Missing products from Amazon Capsules - not just one or two.

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)
  1. 2uesday profile image66
    2uesdayposted 12 years ago

I have once again  been discovering that some of my Amazon capsules are not displaying the products, at first I thought they were sold out or discontinued.

It is an ongoing problem. When I try to add new products I have difficulty with that too. The only way I can do a work around is to find an Amazon product and load its description as a keyword in the Amazon capsule. I would guess it is messing up the stats for how long people stay on the page when they arrive and the Amazon capsule displays - a message saying no Amazon product. 

To be honest if I found when visiting a site resulting from a search, I would just click out of the site and search for it directly on Amazon. I have seen at least two other posts about this problem since the Christmas holiday.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Seems this issue comes up every few months. hmm I have a feeling about a year ago, some staff member mentioned it was something to do with a coding glitch?

Edit: Everything I can find indicates it's *probably* an issue with third party items.

Goes back four years or more. http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/2246

2. Azure11 profile image85
    Azure11posted 12 years ago

I also have this problem, plus another. One of my specific Amazon items was not showing even though it was still available in Amazon. So I tried another, and another, and another... I think 4 items that were in Amazon could not be shown in my capsule. :-(

Also, and this is my main problem, why are all my Amazon capsules only half width??? To the left that is. I have not selected them to be half width (to the right) so why are they not spreading over the whole area. I will attach a screenshot. I think it looks unprofessional and would be grateful for a response from Hubpages on this.
    http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6081352_f248.jpg

3. melbel profile image94
    melbelposted 12 years ago

It would be nice to be notified if an Amazon product no longer exists. Not only does the lack of a product decrease the possibility of an Amazon sale, but sometimes it can mess with the formatting of a hub... especially if you're like me and prefer to list amazon products side-by-side and thus use two Amazon capsules to achieve that "look."

1. Millionaire Tips profile image91
      Millionaire Tipsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It would be great to be notified of discontinued products so we can adjust our hubs accordingly.

4. wordscribe43 profile image90
    wordscribe43posted 12 years ago

Yup, I've been having this problem, too.  It's been ongoing, just dealt with again a couple of days ago.  The products are most definitely there, the capsules just won't accept the ASINs.

5. 2uesday profile image66
    2uesdayposted 12 years ago

Thank you Wrylilt, I will have to check if it is happening across the board or just on third party products.

Wordscribe is right. It is not that the products are no longer available, I think we both had this problem before and mentioned in a forum post. The product is still available because you can go to Amazon find it and add its exact word description as a Amazon keyword search - in the Amazon capsule and it appears. Try adding the item as in as an ASIN and it will not load it.

I had pages with three or four capsules where the Amazon product had vanished in this way and it was only 'luck' that I discovered them and edited the hub. I think anyone finding a page plastered with the words 'Amazon product not available'
    or whatever the exact wording is, would think they were wasting there time. Me too.

Yes melbel I agree it would be good to know if a product was no longer available.

Azure 11 that is odd the Amazon panel looks the same as if you had 'toggled' with the arrows at the top to be a half width capsule, if you have not done that then I wonder what has caused this to happen.

Could these problems be to do with the eventual switch over to the way Amazon works here, I mean no one has said anything about testing a different way of working yet have they?

Anyone from the team got any answers on this problem for us?

6. wordscribe43 profile image90
    wordscribe43posted 12 years ago

Bump

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)