New York Giants @ Green Bay Packers

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (49 posts)
  1. wavegirl22 profile image50
    wavegirl22posted 12 years ago

Next week's divisional game between the Giants and Packers should be a good one. Last time they met in Week 13, the Packers won 38-35 in MetLife Stadium. Rodgers engineered a last-minute drive to set up a 31-yard field goal.

The GMen will go into Lambeau Field next week a heavy underdog against an offense that's been close to unstoppable all year. Green Bay this season has gone undefeated at home. By kickoff, it will have been more than 20 days between starts for Aaron Rodgers and more than a month for WR Greg Jennings. Going up against the Packers and Rodgers is alot like when the Giants went up against Tom Brady and the Patriots during the '07 season.

The Giants BELIEVE they can win this game .. . this game should be 'power football" at its best!

Can the GMen do it????

1. profile image52
      Caleb Robertsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The Gmen may have a chance. But going into Lambeau field their chances shrink. Aaron Rodgers and his high calibar WRs are going to put slot of points on the board. The Giants D was good against the falcons but the falcons are not Green bay. Green has ripped every D apart this season, and even though the Giants came very close to beating them Green bay still came through and beat them. But Green bay has lost two of their offensive linemen, if the giants get ALOT of pressure on Rodgers they will mostly likely have a good chance to beat them. But its Lambeau field, the Lambo leap, the hardest and coldest place to play.

2. optimus grimlock profile image61
    optimus grimlockposted 12 years ago

well if tebow can beat the steelers and the giants can beat the falcons then anything can happen!

wavegirl22posted 12 years agoin reply to this

it is the NFL and on any given Sunday anything can happen.

Gotta give it to you optimus grimlock . .. Champ Bailey sure is strutting his stuff! And I hope he stuffs the Pats big time this weekend!

But all I can say. . is GO GIANTS

1. Ron Montgomery profile image58
        Ron Montgomeryposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Champ Bailey got bailed out by Tebow.  He dropped an easy interception that could have sealed the deal earlier.

Ah cmon I had to give optimus grimlock a bone. . ..

Go Giants!

3. Ron Montgomery profile image58
    Ron Montgomeryposted 12 years ago

If Kevin Gilbride stays patient with the run, even if the Giants fall behind early, New York will win.  Rogers has never faced the kind of pressure he will see in this game.

Gilbride is a putz. As much as I love the Giants I hate seeing him on the sidelines.

They are saying if anyone can beat the Packers it will be the Giants.

Mental game has to be there.

And of course a whole lot of salsa dancing!

What have you got against Gilbride?  I don't know much about him.

they say a picture says 1000 words......

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6006368_f248.jpg

You hate him for scratching his nads?

putz

2. 910chris profile image75
            910chrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Just a man being a man.

4. teamelite21 profile image61
    teamelite21posted 12 years ago

They can. I think they are the ones in the NFC that has the best shot. Packers can be beat, they had a few close calls in regular season. Plus, remember when the Giants defeated the Patriots in the Super Bowl when they were undefeated? They played in the regular season too. Giants lost a very close game. I think a repeat could happen here. If the Giants had not already played the Packers, I wouldn't be so optimistic about them winning. But the Giants' d-line is def not something to mess with. They will do their best to get to Rodgers. If they get there often, they win this game. Oh yeah, offense needs to keep the Packers' O off the field. That's the keys to the game for the Giants.

5. I am DB Cooper profile image64
    I am DB Cooperposted 12 years ago

They have a chance, because that Packers defense is truly awful. In a shootout who knows what can happen. One turnover can mean the game. Home field advantage should be huge for the Packers. In the wild card round all the home teams won, including the Broncos, who were big underdogs.

6. optimus grimlock profile image61
    optimus grimlockposted 12 years ago

gilbrid doesnt use jacobs right or the running game for that matter. I think tou need to get buddy ryan to punch him in the mouth again so he calls a good games for any chance to beat the pack!

7. wavegirl22 profile image50

You got that right, Giants are healthy and ready to go!

#ALLin

Giants defense Getting Its Wish, The Pack Again

You finally 'get' me!

1. 910chris profile image75

You better believe that the G-MEN are going in the with all the energy of the energizer bunny!! Between Manning, Nicks, Cruz ,Bradshaw on offense; it's lights out! Not to mention there amazing defense that they have going with everyone healthy right now, it has all come together at the right time and quite nicely! New York Giants to the Super Bowl!!!

8. Paul Kuehn profile image93
    Paul Kuehnposted 12 years ago

The Packers will definitely have their hands full with the Giants this weekend.  Being a Packers fan, I remember what the Giants did in the NFC championship game in January of 2008 when they came into Lambeau and beat Favre and the Packers.  The Packers can win the game but they must do many things.  First, the offensive line must be up to generating a running game and protecting Rodgers.  If the offensive line fails, forget it, the Packers will need their defense to play the game of their lives and come up with turnovers.  I would really hate to bet on this game, because I see it as dead even.

9. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 12 years ago

This is a harder game to call than most folks think.  The Giants have a better defense and are peaking at the right time of year.  If the Giants resurrecting their running game continues, I think it's a pick'em game.  The Packers, besides being the best team right now have confidence.  I guess I give the Packers the slight edge, but I won't be surprised if the Giants win.  It's going to be a very good football weekend!

10. profile image58
    Timmy Hposted 12 years ago

My best friend's bro is a huge Packers fan and is flying up for the game. He's a better man than I. The only place I want to be Sunday is in front of a warm fire and my TV set. Let's not make the mistake and compare this game to 2007. A lot of personnel has changed since then. This is the 2011 Giants against the 2011 Packers. Nothing that happened four years ago will affect Sunday. It should be a good game though. A wise man (from New York) once told me when in doubt go with the team that has the better quarterback. I like Eli, but Rodgers is better.
    Truth be told I don't gamble but watch the line, especially when a New York team is involved. If the heavy money starts going on the Giants beware.

11. DRVetOIF3 profile image60
    DRVetOIF3posted 12 years ago

Honestly, this could be an upset alert--as is throughout the divisional round.  With the exception of the Patriots game--depending on the Broncos' showing, the road teams (New Orleans, Houston, NY) may win.  Particularly in the consensus that Eli Manning can keep up with Aaron Rodgers and the Giants D is light years better than that of the Packers--ranked 32nd in total defense.

1. profile image52

Eli can keep up with Rodgers?? Wait a minute..... who barely brought their team to the playoffs and who brought their team by a big margin!! RODGERS! Eli couldn't keep up with Rodgers even if his mom was playing to him, he sucks! And really? Their defence is worse than the Giants?? Wait.... can u remind me who won last time?? Oh yeah thats right, the Packers!! There isn't gonna be any upset nor will be!! If Eli can get his mom to play for him then maybe they have a chance!

Yea, I bet you also think that Tebow is better than Eli too right? Give me a break! Do you remember who won when it mattered most last time? Oh yea, that's right; the GIANTS! Just like in 07 when the Packers beat the Giants in the REGULAR season and lost to the Giants in the PLAYOFFS! How much football do you watch? Let me guess, are you another one of those bandwagon fans that shouldnt be hear.

910chris

sometimes its best to ignore smelly socks!

Point is  . .we know better. . .Giants are #ALLin and this is going to be a fun ride . ..

Big Blue Wrecking Crew

2. profile image52

Hahahahaha! Wait..... how about u update yourself! RODGERS is probably going to the hall of fame. Where is Eli going?? Yes i remember. The luck pass! I couldve thrown that crap up in the air! It was his WR that made the greatest play! And I'm not a bangwagon fan, i no my facts and i have common sense. And you really think the "Gmen" r going all the way! How about u give me a break! Hahahaha! "Eli is in the same class as Brady!" Hahahahha! Yeah with 20 interceptions! And give tebow some credit bro, he beat the Steelers, the team that went to the super bowl last year! Come on.

1. profile image52

Oh yeah, and yes i remember when tebow won when it mattered most. This past Sunday!! wink

1. profile image52

Aaron Rodgers, Regular Season RAT 122.5, YDS 4643, TDs 45, INT 0.  Eli Manning, RAT 92.9, YDS 4933, TDs 29, INT 16. Just some stats

Actually, when they had to win that last game of the season against KC; they lost.  He got that luck pass when Oakland lost. For such a great QB, why is there all this talk of making him a RB?

First, if you watched that game like I did, Eli made a great comeback in the 4th quater to tie the Packers with only 2 minutes left. There defense gave up that game winning field goal. The big difference is that defense had 5 guys out while the defense going into this games is healthy as an ox! I am not arguing that Rodgers is having an outstanding year, but so is Eli. The Giants are going into this game healthy, unlike like time when the Packs squeaked by.

1. profile image52

Good points. Can we agree that it will be a close game?

1. profile image52

And yes i watched the game.

I think we definitely can agree on that.

THE GIANTS WIN!! THE GIANTS WIN!!! It was not a close game at all! Giants to the SUPER BOWL BABY!!

3. DRVetOIF3 profile image60
          DRVetOIF3posted 12 years agoin reply to this

And as far as Tebow is concerned, I'm not discussing comparisons between the abilities of the QB in the pocket consistently.  I'm discussing what situations could maximize the opportunity for a road QB--such as Tebow--to seize the opportunity before him.  Comparing him to Eli is like apples and oranges.  Let's be real: Tebow has lots of work to do.  However, here's another fact: he wins.  And in this game, that's all that matters.

The same level of scrutiny was said about Brady when he replaced Bledsoe.  When his career ends, all that will matter is that he won when it mattered most.  I have a feeling that Tebow's heart will carry the same end result...just not this game, I hope.

2. DRVetOIF3 profile image60
        DRVetOIF3posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Just a heads up: I'd appreciate it if you didn't come off as ignorant in ur reply.

Now, I think Rodgers' body of work is much better than Eli's.  But I reiterate this: Eli had more yards passing and a comparable interception rate as Rodgers.  The main reason, other than the Giants' issues in the backfield, why they lost their games is because the NFC East remains one of the most competitive in the entire NFL.  I honestly can't picture any NFC East team run the table with a 13-win season consistently without some adversity.  Despite the advantages Green Bay clearly displays on the field, they still allow way too many yards per game and allow the opponent to eat up massive time of possession--forcing Rodgers to (indeed) elevate his game to create separation from that opponent.  And Eli still has more 4th quarter wins than Rodgers by far.  That's when it matters.

Keep in mind, I said this could happen.  However, the home field advantage can prevail.  I just tried to show how the road teams can maximize their potential to win.

3. Mighty Mom profile image78
        Mighty Momposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey Caleb,
        What you gotta say now, buddy?

12. seattleamilehigh1 profile image60
    seattleamilehigh1posted 12 years ago

35-27, Packers win. I just don't see Aaron Rodgers getting beat @ home right now. I know the Giants are gonna try and run the TOP, but I think Green Bay has too much quick TD potential for the Giants to stick to the ground game for more than a quarter. The game is basically a push to me until you look at the QB position. Even with how Eli performed last week, I cannot justify picking him over Rodgers this season. Thanks for the ranting platform big_smile

How about 37-20 Giants win??

13. wavegirl22 profile image50

Sad that the season is coming to an end, and My Jets couldnt get it together, leave it to My NYG to make this season sweet! A Very Good Football Weekend ahead! And Im thinking of using some of your BBQ tips. Watching these east coast games on the west coast at its finest!

Have you seen the healthy coming together at the right time D?

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6011237_f520.jpg produces

I could nto have said it better!

And why not?
    This is football and these comparisons are made everyday!

Hello Mental Toughness!

From the MoUths of Giants . . TEAM FIRST, TEAM LAST, TEAM ALWAYS - WE ARE #ALLin

14. Cassie Smith profile image59
    Cassie Smithposted 12 years ago

I think that the Giants will just be able to pull it off.  It'll definitely be a challenge for both of them.

15. I am DB Cooper profile image64
    I am DB Cooperposted 12 years ago

Can we all stop talking about how the Giants can win this game? The point spread keeps moving in the wrong direction for anyone going with the Giants. How am I supposed to make money if everyone is making the Giants less and less of an underdog?

16. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago

GMens defense is better and even if Eli can't surpass the stats of Rodgers just yet, he showed that he can pull anything in the fourth quarter.

So I say Go GMen!!

17. KeithTax profile image72
    KeithTaxposted 12 years ago

I'll enjoy watching the Packers beats the Giants twice in one year.

I enjoyed watching the Giants beat the Packers when it mattered most this year.

Giants are ALLin and it is sure fun to watch. .

next stop Candlestick and that one is sure to be a battle of who wants it more. . .

1. Mighty Mom profile image78
          Mighty Momposted 12 years agoin reply to this

We already know the answer to that question, don't we?? Tee hee.

18. Michael Willis profile image67
    Michael Willisposted 12 years ago

This year's version of the NY Giants sure do remind me of the ones who beat New England in the Super Bowl. Could we be seeing a rematch in SB 46?
    After this weekend, I am believing a NY and NE game is ready to happen.

19. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 12 years ago

Candlestick is rated the 2nd best home field advantage in the NFL.  It's going to be a hard hitting game, with a lot of defense.

Manning is playing so well right now and the Giants are scorching hot.  Very concerned for the Niners, but I still think the Niners squeak out a close game.

It's supposed to rain hard on Sunday.  That has to favor the Niners.  Hopefully the Niners other tightend will be back.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)