Wednesday when I have a meeting with the moderators to see what they say.

Thanks for that blog post. Visible watermarks will not necessarily protect photographs from being copied, unfortunately. The Learning Center entry mentions a way you can apply an "invisible" watermark through Digimarc.

To deter unintentional appropriation, a copyright message can be added to the picture's caption. For those who copy images intentionally, the best thing to do is find them when they're used and file DMCA requests to have them removed.

Jason, Does  a DMCA request also apply when we found that someone cropped out any identifying sections?  One of my images that I created has been used by a couple of Hubbers, cropped and changed to grey scale. I assume to try to make it look different. I had reported these but nothing was ever done about it.

I'm not an expert on copyright law, but I would assume that making modifications to a copyrighted image does not abrogate the copyright. I believe the copyright owner can decide whether derivative works can be made with their work.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image58
              MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Derivative works without artists permission are a violation of copyright. You are right.

2. Glenn Stok profile image96

So why didn't I get a reply from HP when I reported it?

You might have to file a DMCA complaint. I would contact the moderation team to see how you should proceed.

Okay, I had previously used the flag button, But I just followed your link and I'll file an actual DMCA Complaint with HP. Thanks Jason.

1. American View profile image60

Glenn,

I have reported many copyright violations and it seems nothing ever happens. Not sure why. I thought it was a violation of TOS but if they do not remeove it, so I guess you need to file the complaint. But does that make HP remove the picture in question? I like HP but like the originator of this thread, the is no consistancy with what goes on. I to get flagged on some hubs for duplication even though they are not. But it is consistantly on the same topic. I would be very disappointed if they were unpublishing based on personal opinions rather than by the TOS

2. relache profile image73
          relacheposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Digimarc watermarks can be destroyed very easily and I have several professional photographer friends who consider them worthless for that reason.

I suppose digital watermarks of all types can be destroyed. There is no foolproof way to prevent someone from stealing photographs, but you can file DMCA complaints and reputable sites will take the unauthorized work down.

3. capricornrising profile image60

Unfortunately, also, many of us do not have the resources to purchase Digimarc's services. I've also noticed that my images' meta data are removed when I upload my images into my hubs. I wonder if anyone else has noticed this.

2. Jason Menayan profile image60

I discussed this with the moderation team today.

It is a bit of a fine line, but very inconspicuous watermarks (i.e. very small and out of the way, not in any way distracting from the image) will probably pass a moderator's test. However, the only safe guarantee is to not have visible watermarks whatsoever.

You can put a copyright message in the image's caption, if you like, but that will only deter scrupulous people. Unscrupulous people, however, will not be deterred by a watermark; they often have technologies to strip them out.

Jason, neither of those really answers the question, because it doesn't define what "prominent" means.  Sonnet's were very small, but I'm sure I saw Maddie saying even a small notice wasn't acceptable.

35. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 12 years ago

Susan, I just got through reading through this entire forum thread.

First of all, Susan, I want to start by saying that you should not give up.  I did read one of your Hubs via Google's cache and I also read Lena's Hub about you. You do have a lot to offer and you have tremendous credentials.  You have achieved an awful lot of success and you are a tribute to the writing community.   So please don't give up.

With that said, all you have to do is iron out the problems that simply have to do with a few things that don't presently match up with the rules of standards for publishing on HubPages (which I feel should apply to any writing platform, but that’s a different issue). 

Everyone here in this thread has given you a lot of useful ideas. But I also see some confusion, maybe because there is so much to absorb here.

So allow me to put this in perspective...

Your profile is fine. There is nothing wrong with a profile being personal. After all, that’s what a profile is all about!  If you had a hub that you wrote to portray your profile, then THAT is what HP must be referring to.  If you had something more you wanted to say about yourself, consider adding it to your profile, not to a Hub. Anyway, that already was suggested by at least one other Hubber, but I think you might have missed those posts.

If you had received warnings for images containing your own watermark or your own copyright, I wonder if the problem is simply that HP did not know this is your copyright.  I say that because I see you used your real name in your copyright notice but that is not the same as your HP user name..."sonnetwolf1".

I personally have placed my own copyright notice in images that I have created and I never had any trouble. The terms of service state that images should not have a conspicuous watermark. If that is how you are protecting your images, then I am sure that's the problem. I place my copyright as text in a corner of the image, not as a watermark. I never got moderated for that. And I don't see anything in the terms that say anything against placing a text copyright in an image.

As for the other issues, too short or whatever, I see Jason already posted a comment stating that detailed replies were sent to you the same day.  So you must have also gotten some automatically generated emails that suggest reading the TOS, as you indicated you got. But I bet the good stuff from live people on the HP team somehow got lost or filtered by your Spam filter. Spam filters are sometimes too overzealous and misjudge the real and important emails. Check your Spam folder as Jason recommended, and add hubpages.com to your white list so they don’t get filtered out.

I look forward to reading your Hubs once you get all this resolved.

This is a very good and detailed response, Sonnet, and I hope you'll take time to read it carefully.

2. profile image0

Glen  Thank you for the detailed info.  I have made note and taking care of.

36. psycheskinner profile image84

Was it on a hub?  Did you flag the hub and link to the original?

If you did and the hub stayed up, email them.

I assume you are referring to my post. This was some time ago, but as I recall I reported it via the flag button in the Hub. It's still there.

If the work is not watermarked you would need to link to the original and assert copyright.  otherwise all they have is a flag and a picture. They can't see what was infringed.

37. brakel2 profile image73
    brakel2posted 12 years ago

If your poems are short you can write on the subject of what inspired you to write each one. Some writers have lengthy additions to poem hubs with interesting information. Good luck.

38. profile image0

I thank every single one of you for such invaluable help.  I have heeded each and every post and have made necessary changes.  Until I understand the Imaging aspect of the Rules, I have removed all my Graphics.  I have made sure my titles are not in Upper case.  I have removed anything I consider to be Superfluous content.  The only thing I see hanging over my head now is my Poems being short and for some of them, as brake12 recommended, I added a brief reason I wrote the poem without giving too much away.

When you add the brief reason you wrote the poem, make sure your total word count is at least 300. I know you don't want to give away the background of the poems, but maybe you can add more lengthy preliminary text by considering it as an introduction and description of the poem. Just a thought.

39. psycheskinner profile image84

So, there is a watermark and a duplicate issue and using a hub as a profile.

Hubpages rules may not be something we all agree with, but you have to know them and follow them if you use this site.

1. profile image0

I've  removed all the images;   I've gone back and made sure All my Posts on HUB are no where else.   Now I'm just concerned the Poems might be too short but I'm editing those as well from suggestions to add a small commentary before the Poem.   Hope that works.  Thanks everyone again for all their help.  I surely do appreciate it.

Sonnetwolf - the last thing you'll want to make sure to do is to delete your two "profile hubs" (your first "bio" hub and your "book list" hub) and move all that information into your actual profile, if it isn't there already. Good luck!

1. profile image0

Capricornrising, I went and deleted the Hub that was like another Profile.  Thank you and I'm sorry, I didn't know better.

When you say you've "made sure" all your poems are on HubPages and nowhere else - does that mean you've only just deleted the poems on other sites?

That may be your problem.  When you delete something from a website, it takes some time to disappear from Google. So even though it no longer exists at the other site, it will still trigger the automatic duplicate filter. 

You need to allow time for the poems to disappear from the Google cache.

1. saddlerider1 profile image59

So Marisa am I understanding this correctly. As long as you POST FIRST on the Hubs you can place a Hub on another site? As that is the message I read when I review the terms and regulations at the Hubs. However if one takes writings they have at other sites and then place them at the Hubs that is considered DUPLICATION? If I am of the wrong thinking can you please direct me to the correct reading in the terms and conditions to posting in the Hubs. Much appreciated.

As far as I knew, you weren't allowed to post hubs elsewhere at all. I'll have to look into that. :S

Edit: It doesn't say anything about posting anywhere after first publishing something on HubPages:
            http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Mode … te-Content

But you might want to shoot an email to the mods.

1. profile image0

melbel   thats my understanding now too.  Anywhere else on the Web will be considered a Duplicate no matter what so I will diligently make sure my Hubs are nowhere else.  Hope I haven't overlooked anything.  It's surely not intentional and I thought I had taken care of the matter before joining Hub.

2. wilderness profile image96

Forget trying to redefine the term "duplicate" or read into it something that isn't there.

If a hub has a duplicate anywhere on the web then it is a duplicate itself.  Where that copy is, who put it there, why it is there, or even when it was put there doesn't matter.  The only exception is that HP understands that thieves abound, will post duplicates and will not penalize you for the work of thieves.  If the duplication comes from you, either in the form of copying something into a hub or copying a hub to put somewhere else the hub will be unpublished. 

Duplicate material is not allowed on HP, except in small percentages when compared to the total size of a hub.  This allows limited quoting, or the use of photos in use elsewhere, but only in very limited amounts.

As Wilderness says, if your Hub is posted elsewhere AFTER you've posted it on HubPages, HubPages will not penalize you - because it recognises the copy may be someone else stealing it, not you. 

However, it's not advisable because you're just creating competition for yourself.  If you post the same article in multiple places, only one of them will rank well on Google, and you want to be sure it's the one with the highest income potential. 

A better idea is to post similar articles elsewhere, with a link back to your high-earning article on that topic.

2. profile image0

Marisa, Yes, I went and deleted them .....wonder why they are still showing up?  Is the Cache deal?  But I did.....I printed out the Hubs I have, which is not many, compared them to the other sites, and made positive assurances they are not on these other sites, unless I overlooked, will most definitely double check again.  I apologize.  I thought I had taken care of the matter before joining Hub.

3. profile image0

Marisa, that's what i'm thinking.................it may take a while to show up as deleted items.

Sonnet, you may appreciate it, but are you reading it?  Maybe you've been confused by the number of different posts.

Here's a summary of what your problems are:

Watermarked images - you've removed these, so that's no longer a problem.

Duplicate content - some of your poems are still on other blogs.  Mel has twice given you the links to some of them, and you've ignored her posts.

Length - Hubs in the Poetry section are EXEMPT from the length rule, so stop worrying about that.  The red warning at the top of your Hub is automated but because Poetry is exempt, you can safely ignore it.

Personal content - you have a Profile to post information about yourself.  You're not supposed to use Hubs for biographical content - so delete those two Hubs and move the content to your Profile, where it belongs.

Messing around with formatting and other tweaks won't make any difference if you don't address the duplicate and personal content issues.

Finally, I do recommend you send a sample image to team @ HubPages and ask them whether your copyright text is acceptable or not.

1. profile image0

Yes, Marisa, thank you.  I think I do understand now.  I have removed all Images.  I have deleted the Hub was that like a Profile because I didn't know any better.  I had a list of all my Hubs and went and double checked to make sure they are not on Wordpress and Writing.com, or Facebook., the sites I showcase my work the most.  I will check other ones that I may have overlooked.  i'm sorry, I'm on so many sites its hard to keep up with.  Should have read Terms and Conditions until I fully understood before posting anything.  I had hoped that my friends that guided me here would have told me a few more thing, but I know they are busy.

2. profile image0

Marisa, I'm sorry.  I was not ignoring anyone's comments.  I have read each one carefully.  It's been a bit overwhelming.  Besides all this, I have some personal issues going on too.     A death in the family ....an animal's death...so ...I'm doing the best I can.  I want to tell you I have gone back to these sites  and they are gone from there on my end....does it take a while to disappear?  I will keep checking but I thought I had mare sure before joining HUb as that was one of the rules I did understand before joining as I followed friends over here.

1. profile image0

Again, I apologize to everyone.

Susan, there's no need at all to apologize.

I'm happy to see your very fine poem republished. Hopefully, the rest of them will soon return also. I'm glad to see so many have reached out to offer assistance.
              Things are looking up! smile

This poem was one of the poems I read during the contest which moved me deeply.

1. profile image0

Thank you rebekahELLE, I am trying to take care of everything.  I even took advice and went and added a Summary to each.

2. melbel profile image94

The poem on the first link I sent along is down now, but the other two are still up (not cached.)

No need to apologize, though. I'm sure we've all broken (or at least slightly bent) the rules at one time or another. It happens, especially to those new to the site. If you ever feel overwhelmed by something or have a question, just ask.

If you're ever REALLY bored (or just generally curious), I recommend checking out the learning center:
              http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

WAIT! Before clicking that link, I want you to know right off the bat that there is a LOT of information in there. Just pick and choose some things that sound interesting.

You write really beautiful poetry and I'm glad you decided to stick around. HubPages can be frustrating to learn at first. There is just so much information thrown at you at once.

We recently lost a pet and it was really rough. They're not just pets, they're children.
              I'm really sorry about your loss. sad

1. profile image0

Thank you melbel. Yes, I just lost my Shih Tzu, she was 14 years old, so I know she lived a good life, but you are never prepared.  My horse is dying of Cancer and the Vet said he cannot save her.  About the Hubs, I searched again on Worpress and Writing.com and deleted...Inkspot is part of writng.com so that should be taken care of too.  I have added a Summary to all my Hubs; removed images; and hopefully caught anything that was duplicate and the ones i'm deleting now, the three you found, and again i'm sorry, I deleted, they were overlooked and it won't happen again.  To avoid this in the future, all poems or anything I write on HUB will from now on be brand new and never posted and I won't post anywhere else.  If I want to post on the other sites, I will make sure that poem or whatever is not on HUB.  Hub will have the only Item.  I think I'm getting it.

40. psycheskinner profile image84

It seems some of your previous Hubs (I once was) were on other sites?

I hope you get your hubs up again soon.

1. profile image0

psycheskinner, yes I went and checked and caught 99% of them ....most i thought I had taken off before joining Hub because I knew that Rule before I joined through five friends on here.  The ones that people on this Forum caught....I'm sorry I overlooked and fixed the problem immediately.  It was not done intentionally.  I thought I had taken care of the matter and I apologize to the group.

41. melbel profile image94

No, her stuff is still live in other places. She hasn't taken it down:

susanjoynerstumpf.wordpress.com/2011/11/16/i-once-was

inkspot.com/main/view_item/item_id/1293279-I-ONCE-WAS

writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1293279-I-ONCE-WAS

1. profile image0

melbel   again   I apologize   I thought I had taken 100% down before joining.  I guess i accidently overlooked those three unless it was deleted right away and was in cache and didn't show up yet as a deleted file?  But anyway, I have gone back and taken care of immediately.  I hope that issue is solved, even though I never received a Duplicate Warning.

1. Chuck Bluestein profile image62
        Chuck Bluesteinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

When I click on your HP name is says: Sorry, this user has been banned from HubPages

2. Trish_M profile image80
      Trish_Mposted 12 years ago

Hi smile

This thread intrigued me. It seemed that this Hubber was a very talented, but somewhat overwhelmed, Newbie, who was desperately trying to do the right thing.

I think that the various rules and warning messages have overwhelmed many of us at times.

I decided to check out this lady's work and was surprised to dicover that she had been banned.

3. rebekahELLE profile image85

Banned? ...

4. psycheskinner profile image84

Either more is going on than we saw, or a flurry of attempted fixes that didn't address the actual problems, got too much for Hubstaff?

From the response by the staffer in the thread, I'm going to guess the first one. Unless she kept submitting hubs for approval without making changes. Nevertheless, she was a good poet. It's a shame, but it happens. Hopefully she doesn't take it to heart.

5. Rosie2010 profile image67
      Rosie2010posted 12 years ago

I was also intrigued by the support and advice the OP got from fellow hubbers and was surprised to see this on OP's profile page...

sonnetwolf1
      Sorry, this user has been banned from HubPages.

6. rebekahELLE profile image85

Thanks Jason, I remember you mentioned that you would speak with them.  In this particular case, with her name on some of her images, is this considered conspicuous? http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s … =firefox-a  I wouldn't consider it conspicuous.

I guess with some of these fine lines, hubbers aren't always sure when it's crossed.

I'm sorry to hear about sonnetwolf.

Yes, I believe the those images' watermarks would probably not cause a moderation problem.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)