Jesus was not omnipotent but Allah is

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (56 posts)
  1. profile image52
    Tsiposted 12 years ago

Surely, in disbelief are they who say that allah is the Messiah, son of Maryam (Mary) . Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم): "Who then has the least power against allah, if He were to destroy the Messiah, son of Maryam (Mary), his mother, and all those who are on the earth together?" And to allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them. He creates what He wills. And allah is Able to do all things.-----Quran
    (  سورة المائدة  , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #17)

1. Disappearinghead profile image61
      Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Agreed Jesus was not omnipotent because He laid aside His majesty to come to Earth in the flesh and chose to constrain Himself thus. smile

However, you're not going to respond because you just want to publish verse from the Quran.

1. profile image52
        Tsiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Jesus will return as general of prophet mohammad in proximity of judgement day.The muslim Army will conquer the jewish anti Christ under jesus command.So welcome your Prophet back to earth.and stop oppossing the muslims .you are in effect doing a dis service to Jesus.

1. Insane Mundane profile image58
          Insane Mundaneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The "muslim army?" Like I said, we need a "combative" category for y'all angry Islamic folks...as a strapped, automatic .50 caliber machine gun just isn't good enough for y'all dir'ka, dir'ka, jahama-jihad sand dwellers without a reason to kill who all doesn't succumb to the militaristic background via Muhammad and the "kill 'em all that doesn't believe our purpose" along with your anti-civil rights propaganda in addition to the dirty hands and camel dung that certain "American Haters" are known to shake hands with... And you speak about religion, Jesus, and a return of a prophet? Even if there was a God, I think he would respond to you with: "WTF?  LOL!"  Hey, I said nothing, my prohpet from the desert that got back from "target practice," told me these things as I know nothing...  Praise be; "Allah akbar!"

1. profile image52

To you your belief to me my beliefs. i lovingly pray for your well being.Peace!!!!

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
              couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't believe you do lovingly pray for anyone's well being. You antagonize, prod and condemn the belief's of others under the guise of being a faithful servant of Allah, The Most High who is God to all people, not just you bucko. Once again, go crawl back under your rock.

2. A Troubled Man profile image59
          A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Islam in a nutshell? lol

No, Islam in a nutjob.

3. Claire Evans profile image62
          Claire Evansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am busy reading a book by Perry Stone called, "Unleashing the Beast" where he makes a compelling argument that the Anti-Christ will be Muslim.  Mahdi, to be exact.  Both the Mahdi and the Anti-Christ is said going to be a military leader.

Citing Hadith which speak of the Mahdi’s emergence and rule, Muhammad Ali ibn Zubair relates this amazing tradition:

The Prophet said: There will be four peace agreements between you and the Romans.  The fourth will be mediated through a person who will be from the progeny of Hadrat Aaron (Honorable Aaron, the brother of Moses) and will be upheld for seven years.  The people asked, “O Prophet Muhammad, who will be the imam (leader) of the people at that time?”  The Prophet said: He will be from my progeny and will be exactly forty years of age.  His face will shine like a star...  14

The Anti-Christ will rule for 7 years. The first 42 months will be when the Gentiles take over Jerusalem (Rev 11:2) and then in Revelation 13:5, the unbridled reign of antichrist is said to last for 42 months, that is, for the duration of the Great Tribulation.

Daniel 7:25 prophecies:

"He will speak against the Most High and oppress his saints and try to change the set times and the laws. The saints will be handed over to him for a time, times and half a time."

Muslims want the Islamic calendar imposed world-wide.

Dr. Waleed Mahanna, articulates the Islamic position regarding the Islamic “Hijra” Calendar:

It is considered a divine command to use a (Hijra) calendar with 12 (purely) lunar months without intercalation, as evident from… the Holy Qur'an. 15

Both the Prophet Mahdi and the Anti-Christ will come on a white horse:

I watched as the Lamb (Jesus) opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, "Come!" I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest. Revelation 6:1-2

The early Muslim transmitter of Hadith, Ka’b al Ahbar is quoted as saying:

I find the Mahdi recorded in the books of the Prophets… For instance, the Book of Revelation says: “And I saw and behold a white horse.  He that sat on him…went forth conquering and to conquer.” 16

http://answering-islam.org/Authors/JR/F … christ.htm

Those are remarkable parallels.  Is it possible they are one and the same judging by the evidence?

1. Disappearinghead profile image61
            Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There is no Roman Empire anymore, thus any four peace agreements between followers of Islam and Rome happend a long time ago.

Emporer Augustine proclaimed an age of peace between Rome and Judea. This came to an end with the reign of Nero who was understood to be the antichrist. From the burning of Rome to his suicide was 42months, during which he persecuted the Christians and waged war against Judea.

General Vespasian was conducting the war right up until the seige of Jerusalem. When Nero commited suicide, Vespasian returned to Rome as Caesar. His son Titus finally defeated Jerusalem after another 42 months, aka the trampling of Jerusalem. During the war it is estimated that 1.2 million Jews were killed, and what followed was an ethnic cleaning of Jews throughout Judea. All of these 'Great Tribulation' events fulfilled Jesus' prophesies in Matthew 23 and 24.

The 'Great Tribulation' happened a very long time ago. Revelation is just about done and dusted. When Jesus' return did not happen as expected, the Church continued to put it off to the future and reinterpret Revelation to the events of their time. The Church continues to do this today, thus we have wacky ideas of a new European Roman Empire and RFID implants.

2. profile image0
      jomineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Is this the 'hub'pages or the 'nuts'pages?

1. mischeviousme profile image61
        mischeviousmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Got any straight jackets?

1. LewSethics profile image60
          LewSethicsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The good thing is, this forum gives us a little perspective between the merely opinionated and the wackos.

I hope I'm one of the wackos, I try sooo hard. lol lol

LOL

3. LewSethics profile image60

And don't call me shirley.

4. Claire Evans profile image62

Why would anyone want to worship a moon god like Allah especially since there are so many other moon gods out there.  Why is he the greatest moon god?

1. A Troubled Man profile image59

Why would anyone want to worship a sun god like Jesus especially since there are so many other sun gods out there.  Why is he the greatest sun god?

Works both ways, Claire.

1. Claire Evans profile image62

Oh, tell me about this sun god Jesus? Who are the other sun gods that are just like Him?

Don't do a "Zoroaster" on me now and lie then when busted, run away! LMAO!!!

You see, Claire, that's the problem with having ones nose in a Bible all day long, they never actually take the time to research other religions or the origins thereof.

I have done plenty of research, thank you, or else I wouldn't just dismiss your claim of Jesus being a sun god.  So where's your evidence?  Or are you going to run away again?

No Claire, you have no such thing, all you have accomplished is to poke around websites looking for others who believe as you do and then posting it here. If you actually had done any research, you would have found plenty of books written about the almost identical comparisons between Jesus and Horus, Mithra and a host of other gods throughout ancient history. There's even hubs written about the topic right here.

A Troubled Man, do you know nothing? It's old news that those Zeitgeist claims have been debunked ages ago.  Give me your sources for your claims. Let me see their qualifications.  You make all these claims about Jesus being a rip off of pagan gods yet never give me any evidence.  Here's a hint: don't cite Acharya S as a source. 

I would invite you to an formal debate on this subject but knowing you, you will run away when I've refuted you.  You keep doing that and that is not conducive to a good debate.

Here's a little teaser for you:

Mithras/Mithra

Manfred Clauss, German Professor for Ancient History in The Roman Cult of Mithras, writes:

“The literary sources here are few but unmistakable: Mithras was known as the rock-born god. The inscriptions confirm this nomenclature: one even reads D(eo) O(omipotenti) S(oli) Invi(cto), Deo Genitori, r(upe) n(ato), ‘To the almighty God Sun invincible, generative god, born from the rock’….Mithras also appears in the archaeological record as the rock-born god. Many images represent the god growing out of a rock with both arms raised aloft….After the bull-slaying, the rock-birth is the most frequently represented event of the myth, either as a detail on reliefs or, quite commonly, as a free-standing image.” (Clauss, The Roman Cult of Mithras)

So...no virgin birth of Mithras...

Unless the rock was a virgin. 

http://www.sacred-texts.com/cla/mom/mom07.htm

Another rubbish claim was that Isis was a virgin when she conceived Horus.

In the Osiris myths she searched for her husband's body, who was killed by her brother Seth. She retrieved and reassembled the body, and in this connection she took on the role of a goddess of the dead and of the funeral rights. Isis impregnated herself from the Osiris' body and gave birth to Horus in the swamps of Khemnis in the Nile Delta.

http://www.pantheon.org/articles/i/isis.html

These two examples are not similar to Jesus at all.  Would you like to try again?

This has nothing to do with Zeitgeist.

lol

I haven't made the claims, others have and written books about it with plenty of sources to back up their claims.

Your one and only refutation has been that Satan is deceiving us. Is that your idea of a formal debate? lol

5. phillippeengel profile image82
      phillippeengelposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Arguing over which God is the omnipotent one is not going to solve your needless problem. You have to understand that the world have so many different beliefs and it is impossible to percolate your ideology in every country. Do not use force because it is simply too unethical.

6. Dave Mathews profile image61
      Dave Mathewsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Excuse me! but please stop displaying your ignorance.

7. Repairguy47 profile image60
      Repairguy47posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Does that mean Muhammad was a pedophile?

2. Insane Mundane profile image58
    Insane Mundaneposted 12 years ago

We need a "combative" category within the "Religion and Philosophy" forum, as I thought most of us are aware that Islamic faith and Muhammad mostly stem from a militaristic background?  Praise be plutonium?

1. profile image52

A pack of lies formulated by the Orientalists.Please study history books written by authentic scholars not bigots.islam was spread by the power of  examplery character traits not the sword.This is Enemy propaganda.

Islam was spread by the sword, and that is why it is a false religion.

2. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

For sure.  Wonderful character traits exhibited by the murder of little girls because they attend school.  Or torture of women that were raped by their friends and forced to marry the rapist or spend their life in jail because of the rape.  Or killing whole families because Dad doesn't pray correctly or Mom talked to a strange man.  Or teaching the concept that killing an American will get a child to heaven with their 70 virgins.

Admirable character traits, indeed.

Don't forget that muhammed married aisha when she was six years old, but was a man about it and didn't consummate the marriage until she was ten.
          How anyone can make a holy man out of a child molester beats the hell outa me.

1. wilderness profile image96
            wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's easy - just ignore such actions and pretend they didn't happen.  It's all a terrible lie made up by detractors, and even it true - well, it's Allah's will.  Allahu Akbar.

Dirka dirka muhamed jihad!!

Nanuu nanuu!

Have you ever seen the jihadi joe commercial? It's on youtube, if you haven't seen it, it's good for a laugh.

I just checked it out.  Hilarious.
                    Too bad kids in sandland actually get educated along those lines.

2. arksys profile image84
            arksysposted 12 years agoin reply to this

@LewSethics...

please go through the following link... it seems marriage at a young age  was common even in england and usa in the 1500's - 1600's too... that was only 400 years ago...

the article has a bibliography too if you might like to verify the contents.

http://www.faqs.org/childhood/A-Ar/Age-of-Consent.html

3. profile image56
    SanXuaryposted 12 years ago

This is not a forum. This is just a stupid opinion. In fact I have no idea what you are talking about. I think you need to go take this up with Allah and Jesus, are you going to be the referee?

1. profile image52

Listen to the views of the other party also.Then your decision will not be lopsided.All religions of the world endorse justice and equinamity.decide the case like a true judge taking all evidence in to account.Avoid hate speeches and literature. these guys have hidden agendas and camouflage the truth.with love and respect to you all.signining out.God bless all

Kind of like you did in your other forum post? Condemning someone else and others who believe in that someone else?

4. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 12 years ago

none are omnipotent....it is only wish of human to have someone omnipotent...

5. Rain Defence profile image79
    Rain Defenceposted 12 years ago

It's human nature to want to believe in a god of some sort. Which one simply depends on where and when you were born. Totally pointless arguing that your god exists but someone else's god doesn't, while they have the same argument with you. If you want to believe in a god then do it and don't worry about what god someone born in a different country believes in.

It's all the same idea, just different viewpoints.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)