Xbox 360 or PS3?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (21 posts)
  1. profile image49
    keith 39posted 12 years ago

I have an xbox and love it, and I have no complaints but I was wondering what is so great about the PS3 that makes it so much better than the Xbox?

1. David 470 profile image82
      David 470posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I must admit, I was a playstation 2 user for years, however, since it was difficult to get my hands on a ps3, I ended up buying an Xbox 360.

In terms of technicality, the ps3 is superior. This is a fact.  PS3 has better graphics and also has a blu ray player.

However, in my opinion, I think xbox live has a better community. Xbox live has party chat, which allows you to speak to 7 other players(while playing or doing anything on xbox live). It also has private chat, but that has been around for a long time.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think PS3 has a party chat where you can talk to multiple people, except that PS3 home thing -- which is not a chat system exactly....

The bad thing about the Xbox 360 is that you need to pay to play. And PS3 is free -- which makes the PS3 superior in that aspect.

I think the Xbox 360 is the best console this generation, but the PS2 was the best last generation.

Oh, and don't forget that the PS3 network got hacked a few months back this year. This NEVER happened with Xbox live

2. A Troubled Man profile image58
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There are some obvious advantages to the superior PS3 hardware and the fact it comes with a really good blue ray player, not to mention the online network usage is free.

Some will say that a free network would be inferior to one in which customers paid a monthly fee, but recently the Sony Network was hacked and as a result, Sony rebuilt their entire network from scratch with state of the art equipment. It runs very well compared with the Xbox network.

And, it's still free.

3. nickm6556 profile image60
      nickm6556posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I also love the Xbox360 and really can't figure out why a lot of my friends prefer the PS3. However, most of my friends also share the xbox 360 love like myself big_smile.

4. Fullerman5000 profile image55
      Fullerman5000posted 12 years agoin reply to this

i love my ps3. my friend has an xbox and its really good too. but i have always been a playstation person. i never jumped on that xbox bandwagon because i knew sony would come out with something better.

2. Richieb799 profile image77
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

Hows your traffic doing Dave? a lot of people have seen a dramatic drop, mine is still soaring

1. David 470 profile image82
      David 470posted 12 years agoin reply to this

A dramatic drop? That is the opposite for me. My traffic increased about 100%. I am not getting as many views as I did last december, but of course, that was prepanda and around Holidays.

Even though my views are nowhere near where I want them to be, I am pretty excited because most of my views are coming from articles published last year in 2010. (at the end)

I think I am going to commit myself part-time or full-time on here because some of my hubs have had huge success. I deleted a lot of my hubs, however, and will likely delete more. Some of them were just useless.

One hub of mine still fascinates me because in 9 months, it has reached nearly 100,000 views!! I see a lot of potential here for other hubs because this hub was written in like 20 minutes last year!! I edited it later though for common errors.

3. johncimble profile image51
    johncimbleposted 12 years ago

I believe the PS3 has a much better media center functionality over the Xbox, also Blue ray is a big factor too now that Sony won the war a while back now for their HD format.

4. Johnrr631992 profile image84
    Johnrr631992posted 12 years ago

I grew up with Playstation products, from playstation 1, then to 2, and was gonna get the third. But after Xbox 360 came out, my friends mainly, persuaded me to go and buy a 360. And i am 100% glad i did. The online experience is like no other since you are given a headset with your system if you get live then you have your headset, And although there are a lot of kids or trash talking, if you go on nights like i usually do, its usually more the adult group and a much more overall fun experience.

5. charles2029 profile image62
    charles2029posted 12 years ago

Hard to pick, I love them both...  Xbox LIVE is definitely a better online experience, but the PS3 has so many great games.

6. sushantkshr profile image65
    sushantkshrposted 12 years ago

I m all for the new XBOX 360 Slim.....even though i have a PS2 i was in no mood to buy a PS3......
    The XBox 360 Slim

7. jonte2020 profile image60
    jonte2020posted 12 years ago

Seems like previous Playstation owners are going over to Xbox. I had the original Xbox, then I bought the PS3 tongue

After 2 years of only having the PS3 (Phat) I bought a Xbox 360 Elite since a lot of my friends were playing on XBL.

According to me, Playstation 3 is better on everything:
    Graphics
    Speed
    Multimedia
    Settings
    3D play
    Blu-ray

The only thing the Xbox has that I wish the PS3 would get is the XBL cross chat (you can chat with your friends any time over the Xbox menu)

1. Nexusx2 profile image61
      Nexusx2posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have been a sony fan since PS1 so I bought the PS3 despite the price. It was really worth it. I don't really play games that much any more but I do take advantage of the media server and the blue ray player. Plus I really don't like the big controller on the xbox system.

8. RadAdMusic profile image59
    RadAdMusicposted 12 years ago

simple breakdown:
    xbox 360 for playing with people online (xbox live destroys PSN)
    xbox 360 for motion (kinect is amazing)

ps3 for exclusives (tend to have better/more exclusives)
    ps3 for blu-ray (also many games come on one disc that take multiple discs on 360)

wii for exclusives (nintendo has some awesome games, and zelda!)

9. evvy_09 profile image59
    evvy_09posted 12 years ago

Xbox 360 girl here. In fact I have two so I don't have to share with my husband.  Makes us have to be more careful with what games we buy, sometimes having to buy two copies.  Though I really do miss some games I played on the PS2.

10. Samuel Songungou profile image60
    Samuel Songungouposted 12 years ago

The XBOX 360 is a better deal...its more affordable and it does everything! Sony always charges higher than competition...

11. mattforte profile image89
    mattforteposted 12 years ago

The most simple answer?
    The 360 is approaching it's technological limits with the current games. You aren't going to see them get much better from here on out from a technological standpoint.
    The PS3 however is still just tapping into it's technological capabilities. By the time the next XBox comes out, the PS3 will probably be able to keep up with it - and you won't have to buy a new system.

1. A Troubled Man profile image58
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm assuming then, that game developers must pander to the lowest common denominator of technologies when they develop games? That being the Xbox?

12. profile image0
    icountthetimesposted 12 years ago

I own an XBox360, but all of my friends own PS3s so I can't play against them online sad.

13. emrldphx profile image62
    emrldphxposted 12 years ago

I think it mostly boils down to games, and if you need the blu-ray.

Personally, I hate the PS controller. The Xbox joysticks and triggers are so smooth there is no thought in precise controls. Both have good exclusives, Kinect is awesome for party games and kids, Forza 4 and Fable are amazing...

Simple answer: have both smile

14. profile image0
    zEric7xposted 12 years ago

I own a Xbox 360 and I enjoy it very much. It does everything I want it to.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)