Made my first Amazon sale! lol

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (46 posts)
  1. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

.24 cents! Not impressive, but now I know that the amazon capsules can work for me. It was for a book, entitled: "Hooking Up". lol

Anyways,after 209 amazon views, it's nice to finally earn something!

I'm assuming it'll be quite sometime before I reach the $10.00 threshold at this rate. wink

1. Lgali profile image58
      Lgaliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

congratulation

2. packerpack profile image59
      packerpackposted 14 years agoin reply to this

At least you earned something. I am still on a big ZERO. Congratulations!

3. RKHenry profile image64
      RKHenryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey, hey, hey- that's great!

4. profile image49
      badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well done, I gave up and took mine down, maybe I should put them back !

1. dwilliamson profile image61
        dwilliamsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

At least keep your eBay one up if you took it down. I have made about $10 with it so far.

1. profile image0
          wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Too bad for me Ebay won't get back to me.  I've waited and waited, I'm getting frustrated.  Another hubber is having the same problem.  Ugh.

1. viryabo profile image92
            viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dont feel too bad about ebay. i've been turned down 3 times. I'll continue trying.

5. MoniqueAttinger profile image61
      MoniqueAttingerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A thousand mile journey begins with the first step... ;-)

I've got some amazon capsules on my posts - here's to making some money at this!

6. TrinaLynne profile image70
      TrinaLynneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well something is always better than nothing. lol. But keep working at it, you'll get to that 10.00 threshold.

2. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Congrats on your first sale!

My philosophy has always been if I know how to make $1, then I know how to make $100. Just have to do more of what works for you.

1. profile image0
      girly_girl09posted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is very true and certainly applicable to HubPages, that's for sure! big_smile

3. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

Congratulations, success however small you feel it is is a great cause for celebration....

4. LondonGirl profile image82
    LondonGirlposted 14 years ago

Nice one, first of many!

5. RooBee profile image83
    RooBeeposted 14 years ago

Congrats!!! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-bounce017.gif

May it only increase (greatly) from here.

Thanks for encouraging the rest of us that it CAN happen! smile

6. Apepperson profile image61
    Apeppersonposted 14 years ago

Congrats on the sale! Amazon can be difficult to make money with because of their short term cookie. It would be much better for affiliates if they had a 14 day or longer cookie, but then they'd have to pay out more commissions!

1. profile image0

How long does their cookie last? (I know I personally add stuff to my cart and may wait a week or two to order to save on shipping).

7. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

There is a lot of controversy about the Amazon cookie.

Some believe that it's 24 hours for everything.

Others believe it's 24 hours for items once they are put in the shopping cart. (If a person puts something in a shopping cart, leaves to look at another site and then comes back.)

Others believe that it's a one session cookie. Meaning someone clicks through to the Amazon site from your hub and then shops. Leaves Amazon. Your cookie evaporates.

Their TOS is vague and conflicting. If you email Amazon Associates for clarification. The clarification just quotes the vague TOS and wishes you a good day.

There's always an ongoing discussion about this at the Amazon discussion board.

8. profile image0

Very interesting. Thanks for clarifying!

9. lyla profile image60
    lylaposted 14 years ago

Congrats..!smileI made my first .40cents a couple of days back.When I just checked casually ,I saw this and nearly fell off my chair.I have become greedy now and keep on checking every 2 hrs..no luck..lol!I am yet to apply for adsense as I wanted to get some traffic from google so that they do not refuse me!smile

1. profile image0

If you sign up for a blogspot blog, I'm pretty sure you'll get approved almost instantaneously. Just post a few blogs before you apply. That is how I got my adsense account. smile Good luck!

1. lyla profile image60
        lylaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks..I'll do that!

10. illminatus profile image68
    illminatusposted 14 years ago

Congrats. Has anyone tailored their hubs specifically for amazon sales?

1. WeddingConsultant profile image66
      WeddingConsultantposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I do have a handful that are for amazon sales, one of which is my hub on electric toothbrushes.

You are welcome to take a peek at it to get an example of how to formulate an amazon-biased hub, but before you get giddy, I should tell you I've received $0 amazon sales to date.

The hub does do well with adsense, though.

There are some other users who really do well with their hubs that are created for amazon sales. Personally, I took that amazon-geared hub and changed my strategy into an adsense-geared hub. The comparison/product review hubs do pretty well with adsense, wink wink.

2. profile image0
      Will Jamesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm starting to work toward exactly this end.

Seeing as I don't have Adsense or even eBay at this point, it seems targeting Azon is the only way to potentially cash in on Hubs' rankability with Google.

1. profile image0

At this point now, I've made 6.00 and some change through 3 separate transactions. It's funny, because the Hubs that I've 'designed' for amazon, haven't earned me a dime yet, from amazon at least. On some articles, actually almost all, I will include a few relevant products.

The last few I've done on pet items will hopefully get me some sales in the near future!

11. profile image0
    isis_dreams2002posted 14 years ago

Congrats way to go

12. Anamika S profile image67
    Anamika Sposted 14 years ago

Hearty Congratulations! Wish you many more sales..

13. Haunty profile image73
    Hauntyposted 14 years ago

You are great! I hope it gives you a big boost. smile

14. lawretta profile image63
    lawrettaposted 14 years ago

Congratulations girl,the way to go!!!

15. profile image0

Thanks guys for all the kinds words!

I'm excited to say that I just checked my Amazon and saw 25, YES 25 products sold! LOL

They are all Amazon On Demand Videos and sold for $1.99 each. Amazon pays 10% referrals for those. My commission was $5.00 for 25 episodes.

It's hilarious because I don't even feature any of these videos/episdoes on my hubs. Someone must've clicked through another item and found their way to Amazon's Video on Demand.

So, definitely use Amazon if you can, you never know what people will buy!

I wish there was a way to track what hub people were on to discover the items...if anyone knows this - please let me know! All I can see is the items ordered.

16. dipless profile image69
    diplessposted 14 years ago

Congratulations, is great to know that the capsuals work as a newbee, anywaywon't be long before you hit that $10 threshold now.

Good luck with future sales and hubs wink

17. profile image0

Thanks! On a side note, I love your picture! It looks like one of my old cats, when he was a kitten (and skinny lol).

18. profile image0

I think that adding amazon hubs also adds a more dynamic element to your hubs. The pictures and items are something for the visitors to look at and perhaps be inspired by (or be inspired to buy). I use amazon in almost every hub, almost like I use images to add some color!

1. WeddingConsultant profile image66
      WeddingConsultantposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree. If amazon ads are relevant and tasteful, it adds (in my opinion) to the overall quality of the hub.

1. profile image0

Definitely...one thing I hate to see though is that some will just use a keyword and not bother to look at the products displayed causing products to display that yes, match that keyword, but are completely irrelevant. I usually hand pick items if I can't find at least 4, quality related items for my particular keyword.

19. WeddingConsultant profile image66
    WeddingConsultantposted 14 years ago

Again, agreed. I almost always hand pick items that match the hub. If I don't, then who knows what will display there, ya know? It's better to have relevant products showing on a targetted hub like that.

20. Rotem profile image60
    Rotemposted 14 years ago

were can i find the amazone code after opening an acount?

1. profile image0

Log into Amazon, you'll see the grey navigation bar at the top. Click on 'Your Earnings Summary'.

Your ID will be to the left, under "Signed-In Under".

21. Rotem profile image60
    Rotemposted 14 years ago

thanks.
    now i need to take the Tracking ID and put it in hubpages Affiliate Settings? how long it takes it to appear in my hubs?

22. profile image0

hmmm...not sure on that one! I would say no longer than 24 hours. Who knows, it might be instantaneous.

23. Rotem profile image60
    Rotemposted 14 years ago

Mnay thanks.

24. myra636 profile image59
    myra636posted 14 years ago

I was lucky and made 9.00 one time from amazon I have all so added an astore to my blog at blogspot

25. Charia Samher profile image62
    Charia Samherposted 14 years ago

Wow that's great! Congrats! Hope you'll have more and wish I will have some too. lol!

26. Prince Moses profile image60
    Prince Mosesposted 14 years ago

A princely sum!

27. bgpappa profile image78
    bgpappaposted 14 years ago

Congrats.  The first one is the hardest.  Took me much longer to make that first sale, but now am close to the $100 payout just a few weeks later.  Some of the sales make sense to what my articles are, some make no sense whatsoever.  Just depends on the traffic I think.

Congrats again.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)