A Trio of Hubs with Nil Views But Good Content...

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Winterfate profile image95
    Winterfateposted 12 years ago

...or at least I believe it's good content. I purged my 19 worst performing hubs a few hours ago and announced it. Cagsil talked me into looking them over again and posting some here. While most are too far gone (just easier to erase and rewrite, frankly), these three have potential.

http://winterfate.hubpages.com/hub/The- … Phenomenon

http://winterfate.hubpages.com/hub/Face … ngled-Mess

(Did Winterfate just post a hub link that's NOT about videogames?! Yes, I do write about other things...it's just horribly rare. Maybe that's part of the reason my traffic stinks?)

http://winterfate.hubpages.com/hub/Hind … Videogames

I'm going to bed now (it's 1:30 AM and I go in to work at 10AM), so I'll probably be back to check this at around 7PM or so.

Thanks in advance for your help fellow Hubbers! big_smile

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

You know it's a surprise that this thread went 18 hours without anyone coming into it. hmm

3. Cagsil profile image71

Okay the hub below?

http://winterfate.hubpages.com/hub/The- … Phenomenon

I would suggest you try a different format. The pictures should be on the side of text, so the text wraps around the picture. The pictures are breaking up the flow of your article. Not to mention, your tags? They make no mention of any names of the videogames you're talking about.

4. Cagsil profile image71

Okay this hub below?

http://winterfate.hubpages.com/hub/Face … ngled-Mess

I would also work on the format of the hub and tinker with the tags.

5. Cagsil profile image71

Okay this hub below?
    http://winterfate.hubpages.com/hub/Hind … Videogames

I think you can scrap. The title is too long, the format is like the others and I'm not even sure where to begin with tags.

6. Winterfate profile image95
    Winterfateposted 12 years ago

Thanks for the feedback Cagsil! I think I have more questions than answers now though. tongue

Let's see:

1. How should I do tags? Should I tag everything I mention in my hubs, or just the more important stuff?

2. What do you consider the best way to format a hub?

3. What is your recommended size for a hub title? Should the link be identical to the title, or different? Do you have a recommended size for the hub link itself?

You don't have to answer any or all of the questions, but any you do answer are much appreciated. smile

P.S: Scrapped that one hub as well. I already noticed an increase in traffic though, so I think my purge was successful. I need more time to confirm or debunk this thought though, as it hasn't even been a day yet.

1. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I didn't doubt that. You might want to change my "How To Create a Hub : Hub Creation" hub. There is a keyword tool you can use to gauge the power of your keywords and tags. And You're welcome. wink
      You should use tags that are going to be used by searchers to find your hub. You should have those tags a number of times in your content.
      When you look at the hub I told about above, look at it's format, don't just read it. See how it is setup. Sometimes it is fine to put full size pictures, but only when you have lots and lots of text.
      This is answered in that hub I told you to check out. And why?
      Both should be rich with keywords based on your content. They don't have to be exactly the same or remain the same after you begin the Hub Creation process. In the beginning, you can change the URL. Afterward, you cannot change the URL, but you can change the title.
      No.
      If you are seeing an increase in traffic to the hub I told to scrap, then leave it published and don't scrap it. My visit to your hub could have shown up as an increase in traffic to the hub because it had no traffic on average to begin with. So if you are seeing a red arrow next to it, it's because the traffic it is receiving is above it's average. I would still work on it a bit though if you're going to keep it.

7. wordscribe43 profile image90
    wordscribe43posted 12 years ago

I'm mostly curious how much keyword research you do.  I know very little about this niche, so offhand I don't have any suggestions.  I'm just a bit worried about your titles, etc...  I agree, this content is interesting.  But, it can be the world's best content, but will fall way down in the SERPs if you ignore at least some SEO.

1. Winterfate profile image95
      Winterfateposted 12 years agoin reply to this

To be honest I didn't do much keyword research until a few months ago. As these three hubs pre-date that time, that's probably the reason why they appear so discombobulated.

I've been trying to learn effective SEO, but online sources seem to contradict each other in what's the best way to write your content. hmm

Since you said I had an overly long title, I wanted to know what a proper size for a title would be, while still being both SEO friendly and reader friendly. smile
      I'll go check out your hub ASAP!

Oh! Sorry about that. I phrased that poorly. I meant my overall traffic has improved, not that of the hub you recommended I scrap. Hence, why I still scrapped it.

Thanks for all the help Cagsil! I took your advice and am tweaking the formatting of my pictures in my Skyward Sword boss guides (those have the most hits of all of my hubs). It does make my articles look neater! smile

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome. smile

8. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

A proper sized title is anything under 64 characters.  Beyond that, google won't show it in the search results, making the title a guessing game for the reader.

Personally, I think a good title length is around 40 characters, though I seldom make one that short.  I'm usually pushing that boundary of that 64 characters, trying to get more keywords in it while maintaining something a reader can still read.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)