Hubs need revision

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (25 posts)
  1. shomu2009 profile image58
    shomu2009posted 12 years ago

I have been writing for 3 weeks. This morning only all of a sudden I found all my 22 hubs placed undr revision . Can you tell me what is wrong with my Hubs ? I am at a loss what to do next? Kindly help

1. That Grrl profile image72
      That Grrlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Run a spell check, then proofread your posts by eye. Do you have more than two links to any one site? Read over the Hub rules and check your posts.

2. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I checked a cached version of one of your hubs, randomly chosen, followed by a duplicate to the same contents on Infobarrel:

Hub title (cached): "Time To Let Them In………Palestine"

http://www.infobarrel.com/Time_To_Let_Them_InPalestine_

1. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's odd because none of his other hubs seemed copied, and that hub you linked wouldn't come up in the cache when I tried earlier. Kept saying 404 error, not found on this server.

Maybe he reposted it himself?

1. profile image0

Thanks for your help, IzzyM.

Both links work on my system. The link to the cached version may only work on the system that did the search, so I have removed the link.

I found the Infobarrel article by Googling snippets of text from the cached hub: "Time To Let Them In………Palestine"

I agree that he may have reposted it himself; not that I can see how that will help resolve the situation.

shomu2009posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have deleted the hub and then reposted it on infobarrel. The article was able to pass a human review over there and yet it was deemed not good enough for Hubpages. As IzzyM ppointed out that the only problem with my hubs is spacing between commas and fullstops. That definitely didnot warrant such a strick action of putting all my hubs on need revision mode. Kindly help me out

1. profile image0

To be honest, you are wasting your time on this forum. No one can see why your hubs are being held in moderation. Only the administrators know that, so you will have to contact them directly. The email address has been provided above.

2. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

I had a look at your hubs in the cache and they seem perfect to me.

Except you do seem to have a lot of spacing placed before commas and full stops which isn't correct. There should be no space.

Were you using spinning software, or did you write them yourself? (sorry but have to ask)

I write THEM myself I am not aware of any effective spinning software. Spacing between commas and full stops do not mean perfectly good hubs to be placed under revision  Does it? Is there anything else I can do ? Contact anyone to redress this obvious mistake Kindly help

1. IzzyM profile image87

I'm not seeing anything else at all wrong with your hubs. They are excellently written and look almost professional except for the problem I mentioned already.

I see also from the cache that you put 5 of them up inside 9 hours which seems fast.

Then again, you could have had them already written on your hard drive.

You will need to email the staff and ask them what is wrong, I'm afraid.

Team@hubpages.com

thank you so much for your help . This is my first endeavour as a writer and i hope this roadblock is just an aberration . Anything else i can do apart from mailing them ?

1. IzzyM profile image87

Not that I know of. I hope you wrote them a nice email using your excellent English skills because they will soon see that you have a perfect command of the English language as you have shown here on this forum.
            It sounds like someone was trigger-happy the day they took your hubs down.

Good luck and welcome to Hubpages smile

3. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

If you open the hub in edit mode it should say at the top why it was unpublished.

4. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 12 years ago

And Hubpages is very good at coming back to you and telling you why!

1. snigdha.s profile image76
      snigdha.sposted 12 years agoin reply to this

of late they aren't.I had written 9 hubs in a span of 3 months.Wrote my latest 10 days back and was surprised to see the needs revision remark.Made changes as i thought maybe i wrote it in a hurry and must have not done proper proof reading.Resubmitted twice,now wondering is it worthwhile writing here.

1. profile image0

You really need to insert one space after punctuation marks; at least in your hubs, or they are considered "substandard."

2. profile image0
        Sophia Angeliqueposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Just took a lot at some of your hubs. Your content is good - if it can be understood. Essentially, your grammar is so bad as to make your hubs awkward to read. Perhaps that was the issue?

1. profile image0

You took a look at some of them.

She meant just a look was more than enough for her to decide my awful grammar and good content,anyway Did you mean that i need to insert a space after fullstops even.Could that be a reason for not publishing this hub?This is the first time i have faced this problem and am unable to figure out what is wrong in this hub.Have written this hub in a relaxed and casual manner rather than sticking to the typical textbook type of writing.Haven't been around for a while so did not follow the latest developments on Hubpages.Could you please go through my Hub http://snigdha-s.hubpages.com/hub/Hair- … ck-results and help me out with it.Your guidance is much appreciated.

2. snigdha.s profile image76

Thnks Sophia for enlightening me

5. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 12 years ago

Snigdha, there definitely needs to be spaces after full stops; same with commas, semi-colons, colons, question-marks, exclamation points, parentheses, close-quotes. If someone flags a hub missing these spaces, the hub will most likely be unpublished as substandard.

The link you gave me leads to a hub that is no longer published. But if you go over your punctuation marks, in hubs and even on your profile page, you will be doing both yourself and your readers a favor. Good luck!

Thanks for your inputs. Have inserted spaces. I had deleted the hub yesterday, but it was restored after I edited it within 24 hrs. Have resubmitted it just now after making a few corrections. Indeed, there were no spaces after fullstops.

1. Madurai profile image58
        Maduraiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What happened after resubmission..it is ok now?

Not yet, they are not so prompt. It takes a day or two. It is not one of my best hubs but definitely had good tips on hair loss treatments which i wanted to share.

It is published finally.They took 3 hours this time,very prompt for a change.Are the links not working from the hubs?Read somewhere in the forum that they have discontinued with the links

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)