Evangelical Doubts About Gingrich

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (18 posts)
  1. Ralph Deeds profile image64
    Ralph Deedsposted 12 years ago

Evangelical Doubts About Gingrich

"In fact there has been an aggressive response from religious men, too. Jason (Molotov) Mitchell, a Christian television producer who has linked Obama to Nazism, released a video in which he accused Gingrich--'the Kim Kardashian of the G.O.P.'--of being 'the walking , talking definition of untrustworthy,' sneered at Callista for being 'quite the missionary,' and asserted that 'Newt and Callista are the last role models we want our sons and daughters looking up to.'"

"The third wife doesn't get to be the first lady." Penny Nance, president of Concerned Women for America.

Mike Huckabee: "I hear from friends who are conservative women who say, 'I will not vote for Newt Gingrich.' I say why? 'He's walked out on two wives.'"

[The New Yorker January 23, 2012] Here's a link to Jason (Molotov) Mitchell's video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iMPjo46das

1. cprice75 profile image84
      cprice75posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I just posted a blog about this very thing.  The thing that surprised me was how many evangelicals actually voted for Newt.  My blog is about church history, and I find it interesting that Newt's poor decision making is ignored when the choice is between Newt and a Mormon for evangelicals.  I post this as a theologically (although definitely not neo-con) conservative evangelical.  The kicker is the hypocrisy.  Newt was clamoring for Clinton's impeachment all while he was simultaneously cheating on his sick wife.  If you want the link to the blog, it should be on my profile.  If not, just wanted to voice my interest/confusion at some people's reasoning.

1. A Troubled Man profile image58
        A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's great, isn't it?

Funny how all it does is increase Newts popularity.

Maybe those particular evangelicals who voted for Newt appeal to him as kinfolk and more aligned with their own life choices. smile

2. robie2 profile image76
      robie2posted 12 years agoin reply to this

even better-- he walked out on wife number one right after she was diagnosed with cancer and he walked out on wife number two soon after her diagnosis of multiple sclerosis-- so much for " in sickness and in health"  I wonder how evangelicals feel about that?

1. Ralph Deeds profile image64
        Ralph Deedsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Maybe they are prejudiced against Romney because he's a Mormon. Or maybe their prejudice against Obama because he's black combined with being impressed by Newt's debating skill caused them to support Newt despite his heavy baggage.??Some day a sociologist'll write a book explaining what happened.

I wonder why we haven't heard from some of the religious folks on this forum??

1. H P Roychoudhury profile image42
          H P Roychoudhuryposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I am not an American, I am an Indian but yet I thing as a human being I have a right to express my feeling about a person who is expecting to be the supreme leader of USA so to say the Mankind. A person who walked out of his life partner when she was in danger of cancer needing assistance and again he who walked out of the second wife when she was in distress needing all out help from husband how he could thing for the welfare of others.  A person could do who knows to share distress only he could thing to remove the distress of others.

1. couturepopcafe profile image59
            couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Excellent observation.

2. Ralph Deeds profile image64
            Ralph Deedsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree completely. Very true. Gingrich is a rat.

3. rebekahELLE profile image84
            rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

His personal actions certainly show serious character flaws which could affect his ability to lead a nation decisively and humanely. I don't like him in any way, nor do I trust him.

1. H P Roychoudhury profile image42
              H P Roychoudhuryposted 12 years agoin reply to this

His personal actions certainly show serious character flaws which could affect his ability to lead a nation decisively and humanely. I don't like him in any way, nor do I trust him.

With reference to the above remark made by “rebekahELLE”, I take recourse to reply. I already made it clear that I am an Indian, a citizen of a poor country, the country who got the gate way to cherish knowledge through British only a half century ago, furnished my observation as a human being in the civilized world. You might either accept or reject my of sense feeling as you being a civilized citizen of a civilized country, but I never lean to hear a remark of mistrust and humiliation. Yes, you may not like me or my comment of observation but you can not raise the question of trust. You should not trust me but how could you put my sanctity of trust in question in public?

2. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 12 years ago

I don't like to use the word "hate," but I really, really, really, REALLY dislike Newt!! And BTW, I'm a Christian, but I don't consider myself as an evangelical.

Just the thought of Newt and Collista in the WH makes me want to throw up.

1. livelonger profile image86
      livelongerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Don't worry about that. Callista is already on the way out; Newt's on the prowl for a younger model, I hear. lol

1. Greek One profile image63
        Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You there.. in the High School uniform... yeah, I see you looking at me!  What are you're thoughts regarding Open Marriages?

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/120122063745-gingrich-sc-primary-c1-story-top.jpg

2. robie2 profile image76

.....or the alternative scenario-- if Newt really screws up again ( which is possible considering what he has done in the past) and flames out bigtime, Calista may decide to trade him in on a new model.  After all, she is 23 years his junior-- plenty of time to attach herself to another rising star hmmmmmm? (lol)

1. livelonger profile image86
          livelongerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That is a very good point! But their hair styles and colors (oddly) match really, really well...

1. robie2 profile image76

true-- they both have bouffant hair and the same creepy smile smile

3. Stump Parrish profile image61
    Stump Parrishposted 12 years ago

it's coming down to a choice between a Mormon, or a Catholic. one of which will go up against a black protestant. I don't think the devil could have scripted it any better. Tickled the heck out of me watching all the southern baptists voting for the catholic. I'll bet the KKK is going batshit crazy right now. lmao.

1. couturepopcafe profile image59
      couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's pretty funny. In Neil Gaiman's "Good Omens" he says that humans constantly come up with more ways to mess up their lives than any demon ever could.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)