Are they reviewing hubs objectively?...I doubt...

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (31 posts)
  1. profile image34
    thosmiposted 16 years ago

Hi,

They flag and unpublish my hub because of "Overly Promotional" thing (more than two links to one site) and then after editing it they don't publish it again.

You can view my hub through this link:
    (Google Cache) http://66.102.9.104/search?sourceid=nav … s-Download

On the other hand, there are many hubs that have the same theme as mine, but never get flagged, (And you know, to test them, I flagged some of them, but they never get unpublished), and some of them have LOTS of links to one site. You can see that for yourself:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Free_PSP_Download : with more than 6 links pointing to one site

http://hubpages.com/hub/Free_PSP_Blende … oad_Review : Can you tell me how many links you can count on this hub pointing to one site ( more than 20 i think) ??

http://hubpages.com/hub/Free_Game_Downloads_For_PSP : lots of same link

And I can show you more than these...

So tell me dear hubbers, should I think they treat us fairly?

1. darkside profile image66
      darksideposted 16 years agoin reply to this

There's a link to click to put the article in for review isn't there?

Did you click on that?

2. mathan1234 profile image60
      mathan1234posted 16 years agoin reply to this

There are people who slip by. You likely got your hub taken down because someone came across your hub, flagged it and reported it. That other guy, who I just flagged, lucked out and slipped under the radar probably because no users reported him (until now).

Nobody is playing favorites. smile  You think that someone decided to personally pick on you? So you're mad that you broke TOS and got caught when someone else happened to get away with it? Welcome to real life. Sorry.

If it makes you feel better, the user you mentioned has been flagged and I'm certain he'll be deleted.

3. profile image34
      thosmiposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Absolutley NOT, and i tell you why...

After this thread, I edited my hub so that it'd have just ONE link, and submitted it for review. Guess what. They didn't republish it again and for the same reason: more than 1-2 links pointing to one site. B******t.They even went further and banned all of my hubs....

Meanwhile, you can still see the spammy hubs i mentioned in the first post...sound and untapped...

So, good luck hubbers...I'm moving away.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I thought you were out of here? I take my Ciao back smile Of course, that can mean hello or goodbye smile

1. profile image34

I thought you meant hello the first time wink

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
            Mark Knowlesposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I did. smile

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

they do...

3. profile image34

oh really, so please tell me how's that?

4. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago
  5. profile image50
    broalexposted 16 years ago

well I do not know exactly how the hub score works Hubpage`s Front Desk knows for sure , but I do think that something is misunderstood here , a lot of people are here for advertising. smile Not for blogging with good content and the other thing that I know if people are here for some income they better struggle harder big_smile

6. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 16 years ago

I have actually flagged some of those hubs you mentioned. But - there is an awful lot of this rubbish at the moment and the hubpages team need to manually check it all.

Now I think about it, I think I flagged your quality hub also.

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/2778/sarcasm3ix4.gif

1. profile image34

yea, nice job...

But the point is, how come just some of them get doomed forever? And I know that for sure because it's not the first time i lose my best hubs this way....

7. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Surprisingly, they all are gone :horror:

8. profile image50
    broalexposted 16 years ago

tosmi They are gone big_smile with the wind lol

9. profile image34

No, they're not gone, they just got hyperlinked with ":" following them, so CHECK THEM AGAIN.

Magic?

10. mathan1234 profile image60
    mathan1234posted 16 years ago

When will people not learn:

"linking repeatedly to the same site within a hub or across many hubs"

.....gets you deleted.

1. profile image34

Let me correct you: " ... gets SOME of you deleted"

Yea, now that sounds better

11. Mark Knowles profile image59

OK - Cool - Now I can flag them big_smile

12. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

What are your worst hubs than? :horror:

13. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 16 years ago

There are a variety of filters in place that catch certain Hubs when they are created, but after that, the review of Hubs content comes from the community, not from the Hub team.  The Hub team reviews the material that the community reports or which is flagged by the system, not every single hub that is created.

And it takes more than one flag for something to get sent to them for review.

14. profile image34

So...is this OK with just one or two humble links ( as TOS says)?

1. mathan1234 profile image60
      mathan1234posted 16 years agoin reply to this

Honestly, I don't know that having multiple links to the same place in one article will help your SEO that much anyway. However I can see how it can make you appear as spam.

"linking repeatedly to the same site within a hub or across many hubs"

I haven't looked at all of your hubs, but do you link to the same site in every hub? That's a big no-no.

1. profile image34

Hmmm.... I think so....Because I have a site that somehow use it as a tinyurl.com for myself. smile

Now I think that the same ugly hop link is much better.

15. mathan1234 profile image60
    mathan1234posted 16 years ago

thosmi

Honestly, when I looked at the hub you linked to, I thought it crossed the line of being spam, however it wasn't nearly as bad as others I've seen! I think that you'd be better off just linking to your site once and awhile in an article and in your profile. If you write enough quality articles that don't look like you're trying to sell anything, you will become a more trusted voice, which will ultimately benefit your business.

I know that sounds a bit cheesy but I believe it to be true.

16. profile image34

mathan

Thanks for your advice, and I know it's true, but the problem is, it's really hard to see that after months of getting links for hubs and trying hard in SEO, they can be this easily gone...

17. Mark Knowles profile image59

Ciao. big_smile

18. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 16 years ago

thosmi -

Your account wasn't banned. We've marked your account as "spammer", meaning all of your Hubs need to be reworked to comply with our rules and then resubmitted (using the link at the top of your Hub), and any new Hubs will be queued up for review before we'll allow them to be published.

There is a page that comes up when you create a new Hub reminding you what's allowed and what's not allowed. And every time a Hub is unpublished by us, you get an email telling you what you must do. You really can't claim ignorance.

There is no reason Hubs that are not "up to code" should join the ranks of those created by authors who've taken time to keep their standard up.

If those are rules you can't comply with, then I'll join Mark and others and wish you "sayonara".

- Jason

19. profile image34

Thanks for your reply Jason,

But could you please just tell me about this particular hub: http://hubpages.com/hub/Free-PSP-Games-Download

This is what you said in the email:

"Your Hub has been flagged by our system as a violation of our Terms of
    Use.

Overly Promotional - Solely or excessively promotes another site(s),
    especially when Hub links all point to one site.

A link to your Hub: http://hubpages.com/hub/Free-PSP-Games-Download

To rectify: You must have no more than 1-2 links to any one domain on a
    page of original content."

And this hub has just one link to another site. I submitted it twice and it did not get republished.

So I can't understand why my hub couldn't comply with your rules whereas some hubs with 20 links pointed to one site could.

20. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 16 years ago

It complies with the rules now but you haven't submitted it for review. You have to do that for us to know you want us to review it for publication.

1. profile image34

Just submitted it for review...Hope it get accepted this time smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)