If cowboys go to cowboy heaven, do atheists go to atheist heaven?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (47 posts)
  1. LewSethics profile image60
    LewSethicsposted 12 years ago

You know, warriors go to Valhalla, etc.

1. Philanthropy2012 profile image83
      Philanthropy2012posted 12 years agoin reply to this

No unfortunately, they go to A theist heaven like everyone else. (a-theist heaven)

It's a trick the English language put in to make it easier to track the payment of heaven-taxes

LewSethicsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Cool, I didn't know that, haha.

2. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What if a cowboy marries a city slicker? Will they be separated by barbed wire, and barking dogs?

2. TamCor profile image83
    TamCorposted 12 years ago

You're probably stepping on a landmine here, but hey, that was funny, haha! lol

1. Disturbia profile image60
      Disturbiaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Of course they do, where else would they go?

But having said that, one would probably have to define "atheist heaven" as nowhere.

1. mischeviousme profile image60
        mischeviousmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Atheist hell would be awesome though, I'd be hanging with Einstein and socrates. Unfortunately I'm not an atheist, so I'd probably burn in an individual, introspective hell.

1. jponiato profile image88
          jponiatoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Einstein would deny that he was an atheist.  It riled him that atheists would quote him in support of their views.  To be sure, he did not believe in a "personal" God, but considered himself more of an agnostic.

1. mischeviousme profile image60
            mischeviousmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm pretty sure there's a philosopher's hell. That's where I'll be going when I die, at least I hope so. All the biggest names are down there, just ask any christian.

2. pedrog profile image59
            pedrogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings."  Albert Einstein.

Now go read what the Spinoza's God is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baruch_Spi … atheist.3F

3. A Troubled Man profile image57
            A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Quite the contrary, he was riled by believers who spread lies about his faith, or lack thereof.

1. jponiato profile image88
              jponiatoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views." -- Albert Einstein

1. A Troubled Man profile image57
                A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

“It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated." ~~ Einstein.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
                  Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yay, dueling Einstein's lol

2. LewSethics profile image60

Haha, atheist hell would be like some poor sumbich burning but insisting 'I still don't believe, I still don't believe' while the pope is next to him burning and denying he is in theist hell, just a few feet away.

2. Castlepaloma profile image75
        Castlepalomaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Is there a Cowboy hell?

Only if there is a cowboy heaven.  I think some sort of cosmic law says you can't have one without the other.

1. kirstenblog profile image78
            kirstenblogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Does that mean there is also a doggie hell?!?! sad
            Those poor doggies sad

Not to worry, all dogs go to heaven, that's also a cosmic law. wink

Good! big_smile
                I wouldn't ever want to go to a heaven where my childhood dogs weren't there to lick my face again!

even tho they were really naughty dogs!

I hear they speak chinese in doggie hell, doggie doesn't know what to fetch or where to poop, so ends up in the flied lice.

Sometimes (most times) I can't help myself.

3. SomewayOuttaHere profile image62
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years ago

i wanna be a cowgirl........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s05jcrJw0as

4. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

I think you might have listened to a little too much country music to come up with that question.

lol lol lol  I think I've already been to cowboy hell. My cowboy-country music-singer-song writer-wannabe ex-husband dragged me all over the southwest to every seedy hole in the wall, dive bar, rodeo, and county fair you can imagine, and I was pregnant too. Yes, there is without a doubt a cowboy hell, only it's really the same place as cowboy heaven, it's just hell to those who aren't cowboys.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75

Imagine  a cowboy hell would be force to share with other Worldwide Religions and have intellectual converstation with Atheist and Nerds.

You probably just weren't drunk enough to fully appreciate how much fun you were having.

5. profile image55
    SanXuaryposted 12 years ago

I think we are all going to be stunned by both heaven and hell. I doubt that anyone has any idea what we will be like and what such a place will be like. I am believer but my fear that heaven would be anything like church scares me to death.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I was taught as a child that in heaven we would all sit at God's feet to listen to and worship him.

Presumably a cowboy will sit at the cow's feet and listen to it moo for him.  Cowboy hell will be at the other end of the cow.

A most adroit observation. ( I always wanted to say that.) 
        Will the cowboy still moo? 
        If we moo for God will he give us Hay?
        If He Moos for us, do we Laugh?

1. Castlepaloma profile image75

Make me want to cry in my cracker and beer

2. wilderness profile image95

You are being rude and irreverent.

The cowboy doesn't moo; he listens, trying to understand.

The cowboy doesn't moo for the cow, so won't get Hay.  He may get milk if in front; if in back a more solid concoction.  Either way, the days of steak are over.

If the cowboy laughs at the moo, he must go the the back of the cow and sit for eternity.

Dag.  Eternity.  That's a long time.
            Sorry about being dude and in effer vescent.
            Really

Yep.  Eternity.  That's a lot of moo poo piling up over ya.

So, is the cow in cow hell?  Or is she just clocking in daily like a normal job?

No, cow hell is earth, where people like steaks.  Cows don't have jobs, though - they just eat, moo, and provide heaven and hell for cowboys.

Oh.  I hear cows formed a union over in India about a million years ago, now they go around mooing in starving hindus faces.  I guess hindus turn the udder cheek.  So is that cow heaven?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)