Pagan/Wiccan Spiritual Names

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (48 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Daniella Lopezposted 12 years ago

Have you chosen a Pagan name to go by as your new spiritual name? If so, what is it? and what made you decide to change your name?

1. Cresentmoon2007 profile image67
      Cresentmoon2007posted 12 years agoin reply to this

My given name at with is Atarah, however when I am online or speaking of pagan things I do prefer to be called Crescent Moon. I've always felt connected to the moon and especially the crescent phase. Only recently have I found that the Goddess I connect with, Sophia, one of her symbols is that of the Crescent Moon. It's interesting how things work out. Do you have one?

1. profile image0
        Daniella Lopezposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Your given name is very pretty! as is your Pagan name. smile

I currently do not have a Pagan name, but I am considering adapting one.

Thanks for commenting!

1. kittythedreamer profile image73
          kittythedreamerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My spiritual name is Rhiannon DancingOak.
          Rhiannon because the first goddess I connected with was Rhiannon (a Welsh Celtic Goddess) and Dancing Oak because my favorite tree is the oak and so "DancingOak" signifies a strong woman that is also apt to having fun and enjoying life! smile

2. Cresentmoon2007 profile image67

You're welcome daniella. And thank you for you kind compliment.

Kitty, I really like your spiritual name. It's wonderfu.

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
      mistyhorizon2003posted 12 years agoin reply to this

No I haven't, not officially, but if I did it would be this name (mistyhorizon) minus the 2003 at the end of it. The reason for this is that when I first chose this name it just 'came to me', and that was back in around 1995.

I find that name to be wonderful

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88

Thank you smile

I love "misty horizon" how unique!

2. profile image0

Misty Horizon is beautiful! I love it. big_smile

3. SheliaKay profile image60
      SheliaKayposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have two. Rhiannon the moon goddess of inspiration and autumn moon. I meditated on this for a long time and at the same time the book I was reading spoke of Rhiannon the moon goddess of inspiration so once I read that I knew it was a sign. I need all the inspiration I can get.

Rhiannon is a part of my spiritual name, as well.

2. profile image0

Lovely name, Shelia! It seems like many Pagans follow the goddess Rhiannon.

4. profile image52
      paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Who is a pagan? Whom do they follow?

The same divinity...different names.

2. profile image52
        paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this
    5. Dale Hyde profile image81
      Dale Hydeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have two names. One was chosen by me at my Wiccan Dedication Ceremony and that one is private.  However, my known spiritual name that was channeled through another from the Archangel Michael is Gentle Deer Lion Tamer.

2. pinktulipfairie profile image71
    pinktulipfairieposted 12 years ago

I want a name

I think you have one, already! pink tulip fairie! smile

2. Cresentmoon2007 profile image67

Yes, that actually sounds like a great spiritual name pink tulip fairie

1. pinktulipfairie profile image71
        pinktulipfairieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well I will take your word for it

3. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 12 years ago

My spiritual name is... she, who runs butt-naked in the moonlight while tripping over overgrown tree roots. big_smile

Lol ok. So that's not definite but it's a start!

I love it Klara!

4. profile image0
    Daniella Lopezposted 12 years ago

Lovely name, Kitty.

I definitely know that RedWolf will be the last part of mine, but I cannot figure out what to do for the first part. I'll have to pray on it and see what happens. smile

It'll come to you, don't worry.

5. Hawthorn profile image61
    Hawthornposted 12 years ago

I have quite a few names hah hah - A Pagan name, a name from a  previous life, my birth name and Hawthorn which is my online name and sometimes used in real life...all my names are used by different people depending on how they or I feel comfortable on addressing each other =]

Remember guys! Names have power! big_smile x

I agree names do have power! I have no idea what my past lives or life was. I wish I did though.

6. Hawthorn profile image61

See a medium for a past life regression! big_smile x

My past lives have actually appeared in my dreams, Cresentmoon.

Thank you both of you, I may just have to do that. And kitty, I will have to pay more attention to my dreams

7. Hawthorn profile image61

My past life came through with my spirit guide big_smile x

8. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 12 years ago

My real name is pagan but I'm not revealing it because I'm a public school teacher. We are constantly getting screened by the school district and I could lose my job over admitting I like to have a beer once a month. Seriously!

But I'll say my name is pronounced (not written) as Fig Tree in the Romany language. smile

That's understandable. Still thanks for sharing a small bit of information of your name. I know that some choose not to share their Pagan name and keep it to themselves, this is something I can understand. However just the idea of a fig tree is beautiful so I am sure your pagan name is as well.

2. profile image0

That's very understandable, klarawieck. I know many Pagans who choose to keep their Pagan name private, which isn't a bad idea in my opinion. At least with that way, it's something special that only you and the goddess know; allowing you to connect with the goddess in a stronger way.

1. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for understanding Daniella. The truth is that it has nothing to do with it being a pagan name. It has to do with being my real name. A lot of teachers have lost their jobs because they write something inappropriate online. And by "inappropriate" I mean something as silly as "I'm feeling a bit tipsy". We are asked to be role-models for our students in and out of the classroom, even if that means not being open about your belief, likes and dislikes. hmm That's just the way it is.

9. tshivley profile image57
    tshivleyposted 12 years ago

My soul name is Sarrestia.  I say soul because through a lot of journeying and spiritual questing, I was able to trace myself, my soul as far back as I would ever be allowed to go and was told this was my name by a very amazing source.  In my path, there is the source and the divine masculine and divine feminine; when a soul is created (mind you this is not the same realm as here) by the source, the divine masculine and divine feminine imbue the soul with their energy, with their love, thus giving the soul a name.  Sar Restia; Sarrestia.
    Forgive me if my path seems a bit odd, quite different from the usual, but there you have it.

10. rbe0 profile image61
    rbe0posted 12 years ago

I see this is very popular among females.

I find no need to call myself by alternate names, as this would be a division of personal power, and ones ego.

I choose to combine all of my personal power into the same source of output, or ego.

1. Michele Travis profile image67
      Michele Travisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol,  but you are a fast typer,  I just signed on, and you are the last one who shows up one most of the pages smile

Oh..how about sockpuppet? smile  ?

1. rbe0 profile image61
          rbe0posted 12 years agoin reply to this

im not a sockpuppet, im a puppetmaster. jk.

Thats pretty good rb !

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88

Golly, you mean your parents actually called you 'rbe0' how cruel tongue

1. rbe0 profile image61
        rbe0posted 12 years agoin reply to this

these are the initials of my real name.

but i see your point smile

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88

LOL lol couldn't resist!

11. Daughter Of Maat profile image93
    Daughter Of Maatposted 12 years ago

I didn't think you were supposed to reveal your spiritual name because it can easily be used to cast spells or perform magick against you??

12. That Grrl profile image74
    That Grrlposted 12 years ago

I've never liked the name changing idea or understood why so many people do this. I use other names for online role playing games and email addresses. Paganism isn't a time when I want to dress up like someone else, or play pretend. I like to be myself, with my own, real name. It's like admitting to the world that this is who I am and I don't feel I need to hide it. Of course, this isn't practical for everyone. Some are hiding in the broom closet (do they still use that phrase?) for good/ real reasons.

13. ananceleste profile image60
    anancelesteposted 12 years ago

My name came to me in a dream I had when I was 13 years old, around the same time of my dedication. It is Solstice. And it stuck.
    http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6014136_f248.jpg

14. profile image60
    nasakeposted 12 years ago

I took on the name Kira. However, a search for my pagan name exercise resulted in a symbol popping into my mind. The symbol is completely unique so i cant link to any pictures

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)