Eddie Murphy wants to make a "Beverly Hills Cop" tv show

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 12 years ago

In recent news, Eddie Murphy commented that there will not be another "Beverly Hills Cop" movie because, and I quote, the recent drafts for the script were rehashes of the previous films; thus he felt the script ideas that he was getting felt contrived and forced.  Therefore, I apologize fans of "Beverly Hills Cop", you won't see Eddie Murphy doing another movie to this franchise...

However, he did mention that he's very interested in producing a prime time TV series, as sort of a spin off to the films.  In a recent interview in Rolling Stone Magazine, he mentioned how the new tv series would revolve around Axel Foley's son, and Axel would be the chief of police up in detroit; featuring Eddie Murphy reprising his role as Axel of course.  Anyway, what are your thoughts on this?  Good idea?  Bad Idea?  Or just don't give a damn?  What are your thoughts?

1. smcopywrite profile image61
      smcopywriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

rumor has it he didnt want to do the original movies. however, he was contracted for at least three so he did. i am not certain you will find him doing a tv show based on the movie he didnt want to do anyway, but you never know.

1. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well that's not what he said in Rolling Stone Magazine though, as they have him saying that he's clearly interested in doing the show.  Personally, I think we'll have to wait and see.  Like I said before, the only way I can see this show working is if Axel's son gets transferred from Detroit to Beverly Hills, as there's really only so many reasons and stories that you can conjure up an excuse for why a Detroit cop has to keep going back to Beverly Hills.

2. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

oh boy

freeze don't move

disaster is a coming

hi bruce willis! tongue

big_smile

2. profile image0

Personally, the only way that I can see this show working is if they write it to where Axel's son gets transferred to the police station from detriot to beverly hills.  this way, it saves the writers the trouble of constantly trying to figure out excuses on why the hell a detroit cop would need to go to beverly hills in the first place for almost every single damn episode.  Hell, they could still do their fish out of water jokes with Axel's son adjusting to beverly hills' life, and this way the writers could focus on delivering us a quality show.

3. profile image0

Anyone else got something to say about this? smile

4. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

FINALLY!!!

My dreams have been answered!

5. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

I'll definitely watch the first couple of episodes if they make a show. I loved 'The Good Guys'. It was somewhat on the same lines. I don't know why that was taken off of the air, so I hope Eddie moves forward fast.

6. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 12 years ago

wow really? the movies werent bad but they werent good either better then 48hrs. Looking forward to seeing his new movoe with ben stiller looks funny!

7. mtkomori profile image88
    mtkomoriposted 12 years ago

Eddie Murphy was great on the "Berverly Hills Cops" movies (aside from Pt 3 which is virtually unwatcheable!) and it would be entertaining to see him reprise his role in a TV series. I haven't seen his movies recently  but he must be getting on in age..the idea of having his son as the protagonist might work in that respect.

8. brimancandy profile image77
    brimancandyposted 12 years ago

I think this would probably go over about as well as the series that was made out of Blazing Saddles. People would watch a few episodes and get bored with it.

Take for example the rehash of Charlie's Angels. I'm wondering if anyone has  seen it? The movie with Jodie foster sucked rocks!! Another show that failed
    miserably was bringing back the bionic woman.

I think fans of the movie might stick around, but if there is anything better up against it, it will fail. But, if they put something like that up against
    my sunday cartoons...I'll be really mad!!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)