You care about children....really?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (17 posts)
  1. lovemychris profile image75
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

Priests in the Catholic church have been molesting children and the hierarchy has been covering it up for decades.
    My own city, Boston, had its chief enabler, Cardinal Law, sent to a plush position at the Vatican.

And they had to end ACORN??

Babies cost money. How is it that these people who scream for criminalizing abortion are the same ones who cut funding for poor children in need?

ACORN was helping poor children: Ended
    Catholic church was molesting children and hushing it up: Now the moral arbiters of my womb!

It drips with Injustice.

1. Evan G Rogers profile image60
      Evan G Rogersposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Solution to your problem: Don't be Catholic, and work for someone who gives you the health care you like.

See how that works? Freedom?

lovemychrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm not Catholic, and I can't get an abortion anywhere near where I live.
        There's nothing free about being a woman in America. Well, at least we can drive, unlike our allies the Saudis.

But they want to criminalize my freedom of choice.
        How are they any different than the Taliban?

I already gave you the easy solution!: Vasectomize all male babies until they are given permission by the state to have a child. What's the prob?

That's the solution they want for women--give power of your life over to the state....why not men?

Plus, my idea would end abortion, and that's what these people want, right?
        Riiiiiight. If that was the case, they would be champions of free and easy birth control.

No, what they want is control, like they used to have in the 50's.
        Barefoot and pregnant and under their thumb. MO

1. Evan G Rogers profile image60
          Evan G Rogersposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Women don't have freedom in the US?

Come on, LMC. Being over dramatic just hurts your position.

Do you own the computer you're typing on? Then you have the freedom to own property.

Alright, we're done here.

1. Quilligrapher profile image74
            Quilligrapherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

+1

2. grinnin1 profile image70
            grinnin1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

love my chris- Truly, to throw in asides like "how are they(in America) different than the Taliban" is not a very well thought out comment. We have people and families giving up their lives in America to fight the Taliban and all of it's injustices. You are taking for granted so much when you say something like that it appears you don't really know what's going on in the rest of the world. Talk to someone who has lived in Afghanistan for awhile or read up a little on how they "treat" women there. We-women and men- have freedoms in America unheard of in other times and/or places.

2. S G Hupp profile image82
      S G Huppposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow. I can't believe I'm going to defend the Catholic Church...but, really?
      For starters, the government didn't end ACORN.  ACORN got caught up in a scandal, lost a great deal of it's funding both public and private and wasn't strong enough to weather the storm. I'm not super current on all of the ACORN fall- out but I don't know of any criminal prosecutions involved with the scandal.   The Catholic church was involved in a scandal, and there were eventually numerous criminal and civil cases that continue to this day.  The difference is that the Catholic church was large enough to survive.    I'll also add that statistically, instances of child molestation/abuse are no more common in the Catholic church than in any other church/religion...it's just that the church engaged in a lengthy cover up in order to protect it's reputation.  That happens lots of places--Just ask Penn State.
      And as for helping poor children...?  The Catholic church is one of the most massive charitable organizations on the planet.  In my city alone (and we have a realatively small Catholic population), we have Catholic homeless shelters, a large Catholic Charity that distrubutes donations to needy individuals, Catholic schools for underpriveleged children, and a shelter for unwed mothers and their babies--especially those with medical problems.   And that list is just off the top of my head. Who is helping children?
      The Catholic church is opposed to many forms of birth control--so what?  I think it's stupid too, but I have the right not to be Catholic. 
      The abortion issue isn't a Catholic issue--it's pretty universal within the religious community across the board.  I can't say I fall into that group but I have serious issues with late term abortion inparticular...how could that possibly make me someone who doesn't care about children?

1. stclairjack profile image77
        stclairjackposted 12 years agoin reply to this

well done,.. new follower.

2. Quilligrapher profile image74
        Quilligrapherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

+1 and a gold star!

2. calpol25 profile image60
    calpol25posted 12 years ago

Hypocrisy is rife with these people sad

Dont let it bother you lovemychris its a reaction they are after smile

3. lovemychris profile image75

I geuss so....then we don't pay attention when they give millionaires another tax break, or start another war.

1. calpol25 profile image60
      calpol25posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I see, when they start doing that we let them have it lol smile

4. lovemychris profile image75

Rich people are against my religion.

When do we criminalize wealth?

5. profile image0
    The Writers Dogposted 12 years ago

Hi lovemychris.

At least you have the right to have children. Here in Australia gay men are banned by law from adopting. Gay women have access by law to IVF. Transsexuals both pre-operative (like myself) and post-operative have no legal recourse to adopting children and surrogacy is a criminal offence.

If abortion was illegal and all Australians had equal human rights, think of the children that could be adopted into loving homes.

lovemychrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If abortion is illegal, it is nothing at all resembling human rights.
      It is the gvt forcing you to do something against your will.

Perhaps you should consider the absolute terror that comes with the realization that you are pregnant and have no way to care for it....

Perhaps human rights should push contraception and make it available and free.

6. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

its more humane to prevent pregnancy than to abort. I worked with many foster children;children who are unwanted and abused because others shamed and pressured  the mothers to have their children.

1. Mighty Mom profile image78
      Mighty Momposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've worked with the flip side of that equation. Addicted women giving birth to 4,5,6 or more kids by different fathers. ALL taken away by the state because the mother's addiction renders her "unfit" to care for them.
      The odds of any addict getting and staying clean are very slim.
      That's a lot of kids tossed into the "system" with the chances of reunited with their siblings and a healty, clean/sober mother very small, too.
      I won't even talk about the financial cost to the state of sustaining these kids.

But since finances seem to be at least as much of a driving force to these "right-to-lifers" as control (agree there, LMC), I am surprised their economic sensibilities don't lead them to the conclusion that unintended pregnancies are expensive for everyone!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)