Am I ignorant?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (29 posts)
  1. mischeviousme profile image62
    mischeviousmeposted 12 years ago

Am I ignorant by choosing another way? Or am I ignorant because I don't see it your way? If anyone can answer these questions honestly and without prejudice, then I'll give them points for being polite.

1. pennyofheaven profile image80
      pennyofheavenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You are normal.

2. LookingForWalden profile image60
      LookingForWaldenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You only become ignorant for denying the existence of another way or immediately dismissing it without exploring what it has to offer.
      From what I've read by you I would say you are in no danger of being called ignorant in this context.

3. kess profile image60
      kessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you know that  everything  must have their roots in nothing, then it is expected that knowledge must originate from ig orance.

So one is his ignorance will choose a way and call it his ...when he finds other along that way it gives him confidence.

Now  ignorance and knowledge appears the same to the ignorant but is different as light and dark to knowledge.

So when one realises he is knowledge he will choose another way but then that way will be the way indeed. but it still remains his own way even when others are along that path.

So One must continue along the ignorant path and even that path is his ...until he sees the Light and he is no longer ignorant but Knowledge.

Now he will choose another way wwhich is merely a continuation of His own way, But it is different from his previous path.

For the light is the light of Truth and it is you.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol lol

2. mischeviousme profile image62
        mischeviousmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Look at it this way. It has been my experience in the past, that some religious individuals, will deny that one is enlightened, until he/she joins their way of thinking or their sect of religion. One does not have to be religious, in fact most truly enlightened beings are not religious at all. They might have started out that way, but just like Budha (who was raised Hindu) and Jesus (who was raised Jewish) pretty much renounced their respective religions, yet people follow them.

It is my contention, that they never intended to impart any religion to their followers, they were simply attempting to lead others into enlightenment. They were trying to get people to think for themselves. I feel I should think for myself and yes, I have been religious in the past, I have just found my own path. You either see it my way or you don't, it doesn't matter. For the religious it does matter, because "look another heathen" and they say "Oh God, we can't let him/her think for themselves, we've got to make them think the way we do before it's to late and there are more individuals".

That's how I feel about it. I hope I am not insulting anyone, it is just how I feel and that is all.

4. Reality Bytes profile image74
      Reality Bytesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ignorance is a lack of knowledge, information, or education.  If you are aware of the fact that you do not know all that there is to be known then you accept that all human beings are ignorant to an extent.

If you are seeking knowledge, information, and education then you are far from being ignorant.

An ignorant person does not accept the fact that he/she lacks knowledge, information, and education.  This to me is true ignorance.

Since you are questioning things then I would not call you ignorant.

5. jacharless profile image74
      jacharlessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is erroneous, to the greatest prefecture, to consider "ignorance".
      The sheer instance of recognizing a quest, nullifies the instance.

It is not necessary to consider the question, nor its opposition -its ha-satan, so to speak; the quid pro quo, parallels, that make up "Need To Know" Syndication.

"We are not wise because we are fools; we are not fools because we are enlightened.

impasse eternium

Forgive my slap on the wrist, but for someone of such [a] discipline, you appear strangely conflicted. I will not ask 'why' you are compelled with such an affliction, such a dis-ease or disease, but will ask: what lends you to even entertain the notion of the slightest imperfection of your being...

If nothing else is foolish, if ignorance even exists, that in itself is it.

James

6. The Stages Of ME profile image80
      The Stages Of MEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ignorance I suppose we are all ignorant to some degree depending on situation and or understanding.  To not have experienced a situation or to have been opened to the knowledge of its existence places me in a state of ignorance.  In the same vein though you are wonderfully made and have been designed specific to the creators specifications.  I am not to ever judge for there but by the grace of God am I not in the seat of judgement in any given circumstance.  I will truly attempt to treat others as images of God and to treat someone poorly do to my lack of understanding or agreement places me in that seat of judgement automatically. ~ Peace

7. A Troubled Man profile image58
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I would have to say that you would be ignorant by your need to ask us that question.

8. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

peaceful coexistence, not being ignorant but perhaps lack of respect for others wants, decisions etc

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Every human being on the planet is ignorant in some capacity or another.

But, to answer your questions- (a) Am I ignorant by choosing another way? I would say that you lack understanding of your life since you seem to be choosing a "spiritual" path, which happens to be a mystics mentality. And (b) Or am I ignorant because I don't see it your way? You don't need to see things MY way, but understanding your own life is the only true way you can be a benefit to humanity as an individual.

"MY" way is brought on by an understanding of life achieved through knowledge(including experience) and wisdom(discerned truth, which is universal for all humanity). I've reached an understanding that yes all questions have answers, but not all questions "need" be answered and at times the truth remains that certain questions have no need to be answered is the actual answer.

So, you decide for yourself. If you see yourself as ignorant, then half the battle is already over.

I'm 34 years old, which means I have a long way to go before I have a working thesis. I know I'm ignorant, but by being human, I also have tools with which to learn. Such as questions and my own feelings.

I'm 43 years old and I just explained mine pretty much. However, I have more hubs that are in greater detail.

From what I've gathered through knowledge(including experience) and wisdom(discerned truth), I have laid out the underlying standard and meaning of what it means to be human, so people are able to read and comprehend all of it.
        Good, don't stop learning. The more you learn(gain knowledge including experience), then the less ignorant you will become, as well as, you'll also gain a new clarity for everything newly learned because it's just one piece to a larger puzzle of understanding life(your own).
        Understanding your emotions? Is just that, understanding of emotions. All emotions are the same for all, each are labeled and felt. As to questions? I'm positive you'll always have questions, but when you reach the clarity in understanding your own life, you will realize what I said above about questions is actual wisdom(discerned truth).

This a challenge I put fourth earlier. It's akin to that of a Zen practice. Though I am not a Budhist, just so preconcieved notions don't wiggle their way in.

Try to feel your mind or your brain if you choose. The result should be stillness. All of your senses will turn on because you are not trying to use them. This is what they meant when they said "Be still".

Still the mind and let the world do what it does. All things come from nothingness; all thoughts, all feelings. But feelings are more than that. They are how we interperate the world. We really don't see or hear anything, actually, we feel with those organs.

By this I mean, they are connected to clusters of nerves and they conjure a response, much in the same way we feel with our fingers and skin. I feel the way I do and it doesn't mean I'm wrong. Nor does it mean I'm right for that matter.

I am fully conscious of my mind. If you attempt to feel your brain from inside you will be unable to do so because your own awareness gets in the way and there's no way around it. Even in meditation, it's a fool's errand to completely clear your mind, just for the pure and simple fact that in order for you to clear your mind, you must focus on doing it, which still puts the thoughts in your mind about clearing your mind.
            There cannot be stillness of the mind. It's not meant to be still, which is why people dream and during conscious hours the imagination runs wild even when they don't want it to.
            All my senses are turned on. They are constantly running, including the subconscious which is the most active part of the mind and brain.
            The first part as I just explained isn't achievable. Secondly the world is going to do what it does regardless of what I do. So what's the point?
            BS. Nothing comes from nothingness. All thoughts come from the sub-conscious and a consciously active mind. All feelings are automatic, instinctive/reactionary. Feelings come from something also, not nothingness.
            And where in the world did you learn this? Sounds like you're reading too much mystic thinking philosophies, which are meaningless.
            Well, you're either right or wrong. And, from what I've learned you're not right. However, I can tell you one thing, when you truly learn to love yourself, then your feelings for each and every single person presently living and having died, so humanity can continue to live on, will touch you deep in your heart and there's nothing like it in the world.

So, I guess I'll ask you one question- Do you love yourself? And, if you say yes, then my follow up question- Would you give up your life for a complete stranger?

How you answer those two questions will determine where you are in your life and you understanding of said life.

I guess it depends on the stranger. This is written language, so the subtle nuances in spoken language are lost. If I amuse you than I have done my job.

Meditation is a daily undertaking and one will never feel their mind in a day. But this is not what I mean by feel. What I mean is, be yourself truly. You don't need anyone's help, but that does not mean that their experience is meaningless.

If I cut myself, do you feel it? No. You can't, it's impossible. I posted this not to argue, but to state how "I" feel about it. I know nothing, but I do feel a certain way and to me, it's absolutely right.

Then you don't truly love yourself. Btw- you didn't answer that question.
                Amuse me? No, you don't amuse me.
                I am myself. I cannot be anyone else and I've accepted my faults, just as I accept you and your faults. Why? Because, I love you, just like I love myself and I would be willing to give up my life in exchange for yours if need be.
                I didn't say their experiences were meaningless. I said mystic thinking philosophies are meaningless.
                And, you're completely dismissing the fact that you could have absolutely deceived yourself, considering you don't love yourself.

Good day. I done with you. It's apparent that you prefer to live by mystic thinking than anything else, especially rational thinking. Good luck learning to love yourself.

Fools believe they are wise, yet fools can become wise. The wise can become fools. The wise are people that believe they are fools and so on. You presume to know me and this is foolish.

I do not believe in God, though I do feel there is one. I don't think, I feel. Thinking is therefor, another device of the foolish. To think therefor I am is a primitive statement, but there are still great thinkers. I never presumed to know you nor do I care to. I was, as I stated before, looking for polite and unbiased answers. All presumptions must be left at the door, so to speak.

Fools cannot become wise, because once a fool has greater knowledge(including experience) then they are no longer fools. I don't presume to know you and you jumping to the assumption that I do is what's foolish. I'm simply going by your words. Your words(are actions) which reveal what knowledge(including experience) and wisdom, you supposedly possess.
                    Good for you. It's nice to see you attribute something you're unable to identify to feelings.
                    And, this would be a problem for you, just unknown to you. roll
                    Unbiased answers? You're funny, considering you're calling those who think foolish.

3. arksys profile image84
    arksysposted 12 years ago

you are not ignorant ... you have a veil in front of your eyes obstructing your vision, therefore you might not be able to see what i see and similarly i might not be able to see what you can see with a different kind of veil over my eyes.

1. profile image57
      SanXuaryposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I would rather be ignorant then guilty of knowing the truth and despising it. When there is no penalty for learning something and attempting to find the answer then there is no reason to not explore it. Unfortunately, there are many people who believe that you must embrace their ideas and meet their requirements to be a part of their establishment. It does not matter what establishment it is and even if you have a better idea or even a challenging question you may face condemnation. The free thinker never condemns and understands that free will entitles you to your own journey and personal relationship and does not require the club membership of those who do not. The quest in Heaven influences your decisions on Earth but Earthly things are a make smoke screen to such purposes. If you can not find purpose in Heaven first you can not see Heaven or its purpose. No one on Earth can take you there and no Judgement by them can influence your personal relationship between you and God and your own journey towards spiritual maturity and growth.

1. arksys profile image84
        arksysposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree ... it is a personal relationship between you and God and in most cases the establishment is not the problem, but the people in the establishments create the problems. I've been frowned upon a number of times when i challenge my establishment or practices which are more a part of culture rather than the requirements of the establishment.

4. skyfire profile image81
    skyfireposted 12 years ago

http://fapit.net/imgs/1261/choices_02.jpg

Remember God loves you. smile

5. Druid Dude profile image60
    Druid Dudeposted 12 years ago

WE are ignorant because we are human beings. We all have our epiphanies, and our blindnesses. None of us knows anything for sure. We are all right, and we are all wrong. We have all been made wise, and we are all deceived.

That's the closest thing to what I've been saying all along. I wish more people would think the same way or at least consider it. I'm not trying to change anybody's opinion, I just want for people to be a little more open minded is all.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)