Is the 100 hubs in 10 days challenge worth doing to increase Adsense $

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (42 posts)
  1. barryrutherford profile image75
    barryrutherfordposted 12 years ago

I would start with 30 Hubs in 30 days & see how you go.  And yes it will help  I wrote a hub on this !

2. mary615 profile image82
    mary615posted 12 years ago

I swear I don't drink, cause if I did, I'd think my brain was hung over this morning!

3. LeanMan profile image78
    LeanManposted 12 years ago

I had no idea that the American Indians wanted to do a 100 hubs in 10 days challenge! However if they need our help I am sure that we would all help out in any way we could..... But doing 100 hubs in 10 days on a new domain could get you sandboxed and would not help the $ at all... lol

1. lobobrandon profile image88
      lobobrandonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh sandboxed huh sad I was actually planning on doing a 60 hubs in 1 day challenge lol

I'm serious just in case you think I was joking.. I was about to write a whole series of hubs in Jan not now on fruit and would want to interlink them all so for that to work out they'd have to be published together right. OR maybe I'll just publish and then do the linking later.

Suggestions would help big_smile

1. LeanMan profile image78
          LeanManposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Loborandon.. when I have written a series of hubs I have generally written them then gone back to add links in the text.. it also gets you to re-read the hubs and give them a tidy up and improve on them a little..
          As well as that I have also written a "summary capsule" for some of my linked hubs in which I name all of the hubs with the relevant links - this I manually spin a little to make it unique for each hub in the series rather than using a link capsule or RSS feed.. Helps to add to the word count also!
          I tend to write offline and upload 2 or 3 hubs each day once I have the series written - my connection is not the fastest so adding photos and doing all the amazon capsules and so forth can be quite time consuming to do properly.. It usually takes me longer to upload and do all the other stuff than actually writing the content in the first place!
          When I have done the lot I revisit them all to edit and add interlinks..
          Also use the "group" feature which will automatically link them also.

Auto interlink I've got to check that out - I did it for my tomato hubs just one of them and then poof I forgot about it. Thanks LeanMan big_smile

2. Little two two profile image85
            Little two twoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Group Feature?

I am doing a series of hubs as my next challenge, rather than 30 in 30 or 100 in 30. If I make a bunch of turtle hubs, and then make a group called, creatively, turtles, it will automatically link all articles in that one group? Like within a link box at the bottom or does it show up on the side? Or do you mean having related hubs in a group, is easier to select for a link for the link box?

Thanks, I have wondered what was the benefits or use of group function.

Only at the bottom of the page 2 hubs will be listed and you can use arrows to go left or right to view more. Not many viewers will do this so I say create your own capsule as I mentioned in a post here check it out.

2. LeanMan profile image78

It puts a link to two of the other hubs in the group in the little blue box where the voting is at the bottom of your hubs..

1. Little two two profile image85
                Little two twoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ahh .... I can make use of that feature, while keeping the bulk of each section properly linked. Thank you!.

2. LeanMan profile image78

good luck lobobrandon........... lol... not many people could do that without spinning content, copying and so forth - that is why the account would almost certainly be sandboxed or penalized by the big G in some manner...
        But if you want to do the 30 in 30 that would be far more "natural" and unlikely to get you clobbered by G. Good luck.....

Ok that would be better I would write in the holidays and keep them unpublished smile
          Thanks for the suggestion lol

4. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 12 years ago

Lobo: You need a URL to add links for starters. That means articles have to be published first, at least one does. As you begin publishing them, put the appropriate links in each article as you publish them, or you can wait until you are done then go back and do them. It may be easier to add links as you go along.

Hi Linda I guess adding them as I publish would be a better option.
      Thanks for the help big_smile

5. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

Why on earth is this title attached to that first post?

I have no clue smile
      So at least I  used it somewhat big_smile

2. Rising Caren profile image78
      Rising Carenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Maybe he really wants that question answered and he figured the best way to get people to look was with a crazy hubchallenge?

Anyway..back on "topic" (title topic)
      100 hubs in 10 days would be really hard unless you did a bunch of minihubs that really go hand in hand.

I think the only way to avoid looking suspicious to google would be to spread the 100 hubs across 4 accounts.

Title topic - lol

3. LeanMan profile image78

Some Indians (from India?) in America (Third world country in same economic situation as Europe)  want to write a lot of hubs in a short period of time and may need some help to maximize their $s  .. I thought it was self explanatory... lol smile

6. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Leanman explained the best way to do this. I have to check out the group feature. I didn't know it did automatic linking.  I have seen writers use the links capsule, title it related articles and place links there.

1. LeanMan profile image78

Set up the groups under "my account" and you will see the hubs linked in the little blue bar at the bottom of your hubs where the voting is done. Click left or Right to see another in the series basically.

Is that all? I guess there was an option where I could create a capsule and easily add the links with a brief description or was it just the link feature?

That way I have each of my hubs grouped - I wonder if any readers (non hubbers) actually check the bottom group thing)

2. lobobrandon profile image88

Me too I've got to check it out smile Thanks I missed that post of his as there were two there big_smile I read it after reading this post of yours lol

7. LindaSmith1 profile image61

I don't know how accurate information is by doing too much in one day will raise red flag with google.

1. Rising Caren profile image78
      Rising Carenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You know, I wonder how accurate that is too.

After all, for all Google knows maybe multiple writers are using one account (like someone hiring ghostwriters to create original articles or something or a married couple doing 50 hubs each). Or maybe it's one writer wrote them all in advance and was waiting for a particular season to post them. It wouldn't be fair to google to punish any of these legitimate writers.

So I do wonder if Google even cares.

Caren and Linda I wonder as well but I guess it's better to be on the safe side. I'm in no hurry anyway at least I can write and keep them unpublished.
        You'll got a good point though!

8. LindaSmith1 profile image61

lobo: The capsule where you add description is the affiliate capsules.

You can use the link capsule and add links to it.  Just title it related articles or something to that effect to let readers know they will get more information by using those links.

I prefer to just add another capsule right indent it and make it blue or grey and add titled links like some of my hubs already have and a brief description as according to me that way you'll get more visits.

9. LeanMan profile image78

No one really knows what will and will not raise a red flag with Google - but posting tens of hubs every day is not "natural" and would be an obvious indicator to G.. Like building thousands of links in a few days to a new site or page...

As to the links - better to have contextual links in the capsules themselves as more likely to be clicked - the groups is just a handy thing to use in case you miss one!
    Make sure all links however are related to the subject of your page!!!!!!

Hey LeanMan thanks soo much. Yes surely I don't link like crazy. I'm planning to write in a few niches and the ones that gain traffic write around them this way I get more views from a single google visit.. That's known as optimisation and not the usual SEO big_smile

10. LindaSmith1 profile image61

Here is a link to a hub with some information. It is short, but you will get idea as to what will get you into trouble.  If Google hits you, they may un-index your work, which means it won't be found in google search engine.
    http://ultimatehubber.hubpages.com/hub/ … -Penalized

Thanks the shorter the faster I can go through lol

Just went through it big_smile had a few good pts. But I'm not into backlinking of any sort so all's fine big_smile

11. LeanMan profile image78

Just do things "naturally", write good content... and all will be fine - unless Google has PMT when she looks at your work!!!! NOONE knows for sure what will and won't get you penalised or loved by Google......... if we all knew the details we would all be number one in the serps.......... someone can let me know how that works later - I need to sleep - busy day tomorrow.... Indians and $s......

Indians and $s??

I'm of as well big_smile good night HP

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)