Christians threatening a teenage girl?

Jump to Last Post 51-62 of 62 discussions (506 posts)
  1. HattieMattieMae profile image61
    HattieMattieMaeposted 12 years ago

lol....yay I've done my work Insane! lol

2. HattieMattieMae profile image61

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO4tIrjBDkk
    Good video here Insane! Like I've said I've done my work, researched Leadership from 500 fortune companies, sports heroes, political leaders, spiritual leaders, talked to people all over the world, stood up to 15 people once on the internet that were bullies worse than them, and they wanted to quit by the time I got done with them. lol I've stood up to gangstas across the United States, Even a white girl that got in a African American Sorority because I earned my way through example. I have no biases, no prejudices, no discriminations. I've covered my territory for the last four years talking every culture, race, religion, and gender. I get along with musicians, writers, artists. Fortunately I don't let my ego get in the way.

1. Insane Mundane profile image57
      Insane Mundaneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Beautiful...  That was an excellent clip; it reminded me of some old Rocky Balboa flicks.  At any rate, it sounds like you like to argue even more than I do, but the fight is always there if its worth winning for.  However, the battle that I spoke about was between you and the forum poster "A Troubled Man," although I appreciate the video links; cheers!  Oh, what happened to your opposition?  Did he quit on us?  LOL!  Okay, now I'm about to check out your other video links, that is, before they remove the freedom of the internet from us (hopefully not!), but just saying since all of that talk about SOPA has been surfacing of late and whatnot....

3. HattieMattieMae profile image61

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX39J_Yy … re=related
    Here's another one Insane! If he wants to keep going, We can! lol

4. HattieMattieMae profile image61
  5. HattieMattieMae profile image61

Ha ha no problem insane! It's not a matter of who wins or loses, just that you do with a good heart!

With a good heart?  Well, there went half the population, but I'm still in...  Ha!

2. Insane Mundane profile image57

Can we at least argue about something, because I don't feel comfortable with all of this agreeable stuff; ha-ha!

6. HattieMattieMae profile image61

ha ha...well he must of decided he was done! lol

Hey, over here... I wanna argue...  Com'on, just bring something up debatable.  Since you have obviously defeated "A Troubled Man" in this particualr venue, I feel obligated to keep the fight alive.   But, uh, where do we start?  Either way, you got some radical, cool video links...

HattieMattieMaeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well I have to go right now take my son to his dad's lol I'm sure that will give him time to come up with something. lol

LOL!  Yeah, that's what I thought, girly girl... lol  He probably does need time to at least "think" about it... I'd much rather y'all be online sparring anyway, but I'll be glad to promote it, either way...

2. A Troubled Man profile image59
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol With your nonsense or your false statements?

7. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 12 years ago

Wow, i can't believe this is still an issue here.  Look, I can understand why some Christians would be upset by all this.  However, the girl, whether you agree with her actions or not, did nothing wrong.  She didn't sneak into the school to take down the banner herself.  No, she legally went through the system to have said banner taken down, and we just have to respect that.  The people threatening her are the real people we should be talking about here.  They're the ones that need to be punished for threatening this girl, as she didn't do anything to deserve it.

hmm...Stevenix you brought Trouble back out of the closet! lol

2. The Suburban Poet profile image82
      The Suburban Poetposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nobody should threaten anybody. I think we can agree on that....

I agree with you Suburban! smile

2. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Um...I didn't think I said anything otherwise...but I guess that wasn't clear enough...hmm

However, you're right that nobody should threaten anyone, but the people threatening her need to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

1. The Suburban Poet profile image82

I haven't read any of your posts on this thread so I'm sorry if I implied anything concerning you. I agree that the point is that if you threaten someone then you should suffer the consequences. That's pretty clear....  AND I'll add that any Christian who does this sort of thing makes me wonder about them and whether they even can be called a Christian because if they are honest about the Gospels they would see very quickly that Jesus wouldn't sanction that sort of behavior.... take the stoning of the adultress for instance. I'd say that covers it.....

1. profile image0
            Stevennix2001posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh okay.  sorry, i misunderstood ya there.  Yeah, I agree. I don't see why the girl's actions justifies the means of these people threatening her.  Sure, they don't have to agree with her actions, but to go out of their way to harass her like this, that's low on anyone's part.  Besides, what kind of message will that give to the kids in that school?  That if you stand up for what you believe in, then you've earned right to be harassed and threatened because the census majority doesn't agree with you?  It's sad.

No problem and I agree; it is sad... in America we have protections for the minority from the tyranny of the majority and I agree with those protections. I understand people disagreeing and having hard feelings and all that but you have to look at yourself and really understand what it is you are doing to others. The problem with the separation of Church and State is the interpretation of the amendment and then the degree to which it should be enforced. I know of attorney's who are Christians who will argue with you all day long about the over-reach in the interpretation of the Constitution by Atheists.

I tend to believe that the separation of church and state actually has been good for Christians and not the other way around. Nobody is being prevented from going to church and I believe Christianity clearly is a dominant culture in America regardless of O'Hair's success in court. Just last night I heard Obama speaking openly on his Christian faith (ironically he has been accused of being a closet Muslim) but he's not letting the fact that he's President stop him from talking about it. Clinton did too... when he was popped for his little affair with Monica he went into seclusion to supposedly pray with Jessie Jackson.

In the end Christians should remember the words of Jesus about praying in a closet but also this: "Why are you concerned about the spec in someone else's eye while ignoring the plank in your own?"

2. Insane Mundane profile image57

Aren't you the guy who was suppose to give me a psychic reading the other day?   You know, we were going to talk about quantum jumping, OBE, and all types of ill stuff on a forum thread, but you wholeheartedly declined because I didn't show proof of insurance?  lol

Yes I am the same guy but it wasn't a psychic reading as I said. It was an analysis based upon the posts on this thread.....

I don't know anything about those things you list... but I've been around the block a few times and I know an extremist when I see one....

Well, I'm not a religionist or from the Jihad, so are you calling me an a**hole?  Ha?

I don't think I was referring to you originally... I was responding to some other posters....  do you think I'm a "religionist" or "from the Jihad?"

If you are an Atheist then I don't have a problem with that. It's the Madeline Murray O'Hair types that I object too...

Say whaaa?  English my dear, English...  How in the hell was you not referring to me when you replied to my comment?   What country are you from?  You are the one that proclaimed, on another forum, that you should be rewarded money for your so-called "analysis" of human beings...  You got my attention and I wanted a free psychic reading, that's all...  I'm sorry that you have no idea about quantum jumping or OBE type stuff, as I figured you guys know about such things while spouting those bold proclamations of human awareness; that's all I wanted...  big_smile

8. HattieMattieMae profile image61

Why are you concerned about the spec in someone else's eye while ignoring the plank in your own?"
    Good message right here for everyone! smile

And I just bought a vowel and got your message!

Ha....

lol couldn't remember the exact words earlier when you weren't here. lol

Well I put the words in your mouth and you revealed them to me and now what can I say?

ha ha, wasn't trying to do that! lol

That's ok... I don't want to be judging people anyway so inadvertant or not thank you!

Interesting video of this girl! Explains a little more about about what happen!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zORibzHqqZ0

9. HattieMattieMae profile image61

It's one thing to stand up for your rights, and I agree know one should be threatened, but appears she is getting off on making people angry, laughs and making jokes about it. Doesn't look like she is to scared of people threatening her. She seems she likes the fact that she made people irate and angry.

10. HattieMattieMae profile image61

All I know is from watching that vide of Jessica it's really disturbing to me. I understand people have rights and differences, even sticking up for your beliefs. I just don't agree with laughing and joking about making other people irate and angry. It makes me wonder now if she actually did it for the constituational rights, or was she trying to get attention, fame, and start a war between people. Ha ha, not trying to be judgemental hear, but even if she was threatened she is not acting like she is effected by it all as she carries on in this video. I would  have had sympathy,maybe empathy, but when you stand there behaving the way she is in that video, it just reminds me of another hitler.

1. A Troubled Man profile image59

Yes, the removal of a banner sure does seem equivalent to having all Jews exterminated, at least to intolerant Christians who don't get their own way. And yes, that sure is funny, isn't it, Hattie. Have a good laugh.

I'm not talking about that Trouble. The point is that she is complaining she is being threatened, and than turning around going to a public meeting laughing and joking about being threatened and it does bother her, and bragging about how she upset people and gto them angry. This has nothing to do anything, but getting off on making people angry with her. If she really wanted them to stop threatening her, she wouldn't have made this public. I have never been taught to disrespect other people, even when they have offended me, I don't go out, and laugh, make jokes about, and think it's humorous when they've made threats. Any lawyer gives you this advice in any case and situation.

It's just one false statement after another with you, Hattie. Very sad.

Again, one false statement after another.

Did you eve watch the video trouble! lol

Yes, that is why you make one false claim after another.

well you have a nice day trouble! I have a novel to write, so don't have time to argue!

But, you have plenty of time to make one false statement after another. I do hope your novel doesn't follow the same pattern.

Well I was figuring I'll just make you my main character! lol

11. HattieMattieMae profile image61

Ha Ha I agree Jonny! We'll never know! We need some Troll Spray! lol

Ha!  Go ahead and throw me into your novel as well, as a madman scientist wearing a straight jacket, can always add a "punch to the plot," if ya know what I mean...  Either way, something tells me that the second page for this forum thread "Christians threatening a teenage girl?" has nothing to do with such, and is anything but germane...   LOL!

sure thing Insane, maybe just a novel about the close encounters on hubpages! lol

12. HattieMattieMae profile image61

We don't know if your a chic or not Troll! People take picture from other sites all the time. If you really had something important to say you would have lots of hubs written by now on some topic, which means the only reason you're here is troll around fishing for someone to harass.

So, now I'm harassing you while you call me names. Horrible behavior.

Yay maybe you need to go read the article that a fellow hubber wrote about How to handle Trolls. You fit the description!

From the urban dictionary:

trolling

6117 up, 2767 down

Being a prick on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can.

Guy: "I just found the coolest ninja pencil in existence."
        Other Guy: "I just found the most retarded thread in existence

Here's another article as well on trolls, I think we all know you're a troll trouble so Congrats! Maybe you'll become famous for being one!

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/troll4.htm

Really? Let's see how many of those points are more in line with you than me...

Most certainly, you have ignored responses from other members here on this thread alone when you attempted to defend your beliefs in light of the law regarding church and state.

You've done little more than call me names and insulted me personally, claiming I'm abusing and harassing you, posting false statements continuously.

We are all guilty of that from time to time. You started this thread with that exactly in mind.

You focus entirely on me rather than the subject matter, no matter how many times I've asked you not to do so.

Like starting threads complaining about the separation of church and state.

You change tactics and do not answer points made while logical fallacies are pointed out constantly.

Thanks for bring that up and providing the link. It was well worth it. smile

1. profile image0
            jonnycomelatelyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Then that Website mentions "what to do about a Troll..."

One suggestion is " Pay the troll a compliment,..."   errr,  ummmm, just trying to think of one,,, ,ummmmm

ha ha...Nice Johnny!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)