What do you think of Hypnotists or Hypnosis?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)
  1. thoughthole profile image92
    thoughtholeposted 12 years ago

As a an NGH certified professional Hypnotist I am curious of general thoughts and opinions on Hypnosis and Hypnotists. I am very interested to hear anyones opinion; based on experience, or perception.

2. ThoughtPolice profile image59
    ThoughtPoliceposted 12 years ago

I am currently practicing to be MORE psychic. I will let you know once I am super psychic.

1. medicaljournal profile image59
      medicaljournalposted 12 years ago

What part of it fix you find implausible? From my considerate the whole of Hypnotist is getting people to reduce. The relaxation is just the subject temporary to please the Hypnotist whereas believing himself/herself to be in an altered state of aware that justifies morality and self-examination. The key phrase is "acting to please the hypnotist" implies that movements started during Hypnotists are conscious and controlled. This is why you've never heard of a established story of a gang of gangsters fascinating innocent onlookers to kill opposing gang members etc.

2. shawn002 profile image59
      shawn002posted 12 years ago

i think hypnosis really works and it requires a great degree of concentration.
      I like hypnosis and i have try it too..

thoughtholeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Relaxation is the key. Concentration is a cognative function, the catalyst to  subconcious freedom is only found in relaxed states of mind. I am glad it has worked out for you, continue the inward focus, and relax, relax, relax!

3. profile image0
      Muldaniaposted 12 years ago

I have asked a people who have tried hypnosis, and it doesn't seem to have worked for them.  I have also asked my GP about it, but they told me that there isn't much faith in the medical community for hynosis, as there is no scientific evidence to back it up.  That isn't to say that it can't work for some people.  If they believe strongly that it will work, then it might just do so.

4. creativebutterfly profile image60
      creativebutterflyposted 12 years ago

I use Ericksonian Hypnosis which is getting the client into an altered state without them even knowing they are going there.  It is very elegant and effective.
      To give an example, how many times have your driven down a highway that you drive down quite a lot and your find yourself further along than you remember being.   This is an altered state - also watching the tv and someone says what are you watching and you cannot remember, this is also an altered state.

creativebutterfly Are you trained in NLP? I would very much like to delve deeper into that fascite of Hypnosis it is fascinating. Ist so often used for what I consider the "dark side" (advertising) I would love to use it in some compacities of benefit.

5. Mikeydoes profile image44
      Mikeydoesposted 12 years ago

Don't believe everything you hear.. But do realize that the subconscious can be tainted and there are certainly types of hypnosis. We know next to nothing about the brain, but there certainly are plenty of ways to trick it.

6. rbe0 profile image60
      rbe0posted 12 years ago

I was recently approached by a self-proclaimed studier of hypnosis and other dark arts.

He claims to have a PHD and many other accolades awarded to him by society, of which he is currently a slave to.

I would not trust people who claim to have these powers until you know their intentions are good or evil.

1. rbe0 profile image60
        rbe0posted 12 years agoin reply to this

http://files.shroomery.org/avatars/www.shroomery.org/265394a1325181947-big.png

7. Disturbia profile image60
      Disturbiaposted 12 years ago

I've tried it several times and it just doesn't work on me. One of the hypnotherapists in a class I was taking did an exercise where all of us subjects stood with our eyes closed and our arms held out in front of us. We were told that in one hand we were holding a very heavy book that kept getting heavier and heavier till our hand wanted to drop to the ground and the other hand was tied to a big bunch of balloons which were lifting it higher and higher.  This went on for quite a long time in a very quiet setting with no distracting sounds other than the hypnotherapists monotone voice.  At the end of the exercise we all opened our eyes and sure enough everyone in the room had one hand up and the other down to some degree.  Expect, me, who was standing there with both my hands still straight out in front of me.  I didn't feel any weight pushing either of my hands down nor did I feel any lightness pulling either of them up. I felt absolutely nothing on either count.

Has this been the only excercise you have tried? What you are describing is a suggestability test, it is designed to both demonstrate the power of suggestion and most importantly determine what delivery method you best respond to so a Hypnostist can select a proper induction and method of delivery for you. It is hard in groups to cover many bases, but I would venture to guess that you were just not responsive to the method they were using, I doubt that this means that Hypnosis does not work on you. I would not give up just yet. The majority of people are repsonsive to permissive instruction style this is most likely what they used. If you ever have a chance to try something else let the hypnotist know that did not work. There are lots of options from there. I have known people including myself that need something a bit different than the averge joe to allow them to let go it is very much based on you as an individual, its not as much a one size fits all a it can appear sometimes, or sadly some people try to make it. Folks that need that bit extra usally have some extraordinary results  when somebody finally figures out what works.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)