Is it right for a man or woman to stay single?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (21 posts)
  1. taheruddin profile image41
    taheruddinposted 12 years ago

Lot of people do not agree to involve in a relationship, the real relationship that he/she will continue. They show lots of causes like earning, establishment, adjustment etc. But human being need relation that is always true. Why society discourage to start early?

1. gregas profile image80
      gregasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Two people can live together and/or have a relationship and stay single, not get married. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with that. Marriege isn't really a religious thing, unless you are religious. My opinion, Greg

taheruddinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Dear Greg, it is okey when some avoid his religion. But everybody has a religious weakness as well as for a loving relationship.

A religious weakness has nothing to do with a desire to stay single. However, there is the religious pressures that may force someone into a marriage that they may otherwise not want to be in. Still my opinion.

you are right from your side and I agree for somebody it is easy but difficult for most of the people.

2. Justjed profile image61
      Justjedposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is neither right nor wrong. it depends on the individual and it is all about choice.

1. Cardisa profile image87
        Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My answer exactly. No right or wrong exists here. Human beings were given the wonderful gift of free will and that means they can choose to live alone or with whomever they will. The most famous biblical apostle Paul lived alone. He decided to be celibate even though advised that if you can't then get married but the point is that it's your choice.

3. profile image0
      savvydatingposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Some people have a talent for being single and that can be a very good thing - usually these individuals have an active single life ie., lots of friends, activities, clubs, causes, etc. If you mean remaining unmarried even though you are living together - that is trickier. Statistics show that people who live together before marriage are much more likely to get divorced than people who marry without having lived together.

2. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

What's wrong with being single, at all of life long. I don't see the problem.

It is so difficult "being single" ...

That all depends on the person. Some are quite comfortable being single.

1. HattieMattieMae profile image59
          HattieMattieMaeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's difficult whether your single or with someone. Just a matter if you want to deal with another person's issues besides your own. I know that when it comes to other people never dealing with issues and abusing you it is much easier being single. Just depends on if you are lucky enough to find someone that doesn't come with all the drama. So it's not wrong to be single if you choose to be. It's not wrong to be with someone. Just depends on what you feel is best for you. What would make you happier, and if you can find someone that loves unconditionally and be happy with you.

2. psycheskinner profile image84
        psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I can say I agree.  I guess it depends where/who you are.

2. skyfire profile image79
      skyfireposted 12 years agoin reply to this

+1

3. profile image0
    The Writers Dogposted 12 years ago

I do not see why it is not.

4. That Grrl profile image72
    That Grrlposted 12 years ago

I was born single. I've been married and now I'm single again. Why rush to change that? I love having the bed to myself. I don't have to be home early, cook or clean up after someone else. In the morning I can leave the coffee pot out and when I come home it's still right where I left it! I don't have to complain about how he left crumbs, chicken parts and bacteria on the counter but put away all my appliances because clutter bugs him.

If I met a guy he would have to be pretty special for me to want to change and compromise. If you have a relationship, sharing living space, you have to make space for someone else. I don't think having a man around the house is enough of a trade off for me to actually want a man around the house again.

I'm not knocking men - for those who will decide to be offended and huffy. Being part of a couple isn't easy for either side. It gets harder as you get older and don't really want to change any more.

5. Express10 profile image83
    Express10posted 12 years ago

I think that it is okay for a person to stay single. Some people are not very good in relationships and some people have various problems that can make them unattractive to others as a mate. A lot of people are too afraid to get married and miss out on their soul mate simply because of their own fear.

6. profile image0
    Deb Welchposted 12 years ago

I was a single parent and never had a good lasting relationship with snyone and lived without a mate.
    I love being single with my pet cat, now.  I learned to rely upon myself be independent in all matters, work, finance, homelife and good times.  I am not
    the easiest person I guess to live with so I am better on my own.

7. Mary Stuart profile image68
    Mary Stuartposted 12 years ago

I think it is fine to marry and fine to remain single. Some people do not seem to handle being single very well. They suffer severe loneliness, depression, and insecurity when they are not in a committed relationship. Other people do well taking care of themselves. They are happier making their own decisions and creating a nurturing and loving home for themselves.
    As for me? It is sometimes trying to always be the "head goose" with no relief from the strains of life but I think that being alone and being at peace is preferable to enduring a contentious relationship.
    A nurturing relationship is likely worth the bother but a bitter relationship is... well... not a good idea.

8. tsmog profile image84
    tsmogposted 12 years ago

Is it right for a man or woman to stay single? (I'm memory challenged so I had to post the question to see it)

My answer, is it 'right' puzzles me as if being challenged, which is a good thing. My story is a long one = lifetime. I have been single in the sense as not married all my life. However, I did have the living 'with' experience, the roommate experience, and several close, but no cigar experiences with marriage discussions within a relationship.

Every individual progresses through life making decisions. We each own those decisions. However, change is possible. Sometimes easy, sometimes hard. I get lost with what being single means. I am probably thinking too much on this now, so I apologize for the thought process. So, the quick of it is . . .

I chose a life being single for a purpose - survival. At my age then I discovered a common answer in the discussions I had with my mate(s). "If it doesn't work out we can always get divorced."

The brakes are applied, the vehicle (relationship) goes awry swerving from side to side nearly missing the huge object in the road.

Control dashes about and well, I have a personal view of divorce that hasn't swayed from my socialized upbringing to what appears to be a fault, since I did not marry.

Why start a relationship for life with the premise of failure. I don't have an answer to that. My life is very limited. I read a bunch. I have others to observe. My personal circumstances with both physical and mental attributes, economic status, and other stuff points toward survival at this time and in the past was/is reliant on being single. I didn't create the world, yet I create this life I live. And, I would like to be a huge success, but I am a realist too. So, I think I will focus a tad on surviving.

So is it right, I dun'no. Disclaimer: I am speaking from my point of view living life in the United States. My region is San Diego California. My present culture is the questioning being a baby boomer being retired, maybe, since the present economy sucks. This is NOT Advice for someone of a more youthful vigor.

9. im28beyond profile image60
    im28beyondposted 12 years ago

it all boils down to personal choice. you can't simply force people to get married if they don't want to.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)