Do the Denver Broncos really have a chance?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)
  1. cleaner3 profile image69
    cleaner3posted 12 years ago

There is a lot of talk going on about how the Denver Broncos have NO chance to win their upcoming playoff game this sunday. I would like all you amatuer football prognosticators to tell me a few reasons why this could be the biggest upset in football since last years loss by the New Orleans Saints to th Seattle Seahawks. Remember what Chris Berman always says "THATS WHY THEY PLAY THE GAME."

1. Max Dalton profile image83
      Max Daltonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Because the Steelers score a lot of points by throwing deep passes to their fast receivers. Big Ben's leg injury limits his throwing power and prevents him from throwing the deep ball like he does when he's healthy. Mendenhall being hurt is big not because Ike Redmond is bad, but because the third string guy may not be very good, which means Ike won't get to take a break as often. Also, the Denver coaches do a good job of working with Tebow and not forcing him to do something he can't do. If they keep the ball on the ground and mix it up with the occasional pass and limit the turnovers, they'll be fine. I think Denver's in a good position to put up a good fight, and maybe even win. I think it comes down to who has the better defense, and Denver has the better D.

2. teamelite21 profile image61
      teamelite21posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, to start of with, you never know. I mean, who really thought KC would beat Green Bay? You know, the whole "Any Given Sunday" But other than that, the Steelers are going to be missing a few guys. Plus, Denver is one of the worst places to play, especially if you are not use to it. Ask the Steelers' CB Clark. Also, if Tebow can keep the turnovers minimum they got a good shot. Basically because they keep offenses of the field. Same reason I though they had a shot againts New England. They have a chance, but im sure they are not favored to win by too many people. i hope they do though.

2. JoshuaDR profile image62
    JoshuaDRposted 12 years ago

I don't know if they have a great chance but they have a chance.  I went to college at South Carolina and hated Teabow. Now that he is in the pros and gets hated on so much I am pulling for the guy. I am a Cleveland Browns fan, so I will be pulling against the Steelers.

Prediction Steelers 24 - Denver 13

1. cleaner3 profile image69
      cleaner3posted 12 years agoin reply to this

the broncos have nothing to lose, in fact they are supposed to lose. Tebow always has faith on his side remember. If the coaches just stick to their game plan and run the ball, play defense and field position the Broncos  might have a chance. If that defense shows up the Broncos have a good chance!

3. I am DB Cooper profile image62
    I am DB Cooperposted 12 years ago

The Broncos have home field advantage (a sign the NFL needs to change the way it seeds playoff teams -- the Steelers won 50% more games than the Broncos this season), which means a lot in Denver because that stadium is loud and the air is thin. Ryan Clark will sit out the game for Pittsburgh because of that thin air and the complications it might cause with his sickle cell anemia. Big Ben is injured, and several other injured Steelers players are currently not practicing but on the "expected to play" list.

The key to the Broncos winning this game is finding a new way to use Tim Tebow's "unique" talents. Teams pretty much figured out that Broncos offense in the final three weeks of the season, so they've got to do something new. The Broncos defense might be able to keep them in this game, especially with the injury to Big Ben, so I think there's a good chance Tebow will at least have a shot for some more late-game heroics.

4. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago

Anybody can win during playoff!! But I will say Go Steelers!!

5. cleaner3 profile image69
    cleaner3posted 12 years ago

The steelers went to Denver,  thought they had an easy game
    Big Ben was hobbling, he just  did not play the same
    They battled back and forth, slugged it out toe to toe
    The weather it was cold, full of sleet and snow
    and When the Steelers left, they could not believe their eyes
    they were on the losing score, and had been brought down to size
    Go Broncos, Run, Timmy, Run

6. optimus grimlock profile image61
    optimus grimlockposted 12 years ago

no mendenhal a 70% ben they have a chance not a big one but theres hope! O man this could be one of the story book games the steelers are winning tebow gets hurt and quinn steps in for a comeback win. Hey it could happen but........

7. bruzzbuzz profile image59
    bruzzbuzzposted 12 years ago

One of the things people forget in the Tebow mania is that Denver has a good defense that can keep the game close. That is why they have a chance.

8. Matt in Jax profile image60
    Matt in Jaxposted 12 years ago

The Broncos definitely have a chance in the game and could easily win. DB Cooper explained it the best.

9. I am DB Cooper profile image62
    I am DB Cooperposted 12 years ago

Injuries doomed the Steelers in this one. When I heard Maurkice Pouncey wasn't going to play, I put my money on the Broncos to win outright, not just cover the spread. All the other injuries made it look like it could be closer than people were predicting, but losing a Pro Bowl center is one of those things that can devastate an offense. As it turned out, bad snaps and pressure up the middle hampered Pittsburgh throughout the game. Side note: Pouncey was also inactive for the Steelers loss to the Packers in last year's Super Bowl.

Tebow took advantage of a defense that challenged him to throw deep despite not playing one of their top defensive players, safety Ryan Clark. Clark would have been able to play if this game was in Pittsburgh, but the thin Denver air creates complications with his sickle cell anemia. He lost two organs and nearly 30 pounds last time he played in Denver.

This creates an interesting matchup for next week. The Patriots have one of the worst pass defenses in history, so we'll probably see Tebow throwing the ball at least as much as he did this week. Will the Broncos defense be able to stop the Patriots, who gained 451 yards on them in Denver (this game will be played in New England) less than a month ago?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)