Reincarnation myth or truth? would I be better off as a Savor tooth?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (57 posts)
  1. poeticmentor profile image75
    poeticmentorposted 12 years ago

Religious or not..no one knows what death is. How many possibilities can death bring?

1. profile image50
      paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Death opens a door to another dimension of life given by the Creator God.

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Why does there have to be anything after death?

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Almost got reincarnated as a sand crab on a huge surfing wave

Would like to be a dolphin, won't know until I get there

2. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Why does there have to be anything after water evaporates? Why is there something after rock is pulverized? Nothing disappears from the physical world. It simply changes form. Why would other levels of existence not work within the same parameters as what we know on the physical level? We don't know enough to make educated guesses yet. I believe we are making headway on answering that.

The soul energy or spiritual  make  me very curious, where dose the spirit move one and why dose it leave an empty vessel of matter, for plant food i assume. Everything is constantly living and dying within  our bodies and similar out in the Galaxies and Universe.

Why can't our energy just transform into something else?

1. Jesus was a hippy profile image61
          Jesus was a hippyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There is no evidence for a soul or a spirit so any talk about that would be speculation based on a hypothesis and that doesnt get anyone anywhere.

As for our energy transforming into something else, every living being actually uses energy, it doesnt create it. The only energy our body will have left once it dies, is stored energy in our mass, which other lifeforms will utilise by eating it.

Life actually speeds up the process of entropy within the universe.

Your smart in some areas, yet not in area of spiritual understanding. Spiritual is simply the unknowns until it's manifest into our ego self, Yes spirituality is very useful I’ve accomplish to be world class in a few area in my lifetime.

Religion is an ancient spirituality, yet Religion has led the world history with experience and revelation

1. Jesus was a hippy profile image61

Either you can demonstrate that spirits and souls exist and I will shut up, or you can shut up yourself with your condescending know it all attitude.

Why would anyone need to shut up, we are both learning things on HP and my posts to you, are not the size of hubs, like some jerks. I'm No better or worst then anybody, so , no condescending here regardless of my accomplishment. I would not need belong to a group and fight and ague to a point of protecting my one sided views, rather than flowing by ethics,  and open ended conversations.

The the reason I said you lack spiritual understanding is base on what you said ; no evidence for a soul or a spirit and it do get anyone anywhere. I could not demonstrate anything to you if you lack the desire and attitude to seek and learn. I only can demonstrated how Spiritual works for me or take the time out to coach others. Spiritual and soul is as important in the as is our  relationships, our physical, our intellect the financial balance of life

2. profile image0

I'm in agreement. It seems to me that the patterns  we see within nature on the physical level would have to be something of a mirror image of the spiritual level. Moving, changing, circulating. Nothing disappears completely. Whatever force it is that animates matter must continue to exist  in some form once it ceases to function in harmony with our senses.

3. profile image52
          EStanMillerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Also agree with many opinions presented re re-incarnation. Myself born in a very happy, contented religous home and I believe this also agrees with most religious people across our earth. Trying to make sense of people not so lucky in birth & childhood it might be my wishful thinking on my own part - everybody getting a fair chance through at least several/many chances of re-incarnation. What would other possibilities be? Have a GREAT 2012 all!

4. Pcunix profile image90
          Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There is no "soul energy" to transform.

Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Really? You're comparing water evaporation to humans death. roll
        And now you're comparing a rock to human death. roll
        You would be correct.
        Really? roll Isn't this already known. And you bring it up why exactly?
        Because on the physical level we know what happens to our physical form after death.

1. profile image0

No, not exactly. What I am pointing out is that there is a cyclical nature to things within the environment.  I would think you might have understood that point.

Again, this is not a difficult point to follow. This is to point out that things may change form, but they remain in some form.

I knew that already, but thanks for weighing in, just the same. smile

Are you being purposely obtuse this morming? I think, if you stop to think you will see that the reason I stated it is obvious.

Yes, we do understand the physical world to some degree and we have a pretty good handle on what happens to our physical form after death. You bring this up.....why? Exactly?  I don't think my comments implied that we don't understand decomposition.

1. Cagsil profile image71

And for some odd reason you seem to think it applies to everything human?
            Yes, the human body does transform to dust/ash/dirt or whatever. Which would mean there's nothing after death. Unless you're attempting to imply that "consciousness" is transformed, which would be untrue according to what is already known. At brain death, consciousness ceases. It does not elevate to a new level or transform into something else. It is derived from the brain itself and it's function. When that function stops so does consciousness.
            You mean nonsense would make sense? I think not.

1. profile image0

That is not what I said. I would explain, but you appear to simply want to argue today.

Read your two sentences cagsil. First you say that the body is transformed, then you say there is nothing left after death. I need to know which one you are arguing for before I can respond. 

Yes, I know this.  As you said, 'what is already known'. I hope you aren't attempting to imply everything is known concerning consciouness.

By what is known.

Again, by what is known thus far.

Nope. I don't think nonsense makes sense either. If you aren't up for idle speculation, you could have just said so.  You didn't have to beat around the bush so long.

Argue? Do you see that everyone wants to argue with you when they disagree with you. hmm

It's not a matter of that and you know.....now look who is trying to be argumentative?

You know exactly what dirt/ash/dust means in the physical world. It means life is over with unless you're implying otherwise, which it appears you are.
                We know enough about it and can even measure it. It's your implication that it transforms like everything else you're attempting to apply to humans.

No. The cause of consciousness is known and it's known when it ends. Which you are implying it doesn't.

1. profile image0

As to the  body to  ashes comments. That is exactly my point. Everything that once made up the body continues to be a part of the universe. Simply in a different form. You see it as an end to the body and you are right, but it isn't an end to each and everything that was bound together to make that body.

I really don't want to be at odds. I know you see death as the end. It is possible that you are right, but it is possible that you are wrong. I enjoy imagining how it could work if it is possible.

You seeing a possibility that doesn't make any sense, with all that I just said.
                    I know, that's the thing...it's just imagination based on wishful thinking. Which leads me back to me original question-

Why must there be something after death?

3. lone77star profile image73
      lone77starposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hilarious question, Cags! lol

Why does there have to be a universe outside of HubPages? But there is! So?

Another attempting at mocking I see. How wonderful of you to show the entire community your level of ego and character. Hopefully, I won't have to point it out again.

That might go for me too, since your your integrity is at stake on the internet.

I would have to be falsely framed for murder in order to be deeply concerned  about my integrity.

3. poeticmentor profile image75

Maybe because Life is and death will be. It's hard to imagine death, so maybe death is not death at all.  There has always been "something" existing before and after life right? Life duplicates over and over, it never stops..soo Why couldn't there be something after death? @ cagsil

Yes, death will be eventually.
      Then educate yourself and expand your mind, then maybe death wouldn't be so hard to imagine.

I have no problem with grasping the existence of the Universe without myself or anyone else in it. So why do you?
      What is the "something" you're referring to?
      Are you listening to mystics who are telling you life duplicates over and over, and it never stops? I guess that would be why you would think that there's something after death. Yet, you cannot imagine death itself? How ironic is that? hmm
      But, you've not answered my question- why does there have to be anything after death?

Like I said above, if you're listening to mystics, that would be a shame. Mysticism is a person being intellectually dishonest with themselves. Therefore, if you're not going to be honest with yourself, how can I expect you to be honest with me, when we interact? I guess, I cannot. That too is a shame.

1. mischeviousme profile image61
        mischeviousmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You're always so grumpy. Why?

That's what i say to some atheists

2. lone77star profile image73

Cags sounds almost nihilistic.

Cags has asked a dumb question. "Why does there have to be anything after death?"

Why does there have to be anything after pepperoni pizza? But there is! So?

Just because you can't remember, Cags, doesn't make you an expert. There have been many people who could remember prior lives.

Like one little boy in India who was distraught at age 5 because he had not told his wife before he had died where he had buried the family fortune. When he finally rectified the situation, he could concentrate on his new life.

Or like the girl who remembered the house she used to live in, could describe all of its contents, the tree that used to be there, the pet names she had had for her former brothers, and much more.

Or like the little boy who remembered his death near Iwo Jima as a WWII pilot. He even recognized and called by name one of his old buddies when the little boy was reunited with his old gang a few years ago.

More details on two of these examples at http://www.the-love-of-god.com/reincarn … tories.php

Ignorance must be blissful and by your statement, then I must be one the happiest people on the planet since apparently I cannot remember.

Go play with someone you can spout off your "spiritual" understanding. Like my statement to poeticmentor....if you're not going to be honest with yourself, then you're obviously not going to be honest with me.

Therefore, anything you have to say is useless and contains no meaning. And, you can also take your "next" thought that runs through your head, which will be to respond that I have to get over my "ego".

From many of your posts....it's YOU who has the ego problem. I just answer questions given to me with the best answer I can.

The best answer can give, should be given with less aggression. By this I am saying, Aggression begets aggression. I will be as calm as possible, until it is time to appropriately aggressive.

What I am ultimately saying is, try to be less aggressive with your answers and people will be kinder in accepting your view.

When you learn to be honest with yourself, then I'll be glad to engage you in conversation, but until then, this is my last post to you.

I cannot be judging you without pointing out my own mistakes. I must admit that I have been unfairly aggressive with you. For that I apologise, and I do not see how we could not get along. I find your views just as important as any other.

That was just an attempt to be human with you and to find some middle ground, in which we can speak to one another.

2. Jesus was a hippy profile image61

You weren't alive before you were born and you wont be alive after you die.

1. lone77star profile image73

Wow! THE universal expert has spoken. I'm so relieved.

Just because you can't remember doesn't mean other people can't. You probably think you are that Homo sapiens body you're wearing. Alas! It won't last very long. Perhaps it's just as well. Maybe you'll be more interested in waking up... next lifetime. wink

Everything, even a rock is impermanent. It is in seeking the mastery of the one mind that one will Know The self. If one does not remember, it is because one does not want to. They want to believe that it lasts forever, even though they have seen and know suffering and death.

2. Jesus was a hippy profile image61

Oh well, if you think I am an expert then thank you but trust me, I'm not.

Although I have enough education to know that stories of reincarnation are bunk.

4. janesix profile image59
    janesixposted 12 years ago

I HOPE there is nothing after death. Existance is exhausting.

1. lone77star profile image73

Not looking forward to wetting a new set of diapers, either! Learning to control a new body is real hard work... and frustrating!

5. poeticmentor profile image75

But, you've not answered my question- why does there have to be anything after death?

"Like I said above, if you're listening to mystics, that would be a shame. Mysticism is a person being intellectually dishonest with themselves. Therefore, if you're not going to be honest with yourself, how can I expect you to be honest with me, when we interact? I guess, I cannot. That too is a shame."

First You haven't answered the question??? either you answered with a question sir. or you throw insult..so typical of insecure people.. so why should I answer? you have all the answers already.  If mystics, as you say, being dishonest blah blah..your cute. yet everyone has questioned death and what it serves..not even you all knowing Cagsil would know this answer. If you don't have a problem imagining yourself removed from the universe than please share, It's a shame you attempt to reverse the question so that you avoid answering it.  but nice try. Blessings..

@janesix, I agree, yet it is a gift and sometimes a curse just to be human beings, gratitude is always important. Death must be significant if life is this demanding. We can only take our souls, so be great while you live and leave a mark,you never know you may come back a caterpillar and we all know what happens to those when they die! 1

Yeah, a person can be an honest mystic, yet there is some bad apples

Typical of insecure people? What a joke.

And, the above statement that asked if you were listening to mystics, then it would be dishonest. If you unable to reach the conclusion that your "myth" question came from "mysticism", then go learn.
      Actually, you don't. I don't expect an honest answer, as I stated.
      I have quite a few answers, as someone else already learned, but I don't claim to have ALL the answers and you attempting to make the claim that I make the claim of having all the answers is BS.

yeah?

6. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 12 years ago

What's a "Savor tooth"?

I'm not sure about reincarnation. I do wonder, however, about people who can speak a foreign language fluently under deep hypnosis, even though they've never even been exposed to the language.

1. janesix profile image59
      janesixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's shallow. You know what he meant.

1. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No, I don't. I'm not familiar with the term. Did he mean "Savior"?? I don't get it.

1. profile image0

I think he meant saber tooth tiger.  I could be wrong.

1. habee profile image92
            habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Duh. Okay, that makes sense! Thanks, Emile. Maybe the capital S threw me off.

2. poeticmentor profile image75
      poeticmentorposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I meant Saber tooth. I apologize. I would still want to be a catepillar so that I may appreciate wings! Great answers evry one. @ emile I agree. @Cagsil please continue to pick our nrains so that you may choose your belief. It's ok.  I enjoy it. @ jesushippie..LOL ok

7. TMMason profile image60
    TMMasonposted 12 years ago

All I can say is when I was dead for 75 mins... I was somewhere, and it wasn't in a new body.

And I doubt I would have went to a new one, either.

No, I think I was where we all will be, or many, or mast, hopefully.

No reincarnation.

If that were actually true Mason, then you would be the most famous person on the planet.

1. TMMason profile image60
        TMMasonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No I wouldn't.

There is a women in one of the scandanavian countries who was dead for hours, about 9 I believe, and she is fine today. There are many who haved survived extended time and been brought back. Of course I was already at the hosp when I coded and that was a great thing.

Medicine has advanced quite a bit, especially the use of Hypothermic Rescucatative Tharepies.

You should really go look into it.

I was brought into North Florinda in gainsville, I coded at 403 am, I under went extrmem measure, about 100 cardio version shocks over the time, massive amounts of hperin, Epi-nuerine? I believe it was, atrapine, etc... I had no heart rate, no brain activity, no respertory, nothing!... I was gone... DEAD!

Meanwhile I had almost continuous CPR and oxygen forced into me.... and on and on it went...   and on and on....

There was one time when I believe I was back for a second... but then gone again... and the doctors said they did not get me back... so...

on and on and on... it went

At 524 am I was got back and stabilized barely enough to move.

After some time I was brought to the cath lab and unederwent removal of massive clots in my right ventricle... they had finally got me back and could take me oin to do something to help me.

So you can think what you want Cags.

I know what i went thru and I have a stack of med records to prove it.

Man you are something else.

Good to know. Explains a lot about you.

1. TMMason profile image60
            TMMasonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Whatever, dude... it must be nice to know everything.

I don't claim to know everything and not once stated that I do. Get real. hmm

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)