do you believe in hell

Jump to Last Post 51-68 of 68 discussions (414 posts)
  1. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 12 years ago

If one believes in heaven; that those who fulfill the purpose of life set for humans beings by the Creator God; hell is just for those who failed to fulfill life's purpose.

1. mischeviousme profile image60
      mischeviousmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hell is the realization that what we have is going away. Our connection to the things we have will no longer be ours and will be nothing more than treasures and junk to others. Hell is having the ego torn away and it is desire to live without accepting what is. Cofusion is hell, One should not let themselves be confused by the words of others.

Hell is personal and it is whatever you wish it to be.

1. A.S.K.Preacher profile image60
        A.S.K.Preacherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You seem to be trying to rationalize hell. There is no balance, as you have written before. God is going to bring balance when He cuts His work short.

2. A.S.K.Preacher profile image60

Hell is for those who do not accept they need a savior in Jesus.

1. A Troubled Man profile image58
        A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Repeat over and over, so that one may feel righteous and superior in their beliefs. lol

1. A.S.K.Preacher profile image60

This is not superiority. It is simply the truth. You keep repeating the same things over and over too. Is that a superior attitude? From what I have read; the answer is yes. You look down your self assured nose at anyone who believes in Jesus. If you really do not believe; why do you bother? I believe you just want to argue. If you were really searching for the truth you would find something wonderful that we can only barely touch with our minds.

1. Castlepaloma profile image74
            Castlepalomaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Overly repenting yourself is truth

The funny farm would agree with you.

2. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 12 years ago

If one creates a north pole; the other one is there be default.

When I am here, you are there. For everything I am doing right this instant, someone is doing the opposite somewhere else at the same time. That is neither here nor there. There are many things to believe, but only one you that you could know. We are all individuals moving at the same time. To realize this, is to realize that what one believes does not matter. Focussing on duality only blinds one to what is. We must accept that people do bad things and where they wind up later is a product of their own design.

1. profile image51
        paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree with your above words.

me too

2. A Troubled Man profile image58

Nonsense. There are no mystical forces making someone do something completely opposite of what you're doing at the same time. Seriously, dude.

We can accept it but we don't have to like it, therefore we can change it.

I never said anything about mystical forces. I am saying that we make our own beds and therefor, wil lay in them. The best way I can describe the meaning of what I say to you is like this. It doesn't matter what I think, I am just making a point. If you do not like it, oh well. I cannot change your mind and I'm not trying to.

You seem to have implied something like mystical forces when you made this claim...

"For everything I am doing right this instant, someone is doing the opposite somewhere else at the same time."

Surely, you don't think that could be anything other than sheer coincidence?

I was pointing out the 4th dimensional aspect of the world. I am moving in time and it is true that I am not the only one on the planet doing what I am doing now. All of the decisions I make now will inevitably affect the future. I will have to live with the repricussions, good or bad.

Funny thing, my entire friends and family accept one nephew were against or not for two of the most important decision in my life.

1, Designed to become a full time professional artist
                1. Refusal of doing a war sculpture for president GW Bush

They all slowly came around to my kind of reasoning

3. LisaRene Burt profile image61
    LisaRene Burtposted 12 years ago

nope, no hell.

4. leegis profile image69
    leegisposted 12 years ago

I am an atheist, so I don't believe in god, heaven, hell, or anything that has to do with a religion. However, I think that the religion and "hell vs. heaven" has a  good idea in how to make children behave and try to become better citizens.

It is interesting to observe that the reward/punishment system in religion has had quite the opposite effect over the many years it has attempted to make children behave and become better citizens. smile

5. Druid Dude profile image60
    Druid Dudeposted 12 years ago

Atheism is a religion according to the Supreme Court. Look it up.

1. leegis profile image69
      leegisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, it's not a religion to me. Religion is believing in something, and I do not believe in anything

Druid Dude
        Atheism

Where are these atheist churches, at science conventions?

2. AshtonFirefly profile image69
      AshtonFireflyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

how odd. Isn't atheism by definition the absence of religion?

more so, a lack of belief in God

1. AshtonFirefly profile image69
          AshtonFireflyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

so how can a court define it as a religion? That doesn't even make any sense.

3. A Thousand Words profile image68
      A Thousand Wordsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My question is why, even if the Supreme Court defines it in such a way, would that even change what it really means? As if they're some supreme authority, just because "supreme" is in their name, doesn't mean they get everything right. I mean, hell, look at the decisions that ended up being deemed unconstitutional because there were all kinds of bigots in those positions.

6. bloggernotjogger profile image61
    bloggernotjoggerposted 12 years ago

As an atheist, can I declare some religious holidays?

I want to lead a  group called: Artism Religion:. Because we are the poor and need to legally beg and be tax free. What do you think old JC would say?

Atheism is clearly not a religion. However, the United States Supreme Court has repeatedly stated that Atheism warrants the same protection ..

The only atheist I heard say he is deeply religious, is Richard Dawkins, that just whacked.

7. aware profile image68
    awareposted 12 years ago

ive said this many times but ill say it once more hell is a flat tire and no spare

8. aware profile image68
    awareposted 12 years ago

ask who made hell?

9. aware profile image68
    awareposted 12 years ago

who made  hell?

Yahweh is said to create hell,, I bet you The Roman created in the 3OO AC

10. Anil and Honey profile image59
    Anil and Honeyposted 12 years ago

yes Hell

11. RooBee profile image83
    RooBeeposted 12 years ago

If by "hell" you mean this thread, then yes. Yes, I do. (insert comedic drum sequence). wink

12. Kyle Payne profile image60
    Kyle Payneposted 12 years ago

It is my personal conviction that Hell is a literal place.

Hell, is just here on earth

A concept that has run a mock.

13. mischeviousme profile image60
    mischeviousmeposted 12 years ago

Read the upanishads, they are a great way to learn about pre-religion and the origins of many of the western philosophies.

Yes, I do prefer eastern philosophies

The Hindu believe Satan was a realization of awareness

14. medicaljournal profile image58
    medicaljournalposted 12 years ago

YES,Hell was resulting by the dupe for the dupe it has as much reliability as Santa bringing my presents at Christmas. Fear the devil, Fear Hell. Fear life, Fear you emotions and fear your desires because if you don't keep them under resistor and fully submit to god’s unproven existence then you’re going to husk alright.

15. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years ago

hell yeah....

Yeah, hell is no way to retire

16. Michele Travis profile image65
    Michele Travisposted 12 years ago

Yes and perhaps it is even in the center of this earth.
    can't cut and paste my hub here so wont

17. seanorjohn profile image73
    seanorjohnposted 12 years ago

Hell yes.

Hell Yeah!!!

That 99% unknown mass in the centre of the earth

Hell Yeah!!!

18. teamelite21 profile image61
    teamelite21posted 12 years ago

I do. But Hell was not created for US. It was created for the Devil and his angels. God didn't make Hell to send us there. That's all I have to say about that. We send ourselves. It's a choice! Choose this day whom you will serve! You can choose death or life, choose life!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)