Happy New Year Countdown

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (34 posts)
  1. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5943434_f248.jpg

Have a magical 2012 New Year, keep safe

2:51AM EST Thu Dec 29

please put your time and date wherever you are when posting-forgot to mention this-hence the countdown-duh-yep

1. bbnix profile image61
      bbnixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You be safe and with the ones you love, and trust in your feelings...K...

Happy New Year and this will be the great one..

12:51 pm December 29, 2011

1. profile image0
        kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

dude your clock is 10 minutes slow hmmmm...............

2. wordscribe43 profile image92
    wordscribe43posted 12 years ago

You, too Kim.  What on earth are you still doing up?  I thought I was a night owl...

1. profile image0

lol  boy I miss you girl, hope you are well, now put down the coffee and get to bed, your probably on your 5th I just know it, but how's the pee part?

1. wordscribe43 profile image92
        wordscribe43posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Actually it's Rock Star right now, finished coffee about an hour ago.  The pee's coming along nicely, thanks for asking.  lol 

I've missed you, too.  We're like two ships passing in the night.

3. wordscribe43 profile image92
    wordscribe43posted 12 years ago

I'm scared because I have a rotator cuff injury that will need surgery.  But, no pain pills for this girl... ain't that gonna be a blast of a way to start out 2012?  Need sympathy and tips on dealing with pain.  Got either?

I'm too scared to touch pain pills.  Too risky for me.  This is the downside of recovery.

1. profile image0

Oh god just went through this with kidney stones and I went through 8 stones on Advil, I'll never do it again.  Girl, it feels dangerous because you know why but we have bodies that need medication on a take a s required basis.  Pain Pills can takes us back out only if we take them when not required, ie; your feeling better but take one anyway, use hubby but as odd as this sounds stay ahead of the pain don't be me crying and vomiting due to pain to prove a point when i had someone to administer them to me, we know when we're manipulating,  take care of you!  using pills if directed includes that as long as he is aware of your situation

I'm such a dweeb hmm:  just told you everything you already know

god, get better soon, just don't be a hero cause you threw out that cape

kiss

4. Earl S. Wynn profile image78
    Earl S. Wynnposted 12 years ago

You too! smile Thanks! Here's hoping it's going to be an awesome new year!

1. profile image0

Earl, everyone was suppose to put their time and date-probably should have said so lol please do it if your not zzzzzzz  and we should be zzzzzzzzzzz

5. profile image0

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5833807_f248.jpg

1. Gordon Hamilton profile image94
      Gordon Hamiltonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Very smart! smile Happy New Year when it comes. 11.08am (GMT) on 29th December in the UK.

2. bbnix profile image61

You too, Happy New Year

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5944897_f248.jpg

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5944903_f248.jpg

6. profile image0

YOU TOO GORDON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some More Amusing New Year Pledges

Good resolutions are simply checks that men draw on a bank where they have no account.   Oscar Wilde

Ode To January - Kindly sent by Alicia Moss

'Twas the month after Christmas, and all through the house nothing would fit me, not even a blouse.

The cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I'd taste At the holiday parties had gone to my waist.

When I got on the scales there arose such a number!
    When I walked to the store (less a walk than a lumber).

I'd remember the marvellous meals I'd prepared; The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared,

The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese And the way I'd never said, 'No thank you, please.'

As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt And prepared once again to do battle with dirt -

I said to myself, as I only can 'You can't spend a winter disguised as a man!'

»

So - away with the last of the sour cream dip, Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip

Every last bit of food that I like must be banished 'Till all the additional ounces have vanished.

I won't have a cookie - not even a lick.
    I'll want only to chew on a long celery stick.

I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie, I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.

I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore. But isn't that what January is for?

Unable to giggle, no longer a riot.
    Happy New Year to all and to all a good diet!

New Year's Resolutions by Fido

I will not bark each time I see or hear a dog on TV.
    I will not steal underwear belonging to my mistress and then dance all over the back yard with it.
    I will not chew red crayons or pens, because my master will think that I am haemorrhaging.
    I will not roll my toys behind the fridge.
    I must shake the rainwater out of my coat BEFORE I enter the house.
    Finally, Some Serious New Year's Resolutions :
    Top Tips for Men and Women

Men:
    1) Set the goal yourself, rather than someone in your life dictating the new year resolutions.

2) Make only one new resolution.  Make our goal specific and personal.

3) Make a 'Pro' and 'Con' list.  Review each week.

4) Make a commitment to do something new, rather than stop something old.

Women:
    1) Tell other people, especially other women friend what are your new year resolutions.

2) Plan ahead, make your new year's resolution straight after Boxing Day.

3) Don't blame yourself when you falter.  Just start again.

4) Reward yourself when you succeed.

We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves.  The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day.

Edith Lovejoy Pierce

Top 10 New Year's Resolutions

»

Spend more time with the family.
    Take more exercise - Get fit.
    Lose (loose!) weight.
    Give up smoking (again).
    Get out of dept.
    Learn a new skill, take up a new hobby.
    Put something into the community -help others.
    Get organized.  Else buy shares in diary, or companies selling electronic planners!
    Become more security conscious.
    Give up drinking, at least for the first week of January!

1. bbnix profile image61

Hey I'm the long winded one...but then again...you are very good at what you do..Happy Newest Year...

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5945012_f248.jpg
      Slip this one on Kimberly..it's just sexy enough for you...

That's what I call a New Years Resolution....

7. profile image0

OMG look how much fun this dude is having, wish I was with him!

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5943855.jpg

8. profile image0

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5943863.jpg

IAM SHOUTING YES DECLARING THIS THE WORST NEW YEARS PICTURE IN 2012 YEARS, ok 2011

9. profile image0

oops it's 640am EST on December 29 which is proof I have no life, please save my reputation and keep the countdown going, I'm always the one posting alone in my own thread *sigh*

1. mary615 profile image82
      mary615posted 12 years agoin reply to this

You are not alone:  I'm here.  6:55 AM  EST on Dec. 29.  big_smile

1. profile image0

oh good girl at 7;37 am thu dec 29

hmm:

we need a hobby lol

1. bbnix profile image61

I have a suggestion...
          http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5944803_f248.jpg

1. profile image0

lol lol lol lol lol

10. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 12 years ago

Hi mate.. thanks for the e-card. Hope you're okay and for Laura too.

It's December 30 - 12.56 am in NZ

Take Care Kim.  smile

1. profile image0

smooches at 736 am est dec 29

you still rock kiwi

11. rLcasaLme profile image71
    rLcasaLmeposted 12 years ago

Happy New Year Everyone
    4:40pm GMT+4 Dubai, UAE

1. rLcasaLme profile image71
      rLcasaLmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

December 29, 2011

12. profile image0

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5944839_f248.jpg

13. profile image0

not sure but maybe this is a New Years Hug

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5944846_f248.jpg

Banned again $50 bucks

14. profile image0

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5944852_f248.jpg

eat tons?

1. bbnix profile image61

Eat tons on a big boat, that weighs tons, gives tons of fun, and is the perfect place for tons of love....

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5945046_f248.jpg

Your ship is sailing this year, 2012, and not just a one time trip...

15. profile image0

sorry gotta dash apparently my life is waiting lol

16. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

December 29, 1:49 PM Eastern Standard Time smile

I can't believe it's Thursday already.

17. profile image0

Lolololo

18. profile image0

sat jan 7  2012@ est 1230am

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)