How mDo I get more faith?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (68 posts)
  1. profile image51
    haj3396posted 12 years ago

Will someone help me get more faith?

1. pedrog profile image61
      pedrogposted 12 years agoin reply to this
      1. Castlepaloma profile image76
        Castlepalomaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You think I'm the way to faith, not when they answer most of my hard questions with-

You gotta have Faith

1. Quirinus profile image61
          Quirinusposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've never seen you not funny, Castlepaloma! Thanks for making me less boring.

2. Jesus was a hippy profile image60
        Jesus was a hippyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I looked the the link you provided

lol lol lol lol lol

3. profile image51
        haj3396posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you

2. tlmcgaa70 profile image61
      tlmcgaa70posted 12 years agoin reply to this

if you mean have faith in GOD...then there is only one way to get that faith...by asking HIM for it. if you are sincere, and HE will know that even if you dont...you will discover you have more faith.
      Thanks be to GOD, my faith is unshakeable and is only getting stronger.one more thing...in gaining faith your priorities change. i am not quite sure if it is the result of stronger faith or if stronger faith is the result of changing priorities...either way stronger faith=changed priorities=stronger faith.

I  think everyone is God.that  faith enough and kind 

I don't have faith in Religion

2. profile image51

Thank you

3. time2rite profile image60
        time2riteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The Bible says, "Faith comes by hearing the Word" (see Romans 10:17).  Digging into the Bible, really reading it and not expecting it to read like a typical book or novel, will build your faith.  If you don't have a Bible at home, you can borrow one from the library.  Some people think the King James Bible is the only version, but I think it's easier if you get a translation you can more readily understand; that doesn't use obscure or obsolete words or phrases.  Whatever version you choose, pray for wisdom and understanding.  I personally like Luke in the New Testament.  Many people prefer John as a starting point; this is an excellent Book as well.  Psalms and Proverbs in the Old Testament are good Books for comfort, wisdom, guidance and meditation (in the sense that you carefully think about the things you've read and what you've learned of God and His Word).  I hope this helps you in your faith journey.

1. Cagsil profile image71
          Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Only to the gullible.

When most religion of the world believe there is God. Then you have most non religions people think or feel more likely there is a God

Leaving a few % of the non gullible people in the world like you Cagsil......, now special.

3. profile image59
      chevyssbowtieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

1Cor. 1:21 ... it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
      Rom 10:17  So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
      Jude 1:20  But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

The first on the list is preaching, God chose this channel to receiving more faith.
      The second is to pray in the Holy Ghost, this will build up your faith.

I also suggest to read Hebrews chapter 11, it tells of how many received through faith, some even died without receiving but their faith was so strong in God.
      Another good chapter is Romans 3 & 4 it talks a lot about Abraham and how he believed God and also Galatians chapter 3.
      another is James 2 starting around verse 14 - 26.
      Remember you don't have to understand everything in those chapters completely, just read prayerfully and re-read often and God will start to increase your faith. and the cool thing about that is, it's not always something that happens right before your eyes, meaning, faith has to grow and the fruit of it will show up in due time. so don't get frustrated just be patient.
      There really is no greater source for obtaining more faith than the Word of God and prayer.
      Hope this helps

No, yet very nice try

2. profile image51

Thank you that was great

4. Jesus was a hippy profile image60

Why do you want more faith? What do you want more faith in?

By the way, faith is not a virtue.

1. lone77star profile image71
        lone77starposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So, you don't have "faith" in your own logic? wink

You're so filled with doubt about... everything?

1. Jesus was a hippy profile image60

How you infer that I have no faith from that is beyond me.

2. profile image51

with more faith I can do anything and stress would be a thing of the pass.

1. mischeviousme profile image61
          mischeviousmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Stress will never be a thing of the past. As long as you are human or are able to experience, you will always be at the whims of suffering and desire.

1. tlmcgaa70 profile image61

not exatcly true mischeviousme. when you reach the point when you faith is unshakeable, you discover that life is a great deal easier to handle. you see...when you realize that GOD knows the big picture and knows what is best for us, you learn a great deal. like for instance, i used to be very stressed whenever we went anywhere...i had a phobia that the tires would blow out on the truck. through the experience of having GOD answer my prayers consistently, I realized that in truth, i had nothing to worry about. now i no longer deal with that satress. many of our daily stresses are brought on us by our own attitudes or by the way we think. fear of dying brings a huge amount of stress into a persons life. once you realize that we all die eventually, and accept that fact, that fear goes away. if i have any stress right now it is not burdensome...my only thoughts concerning my death is the desire that i die in a manner pleasing to my GOD.

That doesn't stop reallity. If I stub my toe it hurts and if I lose my wallette, I find it quite stressful. This is just an example of being human and should not be taken litterally.

physical injury is not stressful...it is painful. when i lose my wallet, i ask GOD to help me find it. it then becomes a stress free issue because i know HE will do just that...i have a terrible memory and have lost my wallet several times over the years...i even lost my id for a year. once i put something in GODs hands i quit worrying about it. it may not be solved overnight, but i KNOW GOD is dealing it with so i am content to wait on HIS timing. HIS Will and not my own.

What happens when God doesn't help you find your wallet? Do you get angry?

Pain is a form of suffering, just like stress, pain can cause stress.

i believe everything happens for a reason. i also believe nothing can happen to me, good or bad, without GODs permission. if GOD does not show me where i put my wallet, then so be it. GOD knows what I need. HE has never...NEVER...left me or failed to provide that which i need...even sometimes before i even know i needed something. it would be immature and childish of me to get angry just because i did not get something i wanted. i am content to wait on GODs Will. if for some reason my wallet is not returned to me, then i wait to see what GOD will replace it with.
                    as for pain. i live with chronic pain. i still do not experience stress. after what CHRIST suffered for me, what i go through is nothing and i gladly accept it. i am not so special that i should go through life untouched. without pain or heartbreak. the difference with me is that my GOD is my strength, my joy, my comfort.

2. Jesus was a hippy profile image60

You mean faith in yourself? Thats the only type of faith I can see as beneficial to what you are capable of doing.

Everytime you feel like you cant do something, remember that guy from the Happy Gilmore movie shouting "YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!"

5. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

How did you get the faith you already have. Find that source and more is there awaiting you.

1. profile image51

We are all given a measure of faith without doing anything.

6. Caleb DRC profile image72
      Caleb DRCposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Read the Bible, and do what it says. This builds Faith.

7. Don Crowson profile image59
      Don Crowsonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

According to the Bibvle each person is giving the measure of faith.  that means you have all the faith you need because it is all any of us have.  It's a matter of using your faith.

8. cobrien profile image60
      cobrienposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Pray for God to show Himself to you. He will. Read the Bible. Go to church and prayer groups and surround yourself with believers.
      If you tell yourself something enough times, you will believe it.

9. kess profile image61
      kessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

To ask for more Faith is to cast aspersion towards your maker...

You are saying He is like a dishonest  employer who expect proper work done without providing proper tools to accomplish it.

So you are asking for more of which you already have enough...Why?

Because you have no clue as to what Faith actually is...

What you view as Faith is not Faith at all, but  the Arrogance  of ignorance and it is Him you strive after for your identity.

From Faith come all things but nothing in and of themselves isn't faith, except Faith alone.

So by Faith you do work, but the work is not the Faith..

By Faith you posses the capacity to believe, but the belief itself in not the Faith.

It is also a misconception to think that Much Faith does great things and Little Faith does Little things...

Faith is Faith and accomplished what soever it will....mighty or little.

Thus the allegory of mustard seed faith, is not to create a scenario as to show  how powerful a little bit of Faith is. Absolutely not!

It was given to dispel the notion that men are given Faith sparingly and differently according to who is who.....but it is to say all are given Faith. and Faith is always enough,so none has too much and no has too little.

So as one writer also recorded "all has been given THE measure of Faith"

This of Faith in this way, no matter how minute the portion of perfect that you have, it is just that PERFECT, for Faith is perfect just as the Father and the son is Perfect.

How then you can one begin to see Faith so as to know it?

When you know that you know.... for Faith is knowledge and not ignorance.

When you believe that which  that you believe.... For Faith is believing and doubtful.

There you would find Faith...

..for Faith is the perfect union of Knowledge and belief, these two are inseparable and is known as TRUTH.

In such a union all ignorance, which show itself as doubt and ultimately fear, is trapped and put into a position to act on the behalf of Faith and not against it.

And so long as ignorance is out of place it "contaminates" Faith and make it non effective, for it has now become the  focal point and the person becomes fearful instead of Faithful.

Now this is the ultimate mixture of the human, for he is his own Life but also he is his own death.

So then can a man Live because he believes...?

Absolutely not....For how can he believe what he has not seen(concept of the mind),
      and how can he see without having been told (taught) and
      he can only be taught by that which is within himself,
      so if is taught by his own fearfulness then he becomes just that...

and that is his Death

Absolutly YES... because he cannot Live without first believing and
      believing come by what he has seen and
      he can only see  what he has been taught(told), And
      a man can only learn from that which is within himself... and
      if his sight is the sight of Faith then become just that Faithful.

Thus he lives.

So a man can only Live by hearing the Word of Faith which is the word of Truth,
      Which is the word of God, which is the word springing from his own self.

Not repetition from any other human being whether written or spoken.
      Nevertheless he  will not negate neither of these because all who is of Faith is ONE.

How does one see Faith?
      It is by being as a new born baby...being naked before the eyes of all and not being ashamed... for to be ashamed is to be conscious of the perceived negative of self.

It is by becoming just as the wind...giving freedom to all and by such you retain all freedom to yourself.

It is by loving your neighbor just as yourself so as to harbor no hypocrisy.

For Faith is  being exactly who you are and by being just that it is seen.

2. rbe0 profile image61
    rbe0posted 12 years ago

I would give the advice, practice, practice, practice...

I have been practicing to develop more faith since before I joined HP.

1. profile image51

Thank you

3. profile image0
    Muldaniaposted 12 years ago

I have found that you can't force yourself to believe something, no matter how much you might want to.  You cannot trick the mind, and I have tried often enough.

1. rbe0 profile image61
      rbe0posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes you are right. That is why it is so important to find out who you are deep sown inside. You cannot fight your nature or you will be extrememly unhappy with your existence. You must not force yourself to engage in activities you do not enjoy. Find what you enjoy doing and focus on that.

2. Levertis Steele profile image74
      Levertis Steeleposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Muldania: If your long, lost cousin from Timbuktu arrives at your home and later tells you, while you are enjoying getting to know each other, that Timbuktu has a population of XXX people, would you believe him? Why would you believe this man who is practically a stranger? Yet, I know from experience that your words are true. I could not make myself  have more faith, so I asked God to Help me if it was right, and He did in time.

It is a simple choice. Have faith or do not have faith.

3. profile image51

It's not that I done believe, I do believe it's my unbelief Iam thinking about.

Mark 9:24
        And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

follow this mans example

4. cobrien profile image60
      cobrienposted 12 years agoin reply to this

All bright minds question God at some time in their lives. Look around you and see how well the world was created, how all of creation works together.

4. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

1.  Decide what you want to believe.

2.  Suspend all rational, analyzing thought processes.  Do not attempt to analyze and understand anything about your belief.

3.  Refuse to listen or see anything that conflicts with your desired belief.  If you MUST discuss it, spend more time finding others that agree with you and have already found reasons that the conflicting information is a lie.  Read only opinions that agree with your own.

4.  Absolutely stay out of the religious forums at HP.  They often contain truth that may not agree with your desired belief and could conceivably cause you to falter.

As long as you limit yourself to data that agrees with your belief you will find that belief growing.  If you look at other, conflicting, data, you could weaken your belief, so never do that.  Simply ignore anything that doesn't agree with you.

You have hit the nail on the head. Seeking and not knowing are a common part of the process, when dealing with faith. When dealing with enlightenment, it is the process of gaining knowing, through research and constant life searching.

The "faith" I'm talking about is not at "not knowing" but somewhat above it.

"Faith" as I use it is at the level called by Buddhists, "as it isness." What Heinlein called "groking." It is a spiritual state of creation.

What you're talking about is far below creation.

Belief is a state of "perception" (effect); faith is a state of "creation" (cause).

What I am failing to say is that, as we change as individuals so then does our faith. Everything changes, this was teaching of the Buddha. As I change, so then what I see changes, because I have changed in the understanding of it.

Very nice, @mischeviousme. The same things my grandfather preached in his church when I was a young boy mean completely different things to me now.

But you're using "faith" to mean something different. I'm guessing that you mean "belief." Am I right?

"Faith" as I'm using it is far above such mortal "belief."

From a position of "faith," you can walk on water, part the sea, turn the moon upside down. This is what David had when he went to battle with Goliath. This is what Joseph had when his brothers sold him into slavery.

This kind of "faith" (paramita) does not change -- ever! It's not an imperfect artifact of physical creation, but a state of perfection from which creation is performed. As children of God, created in His image, we all have this gift.

But too many people are living in their ego. That's a slippery slope if there ever was one.

believe it or not, ever since i watched the movie "the matrix"...wellit kind of makes me think of a child of GODs walk...we are offered the chance to believe or reject. if we choose to reject, we are left in our blindness...if we choose to accept, our eyes are opened to the true reality of our world, our lives and our GOD. the more we learn the more peace we feel inside while our lives get turned upside down outside us. you also learn that nothing in this world is real or permanent and is subject to change as you realize its true nature.

2. mischeviousme profile image61

And I agree. I agree with everyone, not with what the masses believe, but with what the individual believes. I can't say that I am perfect, but that it is perfect.

And the matrix tackles that of a subjective, personal reallity, which in and of it's self, is just as viable as any idea.

2. lone77star profile image71

Interesting viewpoint, Wilderness. Pretty jaded, perhaps, but interesting.

Analyzing the Wilderness "Path"

For me, I tried a different path. But let's use your formula to see how it stacks up with my experience.

1) Like a scientist, I decided to find answers; not decide in advance what those answers should be. Well, I should say "most scientists." Not all scientists always live up to this.

2) I used my reasoning ability, and logic to analyze religion and spirituality. I studied Christianity, Scientology, Buddhism, Judaism, Kabbalah, Taoism and more Christianity. Each one has many truths to offer.

3) I have looked beyond conflicting information and found new truths--like reincarnation in Christianity and Judaism. But I've also experienced many extraordinary things, so I have empirical evidence along with analysis and hypotheses.

4) I have hit the HP religious forums dozens of times. At least Wilderness says something interesting. Some of the other skeptics seem to be on robot autopilot. I welcome good debate. I learn from it. I welcome greater understanding, but pitifully, too often the stuff I hear from skeptic and believer alike is "old trash."

Looking at What Faith Really Means

Faith grows by creation! By decision.

A gymnast has "faith" that they can perform a routine. A mathematician has "faith" that they can solve a math problem. Perhaps these are imperfect uses of the word "faith."

When Peter the fisherman stepped out of his storm-tossed boat onto the unsettled Sea of Galilee to meet his master on the water, he left all "reason" behind. This kind of "faith" is not mortal "belief," but an act of creation.

You can't perform such an act with 99.9999% mortal confidence. It has to be perfect and effortless (100%) spiritual confidence. This cannot be done from the ego viewpoint, but only from the spiritual (true self) viewpoint (typically sleeping in most Homo sapiens).

Ignore?

I've know a number of HP skeptics who ignore a great deal. Like Evolution Guy, when I tried to explain my belief in science (including evolution). He wouldn't hear it. To him, I was lying. What a crock!

EarnestHub tried to tell me that believers were all ignorant. Yet, when I tried to talk science and math with him, he didn't have the time or interest to indulge in such things. Wow! Hiding his own ignorance, perhaps?

So, Wildnerness. You have your own opinions about "faith." And they may very well be right for a majority of believers. But wouldn't you want to know more about it, if something new was offered? Or are you one of those who "simply ignores anything that doesn't agree with you?"

Everyone has a conceptualization of truth. This is to say, that everyone knows some form of truth. This is the nature of enlightenment, to gain knowledge of the self while understanding desire. I desire to speak because I like to. I desire truth for the truth of the self is fleeting. The truth we hear and see in the minds of others, is no more important than the truth of self knowing.

A scientist does what he does through desire. The scientist desires to educate and so then does the aesthetic. This is part of suffering, desire. We desire so much, that by the time we have an answer, we have forgotten the question and it's meaning.

The polarization of "desire" is part of the dichotomies of ego -- selfishness -- the heart of ignorance. This is the first step toward mortal suffering.

Perhaps Buddha missed a few things, but he has my greatest respect for his achievement. Not many have been able to get out of the mortal suffering on their own.

Desire is only one side of the coin of suffering. Ego is made of a matrix of _all_ dichotomies -- desire-aversion, right-wrong, good-evil, generous-selfish, compassion-indifference, wisdom-stupidity, perpetrator-victim and many more.

We create the same kind of problem when we hold anything as "important."

"Importance" is borne of ego. Nothing is intrinsically important. It merely IS.

Our salvation is not "important." Here we are on the dark, cold physical reality side of existence; and there stands the bright, loving spiritual side of existence. It's right here, but you'd think it was a trillion miles away, because most don't even see it. They only see the flesh and the solidity of reality around them.

Buddha talked about the paramitas. These are the "perfections."

I have experienced these perfections -- where confidence becomes a one-sided coin without being tainted with its opposite, doubt. This is the heart of "faith" as Peter knew it when he walked on water. This is the heart of "faith" when Gautama Siddhartha raised up out of the cold, hard darkness of physical reality and returned to the light.

I have glimpsed a reflection of that light. The power of it makes a supernova look like a whimper.

From the deepest levels of samsara, to the heights of nirvana. This the cycle we must all live. We live in a world of experience and how we experience it, is an extension of ego.

One must know how to suffer before one can understand happiness. One must know bitter to know sweet and then also one must taste sweet to acknowledge bitter. The same can be said for hot and cold.

Without desire, we could be stuck. Without ego, we would not have things and we would not have desire. Suffering is a constant, for there are always desires and cycle will continue. One must change the way in which desire manifests it's self from within. Buying an impermanent object only abates desire for a time, then desire rears it's head again and again, the ego must be sated.

2. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Just a couple of responses to your post. 

You are defining "faith" in a way that perhaps I understand, but seldom if ever use.  Apparently your claim is that faith, a complete knowledge of your abilities, will allow a person to violate natural laws as we know them (walk on water, maybe).  I must reject that concept; if the brain (or mind, separating the two) is capable of such action it would by now be commonplace after being demonstrated 2000 years ago.  The closest I've ever seen, though, is someone claiming that someone else did it but they can't.  No proof, no evidence, just a belief that it happened in the dim reaches of history.  This I cannot accept as truth.

Ignoring: there comes a time when ignoring is all that is left.  When a supposed "truth" has been presented umpteen times with never any evidence that it is factual, there is really no reason to listen further.  The alternative is to spend a lifetime examining known falsehoods simply because someone new has presented the same tired old belief.  If something new to me comes along, I'm interested.  I'm interested in nearly everything around us, but only if it is actually around us.  If it exists only in the imagination then not so much.

3. profile image51

thank you

5. lone77star profile image71
    lone77starposted 12 years ago

@haj3396:

What do you mean by "more faith?"

If you're talking about mere "belief," then perhaps Wilderness has your answer. And that won't necessarily get you "truth."

If you want more "faith" like that had by Moses when he raised his hand above the water and it parted, then you need,

1) Utter humility,
    2) 100% confidence,
    3) Perfect responsibility,
    4) Pure love.

You need to be fearless. Humility is needed as an antidote for ego. Many people think they don't have an ego, but that's ego talking.

"Faith" is a spiritual state when the spiritual (true) self is awake and ego is "dead asleep." This is where miracles are possible. This is what Jesus's disciples had when they went from town to town performing miracles.

I've had this on a number of occasions, myself, but my love of God is not yet strong enough to make it permanent. I guess I'm a slacker, but I'm still working at it.

1. Billjordan profile image57
      Billjordanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Faith comes from hope you have to believe for me I believe in God he rescued me from crack and my faith has grown from that point.Ask in you shall receive is the only answer I have.

2. profile image51

thank you

6. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 12 years ago

How can I get more faith?  It sounds like a simple think to answer but it's not.  We are all different and things effect us differently.  Someone already said "ask God and he will help his people gain more faith"  This point was demonstrated when Jesus came back from the death and he visited his disciples.  After his visit they were ready to face the evil they were going to encounter.

Things which touch our heart is generally a good place to start building faith like visiting people in the hospital, listening to the problems of others, etc.

7. Druid Dude profile image60
    Druid Dudeposted 12 years ago

Increase your understanding.

8. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

http://www.wichita.gov/Includes/Section/Images/Religion.jpg

RELIGION IS ALL POWERFUL!!!

9. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

http://www.wichita.gov/Includes/Section/Images/Religion.jpg

I got bored with this a lot quicker than I thought I would.

I know you all will miss me, but bye for now. big_smile

10. steveamy profile image60
    steveamyposted 12 years ago

as Nike says .... Just do it ...

11. Claire Evans profile image61
    Claire Evansposted 12 years ago

You've already taken the first step and that is wanting to grow nearer to God.  God can do much with a willing heart.  Have you prayed about it? God will give the answer through many manifestations.

12. Quirinus profile image61
    Quirinusposted 12 years ago

Dear haj3396,
    It's my same question 18 years ago when I stopped believing in Jesus. Told him (Jesus) that I thought I did everything I was supposed to do and yet he let something very bad happen in my life.
    I still don't completely understand how I got my faith back.  What I can say is that I just didn't feel complete without it.  No magic.  So I kept searching and searching, reading spiritual, philosophical and self-help books since like to most of us in modern day societies, wise councils were no longer accessible.
    Basically, that's it. Keep searching. The rest will be grace, although undeserved, bestowed by God, in his own time and place.
    By the way, a good place to start would be gratitude.  An appreciation of the things we have somehow reveals to us how good the universe and its creator is to us, and makes way for more blessings to come.  Possibly ushering in grace.  Who knows how grace arrives?
    Best,
    Quirinus

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)