When do we get paid for HP Ad Program now?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (48 posts)
  1. David 470 profile image81
    David 470posted 12 years ago

I have been having issues with PayPal because my Social Security number can not be verified. I think I had a similar problem at College where my financial Aid did not go through at first.

I tried getting a Paypal Mastercard and it said my SS card can not be verified and now my account is limited.

I'm not sure if it will block HubPages from paying me or not because I have not received payment yet. This is stupid -- I have always had trouble with my social security number and now PayPal is taking security measures by blocking my account when I tried to upgrade!

So my question is, when are we normally supposed to get paid? Is it no longer the 20th of each month?

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is the 28th of this month. I asked the same question to. smile

David 470posted 12 years agoin reply to this

smile

2. WD Curry 111 profile image59
      WD Curry 111posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Get a good Social Security Number from El Passo. It will cost about $800.

3. galleryofgrace profile image72
      galleryofgraceposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Maybe you should get to the bottom of it and check with the social security office. Someone else may be using your number. Check your credit reports too.

2. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

Current prognosis is the 28th.

David 470posted 12 years agoin reply to this

If I still have my money in my current Amazon account am I going to lose it when it switches to HubPages?

1. relache profile image72
        relacheposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No but if you have no other websites to keep using your independent Amazon account and accruing outside of HubPages, it may be hard to earn enough to reach the payout for those funds in cash.

1. Cardisa profile image87
          Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

@Relache, I reached payout in December, will I be paid all I've earned up to the 28th of January or only what I've earned up to the 20th of December?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
            Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You get paid the entire amount for the month of December

1. Cardisa profile image87
              Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks UW, appreciate it.

2. darkside profile image66
      darksideposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for that I had wondered if or when a change was going to occur.

With the 28th being on a Saturday I wonder if it will go through that day or delayed until the 30th.

3. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago
    1. Jean Bakula profile image92
      Jean Bakulaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for bringing this up, I was wondering too, as it used to be on the 20th of the month. I mentioned it on another thread and someone bit my head off for suggeting perhaps HP was having some financial issues. It seems only possible, since prior to Panda they weren't paying us to write.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Is there a typo in there, Jean? Or do you mean that HP wasn't paying us directly?   The reason for the change wasn't Panda,HP's ad program was in the pipeline before Panda happened.

Yes, my typing is just awful lately. But I was wondering, because aren't they paying more than they were with the HP ad program?

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
            Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not really.  It's just a difference in the way it's distributed.  Adsense paid us direct, but the HP Ads advertisers pay HP who then pay us.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
              Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years agoin reply to this

And, of course, nobody has to use the HP Ad program, and can do the direct Google Adsense only deal if they so desire.

True. I just was curious about the date change. I've been nursing a rib injury for a few weeks now, and have finally decided to take pain meds, but they are apparently too strong for me as I can't type right and my posts aren't making sense! I never tried turning off the HP ads and just doing the Google Adsense, because I never did too well with the SEO stuff.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
                  Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, hopefully those suckers are killing your pain.  Last time I was hurt and took Vicoden...the big ten mg's...I felt...nothing in the way of pain relief.

I'm getting relief, but I'm staying in the house. I wouldn't take the chance of driving or even walking, it's snowing today and it's slippery. My tolerance level is low, so I'll be careful. I usually don't take anything. My chiro and I believe that when you take something to kill the pain, you are more likely to hurt yourself worse, since you think you feel better, but you really aren't better. It's just hanging on long, and I am getting impatient. It will pass.

4. tnvrstar profile image66
    tnvrstarposted 12 years ago

I think I got my payment in the 23r of the last month. It takes about 20-30 days for processing the payment after you have reached the threshold.

5. soni2006 profile image76
    soni2006posted 12 years ago

So now it's for sure that we will receive our payments from 28th and not any date further than that. Am I right?

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
      mistyhorizon2003posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, Hubpages announced this a few weeks back, and it is because it fits in better with the time they will receive payments from Adsense and ebay at their end.

2. Trsmd profile image58
      Trsmdposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Soni..for 20th payments 21st morning it will be credited paypal account same way 28th payment 29th morning it will be credited..

6. profile image0
    klanguedocposted 12 years ago

In case nobody asked this. I read through the replies and didn't see anything
    If our paypal accounts are setup, etc, is the payout and transfer automatic or do you have to ask HubPages to transfer the funds into PayPal?

I reached my first payout in December 2011, so from what I have read from this discussion thread, I should receive a payment this week, correct?

1. darkside profile image66
      darksideposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is automatic. Provided the status for "Ad Program" is "active" in your HubPages Earnings Program Settings and you have accrued more than $50.

7. MarloByDesign profile image78
    MarloByDesignposted 12 years ago

Does anyone know where the official HubPages announcement is posted that states the HP Ad Program pay date has been changed from the 20th to the 28th of the month? Thank you.

Here it is:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/86119?p … ost1853211

That is the closest I can find to an 'Official Announcement', even though it is actually in an Amazon forum thread. The information is also listed in the Help/FAQ section now here:

http://hubpages.com/faq/#hpads-payments

1. MarloByDesign profile image78
        MarloByDesignposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you! Your information was so very helpful!

No worries, glad to be of help smile

2. 2uesday profile image66
      2uesdayposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I read an apology in one thread so it might be that the official announcement was not made as prominently as one might have expected. 

Found it ( not the official announcement the reference to the change of date) so added this

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/91472#post1951565

8. tarajeyaram profile image57
    tarajeyaramposted 12 years ago

It is exciting to get paid from HP.  I haven't reached my payout yet.  It will take sometime.  However, I just have to keep writing about the subjects that I love.

9. charliegrumples profile image40
    charliegrumplesposted 12 years ago

what's the amount you have to reach before payout .. can't remember . I have $60 in my head .. is that correct?

1. MarloByDesign profile image78
      MarloByDesignposted 12 years agoin reply to this

$50 per http://hubpages.com/faq/#hpads-payments

"How do payments work for the HubPages Earnings Program?
      We provide you with a managed service which includes ad performance reporting, and a monthly payment directly via PayPal, once you’ve reached a $50 payout threshold. Earnings from the Ad, eBay, and Amazon Programs will be added together to help you reach the $50 payout threshold faster. The payment represents your portion of the revenue share associated with the HubPages Earnings Program advertising that has run on your share of impressions on your Hubs. You can view your HubPages Earnings Program earnings in My Account > Earnings > Balance History."

1. charliegrumples profile image40
        charliegrumplesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks and apologies for being too lazy to check myself :-)

10. soni2006 profile image76

Today is 28th already and still we have not received payments. Will there be further delay in HP ad program payments????

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is currently 4am California time, it will take a little longer I imagine.

1. AEvans profile image71
        AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

smileI agree.

2. Anamika S profile image68
      Anamika Sposted 12 years agoin reply to this

@soni2006 But so far we have always got our payments one day late. It is already the 29th of January in India now  and 1:40 AM. HubPages Payments are prompt and should be in our accounts by the time we wake up. Anyways, it's time for me to go to bed now.

11. zoey24 profile image77
    zoey24posted 12 years ago

It normaly goes in to my paypal account in the afternoon. Anytime after 2pm.

12. Jamie Brock profile image92
    Jamie Brockposted 12 years ago

It's the 28th and still no payment for me... has anyone else received their payment?

It's a weekend too. I don't expect mine until Monday now because of this.

13. zoey24 profile image77
    zoey24posted 12 years ago

Not been paid yet either. Before it changed, hubpages always paid on the 20th no matter what day the 20th fell on. Also if you are due to be paid on a weekend day then you normaly recieve the money the friday before, which is what Amazon have just done. There are lots of hubbers talking about this in the forums, many of us were not even aware that the payment date had changed in the first place. Could someone from hubpages maybe let us know when we can expect payment please?

14. Trsmd profile image58
    Trsmdposted 12 years ago

Everybody will be happy now that the paypal account has been credited with their earnings...Fine...

15. soni2006 profile image76

Yeah I received my payments. It's the time factor that was the culprit. Thanks HP.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)