Dual Citizenship

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)
  1. mom101 profile image60
    mom101posted 12 years ago

Do you agree with dual citizenship? Why or why not.

1. Josak profile image59
      Josakposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sure I have three citizenships, first off it makes trade easier for me as a bussinesman, second if I decide that one of my countried has done somehting I cant live with i can easily move somewhere else third it allows me to share the roots of my family with more ease for example i can visit my extended family in Argentina without issue, downside is I pay a LOT more tax but thats because I trade in all three and I am more thaan willing to pay it.

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image62
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years ago

..sure...why not?...the ability to easily connect with family and your roots is a good thing - short or long term...i don't visualize borders/restrictions between families

one  example - some aboriginal folks do not see any borders between Canada and the US - their families move back and forth between countries - their land, their roots, their culture, their way of life

1. mom101 profile image60
      mom101posted 12 years agoin reply to this

to my understanding, it wouldn't work that way.

I know several women here who have fallen in love with and married certain people of another country only to find out that their new spouse is already married with children in their home country. Yes, these people work, but, they send the money back home keeping only enough here for their very bare necessities. This is wrong on so many levels.

One, the money being sent out of this country is used to support their family back home, while their family here is more than not being supported by the taxpayers.
      Another, we as citizens of the USA, are not allowed to have more than one spouse. If these people want to come here, then why are they not made to follow the same rules we follow.

Oh, I get it, let's change our rules to accommodate them.  Men can have 2 wives, women can have 2 husbands. In 2 different households.

No, wait. That wouldn't work. Lawyers would get upset as divorce rates would fall. Or maybe they would double. ????

3. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

What do you mean "wouldn't work that way".  It is easy to see how it works, many countries already allow multiple citizenship--and it doesn't seem to have caused them too much trouble.

Citizenship isn't about money, non-citizens can send money wherever they want.  It is about access, obligations (e.g. to pay tax) and rights (e.g. to vote).

4. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

Dual-citizenship to live there, sure...but not to serve in the gvt. For then, where does your loyalty lie?
    We see the results of that...not good for America.

1. Josak profile image59

Your loyalty lies to where you give your pledge that it does, its absolute rubbish to suggest otherwise, I am jsut as much loyal to America as i am to my other countries and if i were to work for the American government they would have my loyalty, its as simple as that.

1. lovemychris profile image76
        lovemychrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I disagree. 330 of our gvt members have pledged to support another nation NO MATTER WHAT.
        Where does USA fit in?

Second place, that's where.

1. Josak profile image59

If they are US citizens then they have taken an oath to serve the US, its as simple as that, indeed the fact that they are living in the US would suggest they favor it over their birth nation wouldn't it? There is no reason someone from another country cant be in government Julia Gillard Priminister of Australia (most powerfull person in the country)  was born in Whales and retains that citizenship BUT that in no way stops her from performing her duties and doing whats best for Australia.

5. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

We must disagree. I think it is totally wrong.

6. Stump Parrish profile image59
    Stump Parrishposted 12 years ago

Josak, most of those oaths aren't worth the bible they were sworn on. Take the Tea Party Republicans for example. They swore an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States that is meaningless in their minds when compared to the oath they swore to support Grover Norquist' and his plan to personally take control this country.  What is the difference in dual citizenship and this type of behavior. They have sworn an oath to over throw the lawful Government of the United States? That BTW is the definition of treason. What is the difference in dual citizenship and the Supreme Joke of a Court's decision to allow foreign corporations to influence and outright purchase our elected non representing representatives?

7. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

I think that if a person acts as a loyal citizen to two nations, they should be recognized as such--no hypotheticals need apply.  It is not like, for example, NZ and Aus are likely to end up at war with each other.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)