How I miss having a dog in the house.

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (65 posts)
  1. Eiddwen profile image75
    Eiddwenposted 12 years ago

I have always had a dog plus many other animals from as far back as I can remember;but have been without one now for about 6 years now.
    Before I was out working all day and that wouldn't have nbeen fair on a dog but now I am home writing and I miss the company so much.
    Plus the extra walking would also do me the world of good.
    However my partner is not too sure so I am not crossing it out at all but unless we are both committed to having one then it won't work however I can be very strong minded and pretty persuasive when I want to be ha !!
    I just wondered how many others are in the same postition as me ??
    Eddy.

1. BlossomSB profile image80
      BlossomSBposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have a dog, as I think you read in my hub about her. I feel for you and know how you must be missing having one around. My husband didn't want another one after the children moved out, but I went ahead anyway and he loved her. Dogs have a way of pulling at the heartstrings.

Eiddwenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much Blossom for your reply and yes I do remember reading your hub;I loved it;great work!!!
        You understand without a doubt that much is obvious and you are so right dogs certainly do pull on our heartstrings!!
        Eddy.

2. profile image0
      SusieQ42posted 12 years agoin reply to this

We had a maltese but I missed having a large dog so one day my husband surprised me and brought home a dog we had seen in a friends neighborhood.  She was a stray being cared for by people in the neighborhood.  The first time we saw her she smiled at me.  That did it.  My husband went to his friends and loaded her in the truck.  Angel has been our foster girl for nearly 8 years now!  We also have another small dog, a little boy named Gabriel who my daughter found running in her neighborhood.  She knocked on doors to see who owned this little Brussels Griffon who was all matted and dirty but no one claimed him.  (Our maltese had died a year earlier)  We took in another foster child and have had him for 3 years.  (see my hub, "Silly Me, It's Only Pee!" for a story about Gabriel.  (O:

Oh what lovely stories; I think sometimes we only need look at a dog or them us and we know !!!!!
        I will certainly look up your hub.
        Eddy.

3. Deborah Brooks profile image59
      Deborah Brooksposted 12 years agoin reply to this

most of my life I have had a dog.. but my dogs get killed out in the street. I don't have a fenced in back yard. plus my cat hates dogs.and all animals.. she is so mean.. lol.. I love my cat Muffin.. maybe I will write about her and put her picture on my hub.. I have had her for 14 years,..Dogs and cats are so wonderful..  so glad made them for us.. LOL..

Hi Debbie,
        It is virtually impossible wwithout a fenced in area;we have a fenced in back patioand a dog woulkd be totally confined but just the other side of the fence is a reasonably busy road and for a cat it would be lethal!!!As well as this there is an elderly lady;she's 90 years old; who feeds all the cats on her way down to the shop;then all the cats are following her on the road as she carries on feeding them.
        I'm afraid if I had a cat and she was enticing it onto the road I would not be very pleased to say the least !!!As you say pets  are so wonderful!!!.

4. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you are missing a dog, I would recommend considering one. We have four Cockers and I could not imagine life without any of them. The cuddling part is the best. smile

Hi AEvans,
        You are so right and it is the cuddling think that's one factor that I miss.
        The house is somewht empty;especially in the day while I am here on my own.
        Lots of love to you and your dogs from this little corner in Wales.
        Eddy.

5. NatalieSack profile image61
      NatalieSackposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I lost my 13 year-old Samoyed Coyote to bone cancer three years ago.  I miss having a dog in so many ways, but every time I think of getting another I flash back to the terrible end.  Even though she had a great life, the bad stuff is what stays with me. 

I really sympathize with the position you are in, and hope it resolves for you in a good way.  Maybe it will help me move forward too!

2. Karanda profile image80
    Karandaposted 12 years ago

Arnold was as much a part of our family as any of the human variety. After he died, my husband lost heart and said he didn't want another dog just to 'replace Arnold'. But three months later, with the house just that little bit quieter (and cleaner) he started looking online at different dog breeds - completely at the other end of the scale and with hefty price tags.

One night I mentioned that I might call in to the local council dog shelter later in the week to see if there where any dogs in need of a good home. He rang me the next day and said I should meet him there. We found Jackie, or she found us, brought her home and four years later she has become as much a part of our family as Arnold ever was. I can't imagine life without at least one pet to love and greet us when we come home.

Oh Karen another beatiful story and yes iot is nice to have a pet rushing to meet us when we come home.I have to add that I know Jackie is one very lucky little dog.
      I am so glad I posted this question now because I can see many more Happy Ever After stories coming through;I love them.
      I am so glad all is well with you Karen and i will pop over yours in a bit.

3. Rosemay50 profile image61
    Rosemay50posted 12 years ago

Maybe a little cunning is called for Eddy
    The animal shelters in our area often put a big ad in the local paper with a real cute photo of the dog/cat they are trying to find a home for. If you could find something like this and just leave it laying around where you know he'll see it. You never know his heart strings may be pulled too.

Hi Rosemary,
      Oh thank you so much ;I love the words'a little cunning is called for' and yes I am indeed warming to the idea!!!
      How I love it; hmm a little researching is on I think.
      I'll let you know how I get on!!!-lol-

4. DonnaCosmato profile image87
    DonnaCosmatoposted 12 years ago

Hi Eddy, I can so relate to this scenario! When we lost our dog last May, my hubby was so distraught he refuses to have any more pets. We still have a dog and cat, but I know when they are gone, I won't be able to have any more pets.  it makes me feel really sad, but I'm coping by writing my pet hubs and dreaming about the pets I would love to have. You're an incredibly smart ans resourceful woman, and I'm betting you come up with an amicable solution for your situation  (smiles and hugs)

Hi Donna;ohyes you are so right ;I will come up with an amicable solution;I have a seed  of one now!!

5. Genna East profile image82
    Genna Eastposted 12 years ago

Hubby and I had one dog and one cat; now it is just the cat.  But I do long for a dog -- I miss that canine personality.  He thinks it would be unfair because we both work so much, and wouldn't have the time to spend with the dog.  I keep reminding him that the cat would be company; they would be company for each other.  I am keeping my fingers crossed...perhaps in the spring. :-)

Thanks Genna and yes I am also thinking 'maybe in the spring' but it is now slowly becoming 'Yes in the spring.' -lol-If we have always had dogs and we love animals I don't think we will ever be happy without any pets at all.
      Also I am home all day now writing and those long country walks would do my back and waist good.
      We'll swop notes from here to springtime.-lol-

2. gracenotes profile image90
      gracenotesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's a real concern that can't be dismissed.  If you don't have enough time to spend with your dog, cats are certainly better to have living at your home.

Due to some sad circumstances, I got another dog three years ago to replace my favorite one who died suddenly.  My older dog has been with me since 2000.

The newly acquired, rescued miniature schnauzer, Meadow, is wonderful, but I have not been able to keep up with her needs, and I am retired!  In fact, I have walked her almost every day, but it is apparently not enough for her high energy needs.  So I installed a treadmill yesterday, and now will be training both dogs to walk on it (crossing fingers that it's not too difficult!).  I am committed to work with her on obedience, but I find that progress is slow.

Obviously, you could have a dog, but with limited time, it needs to be a breed that is laid-back, or a dog who has spent time with someone who can vouch for its personal energy level and habits.

Hi gracenotes,
        Thank you so much for your post and yes you have some great pointers.
        Meadow sounds just like my  Miniature Schnauzer Pepper who lived until she was just weeks away from her 17th birthday. They are indeed very usy litle dogs and do need to be walked often ;the treadmill sounds great ;let me know how you get on with it.
        I am now home each day writing and my days are certainly suited to another dog in the family.
        It will do my back good to walk more and also maybe shed a few of those unwanted pounds-lol-
        Thanks for the reply.

6. SmartAndFun profile image94
    SmartAndFunposted 12 years ago

I don't mean to to minimize the importance of a beloved pet and say they can be replaced, because of course they can't. Our dogs are members of our family! But, I have learned from experience that getting a new dog can really help ease the pain of losing one. We didn't get our new dogs immediately; we waited and grieved and were probably still grieving, but having a new little furry thing depending on us and needing our love and attention really helped cheer us up and get beyond the sadness. I hope you are able to get the dog you're wanting!

Hi SmartAndFun,
      You've got it in one here;this is what I miss; a pup no a 'baby' to look after and love.
      Dogs help us through so many obstacles in life and they only ask for their most basic needs to be met  in return!!
      From way back into my childhood my Beagle Lassie was my very best friend.
      Thank you so much .

7. Alastar Packer profile image71
    Alastar Packerposted 12 years ago

We can become so attached to our dogs that when they leave us the emotional hurt is so we're not sure about going through it all over again, especially when we're a bit older. That is quite a dilemma when one partner wants one and the other not so much. Maybe you could take the objections one by one and try to resolve them Eddy. Hope so anyway.

1. Sky9106 profile image67
      Sky9106posted 12 years agoin reply to this

So clever of you because there is only one way to find out and that is to ask or inquires , am not surprised with the responses.

Bless, that may now make you even more strong headed Ha!

Hi Sky,
        Oh yes Sky spot on !!! The older I get the more strong minded I get too !!!
        However I have to respect dai's objections too.
        I will let you know how I get on .

2. Eiddwen profile image75

Hi Alaster, another great post and yes it is this grief which Dai doesn't want to go through again but then on the other hand a dog would fill those tiny gaps in my life!!!
      You are right to resolve the objections one by one is the best way forward I think too.
      Thanks Alaster.

8. Gypsy Willow profile image64
    Gypsy Willowposted 12 years ago

Our Otis is 13 now and suffers from arthritis. we made the sad decision to move her from the cold mountains to a warmer area to live with my son. She is so missed. Gone are the daily walks. Gone are the warm welcomes. A dog in the house is a blessing!

Oh how right you are too Gypsy;a dog in the house is indeed a blessing.
      I also hope that Otis's health has improved a little since moving to your son's to live.
      Gone are the walks;
      Gone is the welcome!!
      Thanks Gypsy.

9. PurvisBobbi44 profile image90
    PurvisBobbi44posted 12 years ago

Hi,
    I really don't know what I would do without my Sweetie Angel, he loves me unconditionally. I have spoiled him I know, but he returns it all in his sweetness and how he looks at me with such love.

When my little Petie died,he was a mix Fox Terrier and Dachshund, he looked like a litte Snoopy, and was only five pound of pure love. I could not make myself get another pet.I bought Teddy Bears, and started a collection of them; in the place of a live pet, but it was not the same.

So nine years later, I left work early one day, went to another city, and got my bundle of joy, Pomeranian, and I have been so much happier.

I believe they are a gift to ourselves, because "We Women" are worth anything, that makes us happy.

Go and get a pet, and make yourself happy.
    Your Hub Friend,
    Bobbi

1. duffsmom profile image61
      duffsmomposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Dogs are wonderful companions and I can't imagine my life without one.  They are good for your health and blood pressure.  We have 3 and each and everyone of them is loved...and loves us uncondtionally.

Your partner will fall in love with the right dog. Keep working on it.

Hi duffsmom,
        I am thinking now how come I've waited this long but there we are maybe  now is the right time.
        You are right also in that they do lower blood pressure and this in itself keeps us healthier.
        Thanks duffsmom

Hi Bobbi,
      Another great post; do you know i am so glad that I posted on here yesterday because all these stories from sincere dog lovers are beautiul;I thinbk I may well go lloking for a dog ;from  a rescue home maybe ;it is such a nice feeling to know that one has done a good deed the love we show them is returned ten fold.
      I loved hearing all about your dogs past and present  too Bobbi.

10. Rosie2010 profile image67
    Rosie2010posted 12 years ago

Hi Eddy. I just adopted a four-year old spaniel mix a couple of months ago.  My beloved Jack Russell Jay died of old age three years ago. His death was quite devastating for me since he was my rock since my husband died.  I wanted to have another dog for quite some time, but my two kids insisted I should have a cat instead because I was always on the go.  I've had cats before and I loved them dearly, but I love dogs more.  I'm so happy to have Snuffles (name changed from Erin lol) in my life.  He is such a joy and my walking buddy.  He is so friendly and gets along well with other dogs in the dog park.. he even gets along fine with Tokey, my kids' cat.

Eddy, if your partner is not sure, maybe a trip to the Humane Society or your local animal shelter, might help change his mind.  smile

I am so sorry to hear of you huband's death Rosie; your poems are always so full of love and beauty and now this makes them even more beautiful to me; knowing they are  a tribute to yours and your late husband's love for each other.This also tells me you obviously love each and every dog in your family ;past or present!!
      It is a good idea to take Dai round some recue centres;I'm not sure what his negatives are on this;I know he was really cut up when he had to have his Springer Heidi put to sleep about 12 years ago now. I think it's a combination opf not wanting to re live that and also having to put up with chewed chair legs;slippers ;shoes and god knows what else!! To me this is all bag and bagage of having a dog and I can be very persuasive when I want to be.-lol-
      Nice to hear from you Rosie.

11. always exploring profile image77
    always exploringposted 12 years ago

Hi Eddy, I want a dog and a cat so badly too, but i have developed an allergy to animal fur and dander, so it will have to wait until i am hopefully cured, if ever.
    http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6121642.jpg

There are so many dog lovers who could gve a dog a wonderful home but can't due to partners not willing or due to health problems plus many many more reasons!!
      Is it hopeful that that you will combat it one day.
      I sincerly hope so Ruby.

12. Kristen Haynie profile image91
    Kristen Haynieposted 12 years ago

I understand the situation you're in with your husband. My boyfriend and I live together, and he wasn't really too keen about getting a dog at first. I found her as a puppy, she had been abused and abandoned by her previous owner. I insisted that we keep her, and he fell in love with her as soon as he met her. Now we both can't imagine our lives without her. Even though I was raised with dogs my whole life, I never felt the need to have them until now. My dog isn't just a pet, she's a member of the family.

HI Kristen,
      Spot ot !!! My partner loves animals it's just this shall I shan't I syndrome and at the moment I shan't is winning.However like with you if there was a rescue dog we could give a home too he woud iimediately fall in love with the new family member.
      Thanks again Kristen.

13. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 12 years ago

Eddy, I can't imagine my life without a dog...or two! Seriously, 2 dogs are actually easy to care for. Since they have each other for company when no humans are home, they don't get as bored or as destructive. I strongly suggest 2 Great Danes. They'll keep you warm, amused, and protected! Here are my two big boys:

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6123406_f248.jpg

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6123408_f248.jpg

Oh Habee they are truly beautiful:what are their names?Since posting this one yesterday I am even more determined to find one now; a poor abandoned orphan. I am such a fan of Happy Ever After!!!
      If I remember rightly you have many hubs on dogs /animals etc so I am going to pop over yours in a little while to see if you have any that I haven't read yet.

14. GDiBiase profile image65
    GDiBiaseposted 12 years ago

I say get a dog. I swear my dog has saved my sanity many times. Not only is it an awesome idea to adopt a dog. Having a dog has many benefits to your health.  generally people have lower your blood pressure, a dog provides company so you do not feel lonely. They love you unconditionally. They life up your mood, and you as their owner have to be committed to walks and play time, therefore getting more exercise!

Hi GiBiase,
      I agree with you 100%,their love so sincere and unconditional: Since posting this yesterday I am now more determined than ever. I've had two ops on my back but I walk as mucxh as I can and with a dog I would have to walk even more and it just doesn't feel right without a dog so I'll let you know how I get on.
      Thanks for the reply.

1. GDiBiase profile image65
        GDiBiaseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Eidd,
        I cannot wait to hear what you decide. I have an 8 1/2 Shih Tzu who was given to me when she was about 1. I lived alone for 5 yrs and she was my Princess. She and I did alot together. Now that I am married she is adored by my whole family. Here is a pix of my Princess Molly this was after  a haircut.

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6124839_f248.jpg

15. profile image0
    stessilyposted 12 years ago

Eddy, Dai would have to melt with one look into the eyes of any dog you would show to him as a home candidate. I don't have a dog now, and I miss their presence.
    The first words I said as a child were "the dog", which apparently was a way of saying "daddy" because my dad always rescued stray critters. They would spend the night in our long hall, and then the next day he always found their distraught owners. It was so fun having an endless parade of adorable puppies and dogs for the night.
    Then, of course, there's Nick the sheltie who positioned himself in my mum's bedroom according to the stage of her recovery from double cataract surgery. A friend had us stay in his home because it was closer to her doctor's office. Her doctor's initial orders were that she could not leave her bed unaided. Although nothing was said to Nick, on his own he positioned himself perfectly alongside her bed so that there was no way that she could get out of bed without his knowing it. During the next month of her speedy recovery, Nick moved progressively away from her bed so that at the end of recovery --- perhaps as a signal that she was fully recovered --- he was situated over the threshold of the door to her room. It gave everyone --- my mum, my friend, me --- such a sense of security and peace to see Nick voluntarily taking on the role of caregiver, and such a superb, caring caregiver he was.
    Dogs make a difference!
    Go for it.

Hi sessily what a beautiful story on Nick looking after your Mum; so sweetand doubles what everyone says ;theyare so loyal and their love unconditional.
      Thanks for this wonderful reply sessily and u hope you  are having a great weekend.

16. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 12 years ago

Eddy, my dogs are Hamlet (Danish prince) and Grendel (Danish monster). Hamlet is the fawn, and Grendel is the black-and-white one.

1. Minnetonka Twin profile image88
      Minnetonka Twinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6125995_f248.jpg

I can't imagine my life without my two black lab mixes. I had a dog as a child but when I was an adult and living in an apartment, dogs were not allowed. When I moved in with my sister almost eight years ago, it's one of the first things we did, is adopt a dog. We just adopted a second dog two years ago and their best buddies as you can see from the picture. I have written about them and some of the amazing things they've done for me. I really hope you get a dog. It makes life so much happier.

There really is sonething so very satisying about adopting a dog and to able to show kindness and give love as they should have been right from the start.
        I'm going to take another look through your hubs later on too.
        I'll let you know how I get on with my mission.

Great names for two beautiful dogs habee ;lucky you and lucky dogs!!!

17. theherbivorehippi profile image65
    theherbivorehippiposted 12 years ago

I could never be without my dogs! I have two of my own....a Giant Alaskan Malamute and a Husky/Malamute mix PLUS I'm currently fostering THREE Pitbulls. The rescue I volunteer with is so short on foster homes...I'm considering bringing in another one until we can find other arrangements. Really...what's one more? smile

1. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You are DA BOMB!!

Hi theherbivorehippi,
      Thanks for your comment and  yes sadly many rescue homes are full to the brim.
      A couple of rescue kennels not too far from here are always looking for volunteesrs to walk the dogs.
      VERY SATISFYING !!!
      Yoiu must be so busy what with everything !!!! Pitbulls get so much bad press don't they and so many are the sweetest and most loyal of dogs.
      Exactky as you say;What's one more ???'

1. snigdha.s profile image77
        snigdha.sposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I lost my pet dog, gracy 13 years back. It was very painful. She was a german shepherd and absolutely adorable .You brought back many memories. She died due to some ailment. I decided never to keep a pet after that. It is very difficult to cope up with their loss. I remember her eyes  especially, it said so much. I have been tempted many times to bring home puppies from the street but i feed them and return. One gets very attached and they are so loving that their loss cannot be compensated. Took me many years to accept her loss.

Hi snigdha.s
          Thanks for replying;this is what my partner says and I do understand where he is coming from.No pet is just a 'pet' oh no they are very important members of our families.
          It is so nice to know that there are kind and caring people like you around that do try to do a little; great work!!
          Thank you again.

1. GDiBiase profile image65
            GDiBiaseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

snidgha.s
            It is true I lost 2 beloved pet yrs ago, You sure grieve for them if they were truly a family member. I got one from a shelter, went for a small dog ended up with a large dog who was a auzzie mix, I saw her as she sat there looking at me,  in the spirit of celebrating their life's,  I definitely am happy she got the 10 yrs she might not have had. When I got the chance to adopt my Princess Molly, there was no doubt I wanted her. I have had her 8 yrs
            Eidd,
            My advise to you is: Don't go to a shelter unless you seriously want to get a dog, because once you see them you will have no choice,

1. snigdha.s profile image77
              snigdha.sposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Totally agree with GDiBiase. I accompanied one of my friends to a veterinary hospital to see her pet dog. You should have seen the excitement of the dogs who were also admitted there. All of them eagerly waiting for their family members to turn up. Shelter homes are doing a great job looking after animals, but I would never be able to pay a visit to them for sure. I will not be able to take home one pet. I had rabbits also as pets when I was a kid. Kept birds as pet.Got an aquarium but when these animals die it is heart breaking.

18. profile image0
    oldandwiseposted 12 years ago

Adopting from the shelter gives that new lease on life to a pet. Last one I adopted gave me 19 years of love and kindness. She was a mixed breed that no one else would have wanted. But when the kids saw her and she them it was an instant bond. She won "So ugly I'm cute" award, at the local pet show two times.

Ha ha I know what you mean 'So ugly I'm cute award'.This is so true though and how I would love to go to the  kennels today .The fact that your adopted member of your family lived with you for 19 years is amazing.
      My daughter hasa rescued Staffie ;if you have a few spare moments mayb e you would like to read about him. The hub is called 'Meet My Family .By Rocky.'
      Take care
      Eddy.

1. profile image0
        oldandwiseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Appreciate your comments. I look forward to reading your hub.

2. habee profile image93
      habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've seen OW's dog, and that dog was DEFINITELY so ugly it was cute - and very lovable!

19. rlaha profile image60
    rlahaposted 12 years ago

Hey Eddy.
      I'm sorry that it's tough for you not having a dog in the house. I am kind of in the same boat except that I miss having a cat in the house.  My husband is terrified of all animals that walk, talk or fly, so unless we get fish, we aren't having any pets according to him.  I really do want a cat though.  It really does relieve the boredom of having to be alone in the house when my husband is at school or in his lab.

20. Veya Lavenderia profile image58
    Veya Lavenderiaposted 12 years ago

same like myself
    its hard know my harmster was died

Another like myself again;we will have to keep posted just to find out if we did grind them down-lol-
      Sorry about your hamster;we had so many pf these wonderful little pets when the kids were growing up.I loved them!!!
      Take care;
      Eddy.

1. profile image0
        Derdriuposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Eddy, How would your partner feel about "dog shopping" if it's a dog that loves to go fishing with him? Dogs can be such animated, energetic, inspiring, joyful companions around water.
        Respectfully, and with fondest memories of and appreciation for the "dogs in my life,"
        Derdriu

Hi Derdriu,
          I'm going to find some rescue dog cemtres right here in South Wales;Dai goes fishing and we walk for hours through the countryside.
          I think I need to be more assertive and tell him rather than the meek and mild me.
          Ha ha ha He'd love to go walking with a dog and he would also love to have
          a dog to pet when he comes home.
          I know thisi s going to end up on a positive !!!
          Thanks Derdriu.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)