Which offers are good to add ads on webiste?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (20 posts)
  1. bingoinfo profile image60
    bingoinfoposted 12 years ago

One of my friends has a personal blog. He wants to add some ads on his blog to make some profit because the blog has very good traffic. He did try google adsense. But the result is not quite good. Do you have any suggestions?

1. Jester98 profile image59
      Jester98posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Adsense will always be your best bet as a beginner. The other thing is what kind of blog does he have. You need to target the visitors of the blog. So get in their heads and figure out what products they are looking for and there ya go!

bingoinfoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

thanks for your advice.

2. wheelinallover profile image76
      wheelinalloverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The best suggestion one that works every time. NO ads just an opt in box. Make the sales on the back end through auto responder emails. Whatever product you choose make sure it "fits" your niche. If your getting good response and comments, our guess is you have a good following. This means what you are saying has value, and you have built trust so it shouldn't be a problem getting them to opt in to a newsletter. Your auto response emails and newsletter should contain the "back end" product or products.

Thanks for your tips. Learn from you.

3. rajit2011 profile image60
      rajit2011posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Try Adbrite is far good than adsense.

Thanks. I have heard about that. Will try that soon...

2. bingoinfo profile image60

Hi, my friend is trying Adbrite on his website. But he told me the achievement is quite low only $0.01 per day. Do you have any idea how to improve?
        Cheers,
        Bingoinfo

2. CloudExplorer profile image77
    CloudExplorerposted 12 years ago

You need to look up affiliate websites on google, and don't just go with any of them.  Commission Junction is one, click bank another, and even Amazon affiliates.  Try this as well, like type a well known manufacturer of some products you love into Google, and type affiliate program next to it.  Than start searching, you'll be surprised how many official companies actually have reputable affiliate programs.  Hope the tip helps, Good luck!

Great tips. I will forward your suggestion to my friend. Thanks.

3. CloudExplorer profile image77
    CloudExplorerposted 12 years ago

No problem I'm here to help everyone, anytime.  I just got my own things on the web started, back in Jan 2009, and since then I've been finding so many resourceful web locations to help me get things going.  So it's imperative that I help other people with the info I found as well, its tough going it all alone.

thanks for your kind. looking forward to reading your great articles. cheers!

4. profile image0
    paxwillposted 12 years ago

Google also runs an affiliate network and has lots of large companies like Sears, Target, JC Whitney (auto parts), Barnes & Noble...The nice thing about Google's affiliate program is that your commissions and Adsense earnings are combined, so it's easier to reach the $100 payout threshold.

The only thing I would suggest your friend NOT do is use in-text advertising links, like Kontera and Infolinks.  Visitors hate them and the earnings are really low.

thanks for your kind information. my friend is trying cpa products on offvault website. do you think cpa affiliate programs are nice try for a blog?

5. bregecko profile image61
    bregeckoposted 12 years ago

I've been using clickbank to find companies to be an affiliate for mostly. Is that a considered a good place to go through for that? I don't think anything bad of them, just wondering if there's a lot better choices out there or not. My favorite companies were found on accident some other way.

Thanks for sharing your ideas. Actually, my friend had ever tried clickbank. Unfortunately, the result is not quite good. So he quitted finally. He is trying other affiliate programs, such as offervault, clicksor, etc. If he would be successful, I would like to share with you someday.

6. Lady_E profile image60
    Lady_Eposted 12 years ago

Tell him to try Afilliates.

Most companies will give you codes (html) to put on your website. When people order through your website, you get a commission. There are so many to choose from. (music websites, games, dating, mobiles, getting traffic to blogs etc).
    I have Affiliates on my personal blog and recommend it.

Hope that helps.

Yes, affiliates are always one of options. My friend is still working on it. Some of affilaite programs are quite good, some are not. It is quite tough to find a good affiliate from the point of my view. I appreciate it if you could recommend some affiliates. Thanks for your tips.

7. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

If his traffic is low, his earnings will be low for any generic ad companies.  The only way to earn from a low traffic site is to find a specific product that small audience will buy and advertise that--when possible through a direct affiliate relationship.

You are right. The traffic is quite important thing. Thanks for your suggestion to find a specific product of an affiliate program.
      Cheers,
      Bingoinfo

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)