I'm having brunch with Mitt tomorrow!

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (90 posts)
  1. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 12 years ago

Okay, I'm ducking from the rotten tomatoes that I'm sure will be lobbed by the far right and left. lol. Hubby and I are headed to Atlanta early in the morning for our free meal.

1. bgamall profile image69
      bgamallposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He Habee, ask him if he is still unemployed. That is what he told a group of unemployed folks.

Can't stomach the man. He is so privileged he is totally out of touch with the common man. And you are part of that group, whether you fool yourself or not.

1. profile image0
        JaxsonRaineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Come on, he was joking, he laughed, they laughed.

Someone asked if he was on LinkedIn, and Romney replied that he was, and did have his sights set on one particular job.

Seriously, take it easy(not over easy if that makes you nauseous).

1. habee profile image92
          habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Jaxson, don't you know by now that Republicans aren't supposed to joke and kid?

1. profile image0

I never have read the 'Idiot's Guide to Running for President as GOP Nominee', I just keep putting it off...

But, you're right. How dare Romney connect with 'common folk' like that.

2. habee profile image92

So, which of our politicians do you think is a "common man"? Actually, I don't want someone like me as POTUS. I prefer someone with lots more economic smarts than I have. lol. Isn't Mitt unemployed, technically?

1. bgamall profile image69
          bgamallposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You defend Mitt's statement when he makes millions per year? Technically he is a really stupid man when it comes to gaining confidence of the average guy.

He has economic smarts, enough that he has taken companies, loaded them with debt and sold them only to see them unwind. He is a jerk and a greedy one too.

He cannot win because while Obama loves the banks, the Republicans love them more. Email me and I will show you my ebook that totally uncovers the Republican plan. And you can get it for free, Habee.

1. profile image0

I'm so sick of hearing about Romney's work at Bain. He created and saved so many jobs, and so much of that information is available to look at as a primary source, rather than reading some AP re-write.

1. lovemychris profile image77
              lovemychrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

His supervisor at Bain was 3rd down in power in the Mossad.

"This relationship between the Israeli military and Mitt Romney, a presidential candidate, should be of great concern to all Americans because this is how the Israeli military plans to drag the United States into a war with Iran."

http://thoughtactioneire.blogspot.com/2 … itary.html

1. habee profile image92

Guess you're unhappy with Obama's meeting with Bibi, too?

2. feenix profile image57
      feenixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Habee, please tell Mitt that I said hello, and I know that you and your husband will have a real good time.

1. habee profile image92

Thanks, feenix. I will!

1. profile image0

Yeah, tell him Hi for me, that I really respect his work at Bain capital, and especially the ideology of giving managers a vested interest in the success of their companies.

I'm hoping for some real fiscal responsibility and financial reform from Romney.

1. habee profile image92

Jaxson, if I actually get to speak to him, I will. I don't have any idea how long the foot-washing line will be. lol

1. profile image0

You should lure him in with an idea about a chain of retail stores, where customers walk in, and are helped with the process of designing their own baby bedding from a large selection of colors, patterns, and fabrics. A great idea needs a great venture capitalist!

1. habee profile image92

I like that! Wanna be partners?

1. profile image0

Actually, I'm just waiting on a check from a worker's comp settlement and a wrongful termination settlement to get started, although my real idea will be e-stores smile

2. Ramsa1 profile image61
              Ramsa1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

The "foot-washing line" - funny, habee. If Romney wins the White House he will be another rich guy who will take care of his rich friends.

1. habee profile image92

Unlike the rich guy we have now who takes care of his friends? Unions, Solyndra bundlers, Siga, Fisker, Warburg Pincus, Burlington Northern, First Solar, Westport, Petrobas, GE, VantagePoint, Elon Musk, Ener1, Amyris Biotechnologies, etc., etc.

Unions need all the help they can get. They are under attack by Republicans elected in 2010.

Where do you think Romney would be? Ask Koch Bros how they feel about unions.

1. profile image0
                    idratherbeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you see the unions eliminated you will shortly see a lowering in pay to non union workers. If not for the unions, a competive salary wouldn't exist. Teachers and nurses would be my guess to get hit first given the attacks on public education and health care.

3. Evan G Rogers profile image60
      Evan G Rogersposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Be sure to ask him if he's getting his eggs over-easy.

Or will he be eating FlapJacks?

4. lovemychris profile image77

Mitt is quite the friend of the far right. He also signed the personhood amendment and wants to overturn Roe v Wade. Corporations are people, but the peole who work there don't count.

At least no one asked you if you hate America since you support him. That'd be pretty low.

1. habee profile image92

Strange then that most of the far right don't like Mitt. They prefer Santorum or Gingrich.

I think it's because he's Mormon.

But as long as he keeps them rich, and agrees to outlaw abortion, they'll take him.

Hold their noses and vote, IMO.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 12 years ago

Romney:  I'll take mine over easy....no wait, poached....ummmmm upon further reflection, maybe some hoppin' johns

1. habee profile image92

Great idea, Ron! I should take Mitt some good ol' southern food: hoppin' John, turnip greens, cracklin' cornbread, limpin' Susan, and boiled peanuts. After his yankee taste buds experience some real southern cuisine, he's sure to make me his GA campaign chair! Wonder how much that pays?

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Take him some chitlins; they're closer to what politicians regurgitate to the masses and maybe he can make use of them.

1. habee profile image92

I don't think I'd enjoy riding 200 miles with chitlins! Have you ever smelled chitlins??

1. wilderness profile image94
            wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes.  Once.  A friend tried to interest me in them; it almost cost a good friendship.

1. habee profile image92

I can understand that, Wildman!

2. Ron Montgomery profile image60
        Ron Montgomeryposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I drove through Georgia once.  I saw all these roadside stands selling boiled peanuts, so I eventually had to stop and try some.  Pretty nasty stuff.

1. habee profile image92

I agree about boiled peanuts from those stands. They use big, mature peanuts. Real southerners use small green (immature) peanuts when we make boiled peanuts for ourselves. Huge difference!

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60

Send me some.  Yes, the ones I had were huge and mushy.

1. habee profile image92

Remind me next summer or early fall.

3. Ralph Deeds profile image65
        Ralph Deedsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I hope you enjoy your lunch, but I prefer this guy who had the brains and foresight to vote against the Iraq invasion. (Carl Levin, US Senator from Michigan)http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6265569_f248.jpg deedsphoto

1. habee profile image92

Levin didn't invite me to brunch in my state!

2. habee profile image92

You'll take Mitt over easy? Have you switched teams on us? lol

I'll loosen him up for Obama.

1. habee profile image92

EEEWWWWW! Thanks for another wonderfully nauseating visual image, Ron!

I'll show him some Southern hospitality by making him squeal like a pig...

(banjo intro...)

1. habee profile image92

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDA708Xl … re=related

I know it's the wrong state, but I love this one.

3. maxoxam41 profile image64
    maxoxam41posted 12 years ago

And because habee will have a FREE meal, she will rush to wash and kiss Romney's feet! At least, just acknowledge that you support him 100%, you will be less of a hypocrite instead of using a pretext!

1. Shanna11 profile image74
      Shanna11posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Every time I see you post anywhere on the forums I get the urge to go re-watch V for Vendetta for the thousandth time.

I just thought you should know how frustrating I find that urge, especially when I should be doing something more important elsewhere.

1. habee profile image92

lol lol lol lol

2. habee profile image92

Do you read the forums?? I've said numerous times that I fully support Romney! I guess the tongue-in-cheek comment went right over your head. lol

1. maxoxam41 profile image64
        maxoxam41posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I NEVER read your comments. You don't interest me! But when I see hypocrisy it has to be underlined!

1. habee profile image92

Hypocrisy?? How about when you read my comments on this thread: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/93373 and said you know all about my "political orientation"?? Looks like you HAVE been reading my comments, huh? You're arguing with yourself. If you do, indeed, know all about my "political orientation," as you claim, then you would know that I'm a Romney supporter. Can't have it both ways! lol

4. maxoxam41 profile image64

I agree with you Shanna!

5. maxoxam41 profile image64

Don't waste your time, I am not one of your fan!  I pick my challengers!

1. habee profile image92

Good. I refuse to fight a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

http://blogs.kansascity.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/08/01/armless2.jpg

1. habee profile image92

Oh, Ron - that was BAD!! You need to be punished.

That's what I was hoping for Mistress H...

1. habee profile image92

I don't think you could handle it.

http://generationbubble.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/beatty1.jpg?w=300&h=200

I'll be OK, as long as you don't bring the banjo.

1. habee profile image92

I play guitar. I'll sing and play for you while you're receiving your discipline. Maybe my rendition of "Love Hurts"?

OK, I'll squeal along

2. profile image0
          Peelander Gallyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I lol'd

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
            SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol....i  luv you Ron!  lol...i just never know what you will come up with!

2. profile image0

Yes, better to only fight against obscure, out-of-context, perceived hypocrisy, than anything else like facts.

1. habee profile image92

+1

3. Uninvited Writer profile image78
      Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Why are you picking on Habee who does not have a hyprocritical bone in her body?

1. habee profile image92

Thank you, UW!

6. profile image0
    idratherbeposted 12 years ago

If you get a chance ask him how many more jobs he will outsource. And why he didn't condemn Rush's attack on women.

1. habee profile image92

I doubt he listens to Rush, and neither do I. Most moderates don't.

1. profile image0

So his response to Rush calling Sandra Fluke a slut suffice?

7. profile image0

Is he not still associated with Bain Capital? And I may be wrong but doesn't Bain have an interest in Clear Channel Communications which airs Rush?

1. habee profile image92

I honestly have no idea about Rush. Romney retired from Bain in 1999.

2. lovemychris profile image77

"Clear Channel owns 850 stations while its hosts complain about "burdensome regulations"

Just think...get rid of the remaining regs, and they can own all of radio! Oh JOY. Rush Hannity Beck and Ingraham 24/7......wait, how would that be any different????

Since Pelosi ended Bush's band-width rule...more Liberal talk has emerged. It is a life-saver for people like me.
      It's dis-heartening to never hear you pov anywhere. Let's not go back to that time (2000-2008) where all you heard was GOP talk.....and the basest elements of it.

8. profile image0

True he did retire, but part of his retirement package was passive profit sharing which continues to make him millions. So, not actively in the company, I would have hoped he would have condemned Rush's slut statement. Instead he answers with, "not language I would have used". So does he agree with Rush? Does he think women who use birth control really sluts as Rush said? I'm sorry, I have a problem with that statement. If that's the best he can do with an attack on a young college student, he's not my choice.

9. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 12 years ago

I look forward to hearing your report, Habee.
    As I'm sure we will be doing tomorrow night!
    smile

10. profile image0

I agree Ramsa1, this guy didn't create jobs. He outsourced, fought against unions, and created unemployment. And continues to make money with his Bain retirement, and buy his way into the position of candidate for President. And after hearing his answer about Rush's comments, I can only come to one conclusion. He has no respect for women, yet women want to endorce him? Go figure. He was for the blunt ammendment, then against it with some sorry excuse. We're going backwards if women would vote for someone that wishy washy on womens health issues.

1. habee profile image92

No, the reporter asking the Blunt Amendment question (in the interview I saw) asked it in a confused way that no one could have answered correctly. Sorta like, "Have you stopped beating your wife?"

I'm assuming you're an Obama supporter. After how he treated Hillary, I'm surprised women still voted for him. And Obama is not a job creator; look at the number of jobs he lost on Keystone alone. Romney "created unemployment"? Is that like Al Gore created the Internet? Mitt wants to "buy his way," while Obama is going to spend a billion on his re-election campaign? Funny.

1. profile image0

A confused way? Sounds like you're trying to justify your wanting to vote for him? And no, I'm not an Obama supporter, but I must say the economy appears to be on an upswing. And you don't answer Romney and creating jobs. Instead you avoid the answer with a question, and the same response with buying the campaign statement. And no response to women's health issues. Seems you're not to sure yourself of Romney. I can understand why however. His record or lack there of is hard to defend.

1. habee profile image92

I don't have to justify my support or my vote to you. I've said that I don't think Romney is perfect, but to me, he seems to be the best choice we have. And I like him even more after listening to him today. You should vote for the candidate who seems best to you - it's the American way. I assure you that no matter whom you pick, he or she will have negatives.

But...I'll try to answer your questions, anyway. Yes, Romney helped to create jobs. Yes, some jobs were lost. That's free market capitalism. By "women's health issues," do you mean abortion? I hate abortion, but I think it should be legal in some circumstances. I disagree with Romney on the issue. As for spending money campaigning, I'm not sure how to answer that. Isn't a candidate supposed to get as many donations as he can? Santorum and Gingrich WISH they had the campaign money that Romney has, and Romney supporters WISH Mitt could have as much $$ as Obama will have to spend on his re-election. And as for Mitt's personal wealth, I think that's a plus because he won't be easily bribed by money. As for the Blunt Amendment, I'll have to do some more research. Sorry.

I agree that much of the economy seems to be improving. If it continues, I think Obama will win the election, as I've said numerous times on these forums.

1. profile image0

I appreciate the responses. Only one missing, his answer to Rush's comment about Sandra Flake. This wasn't about abortion, but the use of contraceptives. As for free market capitalism, I'm for it, so long as the assets of said company isn't robbed, proceeds going to stockholders, and the workers without jobs. Leaving the tax payers to insure the lost retirement funds. And one should vote for the one they feel is the best, I'm with you there. I just don't see any of the four as best, unless I choose the best of the worst.

11. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

Hillary had her own moment...her "hard-working white people" coment.

12. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

Eric Cantor Endorses Mitt Romney For President

13. Randy Godwin profile image58
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

I wouldn't walk across the street to see him, much less drive 200 miles to Atlanta!  Anyone who follows a religion created by a flim-flam man is not worth listening to. 

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

1. habee profile image92

But you say the same thing about Christianity, yet you're a big Obama supporter.

1. profile image0

Ouch.

big_smile

How was it habee?

1. habee profile image92

It was great!

2. Randy Godwin profile image58
        Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So do you equate Christianity with Mormonism?  I merely vote for the lesser of two evils as always.  We don't know exactly who the con men were in biblical days, but Joseph Smith is rather easy to research. 

1. habee profile image92

So, is one "con man" better or worse than another? Is one "fairy tale" religion better or worse than another? And yes, I consider Mormons to be Christians. But I don't really care about a candidate's religion, unless it becomes a problem, which I think it is with Santorum. I want a leader as POTUS - not a preacher. And I'm sure you agree with that, and we undoubtedly share similar feelings about Santorum.

I also agree with you about voting for the lesser of two evils. I kinda envy the Paul supporters' feelings. Most of them LOVE RP! I think many of Hillary's supporters felt the same way about her.

1. Randy Godwin profile image58
            Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, there are always lesser evils, aren't there?  I too consider Mormons just as good as Christians, I think you probably knew that already.  lol

1. habee profile image92

Indeed, I did! lol

2. donotfear profile image84
          donotfearposted 12 years agoin reply to this

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6lHqseEddHPxfVt96qbAdcvPhrO5rkv3kmEDEccS0rfL4VLq7

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)