Judgement Day.

Jump to Last Post 1-33 of 33 discussions (224 posts)
  1. profile image0
    MP50posted 12 years ago

On Judgement Day, when God asks you, what have you done in the name of my Son

Jesus Christ. What will be your answer?

Constructive Comments Thank You.

1. kess profile image60
      kessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Judgement day will come and you would ask of yourself what did I do in the name of Truth...

By this you judge yourself and find yourself wanting...

1. profile image0
        MP50posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good answer,the name of truth, surely equals Jesus.

1. profile image0
          cr00059nposted 12 years agoin reply to this

After seeing your many achievements throughout life on hubpages profile, I've decided to become an avid fan of yours.

2. profile image0
      cr00059nposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Such a great subject to write about.. Thanks for making this post! Stopping by your place after this.

3. profile image0

Thank you all very much for all your interesting comments and answers. I am just not getting the feed back I was looking for here. My simple question seems to have confused everyone, Thank You for participating.

4. Pcunix profile image91
      Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

When you die, Her Holy Pinkness will come galloping to judge you and she doesn't take last minute conversions.

Her Pinkness is there for anyone to not quite see, why do you reject Her?

5. sallieannluvslife profile image80
      sallieannluvslifeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My response would be....loved Him, tried to follow His commands, loved my husband, loved my children, trusted Him, shared Him and watched for His coming.

1. mischeviousme profile image60
        mischeviousmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If one is to follow, they are to follow. Trying only leads to mistakes and mistakes can be potentialy hazardous to one's mental health. One must be a good student to become a master and one cannot try to learn, one either does or does not. Be one with teacher and become the teacher.

1. sallieannluvslife profile image80
          sallieannluvslifeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Do you mean in reality or in your personal subjective truth?  Last I checked no one person is perfect and all we can do in life is try....try to be a better person, try to love your neighbor, try to find real truth in all things, we all stumble, no matter who we are....one cannot be a teacher unless one is willing to learn - we have too many "teachers" already who are ignorant to facts and then teach others and lead individuals and the world into confusion and chaos.

If I am to learn anything about life, I have to apply the principles of everything I learn to myself. How my actions affect others, the world and anything else I may run across. In reality, I can only be the master of myself. If I totally rely on another for the answers in my life, I will never learn from experience.

1. profile image0

Jesus is your experience.

2. profile image0

Well said.

2. profile image0

Thank You.

6. kirstenblog profile image77
      kirstenblogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I would probably say something like,
      "Well, I'll be damned! I was wrong! First time thats ever happened!" then hope God has a good sense of humor tongue

1. profile image0

LMAO.

1. kirstenblog profile image77
          kirstenblogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Glad to have given a good laugh lol

My slightly more serious answer would be, it depends on what I am being judged for. If I am being judged for my actions and choices in this life, I stand a reasonable chance. If I am being judged for my beliefs, then I am probably buggered! I believe religion to be evil at heart and that includes all of them. I don't believe in a meddling God and honestly don't believe it matters if God exists or not. I believe what matters is how you live your life, that is the only thing that matters. Not how many friends you had, not how much money you had, not which clubs or religions you were a member of, but who you choose to be that matters.

I do a job where I have come within inches of being hit by a car in order that the children get to school safely and not themselves be hit by a car. I have in that job called out to families who were about to step in front of a speeding car that they couldn't see and who couldn't see them (very dangerous crossing from behind a large van). I may not have saved their lives but at the least saved them a lot of pain. I keep my eyes peeled for ways I can help those around me, opportunities happen all the time. I don't do this because of a promise of heaven, frankly a fate of being worm food is fine, I will still choose to be what I consider to be a good person. I do it because good people make the world a nicer place to live, bad people make the world a miserable and horrific place to live (and we don't have an option of worlds to live in). I want to live in a nicer world so try to be good and make good decisions, totally selfish reasons! wink

7. Philanthropy2012 profile image84
      Philanthropy2012posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I will say "Sorry God, you should have made me more gullible, I did good things in the name of humanity, but I guess that doesn't count"

1. profile image0

Better come up with a better answer.

For me, judgement day is every moment. I judge myself every moment and every moment I judge how I am to react to it. For me, this universe is hollow and filled only with observations. I see myself in what I observe and I love it for what is, part of this universe. I don't need religion to see it, I only need be open to it. Living is my religion and I am in paradise, even when I suffer.

1. profile image0

Well Said.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
              Castlepalomaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Everyone and everything is God

1. profile image0

That about sums it up.

8. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

WHAT  "IF"   on Judgment Day; YOU were the only witness that the procecution had against You!

And all that you could do, is to hear yourself; "Telling THE Truth?

1. profile image0

I would be a good witness to myself and I am telling the truth.

You fix things, so use your hammer to bang yourself over the head, wake up and smell the coffee.

2. janesix profile image58
    janesixposted 12 years ago

What is the point of judgement day, when you can be "saved" just by believing in jesus?

1. profile image0

Good question, but I think a believer has to do more than just believe.

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not according to the Christian Holy Book that God wrote through man.  Belief is all that is needed.

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
          Barbara Kayposted 12 years agoin reply to this

wilderness, You need to read James in the New Testament. If you have faith you'll do good works. You'll never be perfect, but you'll show your faith.

But yes, you do need faith to be saved and that is all, but if you are saved doing good just comes naturally as the Holy Spirit guides you.

Yes, I've had that explained (if I'm understanding you correctly) - if you believe, really believe, then you will live your life according to how Jesus would have wanted you to.

BUT.  That qualification, that you will live "rightly", does not come from Jesus' teachings - it comes from modern believers wanting to determine how you should live.  Jesus never said that you must do this or that in order to be saved - just that you must believe in him.

2. yolanda yvette profile image60
          yolanda yvetteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not quite, wilderness, James 2:26 says '...faith without works is dead...'

And John 11:25,26 contradicts that, with no qualifier.  As the two cannot agree, we must believe only one - that would be John as he has a much nicer name.  "James" is just so...plebeian...

Satan believe in Jesus, and Jesus visited hell then told them he is suffering worst than they are.

Why not save Satan?

2. Barbara Kay profile image73

Believers will receive crowns on Judgement Day according to the good works that they have done.

1. A Troubled Man profile image58
        A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

A crown? lol

No, silly - we all get gold caps for our teeth.  Heaven is paved with gold, didn't you know?

I want a crown too, I think Jesus existed

2. A Troubled Man profile image58

Oh yeah, I keep getting Heaven mixed up with the Munchkin's yellow brick road to the Land of Oz.

1. Pcunix profile image91

I find that a simple trick helps.  Every time you hear about some religious thing, naturally your brain says "But.." - you have to stop it right there.  Do not allow it to finish the sentence.  Train yourself to stop thinking instantly the minute you say "But".

By keeping your rational brain away from it, it all works.  Heaven, angels, fire breathing dragons, voting Republican - it all makes sense if you just will learn not to THINK about it.

Happiness will follow.

lol

I tried to turn my brain off and it threatened mutiny. I thought about getting a pre-frontal lobotomy but I already have too many scars on the face from beating my head against a wall.

Well, that's the best I can offer.  I  can't do it either, but apparently they have mastered the technique, so it must be possible.

Perhaps if we prayed?  I know that helped Bush invade Iraq, so it must be powerful stuff.

2. Castlepaloma profile image75

There is some metaphor truths in fairy tales. Like the Wizard of OZ who hides behind the curtain pretending to be God.

Boy, you guys are missing out on fantasies and many Christian think masturbation is a sin too.

Both groups are missing out on a lot best things in life that are free plus Good times!!!

There is nothing wrong with fiction - as long as you realize that it is fiction.

Uh yeah. roll

3. Quirinus profile image60
                    Quirinusposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Children's fairy tales do have profound truths embedded for grown ups. I like that one from Peter Pan about having to recall a happy thought to be able to fly smile

2. Quirinus profile image60

Very well said, Pcunix!  You understand how our rational thinking keeps us from being the best we could be.  Thanks for sharing enlightening thoughts, for anyone who cares for its empowering vaue!

1. profile image0

That's a fair point.

3. profile image0
    cr00059nposted 12 years ago

When judgement day comes, I will tell my founder that I have helped poor people live better lives.  Also, I will share with him the many positive things I've done for humanity.  So far, I've founded a non for profit foundation that has contributed 9/10ths of a million dollars to people without houses and children without parents.

1. profile image0

With an answer like that, I doubt very much God would ask you the question.

Well done, many more people like you are needed on a WorldWide scale,

Thank You very much for commenting.

4. profile image52
    paarsurreyposted 12 years ago

Judgement Day

Judgement Day is sure to happen and everybody will be accountable before the Creator God for what he/she has done in this life. Jesus Christ son of Mary will also be questioned on that day by the Creator God:

[5:117] And when Allah will say, “O Jesus, son of Mary, didst thou say to men, ‘Take me and my mother for two gods beside Allah?’”, he will answer, “Holy art Thou. I could never say that to which I had no right. If I had said it, Thou wouldst have surely known it. Thou knowest what is in my mind, and I know not what is in Thy mind. It is only Thou Who art the Knower of hidden things.
    [5:118] “I said nothing to them except that which Thou didst command me — ‘Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord.’ And I was a witness over them as long as I remained among them, but since Thou didst cause me to die, Thou hast been the Watcher over them; and Thou art Witness over all things.
    [5:119] “If Thou punish them, they are Thy servants; and if Thou forgive them, Thou surely art the Mighty, the Wise.”

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … ;verse=116

Jesus will absolve himself off the creeds that Christians believe and what they do in his name. Jesus will ask mercy and forgiveness from the Creator God.

Religion is not ideal when it come to : My God is better than your God:

How can you be constructive when it's all about destruction and 400 times over in Yahweh’s History?

2. profile image0

Good answer, but I am not religious I just believe in Jesus Christ.

Maybe your msytic about Jesus like I am.

Do you think most people have gotten the wrong translation about the End is Near,

Sorry to hear about your kidney, doctors are good over there.

1. profile image0

I do think many people have gotten many things the wrong way. Everybody is entitled to their own believe, only time will tell. Thanks for the comment on the Kidney appreciated.

That's like saying you're not a bowler, you just like rolling a heavy ball across the floor to knock down wooden pins.

1. profile image0

LOL never heard that one before. I did ask for constructive comments, what's wrong with just believing in Jesus? Your entitled to your belief and I am entitled to mine or?

1. MelissaBarrett profile image59
            MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh my MP50!  Just believing in Jesus apparently pisses everyone off.  You aren't Christian enough for the Christians and you are too religious for the atheists.  There's no way to win really.  Just start calling everyone stupid and tell them they are going to burn in a hell that doesn't exist right after they die from an excess of logic and reasonableness.  Use the words sky fairy and psychotic a lot too.  Zealot and heathen are also good.

I feel your pain.

1. profile image0

LMAO, I feel you right back thanks x

2. Pcunix profile image91

Excellent ideas!

Why didn't I think of those?

As to the original question, I'd answer "Who are you and why are you pretending to be something that cannot exist?"

1. profile image0

Surely God being the Creator of all things. This would include Creating the

Invisible Pink Unicorn?

I thought it was constructive considering that believing in Judgement Day, God and Jesus is the same thing as being religious.

I made up the bowler stuff...

3. A Troubled Man profile image58

Absolutely, you are free to believe in any far fetched fantasies and myths you wish. No one is going to deprive you of that right. You're also free to state emphatically that those fantasies are part of reality and no is going to deprive you of that right, either. The religious things you want to believe are limitless.

I don't get the meaning of that thing, will you explain it in people terms

1. yolanda yvette profile image60

Lol!!

3. Philanthropy2012 profile image84
        Philanthropy2012posted 12 years agoin reply to this

And so how do you propose Jesus performed miracles, or came to be at all?

I imagine then that you only believe in parts of Jesus.

Excluding his birth, rebirth, magical powers. You believe in a man?

Or a superhero of times gone?

1. profile image0

I believe in the whole of Jesus.

Quite obviously though, you don't follow his teachings. lol

1. profile image0

Hey to you A Troubled Man, unconstructive comment turned into personal abuse, I am free to believe in what I want, I am not religious.

No construction means no conversation.

Oh I see, it's perfectly acceptable for YOU to insult me, but it's "personal abuse" that I mention you aren't following Jesus teachings because you made that insult.

Wow.

Yes, you are religious, by definition, hence I am to conclude that you are free to believe completely different definitions to defined words.

The dishonesty just gets piled higher and higher.

1. profile image0

I am not religious or dishonest, remember the two jokes replying to my question? I meant go back down the hole and look again.

Yourself and many other people here use the word "YOU" a lot. This is wrong and sounds like personal accusation.

Jesus never taught personal abuse as being constructive, he has also paid the full price for any Humiliation, anything more comes from Man.

I have changed my mind on constructive comments, because people have no idea what that means.

Humiliate me, personally abuse me all you like, this will just take me further from the ideas of Men and even closer to Jesus.

Take a good look at my profile text and picture, do I look like a worried Man?

"You" have the wrong profile name, better to call yourself a troublesome Man?

I hope Jesus can save "YOU".

And yet, your posts suggest otherwise as previously pointed out.

That makes no sense at all.

lol No one is personally abusing you, that is just paranoia on your part.

lol Queue personal insult followed up with evangelism. lol

3. profile image0

Good answer, you are entitled to your own belief as am I. I will stand firm on my belief that Jesus Christ is the True Son of God.

I cannot quote the Bible or the message of the Church to you, because my only believe is in Jesus Christ and only in His Teachings. I will stand by his side until the end.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Did you separate Jesus' teachings from the book they are in? If so, how? If not, then how can believe Jesus was anything other than a man?

1. profile image0

Good answer,Jesus did not write his teachings into a book, Men did and this book has been altered so many times it is hardly recognisable.

That in and of itself didn't answer my question. Avoidance always the short coming of an individual to evade truth when seen is a sign of dishonesty. Never good.

1. profile image0

Good personal abuse here Cagsil, I did ask for consructive comments on this question. Thanks for turning my question into a personal issue.

My believe is firm only in Jesus Christ himself, no Man, book or building can teach me anything about Jesus. Only Jesus himself can teach me and I will only answer to Him.

1. Quirinus profile image60

Why do I feel exactly (about Jesus) just like you said, MP50? Thanks for the enlightening forum.

Good answer, MP50!

2. profile image52
        paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Jesus was son of Mary and Mary did not have a husband named god so Jesus cannot be truly son of god.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image59
          MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And Mohammad wasn't a prophet of Allah either.  He just took one too many kicks to the head from a camel.  As soon as you prove me wrong, I'll prove you wrong.

Jesus is truly the Son of God.

3. profile image52

Jesus Christ did not believe in Trinity; if one believes in Jesus' teachings; one should not believe in Trinity.

1. Barbara Kay profile image73

Jesus himself said he was the Son of God and he was equal with God.

Straight talking points of religion, not Jesus' true teachings.

2. profile image52

Jesus was son of Mary; how could Jesus say he was son of god in literal terms?

4. Castlepaloma profile image75

Standing by Jesus side is a fine enough metaphor for the sake of looking forward to a healthy life and fulfilling one

Please understand world is going to end in the 2012 prophecy is based on a Mayan calender, which dose not say the world will end on that date. It symbolize the end of a cycle. The prophecy is based on ignorance and gullible people

1. Quirinus profile image60

Thanks for all the insightful comments you posted on this forum, Castlepaloma!

1. profile image0

Thanks.

5. profile image56
    PenMePrettyposted 12 years ago

God will know what I have done. I would have to say "little" compared to what Jesus has done for me.  He tells us we can do nothing without Him. I have tried to follow His principles (ms)--although I have fallen short many times.
    The greatest thing I have done is accept His Son as my Savior. I do not claim to be "religious" for religion can be anything. I do claim to be spiritual.
    I hope for you so many blessings...knowing God will supply your needs.
    Thanks for sharing.

6. Druid Dude profile image61
    Druid Dudeposted 12 years ago

I kept it real. You told me that it was all perfect...and mathematics proves it. The Jews don't deny that a man named Jesus, as described (apart from miracles and such) did live. Josephus, first century historian wrote about him. His report was second hand, but the entire New Testament is judged authentic accounts by churcd elders for over a millenia. Only truly ignorant people would deny that Jesus lived. It is quite pointless. Believe on. Peace

The church elders, whose livelihood and power structure depend on the authenticity of those reports, have judged them to be authentic?  And that makes anyone questioning that judgement to be ignorant?

Would you like to purchase some ocean front property in Arizona?  Cheap?

I do, oh boy do I...how cheap?

You see, I'm looking to the future and everyone knows that California is going into the ocean at some point....thus that property would be a literal gold mine........well, uh..umm...how much? lol

"Look into the future, eh"?  How about just a little piece of paper, with tomorrows winning lottery # on it?

Otherwise, it's just 10% of your gross income, for life...just drop it, each week, in this here collection plate.  lol

Hey Wilderness, I said "looking to the future". There are always two paths to begin any journey in life. That path is honesty and dishonesty, and when you couple that knowledge with the present state of humanity, it doesn't take a genius to figure out some things are a foregone conclusion if certain steps are not taken.

It's known that California is going into the ocean at some point. That's one of the risks people dismiss. If they didn't dismiss it, then California wouldn't be the state it is presently.
            Making jokes? I guess that is your right.

Sarcasm? hmm

7. profile image0
    PatriciaVogl57posted 12 years ago

I might say, "God, I taught others through my own acts on how to be respectful, caring, sensitive, strong, polite and others."  I also tried to follow it, but because I am human, sometimes, I had bad days too. ; )

8. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 12 years ago

On Judgement Day, when God asks you, what have you done in the name of my Son
    =======

I had no intentions of posting a comment ...  was just checking on what's goin on in here before going to bed.
       But then ...
       To answer the question; I'd say; Lord I am SORRY that I didn't do as good as I could have!
       I don't really know what I'd say; but the message that I'd be wanting to convey would be; "I made a LOT of mistakes in life, and I learned from many of them....?  And the lessons that I did learn; ..?.. I let others benefit from, the best way that I knew how, as often as I felt that I could.

"I know now that I only did a fraction of what I could have".
        That is; If he ask me that question.

9. open-minded profile image61
    open-mindedposted 12 years ago

I really don't mean any disrespect, but I have a question about this question:
    Is this a hypothetical question to make us think of the good we do or don't do in life or do you really believe in Judgement Day and having a conversation with God to explain what you did in the name of his son? If yes, what about people from other religions, do they get a different Judgement Day?

How about a happy judgement day for all

Where nobody get harmed, from an all loving God

2. profile image0

Hi Thanks for a respectful answer. No, other religions will not get a Judgement Day, there is only one True God, in my own understanding of the teachings of Jesus.

But we do however have to respect other people and their religious faiths and beliefs, the very last thing we should be doing is fighting over it, we all came here through life, nobody really knows the truth of how this happened.

We will all leave here through death, nobody truly knows where we go after we die. This is the reason Jesus came here in the first place, not to force us to believe in Him, but to act as a guide on how we should live and behave to each other during our time here on earth.

Remembering Jesus listened to God all the way to the cross and beyond never complaining or questioning, just doing as God instructed Him to do so. To be like Jesus, which is a requirement for every human being from God. We have to adopt the early teachings of Jesus and behave to one another in the same manner as He did.

There is no escape every human being will stand before God on this Judgement Day, it cannot be avoided. My question is, what will you say to God when he asks you what have you done in the name of my Son Jesus Christ?

Why would God ask us this question, because Jesus is the perfect example of how God wills a human being to behave. This is what we have to aspire to, have you aspired and do you behave like Jesus, what will be your answer when God asks this question?

Jesus Christ is the Son of the one True God. His name is Faithful and True.

Muhammed claimed himself He was but a Man not God, this written in the Qur'an.

Buddha Himself said He was a Man not God in Buddhism.

Jesus Christ Himself said I am the Son of God.

And her Holy Pinkness says that's not true.  Who are going to believe?  Some moldy old book written in a language you can't even read or Her Holy Pinkness who is right there for anyone to not quite see?

1. profile image0

Believing in the Invisible Pink Unicorn, is up to you, its called free choice. I will stick with Jesus, not because of some moldy old book as you call it. I don't believe in the Bible or the church both are creations of Man. I just believe in Jesus Himself.

As for Her Pinkness, personally I cannot see Her. However you are entitled to believe in Her, one day we will all find out the truth, thats for sure.

How would you have learned about this apocryphal person if not from that moldy old book that you don't believe in?

Why would you choose to believe one thing the book says and not the rest? 

Why do you willfully ignore the contradictions in the various stories about this person in that book?  Which parts have you decided are true and why did you pick those?

What about the Gospels that were left out of the Bible?

1. profile image0

You have misunderstood all of my questions.

First, I learned about Jesus from another source, not from a mouldy old book.

Second, How can I believe in one thing or another, when I don't read the book.

Third, What conradictions are we talking about? Considering I don't read the book so how would I know about them?

Fourth, How would I know what gospels are missing from the bible, when I don't read the Bible?

Fifth, If you are certain about Her Pinkness or the Flying spaggetti monster, why not write a Hub about it, explaining all your facts, figures, findings and proof, this way people can decide for themselves?

Sixth, Why do you keep replying to me asking the same questions´over and over again? I am not religious, I do not Believe in the Commercial Church or the Commercial Bible.

Seventh,I just believe in Jesus, what don't you understand?

Her Holy Pinkness has only been written about for 12 years, Hardly close to God or Jesus, the reason you don't understand is simple, you are a Man, Men are not capable of thinking like Jesus or God.

A good tip from Satan...The trouble with Man is this: Man cannot decide which side to choose!

What did you believe, before Her pinkness?

MP50
                Do You mean, only two choices......Yahweh or Satan?

Don't you think that's limited thinking, when you have no honest factual way of knowing?

1. profile image0

Hey Castlepaloma,

Yes I do mean only two choices.....God or Satan...Good or evil.

I don't think this is limited thinking, the facts and truth are plain to see

Honestly.

No, that isn't honest at all considering there are other alternatives to your religious fantasies.

lol That's like saying you believe in the Mad Hatter but not the moldy old book 'Alice in Wonderland'

Hey!, I understand Alice in wonderland better.

1. profile image0

LOL.

2. profile image0

Go back down the hole bro.

2. pisean282311 profile image63
        pisean282311posted 12 years agoin reply to this

@MP50 that makes muhammad and bhuddha more believable ....by the way Jesus might be 100th son of god...if u view ancient culture go through their reading you would find many son of god concepts...Jesus is not the first one ....

3. Castlepaloma profile image75

MP50

Most people on earth are not aware of JC, so when they stand before God and between a lake of fire,

Yahweh ask do you give it all up and be saved in the name of Jesus Christ

Assume most of them answer... Who the hell is Jesus Christ?

POOOOOF!!!!*****?????  OFF to HELL you go

Has not Christian's done enough killing and suffering to others on earth already?

4. A Troubled Man profile image58

lol And, you know God will ask the question, how?

Seems, it's easier to believe Muhammad than Jesus in that regard.

No, he didn't. Biblical quotes refer to others calling him the Son of God and Jesus replies that THEY are ones making that claim, NOT him.

5. profile image52

Jesus was Jew he used it in the usage of OT Bible which mentions that all Jews are sons of god; it does not mean literally; it only conveys that they were loved by the Creator God; nothing more.

1. yolanda yvette profile image60

Well, why is Jesus referred to as the 'only begotten' of God over and over in Scripture?

1. profile image0

Good point.

10. pisean282311 profile image63
    pisean282311posted 12 years ago

why would some one do for son of god when we have 7 billion fellow humans for whom something can be done...let god take care of himself and his son...is god not capable of that?...is so let god handle that and let us handle poverty, malnutrition and such more important issues...

11. phillippeengel profile image83
    phillippeengelposted 12 years ago

I would say that I have entered a period which laid the seeds of current nationhood.

12. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

I will say that I have defended him against the attacks of paarsurrey, and suggested pisean to drink me in His honor

1. pisean282311 profile image63
      pisean282311posted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol

13. profile image56
    PenMePrettyposted 12 years ago

From what I understand, the Bible was written by men through God...He breathed.
    We can look up this scripture. Thanks for sharing.

14. KellyPittman profile image79
    KellyPittmanposted 12 years ago

That's a good question.  I do think there will be a judgement day.  On this day I do not fear not being allowed entry into Heaven, but fear of the dissappointment in my Savior's eyes if I have nothing to answer to that question.  (your question)  Does that make sense?   I hope I will be able to say that I helped others.  That I fed them when they were hungry, took care of them when they were sick, sheltered them, etc... because what I have done to the least of these brothers, I have also done unto Him.

15. Cassie Smith profile image61
    Cassie Smithposted 12 years ago

It's hard to answer.  I do a lot of little things for people.  I haven't really done a major thing.  I kind of hope that all the little things add up and are worthwhile.

Let me ask Christians, What came first OT or NT Bible?

If you answer OT, check again, you many be Jewish

16. yolanda yvette profile image60
    yolanda yvetteposted 12 years ago

Sounds like you're daydreaming with this comment.

17. aware profile image68
    awareposted 12 years ago

Jesus Christ  !Ill say. If i disappoint you god .Know this! The feeling is mutual !
    I  was hoping for  a better god.

When you pick a side it will always be :My God is better than your God,: never ending.........

When everyone is an equal god, it will be a much more friendlier world

1. Druid Dude profile image61
        Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My God doesn't lose sheep.

1. Druid Dude profile image61
          Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

neither does yours. Good shepherds don't lose sheep.

You may find to many of those sheep dressed in wolves clothing

1. profile image0

That's true.

2. profile image0

This is correct.

A good leader doesn't want sheep. This to say, that if one wants to learn from me, I'd much rather they learn the teaching and what it means. Afterward, a good teacher would want them to apply the teaching, not ram it down the throat of so called "heathens". If one is to teach, they should be of a mindful nature, because there is great harm in not teaching self control.

2. profile image0

Nor mine.

18. Quirinus profile image60
    Quirinusposted 12 years ago

When Judgment Day comes, I’d venture to recall at least one talent that God entrusted to me then recall the instances that I used it to serve God and people (including others and myself).  But since I have what seems like a short memory, I’m sure Jesus will help me recall by flashing back the experiences smile

1. profile image0

LOL.

19. Disappearinghead profile image61
    Disappearingheadposted 12 years ago

Here's the rub though:
    1) Its pure speculation that God is going to ask that question.
    2) 80%-ish of humanity will ask "who is this Jesus?"
    3) 18%-ish of humanity will say "yeah I've heard of him alright, but you can't shout at me when I was never presented with any evidence. Is it reasonable that I was expected to believe just on the say so of some well meaning Christians who simply failed to present a sufficiently brilliant argument that compelled me by means of logic and reason to believe?

Alternatively, everyone is simply judged upon what they have done in accordance with their conscience. If they believed in Jesus, bonus, they get to be a priest too.

1. profile image0

What else would God ask?

1. Disappearinghead profile image61
        Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He doesn't need to ask anything and I just expect Him to present to me His judgement. There's not much I'm going to be able to do to change His opinion, so I may as well keep my gob shut.

1. profile image0

At least you believe in God, this will go in your favour.

20. kayecandles profile image61
    kayecandlesposted 12 years ago

not enough

1. profile image0

The same here.

21. stclairjack profile image77
    stclairjackposted 12 years ago

in truth,... a lot of cussing,... dont know if its what you will considder constructive,... but at least i'm honest.

22. Michele Travis profile image67
    Michele Travisposted 12 years ago

Ok, I am a Christian, but here is where I get in trouble again because I do not agree with all Christians.  It says in Revelation 20: 12-13 And I say the dead, the great the small, standing before the throne and the scrolls were opened; it is the scrol of life. And the dead were judged out of those things according to their deeds.  And the sea gave up it's dead, and Hade's ( In early Jewish writings Hades is the ground) gave up it's dead and they were judged according to their deed.
    That means what they have done while they were alive.

1. profile image0

Good answer Thank You.

23. JoshuaDR profile image60
    JoshuaDRposted 12 years ago

I will probably be scared and ask for him not to hit me smile

1. profile image0

LOL.

2. Seek-n-Find profile image70
      Seek-n-Findposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Josh!  He will not hit you--no way.  Think more in terms of the hug a father gives his son after being reunited through a long journey.  :-)

24. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 12 years ago

We are judged by the "works" we do and nothing else.
    And God already knows our works, and they are written.

Revelation 20:12
    And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Revelation 20:13
    And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works

1. Disappearinghead profile image61
      Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've never understood why the Church ignores these statements. It says belief is all that required and all sinners share the same fate of eternal torment completely irrespective of their works.

1. profile image0

No one is going to be eternally tormented in Hell, you cannot enter Heaven, without being perect, like Jesus think about it.

2. profile image0

Thats just quoting from a book written by Men not God, God has never written a book.

The only way anyone can connect with God is through Jesus, did Jesus read a book during his teachings? No he did not, he spoke directly through God.

The words Jesus spoke wer not his own, they came from God. The first draft of the Bible was written 100 years after the death of Jesus.

Jesus asked his disiples in the very last stage of his life, do you still not know who I am?

The Men who wrote the book were scholars, but they were confused about who Jesus really was? Over time this book has been changed many many times by Men not by God.

Everybody goes into a building called a Church built by Men and listens to a preacher reciting word from a book written by Men!

Jesus never went into a building to pray, Jesus never read any book, Jesus did not own anything.

1. Jerami profile image58

And you know all of this ... How?   ......

Was it from reading a book?

1. profile image0

I know all this from taking notice of Jesus and his teachings, not from reading a man made book.

Jesus' teachings are a man made book.

2. Jerami profile image58

I apologize for my inconsistant presence here in forums. It is unavoidable

Taking notice of Jesus and his teachings as represented in the bible ?

I agree and disagree with what I think that you are saying.
              I first learned  about Jesus indirectly through my parents and family from that which they understood to be  written in the bible.
              I then learned the church's perception of who and what Jesus was.
              This was just a shadow of who he truly was/IS!

In my opinion ... Most of that which is written in red letters have been grossly misinterpreted.

Why do people interpret those things that the Master teacher has said in any way as to conform to that which someone else has said?   
            In that sense, that other person should is considered as the Master teacher.

I think that the most important aspects of his teachings were found to be unacceptable, to be included in the canon by the council of Nicaea.

For this reason I agree with you, that we can not have a full and truthful understanding of Jesus and his teachings using only those things we find in the book.

I think that the book is a necessary doorway for most people to go through, in order to see that which is on the other side.
               We should not stay in the doorway for ever.

Many Christian believe the bible has no contradiction, good thing I don't think every word is truth

1. Jerami profile image58

Don't know about contradictions in it,

I know for sure that when we misunderstand something from many different opinions there will always be a multitude of contradictions in theology.

sorry about the pause .....    went and washed dishes.  ha.

[img]http://x.hubpages.com/x/hubpages_mwww.youtube.com/watch?v=RB3g6m /img]

Youtube Quiz Show (Bible Contradictions)

2. profile image0
        Deborah Sextonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, Yahshua (Jesus) read from the Old Testament.

You would have never known about Yahshua (Jesus to you) without scripture. (the Bible)

The book I am speaking of is God's Book of Life, not the Bible.
        There are no preachers where I worship.

Yes,Yahshua went to the Temple to pray.
        He said God dwelt there.

Where do you get your Info?

1. profile image0

God's book of life, who wrote it?

1. profile image0

You said you know what a metaphor is.

Book of Life is a metaphor for God's memory of who has done good.
            It is synonymous with the Book of Remembrance

That is the Biblical meaning. I imagine if it is written, than God wrote it.
            How do you know God never wrote a book? Did he tell you?

And no, without the Bible (Book) you would not know there was a man named Yahshua (again Jesus to you)

You say you believe In "Jesus", well I hope you also believe in God.

1. profile image0

There is no need to be so condescending, I do know who Jesus is and I know Him well, I didn't learn about Jesus from a book.

Jesus will teach you himself, if you can get your head out of the Bible for long enough and listen.

Yashua and Yahweh are man made names written in a book by Men.

You cannot trust a book that was written by Men, not just one book, to date we have 14 different versions of the said book here on Hubpages.

Some comments say that the name Jesus Christ is mentioned 196 times in a book containing over 1.500 pages, what are your thoughts on that?

For a condescending expert like yourself, maybe you should read less and listen more, the Bible is a clever distraction to keep us all away from the real truth.

My personal belief is, Jesus and God are the same person.

With much respect Thank You.

25. Judi Burton profile image60
    Judi Burtonposted 12 years ago

Hell. Hello. Dark. Light. What if demons were here to make us evolve faster? So without the serpent we would have never known the joy of reproduction. No babies to cuddle and hold and take care of. We would still be slaves in the garden tilling Gods soil. We make great slaves you know. It always frustrates me that God had to ask where Adam and Eve were. I mean it's God. Does he need to ask? Quite vengeful he was too. Not the compassionate loving God people speak of. So the serpent set us free? I'm not a satanist or anything. Just trying to see it from the point of view that didn't win history at that time.

1. profile image0

Good Constructive truthful Comment from Claire Evans Thank You.

Sorry Clair got my reply to you in the wrong capsule.

2. profile image0

You call this World joy, most babies don't get to be cuddled or loved in the third World, they just die from starvation in the street, that serpent is a really good guy right?

1. Judi Burton profile image60
        Judi Burtonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hhhmm. Yes babies do die. Everyday. So why would god send them to the Earth just to be tortured through starvation and die? And why would people claiming to love Jesus hate an idea of a world where all children are fed and have healthcare?

Greed

26. Judi Burton profile image60

When first challenging the word of God you must know his answer. If you want to know Gods answer you must ask a question. If you ask a question you must be curious. If you are curious God will send you to hell for you already have everything written down in a handy dandy leather bound book. You do not need to know anymore. But how will you know anything without curiosity?

1. profile image0

You cannot ask God a direct question, the question has to go through Jesus.

And, you know that how?

2. Judi Burton profile image60

Ah. But it's not asking God the question. It's asking yourself.

27. Claire Evans profile image64
    Claire Evansposted 12 years ago

That I exercised compassion to mirror Jesus' example and to tell the truth about Him and especially the misconceptions people have of God.

1. profile image0

Good Constructive truthful Comment by Claire Evans Thank You.

1. Claire Evans profile image64
        Claire Evansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you. smile

1. profile image0

smile

Claire Evansposted 32 hours ago
            That I exercised compassion to mirror Jesus' example and to tell the truth about Him and especially the misconceptions people have of God.

That is very very nice of you two; most of us on earth should throw our intellect and other spiritual thinking into the dumpster. Our Satan likeness or where most people on earth you are totally are unaware about JC, keep up your very niceness and keep up your respect for most Satan like and ignorance JC people

2. Miss Fiji profile image61
      Miss Fijiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Even if all of what we argue is true, it would not cause God to cease to exist. Keep that in mind.

1. profile image0

God is Good.

28. lone77star profile image73
    lone77starposted 12 years ago

My answer: Not enough.

1. profile image0

Good constructive comment from the lone77star Thank You.

29. Judi Burton profile image60

Castlepaloma. Have you ever studied native American spiritualiy? It is 10,000 years old. Older than any other standing religion today. It's main symbol is a circle with a cross through it. This circle accepts every religion because it sees each person worshipping on their own paths. They break it up into four directions. East is Christian, Muslim and Jewish  type people. South is Buddhist and Hindu type people. West is people like wiccans and voodoo type people. Ones who work with spirits and spells. The north is the agnostics and atheists who believe they can learn everything from history and science and very smart people. The native American religion encompasses everyone because we are all walking our own paths through the creator.

The Upanishads outdate Native American religion by 15,000 years and were the first spoken traditions on earth. We can play the back and forth game all day and none of us will truly ever be any better than the next person.

Juni

I have work on dozens of Native American displays in theme park, Museums and a few fantasy entertainment in venues about early man within North America . Randy is willing to help me and I'm starting a financial plan  and a much deeper studiy, about early North American man, wish me lots of luck , this area is a bible belt

Homo Sapiens reached Europe and Asia around 40,000 years ago, eventually replacing the date of migration to North America is disputed; it may have taken place .... Populations of modern man and Neanderthal overlapped in various regions'
      America over a land and ice bridge (Beringia), that existed between 47,000 – 14,000 years ago, Small isolated groups of hunter-gatherers migrated as far into Alaska.18,500 – 15,500 years ago) Paleo-Indians
      (18,000 BCE – 8,000 BCE)

1. profile image0

Very ineresting thanks CP.

30. Judi Burton profile image60

Hm. I've never heard of them. Do you have more info? I find religions fascinating.

1. profile image0

Me too.

31. Judi Burton profile image60

Gods book of life. Is this available on amazon?

1. profile image0

Funny.

You have heard of metaphors haven't you?

1. Judi Burton profile image60

If this is a site for writers I believe it would be logical to assume anyone here has a good idea of what a metaphor is.

1. profile image0

I agree.

2. profile image0

yes I have.

2. profile image0

Cannot find the book of life on amazon?

32. pstraubie48 profile image80
    pstraubie48posted 12 years ago

i will share those things with God... but I will share what He has done for me....He has sent His only son...to save me and others like me...He shows me mercy and grace each day...and He carries me through pain and difficult times.

1. profile image0

Very well put thanks.

33. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 12 years ago

I can say that there is sand at the sea shore.

Someone can translate this simple statement as an untruth when they see a clift at the water front, where they are at.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)