What Am I Doing Wrong

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)
  1. sweetzara profile image76
    sweetzaraposted 12 years ago

I have posted seven hubs with interesting topics accompanied by images and links etc. Yet I've not even come close to making 50 cents... What am I doing wrong? Do people really make money on hubpages?

1. lobobrandon profile image88
      lobobrandonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey sweetzara I made no more than 30 cents the first month but now I make a minimum of 30 cents each day - that's great isn't it for just 15 hubs big_smile

sweetzaraposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey thats great! maybe there is hope for me after a few more hubs! smile

2. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 12 years ago

Read this section, http://hubpages.com/success/

Notice how much work it takes and how many Hubs those people have and how long they've been with the site.

Then go read this, http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

Then start writing more Hubs.  And be patient.  Earnings take effort, time and skill.

thanks relache.

3. brittanytodd profile image88
    brittanytoddposted 12 years ago

I agree with relache.  You need to write hubs that are going to be searched for on Google and create a reputation on social networking sites.  Some of your hubs are very personal and I don't know how well they will do traffic-wise because of their content. 

I am pretty new here, but I have almost published 100 hubs and the amount I have been making per day has steadily increased.  I think it is because of the amount of content I have produced, my evergreen content that appears on the first pages of search engines and the relationships I have built on this site with my followers and those I follow. 

It takes time to start earning, but I believe it will be a great investment in the end.

To meet more people on here, increase traffic and possibly earn more, you may want to try the 30 hubs in 30 days challenge.  Hope this helps!

thanks brittanytodd that makes a lot of sense... I would love to do the 30 hubs in 30 days challenge but I don't think I'll be about to churn them out quite so fast unless I quit my day job!

1. brittanytodd profile image88
        brittanytoddposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh, of course.  It takes a long time.  Maybe you set goals for yourself anyway that will cause you to produce more content that is searchable on Google.  Also, participate in the weekly topic inspiration or answer questions by writing a hub.  This will bring traffic as well as inspire you to make useful  hubs that people want to read.

4. flowmeter profile image60
    flowmeterposted 12 years ago

Wow, so you could make 30 cents a day with 15 Hubs. What else must you do?

1. CyclingFitness profile image88
      CyclingFitnessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

30 cents a day sounds perfectly reasonable with the right material and hard work. In fact I have one hub that some days has been getting around halfway towards that and honestly with minimal backlinking

Personal writings often don't tend to address the needs of a viewer through Google.

Always ask yourself the question 'How is a reader going to come across this information?' as if you can't see a ways someone would search for it then your initial hard work in writing will likely be wasted unless you can find an entrance source.

5. barryrutherford profile image76
    barryrutherfordposted 12 years ago

I have written a couple of hubs on the issue

thanks barryrytherford! will check it out.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)