how is it that racism still exists?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (61 posts)
  1. tlmcgaa70 profile image59
    tlmcgaa70posted 12 years ago

isnt this supposed to be the enlightened era? yet racism and prejudicism  not only still exists, it is rampant.

1. AshtonFirefly profile image71
      AshtonFireflyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

As long as the human nature exists, there will be racism and prejudice...

1. prettydarkhorse profile image61
        prettydarkhorseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

plus one, too bad when racists put it into action

2. tlmcgaa70 profile image59
        tlmcgaa70posted 12 years agoin reply to this

but why should it? what makes a person feel so superior over another that to them that other person should not even be treated like a human but like an animal? doesnt looking like a human, thinking like a human, feeling like a human and talking like a human make someone human? i just simply do not understand the mind of a racist.

1. A Troubled Man profile image57
          A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Your religion, for one.

2. profile image49
          Jesus was a hippoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Humans are animals.

3. elationstate profile image62
        elationstateposted 12 years agoin reply to this

hmm isn't it a little harsh to say human nature? There are good in the world too you know....
        I think it's more the distinction of race is what creates racism, for if we considered ourselves as not many races but as one beings, one race, I think it really wouldn't be a problem smile
        But the same problem arises when we meet aliens...

It is simply one aspect of human nature. I didn't imply that human nature was bad in all cases...

1. elationstate profile image62

But as you stated, as long as human nature exists racism would still exist, whether or not the aspect that you refer to were to disappear. As such whether it be the biological need to eat, or learn through social means, human nature in itself would be intrinsically evil. But I'm just being nit picky here.
            Another note on that however is that you can't justify the belief of a individuals/groups belief of racism, whether it be about distinct cultural or physical features another group, because the belief of that itself doesn't spawn from this "human nature", if such set exists. To say a set belief exists due to the existence of a certain set of inborn inherent qualities in regards to racism is just being ignorant of the problem.

Ok let me be more specific...
              Racism isn't an aspect of human nature. The capability of our ego inflating to such a degree that we hate those who do not meet our standards, is always capable of happening so long as humans are around because humans have ego. As Cagsil and I debated somewhere else, it might be questionable to say that ego is a part of human nature, as I originally stated. But it is existent in humans, in whatever case. Or has the capability of existing. Hence my post...

2. A Thousand Words profile image66
          A Thousand Wordsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If we didn't judge on race, we would find something else. Class. Number of goats. Whatever.

It may very well be the strong will to survive that plays a part. People want to survive, and they want to believe that their race, and their country, and their "whatever" is better, and with this united attitude, things are preserved, and people who have a strong will to survive will fight anything that might threaten the survival of these things (race, country, class, etc)

There are certainly ways to live without doing this, but it's quite hard in modern society.

1. elationstate profile image62

Yes however in the forum right now we're currently talking about racism, not social, economic inequalities/hierarchy, nobility, etc.
            And surely you may have a point with the strong will to survive plays a part in developing racism, however your just throwing speculative ideas of how it may have developed. Even if we were to take that idea into consideration, why would it still be developed in the modern society today? Are there dangers in regards to conflict with a group with different physicality or cultural characteristics to those groups that are currently racist? I'd say yes and I would also say that their survival is being threatened. But it's not from an opposing race of any kind, but from globalization and the generations that critically think and question the logic behind discriminating a certain group because of their appearance and cultural characteristics.
            So personally, survival in modern society from an opposing race, not such a big threat in my life, so can't say it's been that hard not to develop any racial thoughts in the modern society.

4. uncorrectedvision profile image60
        uncorrectedvisionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hear, hear. We are, by our nature, flawed - in some cases terribly flawed.  How often do those of us who do not look at "race" first still make mental notes of how someone else is inferior or superior to us.  It just goes to show we are all a little neurotic.

lol indeed we are smile
          and I agree...we do often make mental notes about superiority/inferiority.  Whether it be concerning that person's beauty, IQ, skills etc. The worst part is, we don't even realize we're doing it unless we really monitor ourselves. I sadly find myself doing this alot as well. Good insight.

5. A Troubled Man profile image57
        A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Really? Is that what you find, that all people naturally are racist and prejudiced, or do we find that there is some sort of ideology driving that racism and prejudice?

1. profile image49
          Jesus was a hippoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"Us and them" is kind of an evolutionary trait. Not everyone still has it, but it is quite common.

2. AshtonFirefly profile image71

No, that is not what I find. I didn't mean that all people are naturally racist and prejudiced.

2. wheelinallover profile image76
      wheelinalloverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Many of my friendships I have found are because most my life was spent so different from the rest of the world. I was raised to live as my Indian ancestors had. Not knowing the English language when I started school didn't help either. Growing up in Southern California there were many times I was darker skinned than even those well tanned. For many years the only ones who associated with me were those who also faced prejudice. Even though my skin is "white" now the Indian heritage I carry shows through. The fact that I have been wheelchair bound for over 20 years carries it's own prejudice.

My fathers heritage did kick in when I was 25 so I am bearded now. An allergy to metal keeps me that way. There are too many people who are prejudiced against even people who are bearded.

The internet they said was to be the great equalizer. Even that has changed. Pictures are almost a requirement now if you plan to earn online. People are even prejudiced about the amount of education a person has, or doesn't.

I do however see great strides personally with this issue. People are beginning to see that self education is often worth more than a piece of paper saying someone finished a course of training. The truth is anyone who lives to be my age and learns something everyday has no choice but to become educated. In my case well enough to mentor first and second year college students.

I don't care who doesn't like me. Many of the people who face prejudice come to this point. "Accept me for who I am or get out of my life". Those who can see past the "trappings" are the only people worth having in my life.

3. mio cid profile image61
      mio cidposted 12 years agoin reply to this

racism is rampant now because of the economic crisis in the US IT IS FUELED BY FEAR and the right wing nut talking heads that prey on people's ignorance and insecurity and minorities are not only an easy target but also allegations about them can many times go unanswered.

4. Quilligrapher profile image73
      Quilligrapherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The keen observation in your second sentence actual refutes the unsupported assumption in the first!

1. Michele Travis profile image66
        Michele Travisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You are not correct.  Politicians do create fear in order for themselves to be elected.  That is why they are blaming Obama for many things that started before he came into office.   Presidential candidates are not answering questions very well.  Our government is  trying to control people, look at the patriot act.  There is much more I could type onto this page, but I might do so later.

1. Quilligrapher profile image73
          Quilligrapherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am sorry, Ms. Travis, but I do not understand. I must be missing something. I said existing racism contradicts the OP’s unsupported assumption that “this [is] supposed to be the enlightened era.” Can you help me to understand how this relates to your opinion of politicians?

Politicians have not done much lately.  They have simply argued.  They have not taken care of  any problems that need to be to be taken care of now.  However, racism is related to politics.   Do you remember how happy many people were when we had " The first black president"?  There are many more white politicians then black.  I am sorry you do not understand that many of the issues in our country are interconnected with each other.

5. Repairguy47 profile image59
      Repairguy47posted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you ask some people they would say our federal government isn't large enough. If you ask me I would say some people just hate and the size of government will never change that. But, I'm from one of those backward states where we say Ma'am and Sir.

if that is an example of a backwards state repairguy, then i could wish all our states were "still backwards'> i miss mannered and polite people.

6. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is the information age, not the age of enlightenment although one would think that with all the information available to us, we, as a species, would begin to 'get it'. 

IMO, bigotry and racism are a byproduct of fear.  Fear comes from a subconscious sense of being inadequate.  Those who won't look to themselves and the reasons for their feelings of fear and inadequecy will always project their own pain onto others.  They prey on the weak or meek and tend to work collectively.  Where there is prejudice, they will glom onto the bandwagon and fuel the fire mistaking the taking of someone else's power as having power of their own.

7. Wayne Brown profile image81
      Wayne Brownposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Take a look at racism through a different set of eyes...look at it as a function of commercial gain or profit. There are those who rose from the era of the civil rights movement with a new perspective...they could make money off their own people as long as they kept the wheels of turmoil turning. Reverend Jackson has been going to companies for years telling them that he can make the conflicts go aways all for the tighty sum of a six-figure donation to his rainbow coalition. He doesn't care about resolving the issues of racism in America...to the contrary...a peaceful coexistence of races in America spell only one thing to him...bankruptcy.  The races that make up America have to realize that there are people among us who are getting rich off of racism and doing so because we are allowing ourselves to be manipulated into conflict on a regular basis. If we want to heal racism, we have to get these people out of our lives. WB

1. A Thousand Words profile image66

Wow, I never thought about that. Good point! That would get rid of part of the problem!

2. annettemarie profile image61
        annettemarieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree with your statement. Coming from the experience of mandintory busing and segregation in Los Angeles in the 70's.  The government said white students in the suburbs needed to mixed with the black and hispanics. I get the point, but it didn't work.  The students in Los Angeles knew we looked different and harassed us white students everyday.  The whole area of this school was falling apart.  Someone like Rev, Jessie Jackson told them we are mean people, and we make sure they live in a run down area.  We all know that is not true, and we want everyone to get a good education, and prosper despite color, race, or anything.  What is so interesting is the hispanic groups at this school was adamant I was hispanic, and didn't like me hanging out with my friends who were white from my home school.   I believe prejudice comes from what a person is taught by family or told their hardships are fault from a race or group.  We all know children don't look at color or anything to a fellow child/playmate.  It all changes when a child is told not to play with a certain child for his color or race.    annettemarie

2. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

Original sin as nature and its antithesis development and wealth. To get wealth you have to exploit nature. You get to exploit those more natural for their own good, like steal their land
    and give them religion. The lower classes need people below them to assess their value as greater.

3. Alecia Murphy profile image72
    Alecia Murphyposted 12 years ago

Racism is a product of assumed knowledge or a lack of it instead of honestly examining what's in front of you. No one's perfect but I think it's more of a thing where people feel they can project isolated experiences, stereotypes, media portrayals and so forth onto an individual instead of taking the time to see who they are beyond all that.

4. JamesPoppell profile image72
    JamesPoppellposted 12 years ago

Racism is ignorance and unfortunately it will never go away so long as parents keep passing it down to their children.

5. thost profile image60
    thostposted 12 years ago

Insecurity. They are a threat to our tribe. It’s not their completion or where they come from. You don’t know them and they don’t talk to you. Maybe you are not talking to them either. Culture and religion can create a gap; lots of things create barriers. Be open, sometimes you should not think too deeply about what people say. For you may find insult there, that was never meant to be.

6. poetvix profile image57
    poetvixposted 12 years ago

I see racism as a tool that is used by the elite of this world to keep the populace divided and distracted so they can run the show.  It has been going on for eons.  It’s not just about race either.  This tool of the most evil uses religion, gender, anything that is readily observable or easily identifiable.  Many today learned it from their parents and them from theirs.  It is subtly promoted by the systems that surround us daily in an effort to maintain strife and division.  In our current politically correct climate we are supposedly taught not to use the horrible words of the past that were racially biased.  I agree.  But, look what they were replaced with, other divisionary labels instead of just plain human.

I think you are correct.  It is also a way to control people. Instead of all of us standing together and demanding that our government stop paying themsevles so much, taking expensive vacations, giving themselves large pensions.  They are also, increasing the amount of control they have over us. Look at the patriot act.  Racism can keep all of the people from working together to help each other.  If all groups could get together regardless of color, sex, etc, then tell the government who we will put into office and why, them perhaps our situations would get better.  They would pay more attention to us, then themselves.

1. poetvix profile image57
        poetvixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I concur.  It keeps us silent.  The new NDAA legislation is something we should all fear.  We no longer have the right to a trial.  No warrant need be issued now to arrest any American citizen anywhere in the world if they are “suspected” of being a terrorist.  Funny is it not, the Tea Party were labeled that not so long ago.  I never saw them doing anything violent, yet the label sticks in peoples minds.

7. Kilaminjaro525 profile image58
    Kilaminjaro525posted 12 years ago

It's simple, actually. You can thank historical grievances and society's barriers for it, as well as current cultural balances, ie a typical black American has a different lifestyle than a typical white American

1. poetvix profile image57
      poetvixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

While there is truth in what you say, I contend that there is no such thing as typical for any group.  For instance, a poor white American growing up in MS has a very different life than a middle class white American growing up in Philly whose life is very different from a well to do white American growing up in Hawaii.  I think part of the error of this PC thinking is that it lumps all of one subgroup into just that, a subgroup.  We are all individuals.  We are all different.   What I think we should be concentrating on, at least in America, is that we are all American.

1. profile image0
        AntonOfTheNorthposted 12 years agoin reply to this

But isn't 'we are all American' just as much a generalisation as 'we are all black', 'they are all muslim' , 'we are all men'?

We are all different.  Once we start actually dealing with individuals instead of the imposition of what group we think they belong to, then racism becomes difficult.

Afterall, what is racism?  Is it not judging/treating someone based on your opinion of what you think the attributes of their group are?

Women are gentler
        Men have a one-track mind
        Americans are rude
        Republicans are stupid
        Democrats are stupid
        Christians are . . .
        Muslims are. . .
        Liberals are . . .
        Canadians are. . .

All of these are essentially racist statements

For me to judge your activity based on you being an American, not knowing you beyond some words on a screen. . .  that is just as racist.

There are those who would dismiss what you say merely because you are patriotic.

There are those who would swallow it whole, only because you are American.

When we start actually talking to each other and listening to each other, that is when racism cannot flourish.

Requires commitment, no?

cheers

I agree! Well said, in my opinion! Too often am I dismissed for being an African American young woman in certain situations, because the color of my skin somehow negates what I have said or am about to say.

I think to a degree we are all guilty of this and the more we become aware and educated, the better we will become at not stereotyping, and get rid of the need for putting a label on everything. I certainly don't feel the need anymore.

But there are certain thinking patterns that are perpetuated in our society that make it almost impossible to stop putting labels on people and situations, from both certain religious views, and also certain view that many non-religious people have. I mean, to a certain degree, labels are necessary for some kind of order or function. But, I should, at the end of the day, be able to say that I am just "me," whatever that may look like. I might be American, an Agnostic, a student, and whatever else. But, I am "me" and that's who you should talk to, and the same goes and should go for everyone else.

I'm "preaching" to myself here, LoL. While I've gotten much better at this, I still catch myself doing it. But, I find as I let life teach me, it does, so I won't force it...

8. mriaskiable profile image60
    mriaskiableposted 12 years ago

Racism is the greatest excuse to expose human violence and imprudent behavior Too  many Differences and diversity provokes jealousy among human of low self esteem! Unfortunately!It will always be

9. profile image0
    Longhunterposted 12 years ago

When you have government officials that constantly play the race card to oppose those that disagree with them rather than own up to their own failed policies, racism will never go away completely.

10. GoldenBird profile image57
    GoldenBirdposted 12 years ago

Human beings were not created equal. Some people tried to artificially impose that prejudice that they were equal. All things artificial wither away with time.

1. Josak profile image59
      Josakposted 12 years agoin reply to this

you have serious issues

11. aware profile image67
    awareposted 12 years ago

if a black bear  hates a polar bear is he racist?

1. profile image0
      Longhunterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not if the black bear is a Democrat. If he's a Dem, it's perfectly okay for him to hate anyone and everyone he wants.

12. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 12 years ago

Racism exists because we wanted it to exist. In the back of some people's minds they are holding onto the lies and the stereotypes they have been fed down through the years.

The idea that ALL HUMAN beings are the same is just a truth some people refuse to accept.

Some people hold on to ignorance with the notion that if him/they are less than that make us superior. No one ever considers that they may be the ones who are less.

Racism is an idea born out of ignorance and we embrace this ignorance by our silence and or our acceptance.

13. Evan G Rogers profile image60
    Evan G Rogersposted 12 years ago

Racism exist because it is learned. But not learned in the sense that liberals want you to think it is learned. That is to say, it isn't handed down from generation to generation, it is learned anew each generation by individuals through their own experiences.

This is also the reason why you would run away in terror if you walked into your home and found a tiger on the couch. Sure, that particular tiger has never done you any harm, nor has any cat in your life time. But you've learned through documentaries that tigers can be mean and will eat humans if they're hungry enough.

Humans learn about their world by interacting with it. The more they interact with something the more they learn about it.

For example, if you see a glass shoe on a table, you would first say "that's a shoe", but then say "it would hurt to wear" and then add "it's on a table..." and then you'd also notice "There is only one". With these limited interactions, you come to understand -- without anyone else's input - that the shoe is actually a decoration. You could be right, you could be wrong (Cinderella may live there), it doesn't matter. The point is just that, with your limited interaction, you learn about your world.

For example, I try to be as non-racist as possible. Yet, many people I know who are waiters/waitresses have told me - relentlessly and without exception - that "blacks don't tip".

They learned this "racism" from their own experiences. Two of those people are even dating a black person at this point.

It's learned understanding, and the only way to end it is to act the way that you want to be treated.

Some people have treated racism as the early steps of speciation. "How is it that so many similar species of animals can exist?" they ask. Well, racism happens pretty fast, apparently. It is learned anew by individuals generation after generation. X is different than Y, and should be avoided. Thus, speciation begins to take place as the two similar races avoid one another.

1. SpanStar profile image60
      SpanStarposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I can accept part of your article but racism is passed down and I can remember the name of the father and son of the KKK who was grooming his son in racial hate, the Civil War is a good example of racism being passed down.

Their is nothing new about racism-it's the same old ignorance it's always been.

1. Evan G Rogers profile image60
        Evan G Rogersposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Some of my grandparents are quite racist, perhaps my parents are too. But I'm a quite a bit less racist than them.

It is not naturally handed down.

14. profile image0
    AntonOfTheNorthposted 12 years ago

The 'enlightened era' of which you speak has happened before.

the notion that we are 'enlightened' is itself a 'rascist' statement as it implies that those members of previous societies were inferior, based solely on the fact that they preceded us.

Society cycles.  It is not a linear progression from primitive to advanced.  We rise and we fall.

The difference between 'civilized' and 'savage' is only about 30 days.  That's how long the food available in any city can last.

If fear and anger are our motivators, racism results.  almost every time.

cheers

15. mtalbot2987 profile image68
    mtalbot2987posted 12 years ago

Racism exists because humans will always have ignorance and a fear of the unknown. The more educated people become the more they understand and the less the judge people based on culture.

1. rebekahELLE profile image86
      rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

+

As long as there are humans there will be degrees of racism.  I think educating oneself about other cultures and the human race in general helps, but some will choose to hold onto their racist views their entire lives. hmm

16. maxoxam41 profile image64
    maxoxam41posted 12 years ago

Yes, how is it? This is a good question? For who? Did you just notice it this morning waking up? It came as a revelation?

17. pstraubie48 profile image81
    pstraubie48posted 12 years ago

i feel certain that no one really knows the WHY...but the fact remains it is alive and well.
    however i read a number of responses before responding and it sounds like many believe it to be 'one way'...that the largest form of racism is a color issue. am inclined to agree with that part...but i disagree that it is 'one way.' the suggestion i heard in many posts is that the white on darker skin was the dominant form of prejudice. if we acknowledge that it exists, we must then acknowledge that no matter what the race, all of us have our issues to one degree or another. we do show prejudice in other areas as well...not just in the racial arena.
    it has been expressed through postings i have read...where one considers his or her belief system to be superior to all others.
    we all need to take a closer look at ourselves....and learn to be more accepting.

We certainly ought to do some self-reflection!!

18. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 12 years ago

There will always be those who hate and fear others for being different from themselves.

19. profile image0
    Muldaniaposted 12 years ago

Racism has been in the news again today, after the MP Diane Abbott acused white people of playing "divide and rule" and that taxi drivers refuse to pick up black customers.  It seems that the issue of race will always be there.

20. Druid Dude profile image61
    Druid Dudeposted 12 years ago

Racism doesn't exist. What it is is the fear of someone different from yourself, your family group, clan or tribe. It's the same thing with fear of extra-terrestrials if they exist. Fear of strangers and the unknown. Fear of change, fear of the future. Jealousy is related, envy. Arrogance and avarice. But racism is a fiction. It really is ignorance. A strong gene pool is a diverse gene pool. Simple DNA.

thats like saying cars dont exist, they are just a complex machine that can transport you from point a to point be. racism does exist. it is what we call it when one person or a group of people consider themselves superior over another simply because of the color of their skin, or their nationality.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)