Adsense Growth

Jump to Last Post 1-35 of 35 discussions (63 posts)
  1. profile image50
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

I have worked out that my adsense earnings seem to be growing by a dollar a month. Now by my reckoning that means I can retire in about 300 years, I wonder how ancient I shall look then, " as ancient as now methinks " " yeah but so are you ". " Yeah but I am a dollar better off than you " " But next month I will be 2 dollars better off than you "

But really what's that got to do with Adsense Growth, " ok did it go up a dollar? " " Yeah, I wasn't lyin " " Ok then it was Adsense Growth "

Stll a waste of forum space if ya ask me..... " I didn't ! "

1. TrinaLynne profile image71
      TrinaLynneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol. Growth is growth whether big or small. I think you all have made an accomplishment.

2. dwilliamson profile image60
    dwilliamsonposted 14 years ago

Silly Pirate, adsense is for kids!!!! My adsense has grown more than yours smile, way more!!!! I have made $24.19 in the time I have been here, which hasn't been as long as you. I guess that means I get to retire 24 times faster than you!!!!!

1. BristolBoy profile image62
      BristolBoyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But you have written 159 hubs which is quite impressive!

1. dwilliamson profile image60
        dwilliamsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, but one reason for that is because I am in the 100 hubs in 30 days challenge. I did however have 79 hubs written before I started the challenge.

2. BundleBoy profile image72
      BundleBoyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

dwilliamson 159 Hubs in 2 months, How do you do that? Jeez

Pretty much just write and write and write and don't stop til I drop. hee hee smile

1. Pete Maida profile image61
          Pete Maidaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've been here three months and I still haven't made two dollars in a month on adsense. I guess I haven't been that focused on it.  When it comes to making money I don't think HP is the best place on the web.  I'm here for the people and the feedback.

3. gamergirl profile image83
    gamergirlposted 14 years ago

Last month I made about 77 bucks, which is my biggest earnings to date.  It takes a bit to get rolling, but once it does, it's amazing!

I keep hearing that it takes awhile to get going so I can't wait to see what I will be making in say a year from now.

2. WeddingConsultant profile image65
      WeddingConsultantposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Agreed. My adsense is finally beginning to gain some traction. But then again, maybe it's because I only plugged adsense in about 8-10 months ago...

4. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

My earnings seem to have almost doubled each month that I have been here, but then, so have my articles.  I find it funny how more and more search engines find the articles, the longer they are on line.

5. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

Have only been around a couple of months, and like you, Cap'n, am far from retirement on my ad sense earnings, but they certainly do seem to be picking up steam as I add more articles and make more connections. I am finding there are also a lot of other steps one needs to take as well as just plopping ad sense on one's hubs...lot's to learn

6. profile image50

Ahhhh but the Captain knows that tis a rolling snowball effect with adsense, you just have to have the balls to wait ! smile

I agree my pirate smile

2. dwilliamson profile image60

I agree my pirate smile

7. Fisher2008 profile image59
    Fisher2008posted 14 years ago

Google AD is indeed a good way to make money.However,
    There are some other ways to earn money,such as surfing,clicking advestments,and writing review articles for some websites.
    If people want to be able to retire earlier,maybe they can try these other ways at the same time smile

8. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

You can make substantial money in your first/second month. I joined the end of April on the 22nd (made $1.00 in April), below is what I made last month in May.

http://familygameguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/girlygirlearnings.png

Simply write about topics that have high search volume, yet aren't too competitive.

I use the following tools (all free):

google.com/keywords
    adwords.google.com/select/TrafficEstimatorSandbox
    pingomatic.com - this will index your hubs faster in google. Most of my hubs are indexed in under 4 hours. Some rank high at first, others take time to climb. Most take time to rank better, so yes time does help, too.

I also do a google search for the term that I will be writing about before I start. If I don't see any adsense ads that come up in the search results, chances are there aren't going to be relevant ads displayed on the hubs I write.

At first, I didn't think research was really necessary, but all the hubs that I researched are the ones that make me money! I thought that if you write it, they will come. This is only partially true, only hubbers will come - hubbers do not make you money.

I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH: Titles, are VERY important!

Google uses your titles in the search results. The more relevant keywords you have in your title, the higher you will rank! I am certain of this.

For example:

If you write a hub on Printers, do not simply call your hub 'Printers', or even 'Best Printers'. Use relevant keywords like Top Printer Reviews: What to Look for When Buying A Printer. Get even more specific, write about a certain model. You'll get at least 10x the search engine traffic this way as opposed to just naming your hub 'Printers'.

or "Pizza"

Get specific - "Best Pizza Reviews in Manhattan"

or

"Where to Go for the Best Pizza in Manhattan - Pizza Reviews"

The more specific you get, the more targeted your traffic will be. Providing that there are good ads for your topic (do your research!), this micro-targeted traffic will increase your earnings.

Good luck and remember - it can be done. Just do your research. smile

1. BundleBoy profile image72
      BundleBoyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

GirlyGirl09 that is great advice, may be you should put that in a Hub!

2. Will Apse profile image88
      Will Apseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have the longest and ugliest titles on the internet but they get traffic so I have to agree with this.

3. Susan Ng profile image82
      Susan Ngposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have been trying to understand adsense and keywords and whatnots, and everytime I read one of those technical articles, I get a headache. sad  Thank you for sharing this with us, girly_girl.  I will try your suggestions. smile  And I've bookmarked those sites you listed, too.  Thank you thank you! big_smile

4. profile image0
      dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

awww....I cant believe how nice you are to give out all that good info instead of keeping it to yoru self!! way cool! now if only my computer would stop freezing I might get soemwhere

9. profile image0

Will- Your titles look great. I'm not at all surprised that you get good traffic from those hubs!

1. Will Apse profile image88
      Will Apseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks girly girl but I always wanted to be an artist. I wanted titles like Midsummers Night Dream or Bonfire of the Vanities. 'Spa and Hot tub Maintenance' isn't what my soul was forged to write.

10. Everyday Miracles profile image85
    Everyday Miraclesposted 14 years ago

I am making $13 a month right now. Two months in a row. The last couple of days have been deadly dry though sad

11. Nanny J.O.A.T. profile image67
    Nanny J.O.A.T.posted 14 years ago

I have been noticing a drop in traffic over the last week or so as well. I was thinking that it was because of the holiday here and the beginning of school's out! Lots of changes in lots of households right now! Vacations etc.

I blush to admit - I have a grand total of 74 cents to my name- I figure not bad for only 13 hubs in 6 weeks.

Since I have so many bills and kids- I'll never be able to retire - so I'm willing all my revenue to my cat!

12. profile image0

EM - I'm quite confident that you could increase your earnings by adding keywords to your titles. Obviously, your content is fantastic - but are your titles really SEO?

For example, your article on "Cerebellar Hypoplasia".

Try something like: "Cerebellar Hypoplasia in Cats: Ways to Prevent It and Help Your Pet Live Comfortably"

I didn't research what keywords would work best in your title, but something similar like that should definitely help increase your traffic.

I know that title is sort of long, but the more keywords, the better your chances are of ranking higher.

Good luck! smile

1. profile image50
      badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well I made a few changes to about 5 hubs and all have had increased traffic plus a bit of earnings so over the weekend I intend to totally revamp my hubs and add to them. Cheers GG !

13. profile image0

hehehe I know what you mean. I'm currently writing an article on Arm Fat. How attractive! I haven't fully 'sold my soul' yet, I am still really interested in what I write. Some of it just isn't that catchy. big_smile

Some of my most favorite hubs haven't earned me a dime. Like my hub, "A Chick's Guide to Buying a Car". I love that one and it RARELY gets viewed, on here or from SE traffic.

14. profile image50

I made 34 cents last month but lost it on the New York Yankees, twas a shame as I would have had a full dollar !!

Great advice there GG, have used pingomatic myself but when I checked it on analytics it was getting me no traffic bit like Digg. The main thing is the Title and getting that right gets you up the google ladder and makes you money.

I have yet to hit $3 in one day yet so well done GG, with your niche that should double in a few months if not sooner.

15. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

The longer you're here, the more you write, and the more you bookmart and market (if you opt to), the more you make.

I write a lot and bookmark none and I get about $500 a month give or take from HubPages alone. Some make more than that with less hubs than I have. I write whatever I want to and hope that it'll pay in the end. Although, for those topics, I've found pay more, I will write a few more on that topic.

As girlygirl said, titles can be important too. I don't do keyword searches but pay attention to my titles and what keywords I use more often throughout the hub.

1. Mrvoodoo profile image57
      Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

$500 a month just from HubPages, nicely done!  *shuffles off to write some more hubs.

2. profile image50

How many months did it take you to hit your first cheque ?  Plus interesting that you do no keyword search and am glad to hear that as you are making a nice amount without it and I thought that is where I was going wrong in not doing keyword search. To both GG and Whitney do you think the Title up yourselves or do you use google or any other method ?

1. profile image0
        girly_girl09posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I do think up the title myself, however I make sure to include several keywords into the phrase. As you can see, almost all my titles are two parts. That seems to be a good strategy for me.

You also have to remember to keep the title catchy so people will want to click on it in search engines. If the tile itself isn't that catchy (some topics make choosing a title difficult), I make darn sure that the first 2 sentences (which show up in search engines) are appealing.

1. profile image50

Do you just put in exactly 7 keywords or over as I am lead to believe if you put in too many keywords adsense don't give you good ads. I have good ads on a few hubs but not on others so am trying to crack the formula, cheers for the reply. And I just checked and I see what you mean about the split title, well thought out GG !

1. profile image0

I don't count the number of keywords that I use (maybe I should!). In my hubs, I always get really targeted ads because I do make sure to include keywords in the first paragraph and throughout the article.

Definitely try longer, catchy titles - I think you'll see some improvement with your earnings! big_smile

1. profile image50

Gonna change them all later tonight, nothing to lose. Cheers GG yer a star !

16. Susan Ng profile image82
    Susan Ngposted 14 years ago

Hey, BadCo. I found this helpful article for boosting our earnings. smile

Places To Get Ideas for High Traffic Topics

1. profile image50

Cheers moi friend, will take a look and by the big smile on Pauls face it must work. Anyways tis the school bell, BadCos lunch is over and work awaits him. Later moi friend, later smile

17. aniketgore profile image60
    aniketgoreposted 14 years ago

Nice Advice

18. profile image0

I'm not positive on the following, but it can't hurt!:

After you change the titles, change your first paragraph around (might as well add some more keywords, while you're at it!)

Doing this will allow you to ping your hubs. (You never want to ping them if nothing has changed!) I believe that this will allow your new titles to be indexed faster, hopefully leading you to more targeted traffic and earnings!

If you don't ping, you might have to wait weeks or even a month for Google to re-index your new title.

Good luck! big_smile

Use: htttp://www.pingomatic.com

Tip: After pinging several pages, I usually can't ping anymore with this free service because only the 'blog title' line will display. You'll see what I'm talking about after you ping 3-5 pages. Simply delete your cookie information, refresh pingomatic.com and the full submit form will be available again! Annoying, but it works. big_smile

19. profile image50

Ive used Pingomatic before with a few websites I used to have so probs using that GG. Am going to add a lot of content etc to my earlier hubs and change the layout since I now know how to do that and if it stays the same sure nothing ventured, nothing gained. smile

20. Janet21 profile image80
    Janet21posted 14 years ago

I have seen a nice growth in my adsense earnings these last few months.  Feb $13, March $18, April $23, May $57.  girly_girl makes a good point about keyword research and high volume searches, however, personally I just write on topics that I like to talk about like Whitney does. That seems to work for me.

1. profile image50

Yeah I know but you have a great niche in your Cakes as does Whitney with her dog knowledge and over time you have both amassed a following from people who are also into Cakes or Dogs which worldwide you are talking millions. Anyways well played to you all, you deserve the reward. Nice jump in the last month Janet, hope it keeps doubling for you. !

21. profile image0

$57 is awesome for 29 hubs! Your increase is definitely starting to happen! Have you been doing anything different (via marketing/promotion) or was this simply a time factor?

1. Janet21 profile image80
      Janet21posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sure, there is a time factor.  I have been working on this for 2 1/2 years! LOL!  Actively on Hubpages for a year.  My cakes and birthdays is more than I niche to me.  It is my business.  I have hubs, lenses on Squidoo as well as a birthday  blog.  I do a lot of cross promotion between all of my pages which is pretty much the only promotion that I do.  But, it gets results.  I am averaging $100/day now across all my pages, however, it didn't happen overnight.  And, I didn't take any short cuts to get here.  As others have said, it takes hard work and A LOT of late nights! But, if you are determined you will get there. 

That being said, I am a big proponent of niche marketing.  In the long run, I believe a portfolio of pages on the same topic will perform better than a portfolio of random pages.  Just my 2 cents.

22. gamergirl profile image83

I changed a few titles last night and WOW.

I'm going to finish changing titles tonight, I've already seen a huge impact and look forward to the increased traffic across the board. big_smile

Maybe I'll have my first 1,000 pageview day soon!

1. profile image0

yayyyyy!!!!!

23. marisuewrites profile image58
    marisuewritesposted 14 years ago

If you change the title, to more keyword specific, what about the url, can you change it or does it matter?

1. profile image50

url doesn't matter !

1. profile image0

You can't change the URL, your only option would be to delete the hub and create a new one.

URL's DO MATTER! big_smile Use your main keyword phrase in the title.

A Guide to Painting Cars

http://painting-cars

(keep the dashes in)

24. RooBee profile image82
    RooBeeposted 14 years ago

This forum has been so helpful to me, thanks to bc for starting it and to all who have replied.
    I love HP as a place to write, but of course would love to make money doing what I love! You high-dolla hubbers are an inspiration to us all! smile
    I've made about three and a half dollars from Google, nada from Amazon but I'm thrilled about it. Seeing any amount that has accumulated as a result of my having written something gives me great pleasure!!
    http://www.forumimagecodes.com/images/cj7d5a20qanf75xl2l3t.jpg

So proud of m'self!! big_smile

25. profile image50

I am proud of you Roobee, really proud and if like me you stick it out in a year we will make some money monthly out of it. Deff I now know how to set out my future hubs and even if I only make $100 a month I will be happy. Btw love the new pic Roobee smile

26. profile image50

I stand corrected but will keep that in mind for future hubs.

27. gamergirl profile image83

girly_girl09,

Thanks to your tips, I've doubled my daily average traffic.

If you're ever in the Charlotte, NC area, I'm buying you dinner.

28. profile image0

yay! I'm glad they helped you out. Maybe I should write an e-book lol.

29. rancidTaste profile image61
    rancidTasteposted 14 years ago

Titles are really helpful for increasing traffic and AdSense earnings.

but for my case, I don't apply any techniques by using any techniques like book mark hubs by bookmarking sites, or pinging through several pining software or websites or tools. I do them them many days ago. But I am lost to do those. To me, I find a wasting of time.

From the last month, I really don't give any attention to any bookmarking sites or any special tools. I just write and then publish. But the traffic increase 3 times more before one month ago.

The case which works more is that the content I think. You may have nice and best title. But please keep a special attention on your contents also. I don't know whether it works you or not. If it does not work to your hubs, please ignore my suggestions.

30. gamergirl profile image83

Content IS important, and titles are awesome. big_smile

31. Sunny Robinson profile image69
    Sunny Robinsonposted 14 years ago

Girly_girl, you should definitely write an e-book.  I'm always looking out for people who give great advice, particularly here on the forums and the writers who have had experiences and been here longer.  The fact that people here are so willing to help others earn is mindblowing.  I think dealing with a lot of online scams and stupid people across the internet makes meeting intelligent and nice people a shocker.

I appreciate all of you! big_smile

32. profile image0
    dennisemattposted 14 years ago

I went from 0.00 cents a few days ago to .22 cents total today....the one thing I noticed that changed is my eCPM went from .05 to .25.
    but I havent signed up for everything or linked everything or written ANYTHING informative or been very carefull with my keywords or anything. Lucky for me Im not here for money. goodluck to you!!!

33. profile image50

Well yesterday for the first I broke the $3 mark for one days earnings plus have made double what I made in May already so the snowball effect is working.

Deff the choice of both topic and title do help but I have also noticed that having 15 good tags helps as does having just the right length in the hub to get it noticed by google.

Big thanks to all that have put their thoughts and advice into this topic, has deff helped me and the changes applied have increased my earnings so cheers all !

34. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

Congrats Captain!

35. Zeta Sfico profile image60
    Zeta Sficoposted 14 years ago

nice move captain! i think your ship need a little change. put a little trademark like treasure. coin should be fine too!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)