Challenges of raising teenagers

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)
  1. sassysexybossy profile image61
    sassysexybossyposted 12 years ago

I have one teen and one about to be a teen. I love my kids but it is a challege when they become a teenager.

1. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Mine are 20, turning 21 - it doesn't stop once they become non-teens!!!!

2. Pascale1973 profile image48
      Pascale1973posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have 3 year old triplets, 2 girls, one boy, I am not looking forward to teen...

3. miguel91 profile image61
      miguel91posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Teens might be a challenge, but they always tend to surprise you in many ways.

4. roxanne459 profile image80
      roxanne459posted 12 years agoin reply to this

The teen years are hard on everyone, especially the teen! I think if we all do our best to remember how confusing and erratic it was at times we can approach our own kids with compassion and a firm commitment to help them be their very best! smile

2. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 12 years ago

Mine are 21 and 16, just smack they upside the head every now and again and they'll be fine. Eventually they do grow out of it.  I know I did, and in many ways I was much worse than either of my children.

3. alphagirl profile image78
    alphagirlposted 12 years ago

It is hair raising when you have 2 in their tween and teens. I never know which end is up from day to day because it depends on what has happened to them that day in school. Mine can come home growling because they have had to maintain their composure at school and then they let it out at home.

I have learned not to ask how was your day as soon as they get home. They don't want me questioning. They just want a tender arm or ear. I often ask how I will make through high school.

On the good days they are like quiet sheep, content smiley as is most kids.

Throw in the hormones and you have lava that can erupt at any given moment if the mood strikes them. LOL

I remove myself and let them cool, or just ignore them until they come to their senses.

I have in the past removed all electronic gadgets and no TV for 2 days straight. The phone is a big debate because I need to be able to reach them from work.

I try to remember what it was like to be a teen.

4. Kim Cantrell profile image60
    Kim Cantrellposted 12 years ago

Yep, been there done that and still doing it.  I've got a 20 year old in college and a 16 year old at home.  I'd take a houseful of toddlers over one teenager any day!

Fortunately, mine are both boys and I've been told that's so much easier than girls.  I have a 2 year old daughter right now, so I guess I'll find out in about 11 years or so.

5. profile image0
    LillyGposted 12 years ago

My two eldest are entering teenage years and oh my. I am worried about the fact I may have been like this when I was a teenager. I miss the baby years but I know they must grow and mature. Doesn't make it any easier, but I think us parents will survive as our parent's before us.

6. jennjenn519 profile image42
    jennjenn519posted 12 years ago

I have a 16 year old girl should puberty at 10, and has acted like a teenager ever since. She can go from crying and yelling one moment, to laughing and joking the next. I almost thought she was bi-polar at one time! Her life revolves around her boyfriend. She has started to behave a little better since she got her driver's permit.

Now, I also have my 12 year old son going through the same things. He is 12, and cries at the drop of a hat, has a girlfriend, and freaks out when he doesn't get his way. He is a completely different child. I was really hoping the teenage years would be different with him than they were with my girl, but apparently not :-/.

So, here it goes again, starting all over.

7. rodelmore profile image61
    rodelmoreposted 12 years ago

I have 9 children 4 boys and 5 girls.  I too understand the difficulties in raising teens. With a 21, 20, 18, 15, 14, 14, 10, 7, and 4 year old, I have truly learned a lot in the area of personality differences.  There is never a shortage of training opportunities with my children.

Rod Elmore
    Life Coach
    Askrodnow.org

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6042404_f248.jpg

1. sassysexybossy profile image61
      sassysexybossyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You have a nice looking family.

8. sassysexybossy profile image61

That's true.

9. sassysexybossy profile image61

That was well said.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)