Is Anybody Still Getting Clicks from Google Adsense?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (24 posts)
  1. lady rain profile image94
    lady rainposted 12 years ago

My adsense earnings have reduced from dollars to only a few cents per month. Revenue used to average about 40 cents per click, now it is only one or two cents per click, if there is any click at all. Just wondering if it is the same for everyone.

1. sarovai profile image73
      sarovaiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Rarely, once in a blue-moon day.tongue

2. Just_Rodney profile image70
      Just_Rodneyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Some odd cents every odd day or three, nothing earth shaking.

2. Trsmd profile image58
    Trsmdposted 12 years ago

The reason is that now you are a member of hub ad programme, so the click earning will go to Hubpages and then shared to you. If you want only google Adsense, at any time you can change the earning option.

1. Capedium profile image72
      Capediumposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Interesting.. What is the difference, and wish do you think is better.. Please respond

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
        mistyhorizon2003posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Most people do better on the HP Ad program, although that does not apply for all as it depends on what you write about. If you do choose the HP Ad program expect your Adsense earnings to drop dramatically because you will go down to only one block of Adsense 'paid' Ads per Hub, and this will be the last one on the right side of your hub. What you need to look at are your daily and monthly earnings overall to determine which works best for you. If you are on Adsense now and have been for a while, try changing to HP Ads for a month and then compare earnings. This will tell you which program will work better for you. Also bear in mind on HP Ads you only need to earn $50 to hit payout, but on Adsense you need to hit $100.

Edit: Izzy is correct, HP Ads are not based on clicks, they are based on impressions (views), so you earn without needing people to click on adverts (apart from the one Adsense block I described the location of earlier).

1. Capedium profile image72
          Capediumposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you very much.. Am sincerely grateful!.

2. IzzyM profile image88
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No that's not quite true.

When you are running Hubads you only have one direct Adsense ad on your hubs instead of 3.

The chances of clicks are much lower, but Hubads are impression-based, so you will still earn something even if no-one clicks an ad.

My earnings have collapsed compared to pre-HPads at a time when I had similar traffic (I lost a lot of my traffic due to being sandboxed by Google).

I have tried switching off HP ads and not seen a return of Google clicks.

3. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

Even though I'm sandboxed I still earn at least twice as much on Adsense than what I did with HPads. 

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6186555.jpg

4. incomeguru profile image96
    incomeguruposted 12 years ago

The clicks am getting with google adsense still okay, sometimes like $1.12 per click and in most cases 7 cents.

5. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 12 years ago

I still earn anywhere up to $1 a day on Adsense but that's about 1/5 of what I was pre-HP ads.

6. sman2sahrul profile image40
    sman2sahrulposted 12 years ago

Hi all,
    I'm very dissapointed banned my adsense, I got approve adsend about three time
    by blog, and I don't now why my adsese  had banned, and the about 2 month for get again apprpve adsense but until now never agree ( not get approve )
    and now I find this site ( HUBs ) make adsense without blog:

My qustion :
    how I can get back adense by hub join and howmny time ( long )
    I must have article post for hub for signup to adsence ?

please reply me

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
      Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think problem you havenow!  not goaway soon!

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

1. Rosie2010 profile image68
        Rosie2010posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Randy, I want to laugh out loud, but that would be mean, now would it? big_smile

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
          Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I really don't know, Rosie.  Apparently, only mods know our intentions anymore.smile

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6187986.jpg

7. randomcreative profile image86
    randomcreativeposted 12 years ago

I've been part of the HP ad program since October and do still get AdSense clicks.  Typically those earnings are about 1/5 of what my HP ad earnings are.  Every little bit helps.

8. Rosie2010 profile image68
    Rosie2010posted 12 years ago

I still do.  I never turned off my HPAds since I joined in March 2011, and even with the new HPAds program layout, I still make Adsense payout every two months (fingers crossed!).  I also make HPAds payout every month.  Why?  I don't really know the answer, because I don't know much about SEO, I am not backlinking, and according to my hubber score, I'm a mediocre hubber (not whining, just sayin!).

9. profile image0
    learnaboutposted 12 years ago

I have been using Adsense for a year now on my website and have seen ups and downs.  Sometimes I get upwards of a dollar or more per click and then less than a couple of cents.  No real rhyme or reason as Google does not tell you why.  I have been told that great ranking pages have something to do with it.  But, with millions of websites on the internet I think it just boils down to the most popular pages. 

-Mark   Learn-about-electronics.com

10. Dame Scribe profile image58
    Dame Scribeposted 12 years ago

I thought that was the norm lol a few cents per click tongue since it will depend on the advert that's being shown? Also, have you seen the results that show up? yikes some totally baffle me with whatever they are about. Maybe a lot depends on keywords in the summary? idk, just a thought.

11. echoe0021 profile image60
    echoe0021posted 12 years ago

I've never gotten any clicks from google adsense, I think it's because I write mostly poetry though so I decided to pay it no mind.

12. dumindu89 profile image62
    dumindu89posted 12 years ago

Typically CPC depends on the niche. If you get a click for a hub which is related to personal finance then you get more $$$ than other niches such as entertainment, gender and relationships etc.

13. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

Before being sandboxed I received adsense clicks ranging from just a few cents to over $9.00 per click (extremely rare).  Most were in the $2 area for my best hubs.  Now they seem to pay less than before but the sandbox effect may also have something to do with this.

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

14. Garrett Mickley profile image78
    Garrett Mickleyposted 12 years ago

I get like one click a day.  Lately I seem to have $0.40 clicks though, which would be great if I could get more clicks.

I definitely make more on the Hubpages ads + ebay capsule.

15. Kangaroo_Jase profile image73
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 12 years ago

Whats Google Adsense?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)