If I Had A Second Chance?/

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (32 posts)
  1. Capedium profile image71
    Capediumposted 12 years ago

Often at times we ask ourselves, why, how, and don't stop to wonder why , how or what drove us to our action.. If you had a second chance, what would you do differently....
    I wish I stayed in class.. I wish I always answered my mum Yes!. Most especially, I wish O had Listen.

1. AshtonFirefly profile image69
      AshtonFireflyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'd redo the last three years of my life. but then, who's to say something better won't come of it?

Capediumposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Eventually something better will.. But you will agree with me that nothing is ever the same.. And moments come but once.. But I ain't saying is bad just because we can't take them back.. But it helps when we realize that things that made our ship sank once upon a time so we never get to sail that same route

1. AshtonFirefly profile image69
          AshtonFireflyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Very true. A moment only comes once.
          And yes, it does help when we learn from our mistakes and don't do again what we've done.
          What I've noticed is that the more I regret something I've done, the more likely I am to do that thing again. And the less confidence I have in myself. Regret is a difficult thing to deal with but one we must move on from if we want to live healthily.
            I can think of so many moments: if I had just....
            I was discussing this with someone just the other day. If I had just not done that, my life would not be the way it is now. It was true. But...it does not follow that my life has lessened in its quality.

Let me share this experience with you.. A boy who was a very slow learner, it took him three hours to understand what people understood in 30 minutes.. Always coming out last, always made to answer questions in class, so it's peers could laugh, he spent 5 years trying to make a difference atleast to prove in class that he was one percent smart.. He left High school, the poorest result was He's at a point, he wanted to run to a place where no one can find him. He was could Frank later know as "shame that shine". Why do I love this story.. To be brief, "Mr Shame that shines" later grew to "Success that smiles". How and when.. Frank spent 11 years trying to change is life, He new from the very start that he wasn't bright, he realize that he need to learn, He spent days and endless night trying to prove that he could rise and shine.. At a point he wanted to run.. Who wouldn't ? 12 years of constant try to amend one mistake, and still couldn't fly.. I would. But My frank a.k.a Shame that Shines, later rose to the top, how did he learn, what made him not to quit ?.. He only realize that is life was dear to Him that created Him.. Our being alive today simply means God loves us and has a perfect plan for us.. As long we refuse to quit. We may not always get it right, but at least we realize we are wrong and we are striving to do best. It is all that matters. Some how we've survive till this very moment, that has to count for something

1. mary615 profile image83
              mary615posted 12 years agoin reply to this

This sounds like a good Hub!

Thanks

2. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I would change nothing. I see no need to change anything in which has happened in my life. Everything happens for a reason, even if that reason isn't yet known. What you can do is to move forward after learning from the experience for which you put yourself into to begin with by your own choice.

Very impressive
        With this lesson learnt
        You are everything that glows..
        But now I know if you had to live today twice..
        You will change everything that made you cry and stole your precious time.

1. Cagsil profile image70

?

We all at one point in our life wished we could fly

Really? Are you sure of that?

Have you stop to wonder why ..
                Tomorrow is just another reason to want ?
                Our life has not always being enough
                We always at one point wanted more..
                No matter how brighter each day seems
                Deep down we realize that something needs to be done.

roll

Am guessing you see. We sometimes need another chance

2. BfoBarney profile image60
    BfoBarneyposted 12 years ago

Do my homework!

Do

3. Capedium profile image71

A perfect life does not exist

Atleast beyond this chores I think I am right

4. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

"The picture that stays in your mind will happen in time." - Mike Murdock

It will but only if you are willing to try
      Putting to practice everything you've learnt
      Comfort is one big paradise in our heart
      But it wouldn't count if we care less the thing that has kept us in the dark for so many years..
      We will change our entire life if we could live it twice.
      The truth.. There is so many wish we didn't get

5. brittanytodd profile image87
    brittanytoddposted 12 years ago

I think that everything I have done in the past has made me who I am today.  I try to live without doing things I will regret and it works for me. 

One question, why is this thread categorized under "Books, Literature and Writing"?

I love poetry I guess I was too blind to see..
      Can it be changed...
      You are an inspiring story..
      I wish life could always be this right
      Knowing when to fight and call a retreat
      So far you've live a life.. I have always secretly craven for
      And I must say. If this much about you is true
      You are everything we will be
      If we had a second chance

1. brittanytodd profile image87
        brittanytoddposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am too a fan of poetry,
        but find it often misplaced
        in places where we cannot find
        its true meaning.

Regret is the desire to do what is impossible:
        Change the past.
        As this is no simple task,
        I attempt to shape what I can:
        The future.

This is a good hub..
          It's a whole new world..
          But remember Today is what tomorrow brings
          The future is what we build..
          It started sometime ago Yesterday..
          The past is always present
          Thanks

6. aware profile image68
    awareposted 12 years ago

i wish id had bought that time machine .at the time i figured  i had plenty. but little did i know the sands were running out

Atleast now you will always remember to way your options..

7. pajamazzon profile image61
    pajamazzonposted 12 years ago

I wish i finished my college degree but i was fortunate to work in an advertising agency from the bottom of the employment pyramid till where i am right now.

I wish i spend more time with my father, i wish i didn't date some jerks, I wish i have take the time to date some nice guys.

See how much better you feel..
      The first step to success is realizing when we didn't get it right..
      Best of luck friend.. Happy New year..

8. Capedium profile image71

It helps to know what we could do differently should we have another chance..

9. Smokes Angel profile image60
    Smokes Angelposted 12 years ago

I guess most of the things I have done and regretted, I learned something from so there really isn't much I would redo except maybe try to be closer to God

That counts for something.. Thanks for dropping by. I appreciate your view.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)