Are you feeling the love?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (40 posts)
  1. KrystalD profile image65
    KrystalDposted 12 years ago

I have been on hubpages for less than a month and I just feel so warmly welcomed! I have been nominated with a hubnugget twice and even won! I also have met some fantastic people that were willing to talk with me through email when I voiced a real-world (versus virtual-world) problem. This meant so much to me. Recently a question I asked on HP facebook page was made a podcast! Simone even mentioned me name smile I am DEFINATELY feeling a part of the community. What is your experience with feeling a sense of community on HP?

1. Shinkicker profile image55
      Shinkickerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Glad you're enjoying the Hubpages Community Krystal. I love it too

KrystalDposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What has been your favorite experiences so far?

1. wheelinallover profile image75
          wheelinalloverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am going to assume this is open to anyone. For me it was when a few of the people who had been writing on hub pages for years actually spent time reading and commenting on my work. This was done with comments and with in house emails.

English is a third language for me and writing in it always feels backwards. I know I still make mistakes but not near as many as I did when I started. Reading what good writers write and following their example, with feedback has helped immensely.

The feeling that what I wrote had value did more for me than anything. I have gone on to write blogs almost daily and don't believe this would have been possible without the people of hub pages.

Thanks for sharing! I feel inspired by the positive feedback as well.

2. Deborah Brooks profile image60
      Deborah Brooksposted 12 years agoin reply to this

since I have been on the Hub the community has been wonderful as well. I have made some wonderful friends. I would love to go visit and just see where they live. I feel so much at home here. yes I feel the love

2. thejeffriestube profile image59
    thejeffriestubeposted 12 years ago

You reap the benefits of whether you help or ask for help. Use your fellow Hubbers for advice, because one day,you'll be the one helping others out.

3. K9keystrokes profile image82
    K9keystrokesposted 12 years ago

The HubPages community is awesome. No other place feels like home! You won't find a staff that offers useful information and real connections like the HP staff.  KrystalD, you are off to a fantastic start, and a very welcome Newbie for sure! I can't wait to see just how great you do in the very near future.  cool

1. Cardisa profile image86
      Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ditto that!

1. K9keystrokes profile image82
        K9keystrokesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

wink

2. rLcasaLme profile image69
        rLcasaLmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ditto that too. wink

2. KrystalD profile image65

Thank you both smile

4. KrystalD profile image65
    KrystalDposted 12 years ago

I am excited and the community feel makes writing a pleasure (even more so). It is motivating! I am sure will need that as developing a following and niche (which I think is exciting) takes time. Glad I get to do that amongst such encouraging people.

5. Victoria Lynn profile image88
    Victoria Lynnposted 12 years ago

KrystalD--You're exactly right about this site. People are so warm, welcoming, and helpful. It makes you want to give back to newer hubbers once you start learning stuff yourself. I've been on here about 6 months and still love it as much--or more--as I did starting out. Glad you feel that way!

Thanks Victoria. I look forward to continuing on this journey.

6. RedElf profile image88
    RedElfposted 12 years ago

HP is a great place to write! I have met a lot of wonderful caring people here, and made some good friends. Welcome!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I look forward to continuing my relationships on hubpages. I am really enjoying reading other hubber's work!

7. tnvrstar profile image65
    tnvrstarposted 12 years ago

I just checked your Hubs and I have to say that you deserve love from any writing sites. Your Hubs are great and I am sure you will get more success once you become an old members here. The older your Hubs will get the better they will perform. Unfortunately my Account is under probation and all of my hubs are moderated for keeping the quality. I do face trouble with my grammar since English is not first my language. But I am glad nowadays I can publish hubs without facing much trouble.

I wish you best of luck smile

Thank you tnvrstar. Are you the hubber that so many kind hubbers were trying to help our with grammar? I can't imagine writing in a language that was not my first! You are brave and I encourage you to keep working on those hubs!

8. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 12 years ago

Well I suppose there is an element of love. 

I mean I never got a HubNugget so there wasn't a lot of love in that area. Neither have I had a Hub of the Day, which I may have mentioned before.

On the plus side hardly anyone has shown actual hatred towards me. Less than twenty I'd say, which is better than in the real world that's for sure.  Lol and smiley face.

Someone once said "your writing is great when it stops" which I took as a compliment, although I understand that in some countries it may not be.

Oh.  Do I HAVE to be serious?

I still can't quite believe how helpful, friendly and fun HubPages is.

And you seem to be off to a good start!

Your funny! I can't wait to read your hubs. Great sense of humor fellow hub lover smile

9. rlaha profile image61
    rlahaposted 12 years ago

I felt more love in the beginning when I joined HubPages. People were so welcoming to me.  They are still giving me love, but as I don't write very often, I sometimes don't get that love that I got when I first started on here. Still, it is nice to know that people read your hubs and appreciate your efforts. smile

1. calpol25 profile image58
      calpol25posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I still love ya rlaha smile

1. rlaha profile image61
        rlahaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Aww, thank you calpol25! smile  That is very comforting! smile

10. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

http://www.utterlyurban.com/wp-content/uploads//2011/11/l8.jpg

1. rlaha profile image61
      rlahaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That is such a cute picture! smile

2. KrystalD profile image65

I agree! Super cute smile

11. Cliff Mendrez profile image90
    Cliff Mendrezposted 12 years ago

I'm also new here and I share the same experience with you. People here are so friendly and helpful. Honestly, I came here at HubPages to try to make money. But now, I also look forward to making new friends. HubPages is a great community. I am definitely feeling the love.

The friendships are a wonderful part of this community! Much better than many work environments wink

12. rLcasaLme profile image69
    rLcasaLmeposted 12 years ago

I'm so happy for you KrystalD. You've just been here for a month, and look at you, you've been gaining so many friends with such abruptness and abundance. Keep it up! I looked at your profile. I became an instant fan! tongue

Thanks Rafael! (Hope I spelled that right)

13. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

I haven't any complaints about HP and I have been here through so many ups and downs. You just have to roll with the tide. We are glad to have you here Krystal and congrats on the nuggets and podcast! smile

Thanks AEvans!

14. learner365 profile image72
    learner365posted 12 years ago

HubPages is indeed a lovely place to be. There is so much of cooperation and the friendly feeling here that makes your writing experience truly much more enjoyable. We are glad that you are also enjoying the love. Congratulations on the Hubnuggets and the podcast as well smile

It is really fun and welcoming! Thanks learner smile

15. profile image0
    debW07posted 12 years ago

Hi KrystalD; it's nice that you've had such a great experience here. I joined about 2 weeks ago and I'm still getting the hang of it. I hope to meet more positive people here on HP in the future.

DebW07, if you open up, others will open up to you! Good luck!

16. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 12 years ago

You will reap what you sow here with the hubbers, crazy or not - and so I guess you're sowing goodness and love and all that.  Now if you ever want sarcasm, undiluted ridiculousness, and fun with wordplay and silliness - that would be me!  also slightly veiled references to x-rated silliness, whatever that is.  Once you run out of vroom and are idea-less (which happens to some of us) just come to the forums and goof around for awhile.  WARNING!  its addictive!

17. Michael J Rapp profile image59
    Michael J Rappposted 12 years ago

While I don't know that I can express it as colorfully as you have, KrystalD, I have to say I've been pretty happy with HP in my few weeks here as well.  I won a couple of HubNuggets, which made me feel like my work is appreciated, and people have been very nice.  I have a lot to learn.  I don't quite have the social/followers part down yet, but that will come eventually I'd imagine.  I hope HubPages continues to be a cool place to write for a long time to come!

18. profile image0
    Herm Beezposted 12 years ago

this is my first post in hubpages. I joined this community in some minutes ago. Hope its also gona be greate place for me.lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)