Buddhism is an effeminate religion

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (42 posts)
  1. GoldenBird profile image57
    GoldenBirdposted 12 years ago

Buddhism may be a noble religion, and maybe Christianity took much of its principle from that Buddha's ideas- but in essence, it's a religion for cowards. How do you suppose to maintain your borders from barbarians, with the sublime aid of Buddhism?

1. autumn18 profile image55
      autumn18posted 12 years agoin reply to this

So you are saying effeminate = coward?

1. amymarie_5 profile image65
        amymarie_5posted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's exactly what he's saying.

2. GoldenBird profile image57
        GoldenBirdposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You seem to smell things fast.

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
          couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think you're just trying to stir something up. wink

2. GoldenBird profile image57

big_smile lol

2. aka-dj profile image65
      aka-djposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Buddhist monks perfected & practiced martial arts.

Ya! -Buddha taught them!

2. profile image52
        paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

On what teachings of Buddha?

3. Pearldiver profile image68
      Pearldiverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Clearly your understanding of the principles of a religion that takes into consideration ALL living creatures and teaches its followers to take responsibility for and Change the Negative Energy that is offered by them as a result of Negative Attitudes, past and present..... Is Severely Wanting! sad

That's a pity.. as if you had some genuine understanding of Buddhism, then you would also understand how incredibly hollow your posted statement is! sad

I suppose you find more depth in having a priest reset your negative attitude manually within a confessional so that you don't have to change positively. 
      That's a good Strong, Noble reason to rubbish the things that you don't understand I guess! roll

I guess you understand the concept of Nirvana pretty well. Tell me, what's that? You get the dime!

4. amymarie_5 profile image65
      amymarie_5posted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's An extremely sexist thing to say. Da you think women are cowards? By putting down a religion you just put down an entire gender too. Good job.

Having a big nose creates sensory illusions. They smell much of the un-needed.

5. mischeviousme profile image61
      mischeviousmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Buddhism is not about male or female, it's about refining one's own philosophy and a oneness with everything. I cannot understand Buddhism, for there is nothing to understand about it. It's about getting away from the self and finding the deeper meaning of what it means to be what we are. Life and what it means is a very elusive thing. It bounces around our heads all day long. Why am I here? Is the imposssible question and Buddhism is about accepting that we do not know.

6. A Troubled Man profile image59
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Looks like another one of those 'my religion can beat up your religion' threads. lol

1. mischeviousme profile image61

lol

7. A Troubled Man profile image59

Are you here to argue that the very principles that Christianity is for cowards?

8. profile image52

Present Buddhism does not present true teachings of Buddha; so one can attribute effemenation to Buddhism but not to Buddha.

2. sparkster profile image84
    sparksterposted 12 years ago

Doesn't Buddhism teach you that the kingdom of Heaven is within your own mind and that you should worship the God within you?

That's what I thought anyway.

1. profile image52

That is a teaching common to almost all the religions; and it is truthful in essence.

3. phillippeengel profile image81
    phillippeengelposted 12 years ago

A religion has no human attributes in essence. It is only a set of beliefs and principles. It is up to one to decide how to interpret them.

4. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 12 years ago

Why should your borders be closed?

1. kirstenblog profile image77
      kirstenblogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Maybe because barbarians are scary? Sounds a little cowardly tho, don't it?

1. recommend1 profile image60
        recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

It appears almost impossible to keep the barbarians out - they just over fly with spy and assassin drones from the safety of a hidden portakabin hundreds of miles away, and fire in long range missiles from ships out on the safety of the ocean.  Cowards hardly describes them really does it.

1. profile image52

A good point.

1. profile image0
            Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That, as opposed to the up close and personal beheadings the Muslims are kind enough to offer their buddhist neighbors.

5. GoldenBird profile image57
    GoldenBirdposted 12 years ago

Be a buddhist and have guts to face misery in face, that's the dime of the day. That's the reason religion is fit for cowards. Build your military with monks, that will chill some folks. Life teaches a good sense of humor.

You must see your own hate for what it is, pointing fingers is only making it worse for you. Accept that which is in yourself and you will be able to accept what others do as what they do and then, it will not matter as much. If you feel in such a manner, perhaps there is something in yourself that you have not accepted yet.

I am just seeing what people think about Buddhism, right? They have no idea of things.

Everyone has an idea. But what does anyone realy know about anything? If one points the finger without fully understanding why people do as they do, they probably don't truly know themselve's.

Some may not even properly understand that they have little or no idea that they are meaninglessly pointing out to those who are pointing out to something. We call it wisdom from above.

I call it wisdom from experince. If I did not see my behavior as it was, how can I ever learn from it? I feel I must leave my actions in the past because that is not who I am now. While I learn from past mistakes, it is realy only the wisdom that I carry on from that point on and I apply it to this moment.

Happiness is a wisdom that people seem to use least.

If I am truly to be wise, I must first realize that I will not always be happy. I must also see that I cannot make others feel the way that I feel. I cannot make people see freedom, I can just point out how I've reached said freedom, I cannot convey the actual feeling. That is why every path is a solitary one.

You may not make people see a way. But you can tell them that there are many ways instead of one. If you know which direction, tell them. You made a case. We can make happiness last. That was what they called for when they set free the birds.

2. A Troubled Man profile image59

You mean the thin air above?

6. MelissaBarrett profile image59
    MelissaBarrettposted 12 years ago

Please don't feed the trolls.  It encourages them and makes them feel like others care about the diarrhea that streams from their keyboard.

Is that also not a trollish thing to say? watch your own behavior before pointing out that of another.

7. melpor profile image90
    melporposted 12 years ago

GoldenBird, I believed you misunderstood the meaning of effeminate here. All religions from my understanding of them were created by men and are generally bias toward women. The ideas and thoughts of religions are driven by men. Even the person who is being worshipped is considered to have male characteristics.

8. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

I saw the title and was prone to agree when I came into the thread, at least where the robes are concerned. From a western background, of course. Even kilts come off as a little girlish to me.

But, I got lost reading the OP. You were kidding and we just don't get your odd sense of humor.  Right?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)