Having more than one Partner.

Jump to Last Post 51-63 of 63 discussions (205 posts)
  1. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 14 years ago

Some big what? smile

2. profile image0
    nazishnasimposted 14 years ago

If I donot love my partner then yeah, such arrangement is possible ,however, if lady-luck strikes him and I do fall in love with him then he'd have to choose between me and other ...errr... women.
    As for having more than one male partner for me ... naaaaahhhhhh ... toooo dirty! the socks and the jocks! YUCK!

3. VioletSun profile image77
    VioletSunposted 14 years ago

Naw, not for me. I wouldn't want to share my man with another woman, or would want more than one man. One man is enough for me.cool

4. Anamika S profile image69
    Anamika Sposted 14 years ago

I can handle an army if I want to as I am born to lead.

But Would I like to have more than one Partner? Definitely not!

1. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
      VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is rare to see a courageous Indian woman. I appreciate your spirits. If all woman become courageous, like you,  then India will conquer the whole world.
      You certainly cant have more than one partner. Because, one partner himself is enough to spoil your courage. (Take all the great women in history... they shined only after the death of their husbands or will shine until they get married. Even Cleopatra had to leave her husband to come out of the shell.)

1. profile image0
        Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Um.  Yeah.  Right.  I know a lot about art history.  Take Artemisia Gentileschi for instance.  Married with about 6 kids...the husband took care of all those kids.  Gifted, "a great woman from history."  And painted some beautiful things--Including that one painting where the biblical Judith is cutting the head off of Holofernes.  wink

And, respectfully, I think the U.S. secretary of state would beg to differ with these viewpoints.

Just a couple things, off the top of my head...

5. cindyvine profile image69
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

At this moment I want a great holiday with heaps of spending money more than I want a partner lol

6. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

On a serious note I agree

7. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

You go My Goddess! smile

8. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

If people have the kind of love people should have in a marriage, then they would not be interested in having extra partners.  In that kind of set-up (more than one partner) the marriage is based on something other than love.  I'm not a big fan of marriages that aren't based on genuine love.

1. Inspirepub profile image71
      Inspirepubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Methinks you are confusing "possessiveness" with "genuine love". The first is not entirely psychologically healthy, but is useful for keeping people in their roles as workers and consumers, so it is promoted by big business and the media as an ideal. The second, genuine love, tends to awkwardly cut across social conventions to promote what is in the genuine best interests of the one we genuinely love, which makes it problematic, and it is therefore not recognised or encouraged in popular culture.

Genuine love says to a partner - "if your life mission takes to you another country for many years, go with my blessing". Possessiveness says "I can;t live without you! You must deny your life's calling and stay here with me."

Genuine love easily allows for other partners - possessiveness does not.

Jenny

9. Ladybird33 profile image66
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

I could never be the second wife but I might consider taking a second husband smile

10. profile image57
    Blackngoldbananaposted 14 years ago

I don't even have one husband and 99% of the time I don't even miss that so having multiple husbands sounds like too many problems.

Same thing applies for a man having more than one wife....sounds good in theory, but the logistics of living like that every day is just too chaotic to think about.

11. Cow Flipper profile image74
    Cow Flipperposted 14 years ago

One wife is enough, if you want more than hey its your funeral

12. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Voice of reason Jenny, as usual smile

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I second that Misha. Great comments that make sense Jenny.

13. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Hell I got my hands full with one husband lol

Two ,well if he was a silent partenar ,maybe and came with the remote control glued to his arm smile

1. Davinagirl3 profile image60
      Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile

1. mydreamsRtrue profile image60
        mydreamsRtrueposted 14 years agoin reply to this

loVE THAT ! LOL! JAJA IF HE COME WITH A rEMOTe CONTROL LOVE IT !

2. profile image0
      pgrundyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL! I'm with you. Men make high maintenance pets. I can't imagine having two. big_smile

On a more serious note, it's one thing to say in the abstract that genuine love is open and allows for other partners. I mean, that sounds good and it will always get a round of applause, especially from guys, but I haven't met any people personally who made it work. All of my friends who tried 'open marriages' (and I've known several people who tried this) just ended up divorced a little while later. In every case it was just an attempt to salvage a relationship they weren't quite ready to leave--but they did leave it shortly after making it 'open'.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)