Epigramman-1,000 followers

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (52 posts)
  1. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 12 years ago

Congratulations to Colin Stewart aka Epigramman for reaching 1,000 followers!

1. Cogerson profile image78
      Cogersonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congrats....and thanks for all the support you provide for so many of us. I am glad I am one of your 1,000 followers.

2. vocalcoach profile image93
      vocalcoachposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh Congratulations! Epigramman deserves huge recognition for such an accomplishment. Love you Epi and appreciate all you do for others here on hubpages.  You're the number one man!

3. Phyllis Doyle profile image92
      Phyllis Doyleposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for opening this forum, Flora, and giving us the chance to congratulate a loved and great poet.

Epi, may your quill never run out of ink and may your spirit always soar. Thank you for your poetry.

4. mckbirdbks profile image80
      mckbirdbksposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hello Flora - What a nice thing to do for the one and only Epigramman. He will have another 1,000 before we know it.

5. hubber-2009 profile image57
      hubber-2009posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congrats Colin for reaching this milestone..

6. Dorsi profile image87
      Dorsiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congrats - that's an awesome milestone!

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

And he deserves every single one smile

3. profile image0
    Breen Bergstromeposted 12 years ago

Hearty congratulations to a star, the star hubber of our times.
    With all respect and cheers,
    Breen

1. ThoughtSandwiches profile image74
      ThoughtSandwichesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Holding aloft his, "Yeah Colin!" banner...ThoughtSandwiches gets crushed among the thousand followers, fans, and friends...

Great Job!
      Thomas

1. dungeonraider profile image86
        dungeonraiderposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's like Beatlemania all over again.  Epimania!

4. always exploring profile image75
    always exploringposted 12 years ago

Yea, Epi! You make me smile everyday. I love you Dear friend..

5. Cardisa profile image87
    Cardisaposted 12 years ago

I LOVE YOU EPI!
    http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6078740_f248.jpg

6. always exploring profile image75

Cardisa, How did you do that?? Love it!!

1. Cardisa profile image87
      Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I imported the photo by formatting (when you are editing  your.comment it's below right of the comments box.), then click add photo and choose your option. Just like adding a photo to your hub.

7. Movie Master profile image59
    Movie Masterposted 12 years ago

Congratulations epi! I'm so pleased to be one of them x

8. manlypoetryman profile image81
    manlypoetrymanposted 12 years ago

Way to go, Epigramman!

9. homesteadbound profile image82
    homesteadboundposted 12 years ago

Way to go, Epi! So glad to be one of your adoring fans!

10. Phyllis Doyle profile image92
    Phyllis Doyleposted 12 years ago

Epi, this is just awesome! Congratulations to such a prolific writer and fantastic poet. I love your poem "This Man". It made me reflect on some important issues in my life. Thank you for all your poems. smile

11. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

I'm always the last person to notice anything. Who is Epigramman? Actually just found him - http://epigramman.hubpages.com/ - off to read to see what all the hype is.

12. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

Actually, just looked at his recent hubs and see that he is a poet.

Just think, If I had divided my last 2 hubs into poems of his hub length, I would now have another 600 hubs, or more. I never was good at math!

My last two hubs were almost 3,000 words apiece.

Just goes to show, words mean nothing.

FloraBreenRobisonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Izzy -
      Epi/Colin is one of those people who not only write poems, he goes out of his way to advertise other people's hubs on his facebook page. An epigram is a short poem by definition so none of them will be long.

For people who aren't poets, there is no big deal. But for those of us who are poets, it is.
      One thing though: Poems get a flurry of activity the fist couple of days it is published. Then it plummets. You do not get any repeat viewings on poems. Praise from others is all you are ever going to get because no one comes to poetry to click on any ads. That was true before Panda as after. So don't let this thread bother you Isobelle.

I do not know whether he will even see the thread as he tends to stay away from forums.

As for me, I tend to get excited when everyone hits milestones no matter what type of writing they do. I go slightly overboard. silly? Yes indeed. But it warms my heart.

1. IzzyM profile image86
        IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have always said, though maybe not for a long time, that if poets want their poems viewed by the people who use the world wide wide web, that they have to title then as such.

"A Poem - Begone Good Sir"

or

"A poem - Around the Deep Waters"

Obviously, no-one searches for those exact terms, but putting 'poem' in the title helps.

Not being a poet, I respect those who are, but at the same time if you want your poems to be found on the WWW, you have to title them in a search friendly way, just like the rest of us who write about factual things.

okay, Izzy. I think Colin sees it as a hobby, though. He has some kind of graveyard shift job so he doesn't worry about marketing.

1. IzzyM profile image86

Oh OK smile

Hobbies are good, right?

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image92

Also, when we write poems, us poets use tags like poem, poetry, romantic poetry, lyrical poetry, etc.  So that helps to pull in readers who are looking for poems.  smile

1. IzzyM profile image86

Excellent! You do know that titles are more powerful?

Titles are very important. BTW I do not recall reading any of your hubs. What kind of titles do you use?

It really does not matter right now though, for this forum thread is all about Epi and his achievements, not you or me. smile

2. FloraBreenRobison profile image60

sure. My acrostic poems have quite strong titles and they do get some repeat traffic. They are all about biographies of artists/famous titles so they do have a lot of info. But they always get *less* traffic than my articles.

I like your titles and hubs, Flora.  I was responding to Izzy and trying to figure out how we are stuck on titles rather than the purpose of your forum. smile

It would be interesting to start a forum on titles and how important they are in regards to traffic. I have been pondering on this myself for the last few days.  Epi's title of one of his poems, "This Man", drew my attention immediately because it made me think it would be a poem about a man who has a message for someone or struggles in life. After reading the poem, I can tell, as Epi says, that the poem, like most of his, is open to interpretation of the reader -- which I think is great.

2. FloraBreenRobison profile image60

Yes smile Without my hobbies my life would be work alone.

2. Rosemay50 profile image61
      Rosemay50posted 12 years agoin reply to this

You could not be more wrong izzy.
      To a poet words are everything. And our Epi is a wordsmith of the highest Caliber.

13. always exploring profile image75

Cardisa, Thank you..I thinl i have it....
    http://s4.hubimg.com/u/2929739.jpg

Heres to you Epi, our friend

14. profile image0
    Vincent Mooreposted 12 years ago

Way da go bro, I knew you would do it. You have so many people loving your work and you deserve every friend you have at the Hubs and on FB. Congratulations for reaching your 1000th follower.

15. sunasia22 profile image71
    sunasia22posted 12 years ago

I am proud to be Epi's 1000th follower! Congratulations!

16. profile image0
    debW07posted 12 years ago

Wow! That is fantastic, congratulations!

17. pstraubie48 profile image81
    pstraubie48posted 12 years ago

...amazing...congratulations....and to one thousand more...
    twenty months ago who new
    they'd be following little ole you?
    it is clear
    many have drawn near
    to read and think and cheer....

18. epigramman profile image61
    epigrammanposted 12 years ago

..and here is the man himself - lol lol lol
    ...let's face it - good writing is good writing - whether it's 10 lines or 100 lines  and like Duke Elllington once said why categorize music at all - good music is good music - I purposely don't group or categorize my writing into specific genres - otherwise that would spoil the surprise of what is to follow - lol
    thank you to one of my biggest fans and hub buddies Flora for starting this lovely surprise (her mum too) and thank you everyone else for joining in and making this truly a highlight of a lifetime - not everyone gets to reach these kind of numbers and a lot of that has to do with my friends, fans, followers, and colleagues here at the Hub. lake erie time 7:29pm

1. VeronicaFarkas profile image68
      VeronicaFarkasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

CONGRATULATIONS, Epi!!!!! You deserve this recognition, no doubt! =]

2. kannanwrites profile image92
      kannanwritesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

+11111

19. Amy Becherer profile image67
    Amy Bechererposted 12 years ago

I can't think of anyone more deserving of kudos, admiration and love than you, Colin.  Congrat's on a magnificent milestone in Hubland. The quantity alone is monumental.  The quality is beyond measure.

20. poetvix profile image56
    poetvixposted 12 years ago

Epi, you are and will always be the King of Hubpages poetry.  This title is yours not only for your razor sharp imagination, but also for your huge heart and blessed spirit.  We love you!

21. Debby Bruck profile image64
    Debby Bruckposted 12 years ago

Whoo-hoo! Group ((HUGS)) for Colin our epi-gram-man
    Maybe we shall send him a Western Union MailGram for the Man!

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6079924_f248.jpg

view in higher resolution http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6079924_f520.jpg

22. RedElf profile image88
    RedElfposted 12 years ago

Congratulations, epi! That's quite a milestone.

23. cat on a soapbox profile image95
    cat on a soapboxposted 12 years ago

Well deserved, epi! This impressive milestone is a reflection of your wonderful sense of humor, non-stop creativity, and devotion to HubPages. Thank you and congratulations!

24. Rosemay50 profile image61
    Rosemay50posted 12 years ago

Congratulations  Epi.  I am proud  to be one of your 1,000 followers.

25. Maralexa profile image83
    Maralexaposted 12 years ago

Dear Epi

Congratulations on 1000 followers!  Your talent and your kindness to your followers are just two of the many reasons you deserve such a great fan club. 

Here's to your continued success.

Marilyn (Maralexa)

26. DonnaCosmato profile image86
    DonnaCosmatoposted 12 years ago

Congratulations on what seems like an awesome achievement! May you enjoy much success.

27. raciniwa profile image80
    raciniwaposted 12 years ago

WOWOWOOW...great to see a great hubber having 1,000 followers...Congratulations Epi...i'm glad to be a follower...

28. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 12 years ago

Good Stuff... Congrats Colin.. Well deserved my friend.. people love your work! smile
    Hell people love the Epi as well big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)